PDA

View Full Version : ahh... another one today

me_random
March 17th, 2014, 11:04 PM
very strange, today there was another person at work who wanted to buy my hair :rolleyes:
I was re-adjusting my bun and they asked me
"Can I use that?"
me - use what?
"That ponytail"
me: no, i'm still using it.
"oh, can i buy it?"
me: no. :doh:

the strange thing is my hair doesn't even look that great, (at least i've posted some pics here and no one has said anything either way), it's just longer than most (naturally-grown-by-the-person-it's-on) hair around here (Central Ilinois).

Lirona
March 17th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Is there a possibility they were joking...? Such a weird comment.

me_random
March 17th, 2014, 11:17 PM
not sure, but nearly every woman where i work that has hair longer than shoulder is either using some sort of extension or weave,
or it is *not* well taken care of (heat-styled/permed/colored/etc... sometimes all of them at once)

Lirona
March 17th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah. An acquaintance of mine says her hair won't grow, but doesn't seem to be interested in solutions. Oh well... no way can she buy MY ponytail! LOL

Nadine <3
March 18th, 2014, 11:53 AM
lol, I have a friend who has lovely mid back length, curly, thick golden brown hair and I've jokingly asked her if I could buy it from her. She asks me to braid her hair all the time, and when I'm doing it sometimes I'll take a handful of it, hold it up and ask "how much for just this? This would double my thickness, just this bit right here!" We have a good laugh about it, and sometimes she asks if she can buy my shine and softness. Her hair is much coarser than mine.

It's all a fun joke.

spidermom
March 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
A friend asked if we could trade hair one time. Since I was in no danger of it actually happening, I said "absolutely!"

ichosethis
March 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I've never had anyone ask to buy my hair. I had a boss once tell me he'd cut every employee he'd had at that site's hair at least once and that he'd get me eventually (he never did). I've had someone tug on my hair when I braided in an Irish flag colored paranda (this past weekend). I had someone tell me she'd be very mad if I cut off my hair while at a salon for a trim before I learned to do it myself. I've had someone comment that my hair had very few split ends and that it was getting really long while getting a reconstructor treatment (it was my sister and she was totally jealous).

Carolyn
March 18th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I'm sure it was meant as a compliment said in a joking but awkward way. Of course the person could also be a hair fet*sher but we won't go there.