PDA

View Full Version : Great salon experience/finally virgin hair again!

clioariane
March 17th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Hi long-haired friends! I just wanted to show off my new haircut and share my salon experience. I have pretty fine and very straight hair so I was looking for a cut that was still long but would give me some volume because it easily falls flat (even with volumizing products). This was the first time in over a year that I decided to get a cut, and I'm very glad I did! In the past I bleached my hair but am now 100% virgin again! I went to an Aveda salon that I had been to before and my hairdresser has long hair herself so she understands when I tell her to not take off too much length. Here's what she came up with!

http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/194285c8ad0011e38790122646628a52_8.jpg

Henna Girl
March 17th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Lovely haircut and beautiful hair! you look absolutely gorgeous :joy:

tigerlily.
March 17th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Looks lush! Your hair is so shiny, jealous! I love my local Aveda salon :D

clioariane
March 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Thank you ladies! I'm glad you are happy with your local Aveda salon too, tigerlily :)

divinedobbie
March 17th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Very pretty, it really suits you!

Stiria
March 17th, 2014, 11:45 AM
So pretty! Your look great:D

JessicaAnn
March 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Pretty, pretty! I love the long layers and your natural color!

Auburndreaming
March 17th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Looks very nice! Suits you well too :)

molljo
March 17th, 2014, 01:42 PM
It looks lovely! It's always nice seeing a positive salon experience, too, for those of us scared of hairdressers!

Aingeal
March 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Lovely cut! It looks fantastic!

woodswanderer
March 17th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Glad you had a good salon experience and got what you asked for. Looks nice. :)

spidermom
March 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Nice cut. Enjoy!

MeowScat
March 17th, 2014, 02:24 PM
It looks beautiful, it must feel so much healthier. Enjoy your new mane and don't forget to wear it up! :)

kganihanova
March 17th, 2014, 03:44 PM
it looks great!

clioariane
March 23rd, 2014, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the sweet responses everyone! :)

höpönasu
March 23rd, 2014, 06:02 AM
I'd like to get a cut like that! Isn't that bangs framing your face, maybe slightly more hair framing your face than just bangs? My bangs are too shorty for that, but one day...!

Tini'sNewHair
March 24th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Looks great!

blue_eyes
March 24th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Your hair looks incredible! I have the same hair as you do (very straight & fine that easily falls flat) and was thinking of getting a similar cut. I'm always so nervous because I've had terrible cut experiences in the past. I may opt for something similar to yours because since it works perfectly with your hair type! :) Totally gorgeous.

Angela_Rose
March 24th, 2014, 07:52 AM
What a great starting-over point! And it's always nice to hear about a good salon experience. I love my hairdresser (well, if I can call her such. She trims my bangs).

clioariane
April 1st, 2014, 06:32 AM
I'd like to get a cut like that! Isn't that bangs framing your face, maybe slightly more hair framing your face than just bangs? My bangs are too shorty for that, but one day...!
Hi höpönasu! The face-framing layers are basically grown out bangs that my stylist shaped to give my hair more movement. I was a little bit concerned when she suggested it first (nooo, my lenght!) but I'm glad I agreed to it because it adds a bit more volume. How long are your bangs right now? It took me about 2 years to grow them from eyebrow to collarbone-length.

clioariane
April 1st, 2014, 06:56 AM
Your hair looks incredible! I have the same hair as you do (very straight & fine that easily falls flat) and was thinking of getting a similar cut. I'm always so nervous because I've had terrible cut experiences in the past. I may opt for something similar to yours because since it works perfectly with your hair type! :) Totally gorgeous.
Thanks so much! I had some bad experiences with hairdressers before too, but after several unimpressive haircuts I decided to go to a more expensive but reputable salon. Check out which salons in your area have good reviews and if possible consult with them before you make any decisions so you know you're on the same page :)

DweamGoiL
April 1st, 2014, 07:39 AM
Very pretty! I have the same haircut and love it although I am sooooo due for a trim. It's a nice transition if you are growing out.

missfaroe
April 1st, 2014, 10:10 AM
Wow! Your hair is sooo pretty! :thud: i love the color!