PDA

View Full Version : Hello again from an old-timer . . .

Teacherbear
March 16th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Hi, I don't know many of you, but I do see some familiar names, faces, and hair.

I've been away from the boards for several years. Way too much life was going on for me to be online.

I want to report on my hair, though. I'm keeping it between BS and waist length. I've had it a blunt cut for years, but last summer I had some very long layers put into it. At the same time I had some semi-permanent dye used on my hair to brighten my natural color and darken up the grey (though I knew it wouldn't cover it). Well, the grey turned orange-y brown. People said they liked it, but I didn't. I've spent the last couple of weeks using some around-the-house items to lighten the color. It is gradually working. I'm too cheap to buy Color Oops for my 2 little skunk stripes, so I'm growing it out and lightening it as I grow.

I just trimmed off 3-4 inches today, so I'm back to BS length. I like it. I was going to use Feye's self-trimming method, but I wanted some very slight layers. I did a variation of it. I pulled my hair into a pony tail that was about even with the lower part of my ears. I pulled my hair straight back, then trimmed my hair. I like how it turned out.

Let's talk products. I'm still faithful to Giovanni, but I am only using Direct Leave In. I can't seem to use any other leave in. I started using Yes To Blueberries shampoo and conditioner about a year ago and I love it! I've also started using a couple of the Organix products. They are good, too, but very concentrated. I only use gel or hairspray for VERY special occasions. That means I use them less than 3 times per year. I'm not worried about any negative effects to my hair.

Hair tools and toys: I bought a new blow dryer, my old one was more than 10 years old. I figured it was time. This one has 3 speeds and 3 temperatures. I use it about once a month, and only enough to make my hair not "wet". Ficcare? LOVE them! I keep one in my purse and several by the sink. I use them any time I want to toss my hair up. I use non-metal pony ties for pony tails. And, at night I still put 3 scrunchies down the length of my hair. I almost forgot, I still use Denman brushes exclusively. I have a "few" Kent combs that I'll use if/when I want to use a comb.

Well. That about sums it up.

Hello to those I know and those I haven't met yet.

ArienEllariel
March 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM
I recognize your name though I doubt many know mine. Glad you're back with us Teacherbear!

PeaceTeaRules
March 16th, 2014, 09:23 PM
The articles that you wrote were an inspiration for me to join LHC. :D Greetings and Salutations! :)

Marika
March 17th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Good to have you back!:blossom: I've never been very active myself and took a couple of years off too but I absolutely remember you!

duchess67
March 17th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Hello Teacherbear, welcome back :) Glad to meet you and to read your hair routine.

Tini'sNewHair
March 17th, 2014, 05:38 AM
:toast: Welcome back and nice to meet you :)

spidermom
March 17th, 2014, 07:10 AM
I cut my hair to just beyond BSL a couple of months ago. I did reach my goal of classic length, but the ends were really dried out and snarly at that length, so I didn't like it much.

Katrine
March 17th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Hello Teacherbear! Glad you're back! :)

UP Lisa
March 17th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I remember you. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, and didn't realize you were gone that long. Welcome back!

Hypnotica
March 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Hello there!

I remember you from back then. I hope life is somewhat easier now.

Merlin
March 17th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Hi there TBear!

Liv
March 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Hi, Teacherbear. Nice to hear from you again. :)

Kina
March 17th, 2014, 06:30 PM
welcome back :blossom:

DweamGoiL
March 17th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Holy cow! Well, look what the cat dragged in. How have you been? It's been ages. So glad to see you're still around *hugz*

lapushka
March 17th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome back!

PraiseCheeses
March 17th, 2014, 08:00 PM
:waving:

Welcome back! As a frequent archive-diver, I'm familiar with your posts and have gleaned much useful information, so thank you for all your contributions to this community! :flower:

It's always nice when old members reappear; frequently I wonder what happens to names I see in much older threads and the archives.

vindo
March 17th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Hi Teacherbear! I remember you! :)

Loviatar
March 18th, 2014, 11:57 AM
So glad you're back, TBear! I remember when you were always our top poster. I enjoyed reading about your routine. I've finally given up the dye/bleach :)

shu217
March 18th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Great to see you here again. Brenda is between classic and tailbone. Miss seeing you in Dallas at Bill's when she would get her hair done and you would be there as well.

QueenMadge
March 18th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Hello Teacherbear!

I have not been active for a long time. I cut my hair and haven't felt like hanging out. I do miss everyone though and after recommending LHC to a curly girl I met this last weekend I thought I would come for a visit and I saw your thread;-).

I am using Morroco Method shampoo and conditioners and my curly hair is loving them. I had gone to a homemade honey/acv "shampoo" because of scalp skin issues and I appreciate being able to use something I don't have to make myself with no ill effects. It must work well enough too because the person who cuts my hair now told a customer of hers "she has really healthy hair and takes great care of it":D

Hello to everyone else as well;-).

cassie_g
March 18th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Welcome back! I'm another that remebers you from 'back in the day'. :D

blondecat
March 20th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Waves Hi/g'day. I remember you :)

Teacherbear
March 21st, 2014, 11:22 PM
Wow! I feel all the love! Thank you for the welcome backs and for letting me know that my profuse postings from the olden days has helped some of you!

Oh! I can't remember if I've mentioned this or not. About 7 or 8 years ago I lost at least 1/3 of my hair because of a medicine I was on. It took years for my hair to grow out, but it is now pleasantly thick. It isn't toooo thick, but it feels good.

I need to find a picture of my hair to post. I don't take a lot of hair pictures any more.

knitwit
March 22nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
I'm amused. I just dropped back in too. I doubt I'm remembered as well as TeacherBear, but I remember her with great fondness.

Knitwit

höpönasu
March 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Woah, TeacherBear, you've written so many posts! I have been here only a little time so I only meet you now for the first time. Hi! I'm interested in reading more about your hair care and other hair related stuff!

Teacherbear
March 30th, 2014, 12:16 AM
I'm amused. I just dropped back in too. I doubt I'm remembered as well as TeacherBear, but I remember her with great fondness.

Knitwit

:) Thank you, that is very sweet! :) Makes me smile.

And hello, Hoponasu (don't know how to type the special letters, I'm sorry!)

Darian Moone
March 30th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Hi and welcome back, Teacherbear! I sure do remember you! You were the first person at the LHC I interacted with. I'll never forget how welcome you made me feel.

It's great to see so many other familiar names and faces too. This is my first day back on the boards in a couple of years.

Beatnik Guy
March 30th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Hey, TBear! :D