PDA

View Full Version : Hair pampering weekend!

snowyx
March 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM
So hopefully I am not the only one, but I do most of my hair pampering on the weekends. I thought it would be fun to start a thread where people could post things that they did to pamper their hair this weekend and weekends to come?)

I'll start. On Saturday night, I heavily oiled my hair with my Vatika Coconut oil and flipped my head over and massaged for a good 5 minutes (inversion method). At around 4pm the next day, I washed it out and did a chamomile rinse. I washed it out and did a final rinse with distilled water.

When my hair finally air-dried, I was very pleased to find a redish tint, especially in my bleached ends (the oil that I used has henna).
Overall my hair feels very soft and clean. A bit frizzy, but I will apply a bit of oil and do headband curls tonight.

Please tell me how you pampered your hair this weekend!

nakima
March 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I did a acv rinse yesterday followed by a really good conditioning. I really love the way acv makes my hair feel, It's so soft and shiney:)

goldenlady
March 16th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I'm currently sat in henna conditioning treatment :). I work as a teacher so my hair gets ignored mon-fri!

ositarosita
March 16th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Next weekend is hair pampering weekend for me. Starts with a heavy oiling the night before, clarifying then a nice deeeep conditioning. If my toner comes in by then I will be toning as well.

LauraLongLocks
March 16th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Mixing up henna/cassia gloss today.

Crumpet
March 16th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I wash once a week and today is the big day. I oil with coconut oil all week and this weekend I'm just doing a CO-wash and a deep conditioning treatment. I try to do a protein treatment every other weekend if I have time.

GrowingOut
March 16th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I had coconut oil in my hair and bunned it, leaving it to absorb from 2PM yesterday to 12 PM today! :D That's 22 hours of oil!

Stiria
March 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM
My ends have been feeling dry and tangly lately, so I will do a deep treatment tonight. Equal parts of conditioner and olive oil, my hair loves it:)

GoddesJourney
March 16th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I did just the slightest trim on my front layers, so they look nicer now and it makes me not hate my hair. I also used Neutrogena T Gel (dandruff shampoo with coal tar) for the first time. Wearing hats every day at work seems to have crept in a dandruff problem over the last few years. I remember another girl mentioned to me that it happens to everyone. Other than that, the usual CO with beer rinse (when I'm home) and light oiling of avocado or macadamia while it's still wet.

Vanilla
March 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Did some S&D Friday night for about an hour or so,and this morning washed my hair and did a catnip treatment. My hair is now damp bunned with a acrylic keytlo stick.

Verdandi
March 16th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I trimmed 1/2" today, guess I could consider that pampering, and I'm doing an overnight EVOO-argan oiling right now (25 minutes until Monday here, so still weekend ;) )

LauraLongLocks
March 16th, 2014, 07:27 PM
The henna/cassia gloss is on my head as I type.

Taenarian
March 16th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Weekends are my hair pampering time too! Saturday saw a henna/cassia gloss followed by a decently long SMT. Sunday for enjoying the results :)

restless
March 16th, 2014, 11:29 PM
A little bit of S&D on Saturday evening and yesterday I did a heavy oiling with coconut oil that I left in for a couple of hours.

Ambystoma
March 17th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Instead of just leaving my conditioner on for 5+ minutes under a shower cap while I do the rest of my shower stuff yesterday I got out and wrapped a warm towel over the cap and left it to soak in for an hour or so before rinsing it out. I wish I had the patience to do that every wash, it's sooooo soft and silky today!

swearnsue
March 18th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I just pampered my hair. I trimmed it myself using Feye's Trimming Method. I measured my hair before and it was 24 inches. I trimmed a tiny bit, recombed and cut again until I felt like I got everything even. I measured again and it is 23.5 inches.

Then I showered and washed my hair using my favorite shampoo, One N Only from Sally's then used AOHR conditioner on the length only. After rinsing it out I rinsed with water/vinegar and rinsed some more.

After towel squeezing my wet hair I put two drops of Camillia oil on my hands and scrunched the oil into the ends and up the length about 4 to 6 inches.

My hair is very happy, so then I am happy.

jacqueline101
March 18th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Let's see Sunday s&d my ends
Every night wear my pink satin sleep cap
Wear a braided up this week
Saturday I washed and conditioned
Monday Wednesday Friday oil mist and leave in conditioner on length plus my experiment
Using satin scrunchi in my hair.

Melbo
March 19th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Every weekend I either do a hot oil treatment or a homemade hair mask. I'm looking to incorporate neutral henna into my weekend routine, but haven't gotten to that just yet :-)

Aderyn
March 19th, 2014, 10:58 PM
I usually do the "hair pampering" during the week (used as an excuse to procrastinate on other things, of course).

Hair pampering is in quotes because I really don't do much to my hair, I usually just let it be, it's balanced and fine as is. I think I'll try a protein-free deep condition this weekend, I have a hair mask sample from a friend so why not?

clioariane
March 20th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I just oiled my hair with coconut and argan before bed :)

ositarosita
March 28th, 2014, 12:16 PM
This weekend is a protein/ elasticity treatment then I'm going to be toning, I would be trimming/ cutting layers but I did that Tuesday

cherrybird
March 28th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Thinking of doing an amla/avocado/peppermint oil treatment this weekend. I found a really nice lightweight avocado oil mix at Winners a couple weeks ago and I want to do a deep condition.

synchrostatic
March 28th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Thinking of doing an amla/avocado/peppermint oil treatment this weekend. I found a really nice lightweight avocado oil mix at Winners a couple weeks ago and I want to do a deep condition.

Oh wow, that sounds amazing. Let us know how that goes. I love the smell of peppermint oil.

cherrybird
March 28th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Will do! I love amla already so just adding more goodness.

DarleneH
March 29th, 2014, 05:33 AM
cherrybird, that DOES sound amazing! What is the avocado mix oil you found? We don't have the Winners stores around here but maybe some other store has it where I could check it out. I use Indian hair oils that have a cooling quality (probably camphor, not peppermint, but I like both) but they are heavy oils.

DancingQueen
March 29th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Last night (friday night), I went and bought a jar of coconut oil. I gave my scalp a heavy oil massage, and gave the length and ends some as well. I braided it and slept overnight. The next morning, I washed it with my ginger shampoo and honey conditioner, and let it air dry. My hair feels amazing, I think it really needed it. I will try to do coconut massages every time I wash it, because I know how amazing it works. I don't like how much hair falls out, though. :(

höpönasu
March 29th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Tonight I'm going to do my weekly over night oil treatment. Few tablespoons of coconut oil, a bit of shea butter and a lot of castor oil! I love it, and so does my hair! Shea butter is a new thing to me, so I'll experience with it. I did do a shea butter oiling last week and it totally oiled my hair. It seemed to be like coconut oil but it doesn't absorb almost at all. I was at work with veeeeery oily hair but oh well.

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I done my normal routine except I'm treating myself to a new hair style.

Night_Kitten
March 29th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Right now I'm doing a henna coloring after years I haven't don it, lol, been too lazy :)
There isn't a significant color difference for me as my natural color is dark brown, so whenever I bother it's mostly for the added shine and (hopefully) thickness... The red that shows through when the sun hits my hair is also a nice bonus :)

cherrybird
March 30th, 2014, 12:57 PM
The oil treatment went fairly well, but I don't think I let the amla soak enough, it was gritty when I put it in my hair. When I mixed it with conditioner before it fluffed up and got oily. On the plus side I have very soft hair now! My ends were getting spiky because its so dry, and this had fixed it. :)

cherrybird, that DOES sound amazing! What is the avocado mix oil you found? We don't have the Winners stores around here but maybe some other store has it where I could check it out. I use Indian hair oils that have a cooling quality (probably camphor, not peppermint, but I like both) but they are heavy oils.

It's Modern Apothecary Smoothing Avocado hair oil. I can't really find a link to the product itself, but here's their site: http://modernapothecary.ca/

ositarosita
March 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM
This weekend is a protein/ elasticity treatment then I'm going to be toning, I would be trimming/ cutting layers but I did that Tuesday

My DC/Protein treatment became a HG product.... I will be doing a DC every Saturday with this stuff (about 1 hour as three quarters of an hour my hair almost absorbed it all)

ExpectoPatronum
March 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I'm in on this! I just dyed my hair again after doing it last week (had to fix some uneven color) so my hair could use some pampering.

I just trimmed off about a quarter inch from my ends which were a bit crunchy (and have been for a while...I'm glad they're gone to be honest lol) and I'll probably slather some oils on my hair and let it sit all day today and tomorrow. Then I'll wash with my favorite shampoo bar :)

I'm technically not supposed to wash until Tuesday but...Monday night is close enough.

petitepraline
March 30th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Did a heavy oiling on Friday and am going to be washing it out today :)

untangleme
March 30th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Just rinsed my hair after leaving conditioner in it for 45 minutes :)

Vanilla
March 30th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I had a trim and deep conditioning treatment at the salon today.

alishaxmarie
March 30th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Overnight coconut oiling followed by a deep conditioning treatment (initially I was just going to CO-wash the oil out) with black tea (need that caffeine to reduce my shedding). I will probably do a catnip rinse when I get home although I usually just leave the catnip in rather than rinsing it out.

Brattina88
March 30th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I always have to do this on weekends, I'm much too busy weekdays lol. This past weekend I S&D and then I did my henna-cassia mix to my roots, and glossed the rest. <3 it!

kidari
March 30th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I haven't washed in a few days, I used a chelating shampoo followed by a purple shampoo that I left on for a few minutes to tone brassiness, then I slathered on a deep conditioner but only left that in a few minutes in the shower. Hair was set in 4 buns and now I have voluminous bouncy waves and nice, clean, toned hair.

ositarosita
April 12th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Today I do a proper deep condition .. i'm making a point of deep conditioning every Saturday now because I am no longer using scissors so I need a routine :)

höpönasu
April 12th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I washed only once this week, my hair was so clean I didn't need to wash it. Since last night I've had my castor-almond-oil treatment no. I'll wash it this evening.

Ruzovy
April 12th, 2014, 07:03 AM
I only ever do hair-pampering on weekends, and since I always wash on Sundays, I usually do all the massaging, oiling or henna prep on Saturdays. Later today I will slather my hair in sweet almond oil and braid-bun it until tomorrow morning when I shall wash it and do a nice ACV rinse followed by a bottled-water rinse.

restless
April 12th, 2014, 07:04 AM
This day was dedicated to S&D and lots of coconut oil for a deep treatment. Usually I try to oil with coconut oil twice a week, but Ive been so busy lately I havent actually had time for that in almost 2 weeks. It feels good being back on track again :)

Enrapture
April 12th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I will coat my ends with coconut oil later today and put some castor oil on scalp only tomorrow since i have some plans :)

jacqueline101
April 12th, 2014, 08:16 AM
My hair length has been extra dry so I'm deep conditioning and using a new oil on the length I'm using Pantene oil. It seems great. I love the shine I have and the Pantene smell is great. As I was doing my hair I noticed it's about six inches away from waist. I'm happy. I'm also wearing my satin sleep cap to bed.

LauraLongLocks
April 13th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I did a coffee rinse and SMT yesterday.