PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Swap Box Info

Garnett
March 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
In the interest of organization (and organizers' sanity) we are splitting the swap box journal into each box / region. Below is the list of ALL boxes and their organizers, so make sure you contact the right one if you are interested in participating.

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE INDICATING YOUR DESIRE TO PARTICIPATE!!

What is the swap box?
The swap box is simply a means for participants to "recycle" unused or unwanted hair accessories by passing them on to others.

Who are the organizers?

* Eastern US: OhioLisa
* Southern US: OhioLisa
* Western US (including Alaska and Hawaii): PatGear
* Canada: Garnett
* Europe: Igor
* Australia / New Zealand: Ali

Who can participate?
Participants must meet 3 criteria to be able to participate (these rules apply only to those who want to be added from this day forward):

* Membership on LHC of at least 6 months
* 250 post minimum
* Trader rating of at least 5

~~Sorry if you think these guidelines are too strict. You can thank those who have "lost" the boxes previously.~~

If you meet ALL these requirements and would like to participate, please PM the swap box organizer. Please include the country/state you live in so we can make sure you're on the correct list.

How exactly does the box work?

The proper procedure for the swap box is:

1. Receive the box
2. Select items you want from the box
3. Replace the items you took with items of SIMILAR QUALITY
4. Post in the thread about the items you took and added
5. Look at the end of this post for the next name on the list
6. PM the next person to obtain their address
7. Send the box to its next destination and post here or PM the organizer that you have done so
8. PM your organizer if you would like to receive the box again

What can I put in the box?
Any gift quality hair accessories can go into the box. This can include something you no longer use or something you have made specifically for the swap box. Do keep in mind that the box is not a dumping ground for unused hair items. (No plastic or metal clips that come 20 to a pack, for instance.) If you would not appreciate getting the same item as a gift, do NOT add it to the box.

What cannot go into the box?
Although extra goodies may seem like a nice idea, they really only add bulk and weight to the boxes. Please do not include coffees, teas, trinkets, or makeup in the boxes. Please also do not put bottles of product or oils in the boxes. The boxes are meant for accessories only.

What can I take from the box?
You can take any item from the box that you are able to replace with a similar quality item. If you are going to take a high end item (a ficcare or nice hair fork, for instance) you must be able to replace it with an equally high end item. 20 plastic claw clips do not equal a ficcare, yall.

How long do I keep the box?
We are imposing a 2 week turnaround time on the box. If your schedule / obligations will not allow you to get the box, take away and add what you wish, and send it to the next person within 2 weeks, then do not take the box! Squatting ruins the fun for everyone. (Of course, if you finish with the box before then, by all means, send it on its way! )

Any additional points to remember?
Please keep in mind that we need to be kept updated on this thread. We need to know when you get the box, what was taken, what was added, and when you will be sending to the next person. I will be keeping the first post of this thread updated with the box's status so that participants can know when to anticipate their turn. This means that I can only keep others updated if I am kept updated. Do not let other members sit and wonder what is going on with the box. Be courteous to your fellow participants by keeping us informed. Thank you.

As always, when in doubt or in question, please PM your box organizer.

Current Canadian Swap Box List

The current list of participants (in the order of receipt):

NaomiMcc
Garnett
Wavelength
annarose
Chromis

Garnett
March 19th, 2008, 02:18 PM
If more Canadians would like to join the swap box, we can get it running again. There were only a few people interested at last call, so it's been stalled for quite some time now. Please indicate here if you're interested!!

PseudoScot
March 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yay! Garnett's cool and the box is a LOT of fun so sign up now!!

Wavelength
March 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'll sign up. I have some hairtoys that would like to go to good homes. :)

PM'ing you, Garnett.

naomimcc
March 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hey Garnett...I still have the box...just FYI...I had sent if off to you and it was returned (not enough postage - even though the dang thing was weighed at the post office by a Canada Post employee and okayed....grrrr...Canada Post.) So...ya. *sigh* It's still here. I just haven't sent it off - again.

On another note: COME ON CANADIANS!!! Let's go!!! :D

darkwaves
March 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I'd be up for joining, but will be away a lot over the next few months.

Garnett
March 19th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Wavelength, consider yourself added :)

Naomi, that's okay.. I know just how CP can be. Just send it when you get a chance hehe.

Darkwaves, if you like, I can add you to the list and we can organize it so you get it when you're around? If not, just let me know when you're done with your world traveling and I'll add you then.

ETA: Hi PseudoScot!! :D

annarose
March 20th, 2008, 04:25 AM
I'm in!

And I've got lots since I went to mostly sticks now. ;)

Garnett
March 20th, 2008, 01:50 PM
annarose, I've just added you :D

Haldir
March 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hey! I have some pretty cool things that I can't use because my hair's too fine... am I a long enough member?

Garnett
March 21st, 2008, 10:54 PM
Hey! I have some pretty cool things that I can't use because my hair's too fine... am I a long enough member?

Hey Haldir :) Nice to have you here at LHC. We will love to have you join once you've met the criteria, but as of now, you have not been a member for 6 months, and you have no trader rating. You definitely have enough posts, but you need to meet all of the requirements to join. I'm going to quote from the first post in this thread, stating the rules and admission requirements, because I'm lazy and don't want to type them all out again. Hang out here a bit longer and soon enough you'll be able to participate in the Swap Box. :)

Who can participate?
Participants must meet 3 criteria to be able to participate (these rules apply only to those who want to be added from this day forward):

* Membership on LHC of at least 6 months
* 250 post minimum
* Trader rating of at least 5

~~Sorry if you think these guidelines are too strict. You can thank those who have "lost" the boxes previously.~~

If you meet ALL these requirements and would like to participate, please PM the swap box organizer. Please include the country/state you live in so we can make sure you're on the correct list.

Haldir
March 22nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Where's the trader rating found? Because I used to have one rating before the forum went down :\

But yeah I'll wait another few months, that's fine :)

Chromis
March 31st, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'd love to join in a month if the trader ratings have been fixed by then :)

Garnett
March 31st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Chromis, that will be great! I hope trader ratings are fixed soon too.

Haldir, yep, just stick around a bit longer. You'll have four more trader ratings in no time :)

Shorty89
April 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Garnett, I would love to join, but as far as I know I don't have trader ratings and I don't know how to get them. I have; however, paid for a comb from Mira-chan, and just bought a stick from Miss Murphy if that means anything.

Garnett
April 10th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Shorty89, you are well on your way! You only need to do three more transactions here at LHC to get your five positive trader ratings. I'm sure they will be fixed shortly :)

Darkhorse1
June 24th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I'd love to join, but I don't think I meet the criteria. :(

csdearl
June 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Hey Garnett I am interested I was on the old list when their wasn't enough interest in the Canadian box. I don't have a trader rating on the new LHC (not sure how it works here actually) But I had one on the last board am I still eligible?

darkwaves
June 24th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Question about this box that cost naomimcc more stamps than expected... Just how big is it? Physically, I mean. In the $10 or $20 postage range? (We all know Canada Post is not cheap.)

Thanks!

Darkhorse1
June 25th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I would also suggest for those doing a Canada swap, to use Express Post--this way, there is a tracking # so noone can steal the items/product. Perhaps instead of using a 'box', you can use a large bubble package you buy in the Post Office? That will reduce cost.

Shorty89
June 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
If the cost isn't too much I'd love to join. I should have five trader ratings now. (I think)

csdearl
June 29th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I am still confused about the trader rating here on the new LHC seeing that I haven't participated in any swaps or bought anything since the whole change over. I was a regular participant on the old board. So I am confused as to whether or not I can participate in this swap box or not.

Haldir
June 29th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure you can find your old trader ratings on the old board's archive?

Garnett
June 30th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Hey guys. I am not sure how the trader ratings are archived or why they have not been fixed here yet. I don't actually have the box, so until Naomi and I can get ourselves sorted out, the Canadian Box is still on hiatus. Sorry everyone. We will update as soon as we can. :)

Eboshi
July 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
The administrators and moderators of TLHC have come to the conclusion that TLHC can no longer be a vehicle for supporting the Swap boxes. This is based on the development of numerous ongoing issues relating to them.

We regret the disappointment and inconvenience that this may cause some members. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation.

This thread is closed.