PDA

View Full Version : Cold weather hairstyles

norths
March 15th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Its now autumn and that means alot of cold and windy and soon to be wet hair. And this is also the first time ive had long hair (its now around midback length). So i was wondering how do you normally style your hair during the cold seasons.
Also any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Misschilly
March 15th, 2014, 05:11 AM
I have it up as usually but put everything under a big cap when going out=)

bunzfan
March 15th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Folded braids work well as i can then still wear a hat any braided bun really this one is really good oval bun (http://youtu.be/ysyoval bunq-w96AWg) if you have a ficcare they pretty much keep your hair secure but you can still wear a hat.

tlover
March 15th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I wear my hair up summer and Winter, I just have a cap that I can have my hair under, or in fall/spring I sometimes wear it in a scarf

followingup
March 15th, 2014, 08:02 AM
braided and oiled, underneath a cap. i find this helps against the dryness of the air in the cold weather and also helps alot against tangles caused by wind.

Madora
March 15th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I alternate between a coiled braided bun on top of my head, or an accent crown braid around my head. I wear a scarf around my head.

jupiterinleo
March 15th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I lightly oil my length and put it in two braids, and wear a hat. I usually keep my braids inside of my jacket when it gets really cold.

Colourful
March 15th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Here, where I live, winter is getting over and the biggest colds are gone, but when it got below 5 degrees (Celsius), I always wore my hair under the hat and in the jacket, so I could protect my hair from cold. I usually wore my hair in a simple braid.

Aderyn
March 15th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I usually put my hair up with a flexi-8, and then wear my hair under my coat hood. I shy away from hairsticks if I know I'm wearing a hat for long periods of time as it can dislodge the stick a bit and be uncomfortable. This is what I do if it's going to be rainy (which it frequently is around here), too. Pretty much the same as usual, just a more careful choice of hairtoys.

Anje
March 15th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I tend to wear a lot of braids in the winter because they fit better under winter hats. Between my bun, how I secure it, and my big fat noggin, hats and buns aren't very compatible for me.

With wind, the biggest concern is just to keep your hair well contained so it doesn't get windblown and tangled. More sleek, tucked-in updos than loose or messy styles, that sort of thing.

Frida
March 15th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I usually braid my hair. Braids sit better under my jacket, so are most comfortable. I oil it before I braid, too. My ends just get so dry if I go without oil in winter.

meteor
March 15th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I braid and bun. But that's what I do any time of the year, anyway. :)

The only cold winter trick I have is to use a silk (or just smooth) scarf under your hat or hood to protect your hair from wool / flannel / other materials that shed fibers and can cause tangled hair. Also, maybe use a bit of oil/serum to protect the hair a bit from cold, dry air.

Reyn
March 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Oh I wonder if my wool hat was doing me more harm than good over this winter!! Ugh, I feel like such a hair noob! I've always tried to keep my hair down in some way to cover my neck a bit more during winter, but I never thought about how much damage the cold does =/ Definitely gonna have to knit myself a scarf now so I can protect my hair AND my neck next winter!