PDA

View Full Version : Been here over a month now!

HazelBug
March 14th, 2014, 04:07 PM
I didn't realise I had joined over a month ago! I figure I should tell you guys how my hair has been. Fortunatly I'm not one to use heat on my hair. Blow dryers annoy me. Curlers work for about 20 minutes before my hair is straight again. There's no point to straighteners. I do have dye damage. It's not the worst out there. But my hair is just a bit more dry and less soft. I'm not prone to splits or breakage. I'm very thankful for that.

So to get to the point. I've done just a few little things that have really improved the way my hair feels. I've stretched washes. Now I'm washing 2 times a week. Hopefully I can go longer since I hate washing my hair anyway. I've done the cwc thing. It's been awesome. I got a slightly runnier conditioner for the first condition. after 3 weeks my hair felt much better! I've started occasionally oiling my ends. I've tried coconut oil and grapeseed oil. I'm not sure what I prefer yet.

Anyway, 1 month in and I'm feeling much happier about my hair. Ok, just over a month!

Aingeal
March 14th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Glad your hair is in a happy place!

restless
March 15th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Time flies, doesnt it? :) The first months here can be overwhelming as there are so many new things to learn and try out, but its lots of fun too. Glad youre seeing improvements and feeling happy about your hair.

HazelBug
March 15th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Time does fly here! It's been fun though! I hope that my hair continues to get easier to handle with time. :)

lapushka
March 15th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Have fun with ongoing (or new :D) experiments. It's fun discovering what your hair likes! I forget sometimes what that was like when I first got here and wanted to try all sorts of new things!

Stiria
March 15th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Glad you found someting that works for you! A change in washing routine really can do wonders. Have fun experimenting!:)

threadOfGold
March 15th, 2014, 05:57 AM
I have been here for about a month too, I absolutely love it and everyone on it! There's not a day I don't check the website and my hair has never been happier. :)

followingup
March 15th, 2014, 08:38 AM
i felt like this at the start too. i can honestly say that i saw a diffrence after my first week on here. It's amazing how much my hair improved after only a week without blowdrying, straightening and washing it everyday with loads of shampoo and ripping a brush trough it every 10 minutes. :) i was also surprised at how nice all the people on this site are. it's like a REAL community.

spidermom
March 15th, 2014, 09:50 AM
There's definitely a wealth of good hair information around here.

FallingDarkness
March 15th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I keep thinking back to my old days, when I washed every day (with sulfates), never deep conditioned, or used oil treatments, and then compare that to my hair care routine now, and how much healthier my hair is. It's absolutely amazing, how much I've learned from LHC, and how much your hair can benefit.

HazelBug
March 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Oils are so nice for hair too! I wouldn't have thought too much about oils untill I started lurking here. I mean, you grow up being told to wash oily hair. At first it seems a strange thing. But it makes so much sense after you learn what hair can be like with different treatment.