PDA

View Full Version : I have learned my lesson. I am sorry hair.

Nadine <3
March 14th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Dear hair,

I promise, the next time we go on an outdoor adventure I will put you up and safe out of the way when it is windy. I'm not used to you being longer than my chin. I didn't realize the wind was going to whip you around and tangle you up. I just felt like you would enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.

Sincerely,
Nadine

Eh, yeah...I'm used to my hair being maintained at my chin or shoulders. Today we had nice but windy weather. I want the lovely blonde highlights the sunshine gives my hair, so I wore it down...BIG MISTAKE...I had to use a ton of leave in condish to get through my hair when I got home. Oh well, It's a learning experience :)

Agnes Hannah
March 14th, 2014, 04:23 PM
it knows you care about it. Be good to it and it will reward you by growing. Wait for a sunny less windy day for your hair to enjoy. Summer will soon be here. x

JessicaAnn
March 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Ugh, I feel yah. One day last summer my hair decides to work itself loose of my baseball cap web I was out in the motorcycle with bf. And it was about at my waist at this point. It took me forever to get it untangled and my hair isn't prone to tangles at all.

Avis
March 14th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. My waves were looking especially nice so I thought I would wear my hair down but it was super windy that day and I mostly just got a bunch of tangles and hair in my mouth. Luckily I found a clip in my bag and was able to put it up. If only we could have wind impervious hair like Pocahontas. :rolleyes:

Kherome
March 14th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Those "lovely blond highlights" are actually damaging, you know?

spidermom
March 14th, 2014, 06:22 PM
When I was in Cancun last year, I really enjoyed feeling the wind blow my hair around (it was about tailbone length). I'm not sure why.
But sometimes it's not all about the hair.

Nadine <3
March 14th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Those "lovely blond highlights" are actually damaging, you know?

I do, but I like them. I'm not bleaching them in or using sun in. My hair doesn't get fried from it, so I let it go. What would I do otherwise, wear a hat all summer? I baby it otherwise, but I want to enjoy it to. I just have to learn to enjoy it when it's not so windy lol

Spidermom, that sounds really nice. Wind through your hair feels good :)

I oiled and braided my hair. I think I am forgiven!

Kherome
March 14th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I do, but I like them. I'm not bleaching them in or using sun in. My hair doesn't get fried from it, so I let it go. What would I do otherwise, wear a hat all summer? I baby it otherwise, but I want to enjoy it to. I just have to learn to enjoy it when it's not so windy lol

Spidermom, that sounds really nice. Wind through your hair feels good :)

I oiled and braided my hair. I think I am forgiven!

No, many shampoos/conditioners can be purchased with UV protection built in.

kaydana
March 14th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Your hair did enjoy it, it was celebrating being long by dancing with the wind!

MeAndTheMaz
March 14th, 2014, 07:04 PM
That's good to know. I work pretty much outside all summer.

ETA: Crap. Kaydana got in between my post and kherome's. What's good to know is UV protection, but I guess it's also good to know that my hair can dance in the wind.

Wildcat Diva
March 14th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I've heard that UV protection in hair products is a bunch of bunk just to get us to buy it.

jt623
March 14th, 2014, 07:34 PM
My hair loves the wind when I don't go do something stupid and cut bangs!

Nadine <3
March 14th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I've heard that UV protection in hair products is a bunch of bunk just to get us to buy it.
I was thinking this too...either that or I would worry about it causing build up and I would have to clarify it out. I like my current shampoos and conditioner and I like my highlights. :) I like the wind too, but I think my hair would rather be contained in a braid for now on lol

RapunzelKat
March 14th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Yep, I've been there... You don't really realize how much it can tangle as it gets a bit longer until it happens! Glad to hear your hair is feeling happier now :bluebiggr

I was actually out walking on a windy day last week and was sorely tempted to take out my hairstick and just let my hair whip around a little... I'd still be detangling if I had though! :lol:

(I'm another fan of a few sun highlights. Brings out the natural beauty of my color, and it's a heck of a lot better than the Sun-In I used to use! :D)

Andeee
March 15th, 2014, 01:26 AM
I go out walking / hiking and often forget to make sure my hair is either braided or put up out of the way. Even when braided the wind takes the baby hairs out of my braid and ends up blowing it over my face and in my mouth so I've got to use a scarf or headband as well.

I'm not too paranoid about the sun unless it's a relentlessly hot day (here in the north of England that doesn't happen too often) and will wear a hat to protect my face from the sun, which also protects my hair. But I agree, sometimes you have to just enjoy nature a bit and not worry too much about damage.

nakima
March 15th, 2014, 01:47 PM
when I was younger I loved the way the wind felt when it would blew thru my hair, I never got tangles. Boy not any more if just walk past a fan a get a few small knots ha! It is a learning process lol! I also ride a harley and I have to be especially careful then, but it is nice to be in the wind and not have to worry abt it. ( I rope it off)

MadeiraD
March 15th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I always braid my hair and wear a broad brimmed hat (and often carry a parasol) to protect my hair from wind and sun

Red Rapunzel
March 15th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Nadine, it gets worse - wait til your hair is longer - it'll catch on doorknobs - and everything! Braiding could be an answer - or just wearing it up in windy weather - then letting it down when you come indoors.

Kherome, you have gorgeous hair! I love it!

AmberMuffinz
March 15th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I can't wear my hair down if it's windy LOL. It'll get all over in my face and mouth. Not to mention the tangles! Oh the tangles! I have to keep it up at work too or else I'll end up bagging my hair with customers purchases hahaha.

Ishje
March 15th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Ah yea, wind is horrible for hair. Braiding is a great remedy though! And if it is cold enough you can combine it with a hat.
I also love the blonde highlights, and I love swimming in the sea. Both not great for hair but I think if you oil it and use heavy conditioners it can still go a long way!

stachelbeere
March 15th, 2014, 03:34 PM
hey Nadine, I totally get your pain, APL+ is the longest my hair has ever, ever, ever been in my entire life.
It feels awesome to have longish hair but it just gets in the way so easily. and the tangles when my hair is not contained are monstrous, especially the tiny ones :/

makeminea99
March 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I can't wear my hair down if it's windy LOL. It'll get all over in my face and mouth. Not to mention the tangles! Oh the tangles! I have to keep it up at work too or else I'll end up bagging my hair with customers purchases hahaha.
I had to laugh at this. My hair is almost at tailbone and is starting to develop prehensile qualities when down. I swear it tried to take a sip of my friend's wine the other day when her back was turned! ;)