PDA

View Full Version : Questions about hair taping

Misschilly
March 14th, 2014, 04:54 AM
Hair taping seems to be so comfortable, I think I'll get myself a yarn needle and try someday!

Can I use a wrapping string or would that be to hair unfriendly?

Maybe a stupid question..but how do you take the taping out?

Can you sleep in it? How many days would it look decent? Thinking about having it as a protective hairstyle such as mini braids..

thanks! =)

HaMalka
June 6th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Taking hair taping out is the same as taking any stitches out where you don't want to rip the thread. I find it easiest to poke the needle under the ribbon I use being careful not to catch any hair and taking it out stitch by stitch. I think how long you can leave it up depends on your hair type, how clean your hair is, and how well you stitched. Sometimes I can keep it looking nice for about two days other times its falling out after one day. I have found that plastic yarn needles work much better then metal ones because of the flexibility.

mira-chan
June 6th, 2014, 09:49 PM
It depends on how smooth the wrapping string is, if it's smooth and soft then it should be fine. I'd suggest ribbon for sleeping though as it tends to be softer so that you can sleep more comfortably. I use a plastic yarn needle like the one HaMalka talked about, with a silk ribbon. To take it out, you untie the ends and unpick it just like you would embroidery mistakes or sewing thread that you don't want to damage, one stitch at a time. Tug, pull through till the end is out then move on to the next stitch and repeat till end. Takes a little longer but with careful taping and possibly a sleep cap you can probably wear the style two days.