PDA

View Full Version : Is this waist?

Larki
March 12th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I edited my signature earlier, and it occurred to me that I might be at waist? What do you guys think?! I usually take pictures in looser shirts, and I think this is the first time I've actually noticed my waist. LOL! I thought I was at BSL, but this looks like waist to me.

http://i61.tinypic.com/34ew074.jpg

Shibe
March 12th, 2014, 11:49 PM
I'm having a hard time telling. Maybe stand with your back at front angle with a hand on your waist?

It does look waist to me from here, though! Congrats!

Arwenlily
March 12th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I was just going to say the same thing. The angle is throwing me off a little even though it does look like waist!

Larki
March 13th, 2014, 12:01 AM
I'm having a hard time telling. Maybe stand with your back at front angle with a hand on your waist?

It does look waist to me from here, though! Congrats!

With my back at front angle? What do you mean?

morrigan*
March 13th, 2014, 12:09 AM
I think you'll need another inch before there. It would be easier to tell if you would put your hands at waist and stand more straight to mirror.

AcornMystic
March 13th, 2014, 01:15 AM
She means facing head on as you are not angled to face straight ahead. You're off to the side. Angles can be deceiving but it looks like waist. If so contrats. ^.^

lapushka
March 13th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Looks like waist to me! :D Congrats!

Carolyn
March 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM
It looks close to me. Maybe another inch to go. Wear something like a form fitting black cami and put your hands at your waist or tie a light colored string or ribbon around your natural waist. I think we are hair twins!

Lyv
March 14th, 2014, 01:48 AM
I think you may have another inch or so to go but it could just be the angle, I think if you try Carolyn's suggestion it would be easier to tell.

elea
March 14th, 2014, 01:58 AM
waist is the smallest part of your torso so if your hair is where you would put your hands on your hips fingers at front and thumbs at back, it is waist.
it does look like it to me.
woop-woop!

heidi w.
March 14th, 2014, 08:25 AM
To be technical about it, you're slightly above waist. Just a few more inches. But you are essentially THERE. Congratulations.
heidi w.

LadyCelestina
March 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I think the tippity tips of your hair are right at waist,but I think waist,like TBL,is a very individual length and you'd be better off deciding for yourself whether you are at waist or not.
Pro tip,find the thinnest part of your belly with your hands and wrap a piece of string,fabric,or something tightly around it.If your hair reaches past the thing you tied to your waist,you are at waist.

kganihanova
March 14th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I think the tippity tips of your hair are right at waist,but I think waist,like TBL,is a very individual length and you'd be better off deciding for yourself whether you are at waist or not.
Pro tip,find the thinnest part of your belly with your hands and wrap a piece of string,fabric,or something tightly around it.If your hair reaches past the thing you tied to your waist,you are at waist.

This. I didn't post a second am I waist thread because it is so individual. I could feel it that I was at waist and that's what matters. Call waist if you want, it'll keep you sane.

Anje
March 14th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Looks pretty close. I don't tend to like to call it until it looks like the bulk of the hair is hitting that mark, though, which tends to be a little bit past.

Avital88
March 14th, 2014, 04:01 PM
You are close. I would say by next month you are waist

Tota
March 14th, 2014, 04:30 PM
If not yet you'll be there very very soon. Woohoo, congrats! And a beautiful color, too!

Larki
March 14th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Thank you, everyone! :)

swearnsue
March 14th, 2014, 07:49 PM
You are definitely longer than BSL, that's for sure! Your hair is very pretty too, so the longer it is the more beautifulness there is to see.

Larki
March 14th, 2014, 07:51 PM
You are definitely longer than BSL, that's for sure! Your hair is very pretty too, so the longer it is the more beautifulness there is to see.
Thank you so much! :D

blace
March 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Looks like it to me! Beautiful!

nakima
March 15th, 2014, 01:01 PM
If not its very very close :) you have very pretty hair it reminds of mine in my younger days :)

Frida
March 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I think you're close enough to call waist, congrats!

MadeiraD
March 15th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I kind of want a "what's my length again" thread cause I'm never sure "is this tailbone? Heck if I know" also I'd say waist and also that your hair is pretty

Tini'sNewHair
March 15th, 2014, 03:19 PM
If you feel like you are at waist then it is so, your hair looks long enough to be anyway and non LHC people will certainly see it as waist. its just the engle you positioned yourself in the photo that causes doubts because its an angle that can add length. Anyway you have stunning hair and congrats on the length :)

Bloom
March 15th, 2014, 06:18 PM
It's either waist or very, very close... either way it looks good :)