PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do an inversion challenge with me?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shibe
March 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I did day 1 of inversion method today and want to do a minimum of 7 days to see if there is any difference!

Some women report that the inversion method combined with Indian head massage and/or oil gives them a big boost in growth, due to the increased blood flow to the follicles.

Any ladies who have done this method who would like to chime in?

FallingDarkness
March 12th, 2014, 06:06 PM
What is the inversion method exactly? Anything to make my hair grow faster though!!!

Shibe
March 12th, 2014, 06:40 PM
http://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/the-inversion-method-for-hair-grow-an-inch-of-hair-in-7-days/

Is a great page for a very thorough instruction and some information. I need to measure my hair tonight after I finish making dinner, then I can see if there is any result to this.

I do take a pre natal vitamin every day, but I dont think that will mess up the results too much.

Tini'sNewHair
March 12th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I already do this but without adding oil, I just massage my head for 7 days each month - I do this by sitting on a chair with my head hanging down massaging for 5 min.

ositarosita
March 12th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I already do the IM, I use Indian scalp massage then deep condition with a conditioner that has peppermint EO for extra stimulation .. I also do it about an 1-2 hrs after taking my vitamins because I feel like that way some of my "hair food" is in my blood and thereby actually gets to my roots ... this is would be my 3rd month .. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947

FallingDarkness
March 12th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Well I am definitely interested! Do you think it'd still work if I applied the oil every other day instead? :/ But do the whole scalp massage/bending forward thing every day regardless?

Shibe
March 12th, 2014, 08:35 PM
I already do the IM, I use Indian scalp massage then deep condition with a conditioner that has peppermint EO for extra stimulation .. I also do it about an 1-2 hrs after taking my vitamins because I feel like that way some of my "hair food" is in my blood and thereby actually gets to my roots ... this is would be my 3rd month .. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947

I already do this but without adding oil, I just massage my head for 7 days each month - I do this by sitting on a chair with my head hanging down massaging for 5 min.

Have you guys had any results that are noticeable, yet?

Rushli
March 13th, 2014, 12:34 AM
tomorrow is measuring day so I will give this a go. Poo Bars have been making my scalp ichy recently so maybe a week of heavy scalp oiling and CO washing will work for me.

Snorman
March 13th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Super interested, but I'm not sure I want to use the oil every day..
Maybe every other or every third! :)

But I will at least do the whole massage upside down thing :D

GoddesJourney
March 13th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I'll hang my head off the bed and massage my scalp a little with no oil and see how it goes.

bunzfan
March 13th, 2014, 03:52 AM
I tried it last month did Indian Head massage and gained 1\2 inch.

duchess67
March 13th, 2014, 05:39 AM
I've been doing inversion method every other day when I oil my hair. Haven't noticed any extraordinary growth.

Rio040113
March 13th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I'll give it a go :) I've been getting more growth than normal lately anyway though, so I'm not sure if I'll get any results but I figure it can't hurt much to try!

XcaliburGirl
March 13th, 2014, 06:28 AM
I'm skeptical, but 4 minutes a day won't take much out of my usual routine. So why not? :)

Today is Day 1. Standard length measure is 28". Shortest layer on the top of my head is 14" (root to tip).

I am not going to use oil, since my scalp is sensitive. I will skip inversion tomorrow since I am donating platelets this evening. That usually makes me a little light-headed the day after.

Day 2 will be Saturday.

Reyn
March 13th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Hm... I invert all the time in my Aerial dancing -- I wonder if it's affecting my hair growth at all =P

dulce
March 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Most people on here are younger but if you have high blood pressure or retinal problems especially history of detachment or if you have glaucoma it can be dangerous but if you are young and healthy it should be no problem.Since I have the retinal problems listed, I only do a manual scalp massage with those funny looking spider shaped massagers from Bed and bath.And at 61 my hair grows about an inch a month,good nutrition,and daily cardio also help the circulation so add that too ,while also doing your inversion .Good luck!

Rushli
March 14th, 2014, 12:19 AM
I measured 3x times and kept getting 26 7/8. I did my first inverted massage with argan oil. My mom got some and she have me a bit today. It smells sooooo good. I need to get some of my own now! Oh, and the first time in a week my scalp has not itched! Lets hope all this oiling resets my scalp... and that my hair really does grow! If anything I would love to just get to the 27" mark sooner rather than later!

LightSabr
March 14th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I did it last month for only three days (I skipped a day and lost motivation) and ended the month with an extra quarter inch! That's a lot for a slow grower like me. I'm doing it again this week for the full seven days to see if there was anything to it or if it was just a random growth spurt. I don't use any oil, I just massage for three to five minutes and hang my head off the edge of my bed for four. Playing a song about that length makes it seem to go faster.

Rushli
March 14th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I learned my lesson the hard way... my mom did not have pure argan oil, it was a 'hair treatment' with argan oil 4th on the list. I have been suffering from a migraine ever since. I liked the smell in the beginning, but now even after a wash, the smell is still there and I can seem to completely kick it. Normally I dont think it would be this bad, but I forgot to take my migraine prevention meds 2 nights ago, so that might have played into it. If the migraine is still here tonight, I will skip the inversion, but still do a oil massage.

Oh, the good thing though is that I have been wanting to make a magnesium oil body butter, (http://naturalnewagemum.com/diy-magnesium-body-butter/) as topical application is suppose to help absorb magnesium better than pills, which is what part of my migraine prevention meds. I have not had one in a month so I thought I might have finally gotten over them (we thought pregnancy/hormone related and I gave birth 3 months ago) so it was not high priority. But now I think it is, so that means I get to buy shea butter and play with making hair butters too!

Kayto
March 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I started the inversion method today :) I used moraccon argon oil for my scalp then right after applied a thick coat of coconut oil then put my hair in braids. :)

Toffeemonster
March 15th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I think I won't bother doing this actually, I just can't remember to do it!! And I'm fairly certain with my new routine I'll have good hair growth anyway, so it'd be hard to tell if the inversion had any effect.

XcaliburGirl
March 15th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Day 2 done.

I have a question. Assuming not everyone is doing an actual handstand, do you invert face up or face down?

The first day I lay on my belly with my head hanging off the bed. Today I had my back on the seat of the couch with my legs up over the back of the couch. I held on to the back of my legs for support. I don't think I have a favorite, but I think the face up position today was more work for my neck muscles.

bunzfan
March 15th, 2014, 05:57 AM
My time for doing this again is on Monday i could almost feel it working my scalp was tingling in a pleasant way , i didn't even do the full 7 more like 4 and got 1/2 so i'm doing the full 7 to see what happens.

LightSabr
March 15th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Day 2 done.

I have a question. Assuming not everyone is doing an actual handstand, do you invert face up or face down?

The first day I lay on my belly with my head hanging off the bed. Today I had my back on the seat of the couch with my legs up over the back of the couch. I held on to the back of my legs for support. I don't think I have a favorite, but I think the face up position today was more work for my neck muscles.

I've been doing it face up. I feel like the blood gets to the back and top of my head better this way. I did get neck cramps initially.

swearnsue
March 15th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I've been doing a modified version of this for years. I follow Madora's brushing method, bending forward and gently brushing my hair forward, then I sit up and brush back again. Even if I don't brush, I will bend forward from a seated position and massage my scalp for a few minutes.

I can't say if it has increased growth rate, but it feels really good and that's why I do it.

BrendaLoan
March 15th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Just a thought. I have been trying this (http://m1.paperblog.com/i/100/1004662/tip-adios-hinchazon-cansancio-pies-piernas-L-cgSCA0.jpeg) position lately for my legs circulation, lying in bed. Do you think this could work too for those who can't stand the inversion positions? I think this may increase the blood flow to the head :) Plus, works great for my legs

MissBubble
March 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I did today the first day. I used my regular oils that I use the night before washing and I'll leave it overnight. But I am not going to use oils for all the 7 days.
I did that last month, too, not very strictly though, I skipped a couple of days...
I dyed my hair a few days ago so I will notice any growth. I hope I will make it and do it faithfully for seven days.

makeminea99
March 15th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I've done this for the past couple of months, just for 5-7 days, then not at all for 3 or 4 weeks. I don't do extra oilings or anything, and I take it VERY VERY slowly and carefully, I don't fully invert, just sit on a chair and tip my head. I've slightly low blood pressure and there's glaucoma in my family so I do need to be a bit careful! However I've found that the first month I tried it I gained an extra inch (on top of my usual 1/2 inch) of growth on my growing-out fringe, and the second month I gained an extra 1/2 inch on my fringe. It didn't really make any difference to my back length, though - but I'd certainly recommend it to anyone trying to grow out an ill-advised fringe - health issues permitting, of course! :)

XcaliburGirl
March 16th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Day 3 done. I did face up again today. Luckily my husband didn't come out and ask was I was doing. :silly:

Just a thought. I have been trying this (http://m1.paperblog.com/i/100/1004662/tip-adios-hinchazon-cansancio-pies-piernas-L-cgSCA0.jpeg) position lately for my legs circulation, lying in bed. Do you think this could work too for those who can't stand the inversion positions? I think this may increase the blood flow to the head :) Plus, works great for my legs

At least one of the sites on which I read about this method, they suggested something like that. I think it was someone lying on the floor with their lower legs bent and resting on the seat of a chair. So your legs straight up might work as well as that, or even better.

Aingeal
March 16th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I'm in! I'll do this week. My hair grows fairly slow, so id like to see if I can pick up the pace. I'm going to use olive oil with peppermint essential oil.

Question. Do you massage while inverted or after?

Rushli
March 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I am back in and am going to count this as day 1. I skipped yesterday too because when I closed my eyes I got dizzy. It is a residual effect from the migraine the day before.

XcaliburGirl
March 20th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Today was day 6. I skipped yesterday because I wasn't feeling well.

Should I measure tomorrow after my 7th inversion, or should I wait a few days?

Rushli
March 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM
My timeline is not all that scientific, but I got 3/8" growth in 10 days with off and on inversion for 7 of those days. We will see how it turns out for my monthly measuring on April 14th.

Marika
March 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Today was day 1. I'm doing this without oil because otherwise I would have to wash my hair every morning. If I don't get any results this time, I'm going to try next month with oil and wash every day with gentle products.

Is there a certain way or order you should massage your head? I mean from front to back etc. I just massaged pretty much all over the place! :p

Phalanxx
March 24th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I did day 1 of this last night…I am not going to do the oiling every day since I had to shampoo TWICE to get it out and it's still a bit greasy today. Maybe I'll do it Wednesday and Saturday so 3 times. I did get a before pic so at the end of this week I will do a before & after. I did see some people saying on various places around the internet that they didn't actually see the growth until a few days after you stop doing this.

battles
March 29th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I'm going to try. Even if it doesn't work, scalp massages feel nice. I'm not using oil because my hair hates it and I don't want to have to wash every day, so I'll just be doing an inverted scalp massage until the 7 days is up.

Day 1 done. :)

ETA: Measuring in at 17.75" as of today.

Lucky_Lucy
March 30th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I'm also trying this. yesterday was day one. I did it without the oil, and I tried some sort of Indian head massage. I measured just before that, and my hair was at 30.3 inches(77 cm).

battles
March 30th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Day 2 done! :)

jacqueline101
March 30th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Does it count if you bend at the waist and massage your shampoo while bent over. Then I straighten up for a few minutes bend at waist to rinse.

jacqueline101
March 30th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I forgot I do this weekly,

TheHowlingWolf
March 30th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I want to do this! I think I'll start on Tuesday, because that is April 1st and it will help me keep track of what day it is (April 1st = Day 1, April 2nd = day 2, etc). Hopefully it works! I don't think I'll use oil because I already oil my scalp 2 times a week....if I get no results then maybe I'll try the oil next time.

TrapperCreekD
March 30th, 2014, 08:19 PM
On day five. Out of curiosity, does your scalp tingle when you massage or just generally feel good?

Marika
March 31st, 2014, 10:04 AM
Ok, I did this without oil for seven days. First of all, let me say I was really skeptical about this. But I'm actually quite pleased with results. I definitely did not get an inch but I see some noticeable growth. But then again, I can't be 100 % sure whether my head is in exactly the same position etc. :shrug: I think I'm going to add occational scalp massages to my routine but I don't think I'm going to try this method again. It's just four minutes a day but it was still too much hassle for my liking. I'm all about benign neglect! :p

Lucky_Lucy
March 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM
Yesterday was day 2. For some reason I felt exhausted after I was done, but that might have something to do with the fact that it was almost 1 AM. Today is day 3. I'm really looking forward to seeing if there will be any change at all!

Lucky_Lucy
March 31st, 2014, 11:47 AM
On day five. Out of curiosity, does your scalp tingle when you massage or just generally feel good?

It does seem to tingle a bit while I'm massaging; after that it can be a bit itchy, but it's not so bad :S

battles
March 31st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Day 3 done.

My scalp gets tingly afterwards, but not so much during.

FallingDarkness
March 31st, 2014, 04:53 PM
Okay, I'm going for this, just with the scalp massages though.
Day one done. :)

TrapperCreekD
March 31st, 2014, 08:39 PM
It does seem to tingle a bit while I'm massaging; after that it can be a bit itchy, but it's not so bad :S

I didn't get any tingling at all - maybe because I'm doing it without the oil? It's weird, if someone else does my hair or gives me a massage, my scalp will tingle and it'll feel really good but it doesn't do that when I do it. http://i.imgur.com/NOA2223.gif

Lucky_Lucy
March 31st, 2014, 09:06 PM
I didn't get any tingling at all - maybe because I'm doing it without the oil? It's weird, if someone else does my hair or gives me a massage, my scalp will tingle and it'll feel really good but it doesn't do that when I do it. http://i.imgur.com/NOA2223.gif

I'm also doing it without the oil.. I can't even remember how pronounced the tingling is though lol. I think I'm pretty bad at this massage stuff :)) Though I've been told I can massage hands pretty well, but maybe it's just hard to massage your own scalp :S

bunnylake
March 31st, 2014, 09:26 PM
Day one!
I'm using an oil mixture that I made of castor oil, coconut oil, rosemary, lavender, and peppermint. The massage/inversion really feels great.

battles
April 1st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Day 4 is done!

I'm eager to measure again..

Crumpet
April 1st, 2014, 06:19 PM
I usually don't do extra growth challenges since I'm in the good diet/exercise/treat my hair right is the best I can do camp. BUT, I love massages so I thought I'd give this one a try. If nothing else, its relaxing! I finished day 2 today. I'm not really going to get any good stats for this FYI since I don't measure...but I'll let you all know my impressions.

TheHowlingWolf
April 1st, 2014, 08:35 PM
(TMI Warning)
WOW. So I was going to start today....But I guess my body thought it would be a funny april fool's joke to start my "time of the month" a whole week early!!! WHY!!!!???? & I heard it wasn't good to do the inversion method at the same time. So now I have to wait. :mad:

Toomuchhair
April 2nd, 2014, 02:08 AM
Does the inversion method really work? What r some of ur increased growth rates? I'm interested! :D

battles
April 3rd, 2014, 08:07 AM
Today is my day 6, so I'm almost done. :) My hair seems to be laying a little nicer, but I'm not sure if it grew or if it's just behaving for once..

FallingDarkness
April 5th, 2014, 11:28 AM
AAHHH I FORGOT TO INVERT YESTERDAY!!!! :( That would have been my 5th day. What do I do now???

proo
April 5th, 2014, 11:42 AM
No worries -
Invert today, and 2 more days,
should do it.

FallingDarkness
April 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Oh okay. :) Thanks so much. I was worried that I had ruined EVERYTHING... :/

Crumpet
April 5th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Almost done with this challenge and looking forward to my three weeks off. I'm not sure if I can stick with this one. I enjoy the massage actually...I'm just really lazy!

ravenheather
April 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I started yesterday. Hair has been stalled for a few months. I will invert/massage with cocnut and essential oils every night. Wash hair with clay either a couple hours later or the next morning. I am starting at 27 1/4". Hope this works.

Azura
April 5th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, this sounds interesting. I might give it a whirl. Even if we don't end up with massive increases in growth I would imagine extra blood to the scalp would be good for the quality of the hair? At least it can't hurt anything!

TheHowlingWolf
April 6th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Day 1 is done! I'm hoping this works for me because I'm about 1/2" short of confidently being at TBL!

Crumpet
April 7th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I did 6 out of the 7 days...I may do it again tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll do it again...but if I grow 3 inches this month I may reassess.

FallingDarkness
April 8th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Just measured, and I got 1/4 inch of growth in a week! My hair on average grows 1/2 an inch per month, so getting half my monthly growth in a week is pretty good in my opinion.

bunnylake
April 8th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I totally forgot about this! Woops! Ok, Day 1 (again)! I'm juuuust at collar bone length and I'm only growing to APL, but I can't wait to get there. Or at least past this semi-awkward stage!

ravenheather
April 9th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I am on day 6. I sure hope I get some measurable growth.

TheHowlingWolf
April 9th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Day 4 done! More than half way done!

ErinLeigh
April 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I keep forgetting to do this too. I am between chin and SL depending in the layers. My goal is APL.
With my length and the fact I color it should be really easy to track so I am going to commit to doing this and remembering.

How many days a week are you supposed to do? Forgive me if it is mentioned. I can't see the posts for some reason on my phone today. Wifi cutting out

bunnylake
April 9th, 2014, 07:15 PM
7 days! I'm going to try this without oil because oiling my scalp every night is going to be kind of a pain.

TheHowlingWolf
April 10th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Do you measure on the 7th day or do you wait a couple of days? I just did day 5 & can't wait to see if it worked!

FallingDarkness
April 10th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I measured the day after my final day, so I guess technically "day 8". :P

ravenheather
April 11th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I measured on day 7. It worked for me. I got between 1/2 and 3/4 of an inch. I typically get 1/2 a month and I hadn't grown at all in a couple of months. Maybe waist this year is still in reach. It was a pain but worth it. I will definitely try again next month.

Leeloo
April 11th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I've tried the inversion method last year and got 1/4 inch or so extra, but then I tried it last week and didn't get any extra growth. So I guess it doesn't work every time.

alishaxmarie
April 11th, 2014, 02:11 PM
This is day two for me. I AM using oil because I want to experiment with the shampoo bar I just got and don't mind washing daily so long as there is some oil to remove from my hurr and scalp lol. I got a free sample of basil mint and really hope the mintiness makes my scalp tingle as that would mean the blood flow to my hair follicles is once again being increased :) I'm massaging while upside-down with coconut or olive oil for 4 minutes then waiting two hours to wash it out as I believe I've read you're not supposed to wash the oil out right away although I have no idea why the timing would matter...

longhairdreamin
April 11th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I just finished up my first inversion method (no oil)... I had to do my own measuring but I think I got about 1/2" of growth which is normally what I get a month so I will call it a success! :) I am planning to do it every month right after the new moon.... See if I can get some moon voodoo on my side. ;)

TheHowlingWolf
April 11th, 2014, 08:40 PM
So today is day 6 for me & I couldn't wait anymore! I measured and my hair is now 40.25"! Before it was 39.5"! So I guess it worked! I'll remeasure tomorrow or the next day, though I don't think 1 day will make a difference. But cool!

alishaxmarie
April 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I didn't use oil yesterday or today (days 3 & 4) but I'm excited that inverting hasn't slipped my mind once since I started the challenge this time! :) I dusted my hair tonight because it was looking surprisingly damaged and I'm much too lazy to S&D (exams are coming up, I have a right to be lazy! lol). But hopefully I still seem some growth when I take my monthly length shot!

Budgie
April 13th, 2014, 09:51 PM

alishaxmarie
April 14th, 2014, 02:24 PM
No idea but I highly doubt they could cancel each other out lol no question is a dumb question in regards to hair care but I imagine this would be so cold it burns because it will tingle like crazy (just a guess though!). If you do try them both out then let us know what you discover on the growth rate challenges thread! :)

Rushli
April 15th, 2014, 08:38 AM
My hair did not seem to grow amazingly during my inversion week, but thought maybe it might still affect it by the end of the month (worth a shot anyway). It was measuring day yesterday and my hair seems pretty par for the course and I am at 27.5" That is just over .5" growth.

I forgot to start up again yesterday, so I will start today!

Nanna
April 15th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I did this at the end of last month, and really hoped for even some results, but I got no growth at all in the whole month! It can't be caused by the inversion, because it should have grown some in the first three weeks - but I have no idea what caused it. So that was a discouraging experience, but I'm going to try again this month, and if I remember, the next few months too. I've recently added both MSM and extra protein into my diet, so this stall was doubly disheartening, but I'll persist and hope for great results in the future. :)

alishaxmarie
April 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I did this at the end of last month, and really hoped for even some results, but I got no growth at all in the whole month! It can't be caused by the inversion, because it should have grown some in the first three weeks - but I have no idea what caused it. So that was a discouraging experience, but I'm going to try again this month, and if I remember, the next few months too. I've recently added both MSM and extra protein into my diet, so this stall was doubly disheartening, but I'll persist and hope for great results in the future. :)

How much MSM are you taking? I read something on the forum about taking 3 a day (and my bottle said to take 2 or 3 a day anyway) and I'm pretty sure my hair has grown significantly from taking 3,000 mg a day instead of just 1,000 mg but that may be because my diet is in no way balanced (I am a college student after all lol). I can't be entirely positive my hair has grown solely due to the MSM but I did trim about an inch between the Fall Equinox and the full moon and I'm already back at waist! And that's without brushing out bun waves! Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with the results :) I started the inversion method after I noticed growth from the MSM so the only other things that could affect my growth rate are the warmer weather and an increase in my water intake (I've been under-hydrated most of this semester but I'm back on track now).

Nanna
April 15th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I have the powdered MSM, and take 2-3 tsp a day. I measured it, and it's about 6 grams, but I have no idea if it's the same as 3 grams in pills. I find myself constantly under-hydrated too, so that would affect growth as well. We'll see what happens with time, I guess.

Nanna
April 15th, 2014, 12:18 PM
And wow, that's great growth! :)

Of the Fae
April 15th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I'm in guys :) Without oils though, because my scalp is easily irritated by them I've noticed.
I'll give some results in two weeks, I hope for some growth :D

Eichan
April 15th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Is it okay to do this with conditioner? Because I usually will be unfrazzled enough to do this in the shower :)

BonnieU
April 15th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Interesting theory! Love to see results :-)

alishaxmarie
April 15th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I only did the first three days with oil unless you count my sebum ;) haha. Today was day 6 so I'm pretty proud of myself for not giving up out of laziness or forgetting to massage and invert (I do these simultaneously).

Youngjae
April 16th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I would really like to try this method but it kinda seems too good to be true but hey, what have I got to lose, I might try it with no oil though since my scalp is already oily but I'll see how it works!?! The crazy things I will do for longer hair..... XD

alishaxmarie
April 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Coincidentally, I started my period on Day 7 (it's a little early too). I used my BBB as part of the scalp massage last night and today which felt nice :) I'll be taking a length shot in a few days, on my birthday!

missquinzel
April 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I've been doing this for 3 days now. Tonight Will be day 4, but I have not been using oils. I have just been massaging the scalp.

Budgie
April 18th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Are any of you guys cowashing? Does cowash get the oil off your scalp?

snuflan
April 18th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I think I'm gonna try this, but without the oil! :)

alishaxmarie
April 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Are any of you guys cowashing? Does cowash get the oil off your scalp?

Yes and sort of lol. Everyone else throws their CO-washing conditioner in their oiled hair while it's dry then let it sit before hopping in the shower and wetting it and adding more conditioner and eventually rinsing. That doesn't work that well for me though :shrug: I must be doing something wrong because even when I do multiple coatings and rinsings I still have excess coconut oil in my hair. This has been addressed in the CO-washing thread as well as a few other threads.

Budgie
April 18th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Maybe there's something besides oil you can use for massaging. Maybe aloe?

alishaxmarie
April 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Maybe there's something besides oil you can use for massaging. Maybe aloe?

Yes but it's a humectant and idk what kind of climate you live in or if your hair even likes humectants. Plus, you wouldn't get the benefits of oiling your hair with a penetrating oil like coconut or olive.

Budgie
April 18th, 2014, 05:30 PM
My climate is super humid so humectants are fine. I'll try coconut or castor oil first though. If that's too oily I might use aloe + essential oil.

Eichan
April 18th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Um, I don't know if this matters, but I use(d) grapeseed oil in my hair and got it out by rinsing with water, putting in my conditioner, and sitting for like ten minutes massaging my head. Works very well for me!

obsessed_samaa
April 19th, 2014, 02:39 AM
I know the head inversions work, no need for excess oiling though, I've heard too much oil that clogs pores can retard hair growth! The idea is to get blood circulation to the scalp. There are also a couple of yoga aasanas which are good for hair growth.. Type "yoga for hair growth" on google. They work for me, i know this because my hairdresser tells me my hair grows pretty quick :)

battles
April 26th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I did the challenge last month, I managed 7 days straight with no oil and 4 minutes each day.

My hair generally grows steadily at .5" a month. I measured in at 17.75" - 18" when I first started, and I measured in today and was at 18.75". I'll be starting again in a few days, I think, if it helps this much. I can definitely tell my hair has grown by how it feels on my back and how it looks in photos too. :)

battles
April 26th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I just started again for this month, so day 1. :)

battles
May 1st, 2014, 04:05 PM
I'm considering this day 5 cuz I missed one.. Just posting to keep track.

battles
May 2nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Day 6 done, one more day left on this month. :)

ExpectoPatronum
May 2nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Well I did it...Only for five days because I got lazy haha. But in those five days I saw a quarter inch of growth. I'm very pleased!

Yes, I oiled my scalp every day. Yes, I washed my scalp every day. I think my scalp needed it, to be honest.

battles
May 3rd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Day 7 is done! I don't measure in as soon as I finish, I'll be back. :o

Shufro
May 4th, 2014, 02:20 PM
So, I did the inversion method every night before I went to sleep without any scalp massage or oil. I did it for four minutes 6 days in a row.
I measured before i started my hair was at 26 inches and now my hair is 26.8 so it grew 2 centimeters (0.8 inches) in 6 days! WOOW its amazing im gonna keep doing this!!!

FallingDarkness
May 4th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm back in this. Day 1. I'm not going to measure my hair because I'm not allowed to until I complete my 150 days of wearing my hair up. Hopefully I'll feel like my hair has gotten longer, and if not, oh well. Scalp massages are fun.

battles
May 29th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I measured in at 18.75" a month ago before I started, I'm at 19.75" now.

Today is another day 1. :)

JadedByEntropy
May 29th, 2014, 10:53 PM
I wash upsidedown and usually braid/dry upsidedown too...haven't seen that much difference. I think it has more to do with which hair you measure. mine grows fast, but it changes every 5 minutes of staring at the measuring tape. idk.

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 08:28 AM
If you are always upside down that isn't going to work. Your head is used to being that way so there will be no extra effect. The trick is to NOT be upside down regularly and just do it that one week of the month for a few minutes.

I just henna'ed AND did the first IM of the week. Curious to see how much you will see has grown out at the part of my hair come next month :)

cat11
May 31st, 2014, 08:45 AM
I'm joining with my first inversion today! I won't be doing oil as this wont help me stretch washed any but I will do massage and stay upside down for five minutes, once a week.

eadwine
May 31st, 2014, 09:13 AM
Once a week is not going to work either *giggle*

You have to do it 7 days straight, 4 minutes (or 5, not too picky) per day :) After that, nothing until the next month :)

kitcatsmeow
June 14th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I started this tonight. Will probably only use the oils every other day and I'll try and measure tomorrow!

PiXiEmandy
June 14th, 2014, 08:36 PM
I will give it a try

kitcatsmeow
June 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I will give it a try

Awesome we can be inversion challenge buddies

(;

PiXiEmandy
June 14th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Awesome we can be inversion challenge buddies

(;
Very cool!!!!!! what oil will you use? I am using macadamia !

kitcatsmeow
June 14th, 2014, 08:54 PM
I am going use cayenne serum that contains several different oils (I'll have to look) and a castor oil/almond combo infused with peppermint and rosemary

Scorpion
June 14th, 2014, 10:33 PM
I started it yesterday! It does work though. My mom used to do it when she was young but she didn't call it the Inversion method.

kitcatsmeow
June 15th, 2014, 05:51 AM
I started it yesterday! It does work though. My mom used to do it when she was young but she didn't call it the Inversion method.

I'm so happy to hear all the positive results! I already do yoga and was doing scalp massages but don't spend nearly 4 minutes upside down so hopefully I'll still get the effect. I was gonna try the monistat treatments. I actually had it on my head yesterday for oh, all of about....5 minutes before I freaked out and washed my hair. I have been 100% natural with hair care for almost 3 years and the thought that I was putting a chemical on my scalp for a little growth shot had me freaked. I feel much more comfortable with natural methods!!

jacqueline101
June 15th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I'm still doing my own inversion hair plus conditioner water diluted misted on my scalp. I know my hair is growing and I do this every other day.

kitcatsmeow
June 16th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Today will be day 3 for me. I massaged with my cayenne oil serum last night (just a small amount) I'm not washing my hair everyday like some do or using hot oil. I am using oil.

I'm a little concerned this may not work as well for me since I do a lot of yoga and already spend a fair amount of time upside down although I don't massage my scalp or spend more than a minute in that position.

ETA: I am not measuring because I find it too hard to do myself and keep getting different measurements so I'm just going to use body markers and eyeball the growth.

Bitstuff
June 16th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Cool :) I'll try it. No oil because lazy and don't want to wash hair every day.

Decemberrose
June 17th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Started out yesterday, I'm so exited... will not be using oil all days. I have roots so it will be easy to measure.

kitcatsmeow
June 17th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Day four was yesterday for me. Seeing maybe a tiny bit of change in my roots but nothing..."OH WOW!"

battles
June 23rd, 2014, 01:25 PM
Has anyone noticed any change in eyebrows doing inversion method? Just curious.. and desperate at this point. :p

Sparklylady82
June 24th, 2014, 11:53 PM
I just started this today and I am 24" long right now...I'll check back in a week!

eadwine
June 25th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I started the second IM almost a month ago, so it's been two weeks without it now (if my calc is correct, I suck at that), and that first day I also henna'd. Hopefully (as my hair color is so similar it is hard to see) I can show you what the new growth has done.

I am going by: if it doesn't work, it can't hurt for this one, so I will continue on doing it :)

Decemberrose
June 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Well, my hair grew 5 mm last week during the IM :) I'm so happy!! Actually I was a little skeptical, but it seems to be working for me, at least a few mm. I think I normally get about 2-3 mm a week, so it's not much, but it's something :)
I will be trimming 5 mm on monday though... Trimming off all my growth at the moment.

Yay! ;) Think I will try it again next month! Success...

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I think I will try this and report later. I'm starting with 28 inches. Won't be using any oil since I don't really want to wash it every day.

PamelaViktoria
June 25th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I know that the more I do gymnastics (upside down moves) plus combing, my hair grows even faster. How many minutes is your goal per day?

coconutinsight
June 25th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I know that the more I do gymnastics (upside down moves) plus combing, my hair grows even faster. How many minutes is your goal per day?

I'm thinking of doing 4 minutes per day, did get a bit dizzy though :hmm: so I think I'll reduce to 3 minutes tomorrow

PamelaViktoria
June 25th, 2014, 12:16 PM
http://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/the-inversion-method-for-hair-grow-an-inch-of-hair-in-7-days/

Is a great page for a very thorough instruction and some information. I need to measure my hair tonight after I finish making dinner, then I can see if there is any result to this.

I do take a pre natal vitamin every day, but I dont think that will mess up the results too much.

Thanks so much for sharing the link! I read the whole article! It's great! The only part I disagree with is stopping the method so your scalp doesn't get used to more blood flow. When I do cartwheels, backbends, kickovers, handstands ect, I can feel blood rush to my head over and over. What your body gets used to is equalizing the blood pressure quicker when you're back to normal positions. I think that you become more efficient at moving lymph (garbage) away and bring new nutrients to the scalp. Just my experience:)

kitcatsmeow
June 25th, 2014, 05:33 PM
So I think this actually did help but I quit after 5 days. I'm going to continue though daily and see what happens especially since I just trimmed a little over an inch off and want to get it back!

PiXiEmandy
June 25th, 2014, 05:41 PM
So I think this actually did help but I quit after 5 days. I'm going to continue though daily and see what happens especially since I just trimmed a little over an inch off and want to get it back!

Very cool i am about to let it go for three weeks and start again i agree i am seeing some fullness but not as much as i hoped and some how the humidity is still annoying me

hairhair
June 25th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I used to brush my hair with my head upside down, with no oil. It felt nice (no idea if it impacted growth) but it also seemed to make my scalp release TONS of oil instantaneously, LOL! But I've been inspired to try this method now, without oil.

jacqueline101
June 25th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I measured Monday I have 4.5 inches until waist. I'm happy I've never been this long before. It was 2 month is ago I had 6 inches to go. I'm going to keep up my challenge.

kitcatsmeow
June 26th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I measured Monday I have 4.5 inches until waist. I'm happy I've never been this long before. It was 2 month is ago I had 6 inches to go. I'm going to keep up my challenge.

That's fantastic good for you!! :)

jacqueline101
June 26th, 2014, 07:02 PM
That's fantastic good for you!! :)

Thank you.

peachyleshy
June 28th, 2014, 07:24 PM
I think I will try this! But I will have to wait until August because first I need to measure what an average month will be for me, starting July 1st.

peachyleshy
June 28th, 2014, 09:09 PM
And my mom even has an inversion table so when I visit her I can use that! 8)

Heavy Raindrops
July 2nd, 2014, 06:48 AM
I have to start doing this again but properly this time! :)

Jennwith4
July 2nd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Never heard of this before but sounds promising. I'll give it a try this week. :)

Jennwith4
July 2nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
Should have put the dog outside before trying this! lol I spent the 4 minutes pushing him back from trying to sniff and lick me. I don't think it helped that I had put my yogurt mask on my hair before inverting. Oops!

Day 1 measurement: 36.25"

Hopeful65
July 2nd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Should have put the dog outside before trying this! lol I spent the 4 minutes pushing him back from trying to sniff and lick me. I don't think it helped that I had put my yogurt mask on my hair before inverting. Oops!

Oh that made me laugh!

Vea
July 2nd, 2014, 10:22 AM
I tried the inversion method last month but I wasn't committed enough and I didn't get more growth than usual. I'm starting again tomorrow, 4 minutes every day, without oil except on wash days (that's two days with olive oil, 5 days without oil).

Johannah
July 2nd, 2014, 10:33 AM

I know what you mean, but with our cat. And not just sniffing, but playing with my hair. Auwtch.

Scelesta
July 2nd, 2014, 01:22 PM
I did it last month, dunno if i saw any change at the end of the week, but I DID have a larger overall growth when i measured at the end of the month(then again it could be a summer growth spurt i dunno)

I plan to do it again this month starting today, even if it ends up not working it doesnt exactly hurt, plus I find it deeply relaxing. Thuogh I wish my cat would leave me alone while I do it, she never likes to play EXCEPT when i'm hanging upside down, so I have to pet her the entire time or she gets antsy

eadwine
July 4th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I completely forgot to do it this time lol I think I got about a cm growth over the month.. I guess that is normal.

lunalocks
July 4th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Today is day 5 of inversion method. I will let you know if it results in speedy growth.

longhairvixen
August 2nd, 2014, 05:18 AM
I will do it! lets see how this works

Wosie
August 2nd, 2014, 07:18 AM
I started doing this today as well, but I won't use any oil. I will follow all the other 'rules'. :p I will tell you if I noticed a discernible difference by the end of this month!

How I did it: Standing up with my head tilted down (as if I were washing my hair) and massaged my scalp in circular motions for four minutes.

A question: Should I massage rather briskly or more calmly? :hmm: I'm assuming briskly, but not too briskly?

EarthArtist
August 2nd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Count me in.

lunalocks
August 2nd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Ok. Did the inversion method last month. I am measuring on the the first of the month. I gained my usual 1/2 inch that I get during the Summer. I will do inversion again, and report back in a month.

I HAVE noticed less shedding, particularly during the 4 days of inversion/massage.

eadwine
August 2nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
I am doing the inversion again.. I don't mind if it helps or not, it does feel good to the scalp :)

Akville
August 25th, 2014, 10:39 AM
I started doing this today as well, but I won't use any oil. I will follow all the other 'rules'. :p I will tell you if I noticed a discernible difference by the end of this month!

How I did it: Standing up with my head tilted down (as if I were washing my hair) and massaged my scalp in circular motions for four minutes.

A question: Should I massage rather briskly or more calmly? :hmm: I'm assuming briskly, but not too briskly?

did it worked without any oil?

Akville
August 25th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I have been doing this for a week now tomorrow is the last day. did inversion twice a day 5 min and massaged my scalp with plenty of olive oil four about 10 to 20 min every day..
so if I will not get any results I will be SOOOOO disappointed..
My usual hair grow rate is 1.3 cm a month so its pretty slow... I do expect a least 1.5 cm after this week of oiliness!!!!

will update on my results later :)

Akville
August 25th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Ok. Did the inversion method last month. I am measuring on the the first of the month. I gained my usual 1/2 inch that I get during the Summer. I will do inversion again, and report back in a month.

I HAVE noticed less shedding, particularly during the 4 days of inversion/massage.

hi! how did it went?? I've read about a girl that did inversion every month and got 4 inches in 4 months :)

bna_rapunzel
August 25th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Bumping this... im on day 2!

Juliet15
August 25th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Did my first inversion today. Laid on my tummy with by head off the bed. My dogs thought I was playing with them, I had to shut them out of the bedroom!!;)

SeaAngel
August 31st, 2014, 02:02 PM
I did this two weeks ago. I timed it for 5 minutes, hung my head over and massaged really good for the entire time. I didn't use oils because I dint want to wash my hair every day. I did this for 6 days (6 is my lucky number :) ) . a week later I measured. I grew an inch in the back , about half on the sides and maybe 1/4 in front. I actually just went for a trim because it enabled me to even out my hair somewhat. the idea is to shock the system and it worked for me, I was VERY surprised. yay!

sarahchant
September 1st, 2014, 10:25 PM
How is this going for y'all so far? I am on day 3 and hoping to see results as I'm at a terrible short length and am struggling with patience.

Akville
September 4th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Hi here I'm again. I've promised to update on my results.. so here it comes.. I've been inverting for a week, like real inversion standing on the head near the wall,for 5min. and massaging scalp with a lots of oil and using my heat-cap before massages. And I got 1 cm of growth no more no less.. so I guess its totally ok... I got my monthly length +2.5cm so I'm very happy. I use to be something between 1 and 1,5 cm... So it did helped but not 1 inch as everybody is talking about. 1 cm...

gustavonut
October 12th, 2014, 07:14 PM
* magically revives thread *

ON WE GO!
Tomorrow is day 1 of my inversion. I will tell my experience next week c:

Here's what I'm going to do:

-Use one teaspoon coconut oil and one teaspoon jamaican black castor oil. I may add two or three drops of rosemary oil.

-Warm up the jbco and coconut oil, but not the essential oils.

-Massage my scalp with the oil for about 5 minutes.

-Hang my head upside down for 4 minutes, no more, no less.

-Cowash every other day

-Oil every day.

moontree
October 13th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Forgive me if this has already been asked but - is oiling a necessary part of the inversion challenge? whole scalp oiling tends to make my hair fairly unhappy.

alishaxmarie
October 13th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Forgive me if this has already been asked but - is oiling a necessary part of the inversion challenge? whole scalp oiling tends to make my hair fairly unhappy.

Not at all, plenty of users see results without the oil but plenty of other users do decide that they want to test out the oil-inclusive method as well :) I plan to try out the inversion method again soon but I'm not sure if I'll try it with or without the oil, hmm...

gustavonut
October 13th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Wasn't able to oil today, but I massaged my scalp really good and hung upside down for 3 minutes. Tomorrow will be an oil day. ;)

Enrapture
October 13th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I'm in! I did the inversion method previously and didn't see any difference. But now I want to to it again, because I don't massage my scalp enough. Day 1 for me today :)

Puffer Fish
October 14th, 2014, 07:30 AM
I think I'll give this a shot, sans oil.
One thing the instructions don't make clear to me though is whether you massage while inverted or before/after inverting.

Vulpes
October 14th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I will try this! I will invert for 5 minutes while massaging coconut oil (mixed with a drop or two of tea tree oil) into my scalp. Hopefully my hair likes it!

Puffer fish, I think it is your personal preference about massaging before/during/after. I will be massaging during.

moontree
October 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Alright well I'm on day two now :) I should probably take a picture of my roots for before/after though...

Dickiebow
October 14th, 2014, 12:17 PM
I'm going to start this tonight. I measure 26 inches now and will report back in a week.

gustavonut
October 14th, 2014, 09:41 PM
You invert after you massage your scalp, but lower your head slowly.

Vulpes
October 15th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Day One Complete! I think my scalp freaked out with the coconut oil deep scalp massage. After doing some LHC research about my seborrheic dermatitis condition, I've discovered that coconut oil on my scalp is not great for me... why couldn't I have read that thread yesterday? :rolleyes: At least the tea tree oil I was using was good for my scalp.

Anyway, I can actually see my hair growing already! (Or maybe it is hopeful dreaming?) My roots are finally showing! I will measure and see if its actually true.

Day two here I come!

Puffer Fish
October 15th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Day 2 complete: No noticeable difference so far.

fairy_hair
October 15th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I did this two weeks ago. I timed it for 5 minutes, hung my head over and massaged really good for the entire time. I didn't use oils because I dint want to wash my hair every day. I did this for 6 days (6 is my lucky number :) ) . a week later I measured. I grew an inch in the back , about half on the sides and maybe 1/4 in front. I actually just went for a trim because it enabled me to even out my hair somewhat. the idea is to shock the system and it worked for me, I was VERY surprised. yay!
Wow! That's great to hear! I'm skeptical about the inversion method, but I'm going to do this now I've read your comment! :D An inch is a lottt in 6 days... I just hope it works for me (i need tailbone!) :D

Vulpes
October 16th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Day Two Complete. I did a scalp massage sans oil and my scalp feels much better. I think I actually rather like hanging upside down like a bat...

gustavonut
October 16th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I already have a half inch of growth. :) I am a happy camper.

Estrid
October 16th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Hmm... I think I will give this a shot, sounds interesting :)

curlyhair
October 16th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I started inversion method today for 10 minutes but no oiling no massage :D

Vulpes
October 17th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Day Three Complete. After the inversion challenge is over, I am definitely going to continue doing a nightly scalp massage. It feels so good and relaxing.

lady mechanic
October 17th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I'm going to start tonight and go for a week but without the oils. My hair is to fine for any extra oil.

moontree
October 17th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Day 5! Are you supposed to see results really quickly or like a week later or at the end of the month or what? >_> Curious fluffy headed people want to know.

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 11:09 AM
It depends. I saw results on day 5 o:

Estrid
October 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I did my first just now. I am quite bad at measuring my hair at the back since it's not evenly cut, so I will measure a part of my hair that's easy to grab instead and see if anything happens.

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I did my first just now. I am quite bad at measuring my hair at the back since it's not evenly cut, so I will measure a part of my hair that's easy to grab instead and see if anything happens.

What I do is take the measuring ribbon so that it goes up and over my head and then let it fall and feel for the longest tip of hair and hold the ribbon where the tip ends. I'm not sure if that's the correct way of doing it but that's how I do it.

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Oh by the way everyone, I changed my routine quite a lot. Instead this is what I've been doing:

-Massage scalp on day 1 with no oil

-Day two use a very minimal amount of oil, just enough to stimulate my scalp. (I use castor oil and coconut.)

-Day three massage with no oil.

-Day four no oil once again

-Day five minimal amount of oil again.

-Day six(which is today), I'm going to massage oil on my scalp, and really saturate the scalp with it, then I'm going to wait like an hour or so, then cowash and use an ACV final rinse. I'm going to just lightly oil my ends. Then put in a French braid while still a tad wet.

-Tomorrow I will massage with no oil, and depending on the oiliness of my scalp, I may wash my hair the next day with shampoo and condish.

:)

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Oh my. I just measured my hair again and got another half inch....All I can say is, WOW. :agape:
I was very skeptical about this method and never thought it would actually work but jeez. I got a whole inch in a week! HALLELUJAH :happydance:

Estrid
October 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM
What I do is take the measuring ribbon so that it goes up and over my head and then let it fall and feel for the longest tip of hair and hold the ribbon where the tip ends. I'm not sure if that's the correct way of doing it but that's how I do it.

I'm not sure how I should do, my hair makes weird "waves" at the ends so it's hard to see which is the longest unless I strech them all (risk of measuring the wrong portion of hair and get the wrong picture of how well this works for me). I have a ruler that I use atm, it works for the small portion of hair that I will keep my eyes on this week, so yeaaaa I will probably stick to that :redgrin:

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure how I should do, my hair makes weird "waves" at the ends so it's hard to see which is the longest unless I strech them all (risk of measuring the wrong portion of hair and get the wrong picture of how well this works for me). I have a ruler that I use atm, it works for the small portion of hair that I will keep my eyes on this week, so yeaaaa I will probably stick to that :redgrin:

Hehe alright :) whatever works the best for you! My hair is really messed up at the ends, some pieces are longer than the others and my hair does a sort of "fish hook" wave at the ends. But I am able to do it with my measuring thing just fine. You are supposed to measure from the start of the hairline anyway.. But then again a ruler would work just fine for tracking the growth.
Alrighty, good luck!

Estrid
October 18th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I'm getting unsure if I should do this, after massaging my scalp about 80+ hair strands fell out (checked and counted now). Maybe they were about to come out anyway, but since I'm already paranoid about losing hair I don't know if I want to experience that again :/

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I'm getting unsure if I should do this, after massaging my scalp about 80+ hair strands fell out (checked and counted now). Maybe they were about to come out anyway, but since I'm already paranoid about losing hair I don't know if I want to experience that again :/

Do you use your finger nails? I never use mine and very gently massage my scalp all over with the pads of my fingers.
But then again, it could be that they were loose like you said. Um, do you comb your hair very often? I used to and that was why I lost so many hairs.

Estrid
October 18th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Do you use your finger nails? I never use mine and very gently massage my scalp all over with the pads of my fingers.
But then again, it could be that they were loose like you said. Um, do you comb your hair very often? I used to and that was why I lost so many hairs.

I did not use my nails and I comb my hair max once a day (I'm on the lazy side and my hair usually does not tangle). I not sure what to think of this, I lose about the same amount of hair when I shower, but this was just a massage... :/ These hairs came out just by running my hands through my hair after the massage, so they obviously came loose after the massage. I guess I could try to massage one more time and see if less hairs come out and if not... I will not do it again.

gustavonut
October 18th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I did not use my nails and I comb my hair max once a day (I'm on the lazy side and my hair usually does not tangle). I not sure what to think of this, I lose about the same amount of hair when I shower, but this was just a massage... :/ These hairs came out just by running my hands through my hair after the massage, so they obviously came loose after the massage. I guess I could try to massage one more time and see if less hairs come out and if not... I will not do it again.

Well sometimes when my hair has so much build up, it makes the hairs get pulled easier therefor more hairs falling out.
Also, I suggest you comb your hair at least once a day, and let me just say that finger combing does not always do the job, and it causes more build up because of the oils on your hands.
Does your hair break very easily? And if it does, then are the ends crunchy? If that is the case then you need to do either a moisture treatment or a protein treatment. Unless you did one recently.
What shampoo and conditioner do you use? And if you've been COwashing a lot then that could be the cause of the over-shedding.

EDIT: Also, if you can't comb every day then that's good. It's best not to comb your hair too much anyway. Oh and if the hairs fall out from just stroking them then there's something wrong :/ I wish I could help but I don't know what could cause it.

Estrid
October 18th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Well sometimes when my hair has so much build up, it makes the hairs get pulled easier therefor more hairs falling out.
Also, I suggest you comb your hair at least once a day, and let me just say that finger combing does not always do the job, and it causes more build up because of the oils on your hands.
Does your hair break very easily? And if it does, then are the ends crunchy? If that is the case then you need to do either a moisture treatment or a protein treatment. Unless you did one recently.
What shampoo and conditioner do you use? And if you've been COwashing a lot then that could be the cause of the over-shedding.

EDIT: Also, if you can't comb every day then that's good. It's best not to comb your hair too much anyway. Oh and if the hairs fall out from just stroking them then there's something wrong :/ I wish I could help but I don't know what could cause it.

I was running my hands through my hair to get all the loose strands out, normally only about 5 strands come out if I do that but now after the massage it was 80.

I don't know if my hair has any buildup, I just know that I have one unhappy scalp at the moment. It's been itchy the past weeks and I do have some dandruff, but it was the massage that caused the big dropout x) I use the tresemme naturals conditioner and some wella shampoo (I switched to this because I didn't know what caused the itch, I've used this shampoo before without any problems). My hair never breaks and my ends are not crunchy, everything that falls out got the little root with it :P

Maybe I shouldn't take up space in this thread with this issue, there is not much that I can do about it right now anyway. I will continue to eat well and try to be nice to my scalp.

Alien Girl
October 18th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Did the inversion method last week but only did 4 days out of 7 because I was lazy :(
My boyfriend did notice my hair grew, but I couldn't because my hair is very short and I can't measure it accurately.

fairy_hair
October 19th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Oh my. I just measured my hair again and got another half inch....All I can say is, WOW. :agape:
I was very skeptical about this method and never thought it would actually work but jeez. I got a whole inch in a week! HALLELUJAH :happydance: wow!! :D congratulations! I'm on day five toda, I haven't seen any growth yet :(( but I hope I might by tomorrow? :) I really hope this works as well for me as it did for you :') when id you notice the extra half inch?was it soon after you measured half an inch on day 5? :D

gustavonut
October 19th, 2014, 11:32 AM
wow!! :D congratulations! I'm on day five toda, I haven't seen any growth yet :(( but I hope I might by tomorrow? :) I really hope this works as well for me as it did for you :') when id you notice the extra half inch?was it soon after you measured half an inch on day 5? :D

I wish you luck with it! And yeah, I just randomly measured on day 5. Even my braid is a little longer!
I also hope it works for you and everyone who is trying!

lady mechanic
October 20th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I'm day three into the challenege! I don't know how much exactly but I defiantly am noticing quicker growth. I don't want to measure until the week is over but so far it's working for me. I'm noticing my roots growing out now. Yay for progress!

Avis
October 20th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I did my first massage today. I'm not using oil though because my scalp gets oily as the week goes on and I only wash once a week. Not really an issue since I wear my hair up everyday, but I don't want to make my hair look greasy at the roots. It felt nice! I kind of wish I could get SO to massage my scalp, but I feel like no one can properly handle my hair but me. :rolleyes:

Voqque
October 20th, 2014, 07:14 PM
I did it, I got about 3/4 of an inch. Which isn't bad at all.

Puffer Fish
October 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I fell off the inversion wagon for a couple days due to real life shenanigans. Going to make up the 3 days I missed last week during this week and then knock off until Thanksgiving.

Vea
October 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
Ok, so I'm starting again, but this time I promise to myself that I will do it everyday, no exceptions, no excuses... I will not be using any oils though.

moontree
October 21st, 2014, 08:32 PM
I think it might be longer... well. It's actually kind of hard to tell. I'll do it again next month though all the same!

Knifegill
October 21st, 2014, 11:14 PM
Been doing this almost every day for almost two months, and have no idea if it's working or not. My scalp likes it, though.

alishaxmarie
October 22nd, 2014, 06:03 AM
Been doing this almost every day for almost two months, and have no idea if it's working or not. My scalp likes it, though.

The reason that it is recommended to only do it for one week every month is to prevent your scalp from getting accustomed to the stimulation of the massages: you're shocking your scalp into growing by suddenly increasing blood flow. So after a while, your growth rate will even out again although you may still see other benefits of the massaging such as fewer shed hairs.

Avis
October 22nd, 2014, 08:06 PM
It's day 3 for me and maybe it's just psychological but it feels like it's gotten slightly longer. I'm still going to wait until I get a picture on day 7 and compare it to day 1 to come to a conclusion.

hufflepug
October 22nd, 2014, 08:26 PM
I'm starting tomorrow :) I'm not going to oil my scalp though, since it will interfere with my wash stretching.

Knifegill
October 22nd, 2014, 10:49 PM
The reason that it is recommended to only do it for one week every month is to prevent your scalp from getting accustomed to the stimulation of the massages: you're shocking your scalp into growing by suddenly increasing blood flow. So after a while, your growth rate will even out again although you may still see other benefits of the massaging such as fewer shed hairs.
Care to reference a peer-reviewed study on this? I want to know more.

alishaxmarie
October 23rd, 2014, 05:15 PM
Care to reference a peer-reviewed study on this? I want to know more.

Very few studies have been done on healthy female scalps (most research on hair is more about male pattern baldness and that sort of thing) and I highly doubt an actual scientific study has ever been done on this method at all to be honest. I mean the massaging aspect itself may have had some studies done in the past but not the inverting. I said your scalp adjusts because that is what has been found by people who religiously invert. You can find that statement on literally any page or video which is harping on this method so it's not my opinion or anything. In fact, I've only ever massaged and/or inverted for 1 week a month, never for longer so I can't even tell you this from personal experience. There are plenty of individuals on this site, Madora being the most "famous" example, who invert and brush with a BBB daily (Madora has done it since the '80s I believe) and one of the newer converts to the daily inverted BBB brushing can possibly give a personal anecdote that his/her growth rate returned to normal (or not) after x amount of time but who knows unless they ask? :shrug:

Why don't we do our own study though? :D

PS I feel like that sounds extremely offensive, I would LOVE to point you in the direction of a study but the only one I found was about rats and has nothing to do with inverting (it's about massaging hibiscus extract onto their fur if you're curious lol).

gustavonut
October 23rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
If anyone noticed, I got two inches of growth. :D

Knifegill
October 23rd, 2014, 07:55 PM
It clearly works anecdotally, hordes of people report success.

I just wonder if it's a case of semantics, where "increases" are not seen if massages are done non-stop because growth doesn't slow back down during the non-massage time. In the same sense that a car can't accelerate unless it slows down again first.

alishaxmarie
October 23rd, 2014, 10:01 PM
It clearly works anecdotally, hordes of people report success.

I just wonder if it's a case of semantics, where "increases" are not seen if massages are done non-stop because growth doesn't slow back down during the non-massage time. In the same sense that a car can't accelerate unless it slows down again first.

The increase is in the rate of growth but I really don't think I understood what you were trying to say. A car can definitely accelerate once it's in motion, it would be moving at a faster rate because I'm pressing on the pedal harder and I can likewise ease up on the pedal and the rate at which I gain distance is going to decrease so please clarify because clearly our lines are crossed lol.

What is usually reported is that a user's established rate of growth is 1/4 inch of growth a month (for example) and once they try the inversion method they receive 1 inch of growth in one week and then return to growing their usual 1/4 inch the next month if they don't invert again.
I've never measured my hair beyond which body marker it reaches so I only know that it went from point A to point B in the single week whereas usually I wouldn't be able to perceive a length change in such a short period of time.

HOWEVER, I do know of one user who has kept excellent track of her growth rate on the Growth Rate Experiments thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947) so I'm going to copy some posts from over there!

First attempt at Inversion Method .. Began Feb 13th ended Feb. 21st

Feb 1st = 19"
Feb 13th = 19.7"
Feb 17th = 20.1"
Feb 20th = 20.5"
Feb 23rd = 20.6" (2 days after completing IM)

Bangs
Feb 1st = 3.5"
Feb 19th = 5"

Second attempt Inversion Method Begins March 10th

March 10th = 21"

March 13th (cut) = 20" [Link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947&page=24&p=2672669&viewfull=1#post2672669)]

In response to the question: "So then after the growth spurt people experience by inversion, does it stall out?"

Not for me .. i tend to get the 1" from the inversion method PLUS the .5" i get monthly normally .. so the months i do the inversion method i walk away with 1.5" .. every month afterwards i get my normal .5" .. [Meant to post the link and now I can't find which page this was on but it is in the thread, I promise lol]

I could have sworn there were more occasions on which she mentioned all of her measurements but I seem to be incapable of finding any of them and I looked at nearly every single page of the thread! :confused:

brooke_kawaii
October 24th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Oh wow I'm def gonna try this! I just hope I'll remember to do it everyday ;;;; (Bullet-Journaling to the rescue!)

gustavonut
October 24th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Oh wow I'm def gonna try this! I just hope I'll remember to do it everyday ;;;; (Bullet-Journaling to the rescue!)

Welcome my friend.
Don't feel bad about missing a day or two, you can always just massage the head without oil any way.
What I did to make sure I did it every day, was either keep a journal on it, or just post on this forum every day, heh.
But anyway, good luck brooke_kawaii!

gustavonut
October 24th, 2014, 08:47 PM

Oh btw, your hair is very pretty (:

Avis
October 27th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Results for me are a little inconclusive. Here is my hair before I started and after the week was over:
Before
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/Avis1290/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay1_zpsc45274ab.jpg (http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Avis1290/media/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay1_zpsc45274ab.jpg.html)

After
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/Avis1290/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay8_zps965a5b93.jpg (http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Avis1290/media/Length%20Shots/InversionChallengeDay8_zps965a5b93.jpg.html)

It doesn't look any longer but it does feel a bit longer. I probably should have measured my hair before/after instead of just taking pictures (the curse of flippy ends). But I'll definitely try it again next month.

hufflepug
October 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Today was my last day. I think it helped. I measured at 17" (from front of my hairline to the ends in the back) about 2 weeks ago, now I'm at 18", and that's with a tiny bit of trimming :) Also all of my stubby ends fit into a ponytail, which they did not a couple weeks ago. I will definitely do this again next month :D
Next experiment: Monistat. Which I've been hesitant to try but I have some scalp problems right now that may be fungal in nature (ew) so it seems like now is as good a time as any. Now to find that thread :)

lady mechanic
October 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Well I'm all done with my 7 days. Sadly I don't see anything different. Glad it's working for lots of you ladies though!

alishaxmarie
October 29th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Well I'm all done with my 7 days. Sadly I don't see anything different. Glad it's working for lots of you ladies though!

Perhaps you just can't perceive a change because it happened over the 7 day period and not all at once? Like how you can't always tell that you've lost weight until you step on the scale because you lost weight gradually and not all in one day. Did you notice any non-growth-rate-related benefits from your scalp massage?

BTW, today is Day #3 for me so time to go invert for today :)

alishaxmarie
October 29th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Perhaps you just can't perceive a change because it happened over the 7 day period and not all at once? Like how you can't always tell that you've lost weight until you step on the scale because you lost weight gradually and not all in one day. Did you notice any non-growth-rate-related benefits from your scalp massage?

BTW, today is Day #3 for me so time to go invert for today :)

Puffer Fish
October 29th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I did my first IM earlier this month and if my measuring is accurate, I've gained an inch this month!
I did mild massage before inverting for 4 minutes for 5 days in a row, then got busy and forgot about it. I have been scritching/massaging once a day for a couple days now, I'll probably continue that through the end of this week and then lay off my scalp for a while.

alishaxmarie
October 31st, 2014, 08:01 PM
I didn't end up doing my third inversion and then I got my period on the next morning and I read that you're not supposed to invert while on your period so I'm just going to start all over next week

Avis
November 1st, 2014, 01:53 PM
You know, I think I spoke too soon on the results of this. Yesterday when I was washing my hair, I felt it nearly touch my waist (keep in mind that it was under the stream of water) and just the week before it was not that close. Maybe it just takes a little time to happen? Whatever the reason, I will definitely be doing it again next month and I'll measure before and after.

katielea
November 1st, 2014, 02:04 PM
I didn't end up doing my third inversion and then I got my period on the next morning and I read that you're not supposed to invert while on your period so I'm just going to start all over next week

Thanks for this reminder! I was about to do it (today was day 3) but started my period this morning. I'll have to start again when it stops.

battles
November 1st, 2014, 06:55 PM
I think I'm going to start doing this again. I like taking the time to relax, and it might help with my hair. I can't really prove if it does or not..

Decemberrose
November 4th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Why not when you have your period??

katielea
November 4th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I was told by a yoga instructor to never do inversions when you're on your period because it disrupts the flow. A quick googling showed that there is not a consensus on the subject but most of the pages I read said that it's fine if you feel up to it. So i guess it's up to you!

Decemberrose
November 4th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Okay, good to know :)
I'm on day three and I should get my period tomorrow. I'll see how it goes.
Last time I did the IM I got 0.5 cm in a week.
Hope to get that much again.

BitterChocolate
November 5th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I've decided to give this ago as well, the experiences you guys are posting on here seem encouraging :D I'm only on day 2 at the moment, and not going to be using oils aside from wash days, hopefully I'll stick with it.

Begemot
November 6th, 2014, 09:22 AM
It's my third day doing this properly so half way through this week! I'm already tempted to measure my hair but have to stay strong since I decided my measuring day is on the last of this and every month from now on. I'm not using oil but now I'm thinking I may try it once this weekend.

LiiAme
November 8th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Count me in. Although I'd probably only use oil twice in the 7 days, if thats okay. Measured my hair this morning so this would be a good time to start this :)

alishaxmarie
November 11th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Day #1: I used a small amount of coconut oil and I'm surprised I didn't overdo it and make my hair look greasy at the roots :) I did the massaging and inverting all at once after a long, hot bath (didn't wet hair) since I figured that the heat of the bath would cause my blood vessels to expand a little extra to really boost the circulation in my head

Puffer Fish
November 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Second month of inversion starting today! Did 5 minutes of inversion with massage, no oil. Starting length is approximately 15.5 inches.

BitterChocolate
November 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I completely failed at this :oops: I kept at it for two days, then went without for three. Then I suddenly remembered and felt guilty, so on what would have been day 6 I tried again and gave myself an extra thorough scalp massage with castor oil and coconut oil (bad idea, turns out my scalp hates coconut oil and sheds like crazy after :( ). Now this was 2 days ago.

I will try to have another go at the challenge next week, starting on Monday, and will try to work it into a specific part of my routine every day to help me stick at it. What time of the day do you guys invert/massage the scalp? I'm thinking evenings might be best, since my mornings are always a mad dash...

cat11
November 12th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I really like this idea. Count me in!

I know my hair will get greasy with the oil at the roots though so I think I might just invert massage every night and only do the oil massage before washes as part of my pre-wash oiling routine

alishaxmarie
November 12th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Day #2: Completed without oil this time since I need to be sure I look presentable for class tomorrow.
Am I the only person whose scalp never tingles? It didn't even tingle when I diluted peppermint EO in coconut oil and rubbed that on my scalp over summer :shrug:
Keep in mind that I do the inverting and massaging all at once, hanging upside down for 7-ish minutes

LiftItNaked
November 12th, 2014, 06:33 PM
I just completed the inversion method today and I never got a tingly scalp feeling either. But my head has felt very itchy this week

alishaxmarie
November 13th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Day 3: Completed with coconut oil which I then put all over so I can wash my hair for the weekend tomorrow! I really hope I get a growth boost since I cut an inch off during the most recent waxing moon and feel like I lost SO MUCH LENGTH since I'm a wavy and the less it weighs the wavier my hair decides to be, le sigh.

Puffer Fish
November 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Day 2: I've noticed that I tend to massage for 2 minutes and then just hang for 2 minutes. Hopefully it'll still be effective.

Puffer Fish
November 15th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Bump?

Day 3 today, missed yesterday due to reasons. No noticeable growth yet.

alishaxmarie
November 15th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Just completed Day 4 without oil. If I had any growth then I can't tell since my hair gets awesome volume from the inverted massages and I just washed yesterday so my hair isn't being weighed down by oils. I like to do the IM sometime after taking my vitamins so that the blood rushing to my follicles has plenty of hair-friendly nutrients for my new growth (regardless of if I get any extra growth from this method).

alishaxmarie
November 15th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Stupid double posts >:/

hannabiss
November 15th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Just did it for a week. Used coconut oil. Massaged about 4 to 5 minutes each night. No noticeable or measurable growth acording to my measuring shirt. However ill try again next month. Ever the optimistic.

gustavonut
November 15th, 2014, 05:47 PM
I'm going to start my week on Monday.

Arete
November 15th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Day 1, done. We shall see, I'm not using oil

alishaxmarie
November 17th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I miscounted where I was at the other day so today was Day #7! I'm really not sure if I've grown at all or not but I haven't paid much attention to my length this week (for once). Either way, at least I did something good for my scalp :) Happy growing everybody :flowers:

ETA: today was an oil day so that's a total of 3 or 4 days I massaged with oil

cat11
November 17th, 2014, 07:22 PM
I did so horrible the last few days.... doing my first massage... now.

Puffer Fish
November 17th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Day 5 today. Did my inversion yesterday right before a hot shower, so maybe that day's effects got doubled? lol

Avis
November 17th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Starting again today. Measured about 26" unstretched. We'll see if the results I got last time were real or psychological. :p

LiiAme
November 21st, 2014, 11:16 AM
So my initial week of inversion was a little bit of a fail - I literally only remembered to do it once, max twice, during that week. So I started afresh Saturday last week and have managed to squeeze in two massages with oil (I use a mixture of olive and castor oil with a few drops of peppermint, bergamot and rosemary EO.... I know, bit of an overload, right?). Anyhow, tonight is the last night of the week's massages. Will measure early December.