PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do an inversion challenge with me?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Mrstran
November 22nd, 2016, 08:34 PM
I just noticed I didn't report back here after this month's inversion method, but better late than never!

Before I started my bangs were on my upper lip and now, after my inversion method, they are past my lower lip. So a good 1cm in a week! that's good!!!

That's great! I say keep it up. I've decided to re start it in December after going over my pictures and notes. I had a bit of confusion but figured it out. Finally!

hopefulred
November 27th, 2016, 04:46 AM
I haven't got any more growth from this either time I did it so gonna ditch it has anyone has any luck with caster oil for faster growth?

Rebeccalaurenxx
November 27th, 2016, 08:25 PM
I over did this years ago and I am wondering if I will see growth from this again since my scalp adjusted to it so long ago.

Also anyone here have before and after shots from doing the inversion method regularly??

Katia_k
November 27th, 2016, 10:31 PM
I think I'm going to try this after this week, once my body calms down. Though I'll probably do the super simple not-oiling version with little to no massage...low porrosity hair won't absorb all the oil and scalp massages make me shed something fierce. But maybe doing the most basic hanging-like-a-bat will do a little good for my growth.

Mrstran
December 5th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I over did this years ago and I am wondering if I will see growth from this again since my scalp adjusted to it so long ago.

Also anyone here have before and after shots from doing the inversion method regularly??

You should be able to do it again because it's been a while now and you are no longer use to it. Give it a shot. It couldn't hurt

I will have some pictures pretty soon.
I did inversion the first week of October and took pics October 1st and then November 1st for comparison. I seen a ton of growth. To see my growth without inversion I skipped it in November and still took pics November 1st and December 1st for comparison. Through November my hair seemed to grow a bit slower when I did a total measurement at the end of the month. You'd think the result looks promising.

However. There is a catch. In the very first October 1st photo, there is a possibility that I may have had my head down a tad while taking pics from the back, making my hair in the first pic look shorter that it actually was. I really don't If I did this or not so I am doing inversion now again for December (took pics Dec 1st and will at the end of the month) again to make sure.

After my very first pic in October I've been careful about keeping my head straight, so all my pics after are very accurate. Again , I could be wrong and my head may have been straight in the October pic, but just to be sure, I've decided to do this again.

I'll post all my results later ;)

ipickee
December 27th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Starting this today. Well, technically started it yesterday, but massaged at the same time as inverting. Reading closer, it looks like I should probably massage first, then invert, so will restart tonight.

Update:
Did my inversion tonight after dinner. Fiancee was afraid I was going to pass out :)

ipickee
January 5th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Starting this today. Well, technically started it yesterday, but massaged at the same time as inverting. Reading closer, it looks like I should probably massage first, then invert, so will restart tonight.

Update:
Did my inversion tonight after dinner. Fiancee was afraid I was going to pass out :)

Hmm. So I tried this last week, and have seen no extra growth. If it worked for you, did your growth show right away? Or did it take a week or so?

Boadicea
January 5th, 2017, 09:46 AM
I'd like to try this. But I won't be using oil everytime I do it. I will invert and massage every night for 4 minutes. I will do this one week and then rest? or do I have to invert and massage every night for a month to see results??

ipickee
January 5th, 2017, 10:14 AM
I'd like to try this. But I won't be using oil everytime I do it. I will invert and massage every night for 4 minutes. I will do this one week and then rest? or do I have to invert and massage every night for a month to see results??

No, you should only invert for a week every month. I believe the suggested time is for 4 to 7 minutes. If you do it more than that, apparently your body gets used to it, and it won't work.

april17
January 7th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Would love to...but when I turn my head upside down and then back upright, I end up with a brand new set of tangles to deal with. Wonder if the benefit is worth the tangles.

LaísB
January 7th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Would love to...but when I turn my head upside down and then back upright, I end up with a brand new set of tangles to deal with. Wonder if the benefit is worth the tangles.

I get tangles too, but I have been doing this method for quite a while and to me it is worth it. I get crazy hair afterwards but the growth is always good 😄

Sarahlabyrinth
January 7th, 2017, 02:09 PM
There's no need to get tangles - see video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8M8jR7RcSo

LaísB
January 7th, 2017, 02:41 PM

Thank you! I'll try that way next month :o

april17
January 7th, 2017, 06:13 PM

Tried your video instruction--not bad. And I do have to admit that it feels amazing.

(While a brushed, I had your video of you brushing your hair at night playing--one of my cats was totally transfixed!)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 7th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Tried your video instruction--not bad. And I do have to admit that it feels amazing.

(While a brushed, I had your video of you brushing your hair at night playing--one of my cats was totally transfixed!)

Haha, that's so cool :) I love cats!

LaísB
February 1st, 2017, 03:57 AM

Okay, so I did it with the brushing and this is amazing! seriously! I still had a bit of crazy voluminous hair afterwards but then juts a quick brush or even with finger combing and it was already soft and smooth. This is my new favorite thing!

Dark40
February 1st, 2017, 07:34 PM
I'm already doing the IM. I will be doing it tomorrow with my head down for 5 minutes.

pandabarrier
February 12th, 2017, 03:45 PM

I tried your method and it works great!

pandabarrier
February 22nd, 2017, 09:27 PM
Day 1 was yesterday (scalp massage without oil and inverted head for 4min). Today is day 2. Does lying down in a dentist's chair for a couple of hours count as inversion? The student dentist reclined the chair so much, I think it gave me headache from having the head almost upside down for so long...
I don't think I'm going to keep up the inversion thing.

VersLaLumière
February 24th, 2017, 02:24 AM
I'm going to give this a go (without oil). Been curious for a while and kind of tried it, but couldn't maintain the motivation to do it longer than 3 days and I didn't measure either. Just did day 1, will try to really do the full 7 days this time. Starting at 25.75".

vampyyri
February 24th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Sigh... here I am AGAIN :lol: I keep forgetting to do this after day two, so I really need to make a point to report here. I really do want to try it, but I have the memory of a goldfish :doh:

Reminder to self: Massage your dang scalp tonight!

likelikepenny
February 24th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Sigh... here I am AGAIN :lol: I keep forgetting to do this after day two, so I really need to make a point to report here. I really do want to try it, but I have the memory of a goldfish :doh:

Reminder to self: Massage your dang scalp tonight!

I'm starting tomorrow, we can be accountability partners :p

Tawny1992
March 8th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Hi all, I'm new here.
I've seen some super promising YouTube videos regarding this growth method so I'm excited to give this a try. I began this with 19.5" and I'm attempting this without oil (though I do use oil in the length after a wash). I'm currently on day 3 and feeling optimistic. Hope this all goes well for you guys :).

LadyMikaelson
March 29th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I have wanted to try this for SO long!!
& I'm going to start once I take some before photos!! :grin:

rouxlala
April 25th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Very curious about this..

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 26th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Im going to start this up again. It worked for me once, im not sure if it will again though.

leayellena
July 27th, 2017, 01:56 AM
I do it sometimes. it´s easier to comb my hair and achieve volume at the same time. no need for backcombing and hairspray :p

vpatt
July 27th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Im going to start this up again. It worked for me once, im not sure if it will again though.

Will you use oil or just inversion and massage? I tried it when I first joined here. I didn't get extra growth, but it sure felt good. I used a castor oil blend.

radiofreejenn
July 27th, 2017, 10:26 AM
I'll try it again! I had good results last time I tried it. Maybe I'll start on Monday :)

Ankjo
July 27th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Am I the only one around here who gets really dizzy and nauseous when doing this? I can't do it no matter the position I am in. I can't bend over and flip my hair up side down (big NO NO), I can't lay on my bed with my head down nor on a chair resting my head on top of the backrest. I mean, I feel that way as soon as I am getting in that position, not after few minutes...

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 27th, 2017, 10:06 PM
Will you use oil or just inversion and massage? I tried it when I first joined here. I didn't get extra growth, but it sure felt good. I used a castor oil blend.

Just inversion, no oil. Last time, I used castor oil which may have done a lot of the work but it is SO HEAVY I had to walk around with greased up hair, covered up in a bandana so I didnt need to wash daily. So this time I am not going to touch oil.

draysmir
July 28th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Am I the only one around here who gets really dizzy and nauseous when doing this? I can't do it no matter the position I am in. I can't bend over and flip my hair up side down (big NO NO), I can't lay on my bed with my head down nor on a chair resting my head on top of the backrest. I mean, I feel that way as soon as I am getting in that position, not after few minutes...

I get lightheaded easily, so bending over and flipping my hair upside down isn't really a smart thing for me to do :p Do you drink enough water? You might just be dehydrated, I get extra dizzy and lightheaded if I haven't been drinking enough water recently. Also make sure that your movements are slow when you are getting into those positions, sudden movements will make those feelings worse. If those things don't help, I would maybe go see a doctor (maybe you could have low blood pressure or something).

I would honestly just suggest you not try the inversion method until you can find a comfortable position, it doesn't sound very safe for you to be trying it right now. I hope you find a solution, but you might just be one of those people (like me) where you can't do the inversion method comfortably. You could try still stimulating your scalp without putting your head upsidedown and see if that still makes a difference though :)

Ondine11
July 28th, 2017, 07:49 PM
As of tomorrow, I'll be doing five minute inversion scalp massages without oil. I'll do it for seven days, & see if I get a growth spurt. I've gotten good results with this method, in the past.

Kandy
July 28th, 2017, 08:22 PM
I'm trying to do this once a week, with no oil. I also started taking a multi vitamin and running occasionally, hopefully my growth will speed up a little!

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 28th, 2017, 08:40 PM
So I have been doing this for roughly 3-4 days so far, and I can see roots... 0__0
Cant tell if these roots have always been here or if the massaging it coaxing the growth. Im going to continue, and in 4 days ill update.

ipickee
February 21st, 2018, 01:19 PM
Anyone still doing the Inversion Method? I've started up again this week. But where I've already started Collagen and Evening Primrose, it'll be near impossible to tell where the results come from.

krispie
February 21st, 2018, 04:26 PM
I started on Monday but forgot to do it yesterday but then I did it again today, & I don't use any oil when I do this either. I will try to remember to do it till Sunday, I wonder if it will actually work for me :)

Natalina
February 22nd, 2018, 08:35 AM
Anyone still doing the Inversion Method? I've started up again this week. But where I've already started Collagen and Evening Primrose, it'll be near impossible to tell where the results come from.

Me! I've been doing the Inversion Method on the 10th to 16th of every month starting January this year, no oils or scalp massage. I don't measure before and right after, though. I measure on the 28th of every month, and from January alone I've gained 1 inch of growth, not bad for the minimal effort that it took me. Finished with my February scheduled inversion, but I'll only measure on the 28th. I'll update the results soon. :)

The-Young-Maid
February 22nd, 2018, 08:46 AM
So I guess I've been doing this everyday lol I wash daily and flip my hair upside down to dry, I kinda massage my scalp too. I do this for about 10-15 minutes til my hair is mostly dry. I don't remember any growth spurts but I seem to be averaging 1/2 inch a month. I just like that it gives me lots of volume!

Natalina
February 22nd, 2018, 08:51 AM
So I guess I've been doing this everyday lol I wash daily and flip my hair upside down to dry, I kinda massage my scalp too. I do this for about 10-15 minutes til my hair is mostly dry. I don't remember any growth spurts but I seem to be averaging 1/2 inch a month. I just like that it gives me lots of volume!

Some people have said that it doesn't work if you do it often, like every day or even every week, as your scalp gets "used" to the rush of blood to the head. This may or may not be true, though, as inversion methods tend to work differently for everyone. :)

ipickee
February 22nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
Me! I've been doing the Inversion Method on the 10th to 16th of every month starting January this year, no oils or scalp massage. I don't measure before and right after, though. I measure on the 28th of every month, and from January alone I've gained 1 inch of growth, not bad for the minimal effort that it took me. Finished with my February scheduled inversion, but I'll only measure on the 28th. I'll update the results soon. :)

Awesome!! I forgot to do it last night (Doh!) but I've set an alarm to go off for tonight. Keep us posted on your results!

Natalina
February 22nd, 2018, 08:59 AM
Awesome!! I forgot to do it last night (Doh!) but I've set an alarm to go off for tonight. Keep us posted on your results!

Hehe, that happens to me too sometimes, you're not alone. Will do!

ipickee
February 26th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Ok, remembered today, yay! Pretty sure the hubs thinks I’m a nut, but oh well!

Caraid♫
February 26th, 2018, 09:36 PM
popping in to say I'm trying this! I'm very surprised I haven't tried this yet seeing as it's no simple and doesn't take much time!
I'll post if I get any notable results, though as a disclaimer, I won't necessarily be able to say it worked because I've gone all in am currently trying a MILLION things for hair growth. (Prenatal vitamins, biotin, eating more eggs and peanut butter for protein, getting exercise, oh my goodness, I'm even listening to subliminal hair growth youtube videos as back drop while I'm doing other things!!) Some of it might be useless, but I at least have fun trying haha and I don't have the patience to try one thing at a time!!

ipickee
February 27th, 2018, 01:02 PM
popping in to say I'm trying this! I'm very surprised I haven't tried this yet seeing as it's no simple and doesn't take much time!
I'll post if I get any notable results, though as a disclaimer, I won't necessarily be able to say it worked because I've gone all in am currently trying a MILLION things for hair growth. (Prenatal vitamins, biotin, eating more eggs and peanut butter for protein, getting exercise, oh my goodness, I'm even listening to subliminal hair growth youtube videos as back drop while I'm doing other things!!) Some of it might be useless, but I at least have fun trying haha and I don't have the patience to try one thing at a time!!

Welcome!! I'd just suggest sticking with it for a month, if you decide to start. Last time, I had no growth at all the first two weeks, and still had almost an inch by the time I was done for the month!

Caraid♫
February 27th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Welcome!! I'd just suggest sticking with it for a month, if you decide to start. Last time, I had no growth at all the first two weeks, and still had almost an inch by the time I was done for the month!

that's awesome you got results like that!! so you've done it every day continuously with success? I'm wondering what the consensus is on whether it's better to do it every day, or do it every day for only one week out of each month as I've read some people do so your scalp doesn't get used to it. And if your scalp does need a break for it to be effective I also wonder if the seven day thing is a hard rule or could now potentially reverse it (invert for 3 weeks and take one week off)
I feel like I'm inclined to do it every day and just take a break if I notice it stops working!

ETA looking back in the post I see this has been discussed haha, I guess different ways work for different people- I will just have to experiment! :D

ipickee
February 27th, 2018, 03:08 PM
that's awesome you got results like that!! so you've done it every day continuously with success? I'm wondering what the consensus is on whether it's better to do it every day, or do it every day for only one week out of each month as I've read some people do so your scalp doesn't get used to it. And if your scalp does need a break for it to be effective I also wonder if the seven day thing is a hard rule or could now potentially reverse it (invert for 3 weeks and take one week off)
I feel like I'm inclined to do it every day and just take a break if I notice it stops working!

ETA looking back in the post I see this has been discussed haha, I guess different ways work for different people- I will just have to experiment! :D

O yes, I just meant a month total with the measuring, not necessarily inverting everyday. lol!

Caraid♫
February 27th, 2018, 03:20 PM
O yes, I just meant a month total with the measuring, not necessarily inverting everyday. lol!

Oh I see! well regardless, I'll give it time! Can't wait to see if I get some extra growth this month! I guess I'd better go measure now for reference! :D

wannabe-rusalka
March 4th, 2018, 06:47 PM
I think this sounds fun. I like scalp massages anyway so extra hair growth will be a bonus :)

circlers
March 10th, 2018, 02:34 PM
I actually did it last month, and I didn't measure the before and after, but my hair did actually grow around 2,5cm that month. This time however, I decided to document it for my youtube channel, and I started today, filmed the first part, measured my hair and whatnot, and I'm really excited to see what it's gonna do within 7 days :D

Caraid♫
March 10th, 2018, 04:42 PM
I actually did it last month, and I didn't measure the before and after, but my hair did actually grow around 2,5cm that month. This time however, I decided to document it for my youtube channel, and I started today, filmed the first part, measured my hair and whatnot, and I'm really excited to see what it's gonna do within 7 days :D
Cool, I look forward to seeing your documented results! 2.5cm is awesome growth!!

circlers
March 12th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Cool, I look forward to seeing your documented results! 2.5cm is awesome growth!!

Thanks! Yes, I was really surprised too, so I'll see what this month has to offer :D

Estrid
March 12th, 2018, 02:00 PM
I did it for the first time today, so I guess last day will be sunday! :) For those of you who do get extra growth from doing this, do you spot it by the last day or is it first later that you see a difference?

Caraid♫
March 12th, 2018, 02:26 PM
I did it for the first time today, so I guess last day will be sunday! :) For those of you who do get extra growth from doing this, do you spot it by the last day or is it first later that you see a difference?

I've only just started, so I'll have to wait and see if there is a real pattern..
But what I'm noticing is what seems to be faster growth only now (one week after the week of inversion) I didn't notice it during the inversion week. I notice it because I died my roots right before starting the inversion method and my hair seems to have more visible roots than normal after two weeks!
I'm not going to officially measure until the end of the month though, I could be imagining it all!

Estrid
March 15th, 2018, 09:54 AM
I've only just started, so I'll have to wait and see if there is a real pattern..
But what I'm noticing is what seems to be faster growth only now (one week after the week of inversion) I didn't notice it during the inversion week. I notice it because I died my roots right before starting the inversion method and my hair seems to have more visible roots than normal after two weeks!
I'm not going to officially measure until the end of the month though, I could be imagining it all!

Interesting! I guess I will see how it works out for me. I will have to start over though, I did it the first day and then just completely forgot about it. I hate massaging my scalp.

Caraid♫
March 28th, 2018, 07:12 AM
I just wanted to post an update-
Well, my hair according to my measurements appears to have grown an inch this month!! My rate before I believe was about 0.7" so I guess it already grew reasonably fast, but I am ecstatic to get an inch a month. The only thing will be seeing if I can consistently get that growth every month!
However, I have NO clue whether it was the inversion method that helped or my biotin and prenatals I just started taking, or both!!
I was due to start my inversion week yesterday but I didn't feel like it because I got some sort of stomach flu! =( But I will start again today if I'm feeling better!

circlers
April 6th, 2018, 03:27 AM
Hey guys! I'm back!
As I said earlier that i'd try to document my inversion method, I'm here to deliver, I remember Caraid wanted to see this! I think I might redo this video in a few months too, to see if I get a similar or different result, but for all of you who are interested (and I hope this is allowed, if not just delete it, admins) here it is!

https://youtu.be/NnATeJpJZL0

Caraid♫
April 12th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Hey guys! I'm back!
As I said earlier that i'd try to document my inversion method, I'm here to deliver, I remember Caraid wanted to see this! I think I might redo this video in a few months too, to see if I get a similar or different result, but for all of you who are interested (and I hope this is allowed, if not just delete it, admins) here it is!

https://youtu.be/NnATeJpJZL0

Thanks for posting, I just watched it! A cm in a week is awesome, and maybe the increased growth could continue for the rest of the month, fingers crossed!

Ondine11
April 13th, 2018, 09:21 PM
I’m ready to try something new. I’ll begin tomorrow April 14, with a 5 min inversion massage. Hope it boosts my growth!

leayellena
April 14th, 2018, 03:36 AM
Ok I'm in.
I will comb my hair upside down, screatching upside down and washing my hair after I shower so I can wash it upside down in the bathtub.
I don't know why I gave up this method... Hmm...

circlers
April 14th, 2018, 03:58 AM
Thanks for posting, I just watched it! A cm in a week is awesome, and maybe the increased growth could continue for the rest of the month, fingers crossed!

Thank you, and yes it is! I decided to do it every month, but I'll have not to because I'm testing out hair growth vitamins for my channel as well (and for myself, because I'm impatient as heck) and I feel like it could affect the results, and I couldn't document it accurately

Rakhshanda
April 14th, 2018, 04:22 AM
I'm currently doing inversion method.I'm on day 4.I haven't seen any change so far.But I'll be doing it till the end of this year😋

leayellena
April 15th, 2018, 02:02 AM
I stopped doing inversion challenge last year because I thought it was bad for my back. Well my hair has grown so I don't have to bent over the bathtub too much in order to keep the shed hair inside the bathtub. I think I will do it forever. I feel like I have more control over the shedding and how my hair feels dry or still moisturised.
Inversion is good for control if not for the real hair growth. I mean hair growth depends very much on the shedding/breakage rate. I don't believe the "1 inch per week growth" à la YouTube...

leayellena
March 10th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Last year when my hair was hl i couldn't do the invention method. Now that my hair is almost classic length I love inversion method. It feels so natural to me now. I just can't explain why but I am happy with it. I learned how to bent over without having back pains, I learned how to have control on my fingers while detangling (I hated finger detangling back when my hair was MBL) and now I can't imagine my routine without the invention method. I think I was conditioned to rip off my hair.

SimplySmile
March 11th, 2019, 01:02 PM
I actually just started this in March! I am going to try to do it the first week of every month. I measured my hair on 03/03 (because I forgot to measure on 03/01 - I will do better next month!) then again on 03/07. I got 1cm of growth between those 2 measurements. I am excited to check it again at the end of the month!!! I measured my hair from my big chop in January to March and it seems I average 2cm's a month. So it will be fun to see if I get more this month from the inversion method or not!

I tried 2 different ways. One was just standing and bending forward in half and massaging my scalp for 5 minutes (I did this with out oil) - Then the second way was laying on my back on my bed with my head hanging off the end (also done with out oil).

Good luck to everyone who is doing this, and remember to tip back up very slowly or you will get a head rush.

:D

soldierssong
April 15th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I've done the IM before, and will definitely keep plugging along. I usually let my natural oils work for me, but when I deep condition, I will get a little fancy. :P

Stardreamer
April 16th, 2019, 02:00 AM
Hmm, last time I tried the IM, I didn't complete it. Maybe I should give it another go? I'm wondering if I should use an oil or something. Argan oil or olive oil or both? Warm oil, right?

blackgothicdoll
May 27th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Forgot last month since I was overseas so I guess I'm starting over. Day 1 & 2.

Proverbs31
May 28th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Just recently finished day 7, and it pushed me to a cm or so past BSL when originally it was just teetering at the edge =)

Proverbs31
May 28th, 2019, 11:54 AM
Forgot to mention that I don't use any oils or anything, I just sprayed my roots with the "L'Oreal Triple Resist Ultimate Strength Solution" =)

blackgothicdoll
May 28th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Day 3, 5 minutes with oil.

Hasse
May 28th, 2019, 03:00 PM
It can't hurt to put this to the test! Today marks day one. Done on day 3 hair without additional oils.

CrazyPlantLady
May 28th, 2019, 03:30 PM
I actually did day one yesterday and then coincidentally stumbled upon this thread today. I don't know why I never thought about measuring before and after :doh: since it's only day 2 today I'll measure today then report back after the week is over. Here's hoping for some awesome growth! :pray:

Wusel
May 28th, 2019, 03:35 PM
I did 6 days this month and left the seventh today out since I did a lot of massaging with my new electric massager this month. Enough manipulation, I think, and a ton of growth. And I had Migraines today, really bad. Couldn't invert anyway.

hinabelle
May 29th, 2019, 10:56 AM
I'll try to do it for the first week of each month. So I'll make this post as a bookmark for myself
and come back on 1 June. :)

CosmoCat
May 29th, 2019, 09:08 PM
It’s interesting, but I don’t think that I would keep with it. I’m not as committed to long hair, I actually prefer mine collarbone length. It’s just that I feel time is running out to have long hair. It’s not true, because there are gorgeous locks of all ages here, but I just feel like a clock is ticking, lol. So, I’m on board, but can take or leave it.

joweh
May 30th, 2019, 01:24 AM
I'll be back to update on 1st June and try to do it the first week every month! Can't hurt to try and I would definitely love more length.

LittleHealthy
May 30th, 2019, 05:36 AM
I’ve done 7 days this month, now waiting to see how results go. I’m not hopeful at all :laugh:

SimplySmile
May 30th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Well... I did this for March and April and I decided to take a month off for May.. My hair definitely grows faster when I do the inversion method! I am going to start doing it again the first week of every month!

CrazyPlantLady
May 30th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Did day 3 yesterday, but I could only do about 3 minutes, I was getting a migraine. Hope that doesn't alter my results.

blackgothicdoll
May 30th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Forgot yesterday. Today is day 4.

Larke
May 30th, 2019, 09:28 PM
This is day 3 for me. I'm trying it again, but my challenge is just to keep it up for a week. I can't commit to any longer than that yet. But this week, I'm full of enthusiasm. :lol:

joweh
May 31st, 2019, 05:12 AM
Day 1 today! Did 4 minutes with some coconut oil.

Hasse
May 31st, 2019, 05:19 AM
Oops.. I totally forgot this. I have to start setting reminders.

blackgothicdoll
May 31st, 2019, 07:53 PM
Day 5, no additional oil.

MoonChildCurls
May 31st, 2019, 10:34 PM
Ugh I'll do this, get great growth that month, then forget about it -_- Starting over again tomorrow!

hinabelle
June 1st, 2019, 09:30 AM
1 June -- Day 1, Month 1 of the inversion challenge (7 min -- I forgot to time myself) complete. I want to do a year this time!

lapushka
June 1st, 2019, 12:01 PM
Well technically I do this every time I wash. I wash bent over and my head is massaged for at least a good 12-15 min. as it gets washed. I still only get half an inch a month, though. Not to burst anyone's bubble, it is just my experience. Now I don't do this with an oil (and that could be it), but I can't put oil on the scalp.

Doing this with shampoo while you wash might be a good alternative for those of us who can't use oils.

joweh
June 2nd, 2019, 02:59 AM
I forgot yesterday oops! Day 3: Today did it without any oil.

hinabelle
June 2nd, 2019, 12:02 PM
2 June -- Day 2, Month 1, 5 minutes. I've been using coconut oil.

hinabelle
June 3rd, 2019, 11:44 AM
3 June -- Day 3, Month 1, 5 minutes.

hinabelle
June 4th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Cutting it short this month because I have a fresh ear piercing and don't want to risk any issues.
I'll be back on 1 July!

EdG
June 4th, 2019, 06:51 PM
I unknowingly have been using the inversion method. I detangle using my fingers and comb while lying down with my head over the edge of the bed.

The inversion method has been remarkably successful in getting out mats that do not come out when combed in the usual top-to-bottom direction. I think the ability to get out tangles in different directions may explain the sudden "growth" that some LHC'ers experience.

My hair resembles this emoticon :silly: afterwards. I then dampen and comb while standing up. ;)
Ed

blackgothicdoll
July 6th, 2019, 11:39 PM
Back again, though I'm late. Day 1, khadi amla oil. I used the whole bottle for a Prepoo as well.

leafygreens18
July 7th, 2019, 01:13 AM
I do the inversion method pretty regularly. My hair has grown pretty quickly and I think that did start around the time I started using the inversion method, but that's around the time I picked up all of my good hair care habits, so I cant definitively say that's the reason. I don't brush my hair and I wear it up in a fairly tight stick bun, so I think for me at least it can be helpful to just massage my scalp for a few moments and get the blood flowing around! I'd say give it a go, it certainly can't hurt!

gin
July 7th, 2019, 03:05 PM
I'll do it! I'm on day 2 :). I've done this before (though not the past month), and I think I had 0.5" growth. We'll see about this month...

blackgothicdoll
July 7th, 2019, 07:39 PM
Day 2, 5 min no added oil.

S&S
July 7th, 2019, 08:23 PM
I'm in!

I did it the last week of June for 7 days (5mins each time).

I plan on doing it once a month for a week each time :) I'll start again the last week of July.

gin
July 7th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Forgot to mention, I’ve never done this with oil, mainly because my hair would be way too much of an oily mess unless I wash it everyday which is out of the question. And my scalp doesn’t like oils, apparently. But I may try to spray it with a water based solution like tea tree or rose hydrosol or a caffeine mixture instead. Maybe next month!

Randomly, I like doing the inversion method because the way I do it, I can stretch my hamstrings at the same time, which I really need to do more because they are much tighter than I want them to be!

blackgothicdoll
July 8th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Day 3, 5 minutes.

S&S
July 23rd, 2019, 03:28 PM
Starting again for July ~ day 2!