PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to do an inversion challenge with me?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rushli
November 21st, 2014, 02:40 PM
I have been meaning to give this another go. My only issue is that I need to keep stretching my washes for my sanity and I could not manage massaging with oil daily and feel alright about going in public. I have since discovered emu oil. It is light and absorbs much better than normal oil. I have also been playing with bhringaraj oil for headaches and have been getting a lot of practice in using small amounts to massage on my head. I have decided to do half emu and half bhringaraj and some essential oils. I think it was discussed that doing it all the time was not helpful, but because of headaches, I will me doing frequent massages, but only invert for one week.

Begemot
December 1st, 2014, 05:26 AM
So, I did inversion for one week every day for four to five minutes, no oil. I did the mistake of not taking a good length picture a month ago, also I'm not quite certain if I remember my length measurements right. Because if I remember it right it would mean that my hair grew an inch last month :confused: My hair does feel longer but I'm still not sure if the growth is legit. So as from today I'm starting the challenge again! We'll see again next year :D

Olavi
December 1st, 2014, 01:17 PM
I decided to try this. I'm bit sceptical, but I think this is one those things where you can only win. If I don't gain lot's of length, I at least got some good scalp massage :D

But I think I might do non-oil massages mostly. Oil on scalp and me have a history of not getting along well...

Baby_doll
December 1st, 2014, 03:58 PM
today is day one for me! im doing a longer scalp massage than usual with my spider scalp massager and tonight im going to do a hand stand against the wall. im a bit skeptical too since im a slow grower, im not going to use any oil because im on water only and oil doesnt go any higher than the last inch of my hair.

Avis
December 1st, 2014, 09:07 PM
Ok, so I thought that I hadn't experienced any growth from this, but I kept measuring about 27" the last few days. Then again, it's really kind of impossible to know whether I grew almost an inch or if my hair just got less wavy since I only wash once a week. I'll try it again this month but this time I'm going to measure stretched. Hopefully NOW I'll be able to see if it works for me or not. I'm thinking it does but I just want to be totally sure.

sjlaurence
December 4th, 2014, 12:02 AM
I would love to join the challenge! I started last night by hanging my head over my bed for four minutes. The website I read to figure out what inversion is said not to do it more than a week in a month or your body will get used to it. I measured my hair at 47.5cm and will check back in seven days to let you know if I experience any growth.

Johannah
December 4th, 2014, 05:34 AM
I'm going to do this in some weeks when I'm home (studying and exams). If it works, great. If it doesn't, it might have helped with studying. :p

Arete
December 6th, 2014, 01:00 AM
One more day of inverting and then I shall measure on Sunday and let you guys know the results!

Number 3
December 6th, 2014, 01:17 AM
I'm on my 5th day.
My scalp is burning because of too much shampooing.

M.McDonough
December 6th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Hello

A minute ago I was just watching this video on youtube. This girl says that you can grow your hair up to 4 inches in only a week!!
(Some of you might have seen it before) anyway here's the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx5ZB4EoMis

Let me know what you guys think..

mz_butterfly
December 6th, 2014, 08:49 AM
You cannot grow 4 inches of hair in a week. It's a bogus claim.

Madora
December 6th, 2014, 08:50 AM
If you believe that nutso claim, then I've got a bridge in Frisco I'd like to sell ya! There's a sucker born every minute!

tigereye
December 6th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I'm put off by so many things here.
The inversion method is not new. People here use it, and some actually wash their hair that way, but I haven't heard anyone here saying they got 4 inches a week. For most people, that's 8 months of growth. No amount of increase in blood flow is going to make your follicles grow hair at 32x their normal growth rate. Maybe I'd believe twice as fast, but 32 times as fast seems unlikely.
Secondly, she goes on about essential oils like you use them instead of other oils, but essential oils should always be diluted in a carrier oil or something similar if you're using them on the skin.
Then there's the constant running her fingers through her hair which my hair just couldn't deal with. It's just kind of off putting.

M.McDonough
December 6th, 2014, 09:25 AM
If you believe that nutso claim, then I've got a bridge in Frisco I'd like to sell ya! There's a sucker born every minute!

LOL I did not believe it and I never said that I just wanted to know what you guys think

Johannah
December 6th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I wish this worked, lol.

Johannah
December 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I'm on my 5th day.
My scalp is burning because of too much shampooing.

You better stop washing your hair then!

sarahthegemini
December 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I can't believe how many people actually believe her :-/ Also, an egg on the hair is not a protein mask!!!!

Arete
December 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Getting 4 inches in a week is quite simple, it's called adding extensions :p

Puffer Fish
December 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I did this in October and November with no oil and I have noticed absolutely NO difference in my growth. My hair is kind of wavy though, so it's difficult to get an accurate length measurement. Shame that this didn't seem to work for me. I may try it again sometime in the future with oil, but right now I don't see a need.

meteor
December 6th, 2014, 01:10 PM

LOL, I have to agree with this! :D
I'm sometimes worried that future anthropologists will look at all the stuff we have on the Internet today and wonder how come people could be so gullible in the 21st century!

Back to that video, nothing wrong with her inversion method advice, but the growth claims she makes are just impossible.

mz_butterfly
December 6th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I have seen this video in the past. Any negative comments alluding to the fact that hair can't grow that fast is dealt with rather rudely.

swearnsue
December 6th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I can get 4 inches a month by asking my DH over and over again to measure and re-measure my hair. As he gets tired of it, especially if a football game is on T.V. in the other room, then the length magically gets longer! LOL

One time he said my 24 inch hair was 32 inches. It was a joke but still, measuring hair is not an exact science.

swearnsue
December 6th, 2014, 09:34 PM
When I first started taking diatomaceous earth, my hair grew almost an inch a month the first two months. But then it went back to about 1/2 inch per month.

Panth
December 7th, 2014, 07:20 AM
When I first started taking diatomaceous earth, my hair grew almost an inch a month the first two months. But then it went back to about 1/2 inch per month.

Buuuut... nearly 1" in two months is ... the same as ~1/2" per month!?

In any case, it's nowhere near 4" in a week like the video claims.

diddiedaisy
December 7th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I'd be happy with 4mm a week!!!

Arete
December 7th, 2014, 01:00 PM
All right, folks, the results are in!

What I did: Inverted and massaged at the same time for 4 minutes a day for seven days. NO oil.

Starting: Shortest layer: 25" Ending shortest layer: 26" = 1 inch of growth in 7 days!
Starting longest layer: 35.75" Ending Longest layer: 36.5" = 3/4 inch of growth in 7 days!

Verdict:In the past 5 months I have gotten 2.5" of growth so my average growth rate is 1/2" per month. I got double/almost double that in 7 days. I say it worked! I shall do this again the first week of January to see if I can replicate results.

Number 3
December 7th, 2014, 07:28 PM
You better stop washing your hair then!

The problem is I used castor oil, and co never removed it.

sjlaurence
December 8th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Unfortunately I can't continue with the challenge as I have hurt my neck. Best if luck to those who are still persevering.

Begemot
December 8th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Messed up with last week that was supposed to be my inversion week. I forgot to massage twice last week and didn't even try with the oil. Maybe I will start over next week. I didn't get massive growth spurt last time I did inversion but got some addition to my regular growth and every tiny bit counts! :)

wilderwein
December 8th, 2014, 01:44 PM
i tried that two months ago and it didnt work for my hair! i have bleached hair so i can easily tell how much they have grown, and they didnt grow much more than previous months, maybe 2mm more... =/

M.McDonough
December 8th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I'd be happy with 4mm a week!!!

yeah me too

MeAndTheMaz
December 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
I just did day one. TBH, I have no metrics to go by (no idea what my length is, or how fast it grows), so I have no idea if it's going to work, but it's worth a try. I need all the help I can get!

What I did for timing was to find a song that was five minutes long and did the deed. It seem as long as might have waiting on a timer to ding, or something.

We'll see what happens.

ETA: No oil.

cat11
December 15th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Guys... how do you keep your hair from getitng tangled when doing this? I hung off my bed on my belly upside down and massaged for 5 minutes and when I was done my hair was so tangly. Does anybody else have this issue? my hair hates being hung upside down

MeAndTheMaz
December 15th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I'm on day five, and I haven't had any issues. I don't know what I'm doing right, but my hair usually wants to tangle with very little provocation.

MeAndTheMaz
December 25th, 2014, 11:19 PM
So anyway, I found that I had a length shot from Nov. 8,

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14951&d=1419570817

and took one the other day before a trim.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14950&d=1419570817

I was quite impressed by the difference. I can only imagine that the inversion did something for me. I'm going to have to keep it up for a while. :D

BitterChocolate
December 26th, 2014, 07:20 AM
My second attempt at this - the first time around I only ended up inverting 3 times in the week due to my forgetfulness. Like many in this thread I will only use oil rarely, as I don't want to wash my hair too often and I think oil on my scalp might make me shed. Good luck to all! :)

CremeTron
December 26th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I wonder if light tapping the scalp with finger pads or patting the head can replace massage for those that are afraid of tangling?

I may try the hanging upside down for 4 mins a day, 7 days out of the month. Not the massage those. I don't like to rumple my hair unless in the shower. My hair hates to be moved around too much.

Cinnamonagouti
December 27th, 2014, 05:12 AM
I'm in! I'm doing it without the oil, though. And I don't know if I'll bother measuring, maybe just some length shots will do...

MeAndTheMaz
December 27th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I did it a couple of weeks ago and didn't think I had any metrics to go by. Turns out I accidentally had a shot from early in Nov. and took one pre-trim on the 22nd this month. I was quite surprised at the difference, so if you just take a couple of photos, that might be good enough.

Good luck with it!

nakima
December 27th, 2014, 08:38 PM
meandthemaz, it looks like you got a little over an inch in that 5 to 6 week period thats pretty good! I have been doing this for about 4 days and w ill be checking the last day of the month to see if theres any difference and then I plan on trimming abt an inch to work on getting a thicker hem next year. If this works tho I will continue trying it. It cant hurt, the massage is good for circulation and should help to promote growth so we'll see :) good luck all!

MeAndTheMaz
December 28th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I wonder if light tapping the scalp with finger pads or patting the head can replace massage for those that are afraid of tangling?

I may try the hanging upside down for 4 mins a day, 7 days out of the month. Not the massage those. I don't like to rumple my hair unless in the shower. My hair hates to be moved around too much.

I wonder if covering your head with something thin enough to let the pressure through without having to actually grind away at your hair would work. A swimming cap, or plastic bag of some kind?

meandthemaz, it looks like you got a little over an inch in that 5 to 6 week period thats pretty good! I have been doing this for about 4 days and w ill be checking the last day of the month to see if theres any difference and then I plan on trimming abt an inch to work on getting a thicker hem next year. If this works tho I will continue trying it. It cant hurt, the massage is good for circulation and should help to promote growth so we'll see :) good luck all!

I know. So you can imagine how surprised I was to see that. I actually double checked the date on the first picture to see if it wasn't from last year. :D

Nebulae
December 28th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I've been wanting to try this for a while but haven't had any good timing (I'm worried the massage will give me greasies.. even without oil) but unless I forget, I will try this starting tomorrow! Unless I start tonight.. :hmm:

nakima
December 29th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I have been doing this with oil on what I call my dirty hair days and I just massage on the other days so I guess I will see how this works.

Red'N'Curly
December 30th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Interesting. Throughout my last pregnancy, my hair grew at my normal rate, except for the last 2 months. During those last 2 months I was getting something like 2" a month (maintaining at shoulder blade then, and needing to trim all the time.) At the time, I just attributed it to hormones. BUT, during those last 2 months I was practicing steep inversions several times a day to try to turn a breech (didn't work, but my midwife's backup OB was able to turn baby and I still got my homebirth, yay! Lol) Inversions like these (http://spinningbabies.com/techniques/the-inversion)

I'm going to start practicing the inversions again and see what happens. Currently at exactly 28"

JellyBene
December 30th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Well I tried this at the beginning of the month but no noticed extra growth. Just my usual almost half inch :confused: But I think I misunderstood the instructions and massaged my head while upside down for the whole 4 minutes. Maybe I'll try the other way (head upside down and then massage?) next month.

Arete
January 2nd, 2015, 05:47 PM
Starting round 2. Last time, I got an extra inch of growth. Hoping to be able to reproduce results!

Red'N'Curly
January 2nd, 2015, 08:17 PM
Starting round 2. Last time, I got an extra inch of growth. Hoping to be able to reproduce results!

That's amazing! Congratulations.

MeAndTheMaz
January 2nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
I'm going to start round two Sunday. Also hoping to reproduce results.

One thing I learned not to do is start in the middle of the week. :o By the time I was done, I wasn't sure if I started on Wednesday or Thursday. So this time I'm starting on Sunday.

Good luck Arete. Let's hope we both make significant gains this time.

RachelRose
January 2nd, 2015, 09:31 PM
Has anyone tried those copper head massagers ? Looks like the claws in the 50 cents stuffed animal machines . Anyway it feels heavenly and gives goosebumps so I do that and highly recommend . As for the inversion I'm in ! No oil tho too much of a pain unless it's on wash day (every 4th day for me ) . Any testimonials from anyone who's done this challenge ?? Scratch that just red the previous replies . Now I'm really excited lol !!! Woohoo !

ARG
January 2nd, 2015, 10:55 PM
I do this when I remember. Tonight being one of those nights, my husband walked into our bedroom to see me laying flat on my stomach across the bed with my head hanging down, he took one look and said "Oh you're doing that thing that makes your hair grow, right?" Yeah, honey, that thing = long hair :D.

Fairina
January 2nd, 2015, 11:21 PM
Yes! Starting out at 22.5"http://imgur.com/nYpGtDx

Fairina
January 2nd, 2015, 11:23 PM
Yes! Starting out at 22.5"http://imgur.com/nYpGtDx

Trying an image one more time...

http://i.imgur.com/nYpGtDxl.jpg

LiiAme
January 3rd, 2015, 07:17 AM
Sorry for taking so long to give feedback on first month (of which one week was inversion plus massage). I didn't find that there was any change in length during month one, to be honest. But then again, my hair seems to be quite adamant not to grow when I obsess over it.

Perhaps I should give it a second month of trying? Perhaps make it part of the hair rituals in 2015? :shrug:

Fairina
January 5th, 2015, 03:04 AM
Just finished day 2 my hair seems to be loving the massages.

Arete
January 5th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Just finished day 2 my hair seems to be loving the massages.

My scalp loves it too. Even if you don't get results, it still feels nice :D

Currently on day 4 of inversions. Can't wait to measure on Friday. If they keep working, I could be TBL by May, and Classic by Christmas! Otherwise looking at TBL by Christmas.

Fairina
January 5th, 2015, 01:53 PM
My scalp loves it too. Even if you don't get results, it still feels nice :D

Currently on day 4 of inversions. Can't wait to measure on Friday. If they keep working, I could be TBL by May, and Classic by Christmas! Otherwise looking at TBL by Christmas.

I notice that it relaxes my hair a bit I wonder if that would make some people think they are getting new growth? I'm going to measure after a wash to be sure it "poofs" up like the first time I measured it. I'm excited though, I think I could get an extra inch this month.

Arete
January 5th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Interestin, it makes my hair quite poofy afterwards. :hmm:
And I definitely got an inch last time as I have a tiny bit of bleach I'm growing out and got a whole inch from roots to dye.

Red'N'Curly
January 6th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Well, my results came in at -.5" Lol, curse of curly hair! Even pulled straight both times I measured, it still wasn't accurate. But it was fun, so I'll try it again. Maybe timing it to start on the new moon? And I'll measuse wet next time!

Arete
January 6th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Well, my results came in at -.5" Lol, curse of curly hair! Even pulled straight both times I measured, it still wasn't accurate. But it was fun, so I'll try it again. Maybe timing it to start on the new moon? And I'll measuse wet next time!

.5" of growth in a week is still nothing to sneeze at :D

MeAndTheMaz
January 6th, 2015, 06:31 PM
.5" of growth in a week is still nothing to sneeze at :D

^ Consider it bonus growth.

Red'N'Curly
January 7th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Lol, no NEGATIVE .5"! As in it was half an inch shorter ;)

MeAndTheMaz
January 7th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Man are you doing something wrong!

Arete
January 7th, 2015, 05:51 PM

:laugh: YEAH CURLIES! :p

MeAndTheMaz
January 7th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Just finished day four. Then treated my hair to a couple of :cookie:. Okay. Maybe that was more for me. :whistle:

Is there a better time of day to do this? This round I've been doing it in the evenings. Don't know if that makes much difference.

Arete
January 7th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Only one more day of inversions then measuring time. YEAH! I straightened up too fast today and felt like I was going to puke. UGGH!

Nebulae
January 8th, 2015, 05:43 AM
I totally fell off the wagon, but I'm not surprised. Bad timing, again.. Maybe I should try doing it in the mornings instead. I will at least try to remember it tomorrow. :o

Fairina
January 8th, 2015, 07:08 PM

Maybe you had new growth at the hairline so it appears to be shorter?

Arete
January 9th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Inversion method round 2.

What I did: Scalp massage while inverting for 4 minutes for seven consecutive days.

Shortest layer Start: 26.5" Ending: 27.25" (gain of 3/4")

Longest layer start: 37" End: 37.5" (gain 1/2")

Notes: I lost the tape I normally use, so I will remeasure again when I find it to see if there is any difference between the tapes. While I got a 1/4" less than last time (1" and 3/4"), I'll still take it. I was quite sick during most of it, so don't know if that affected results at all.

Conclusion: Even though smaller gains were made this time I did once again gain more growth in 7 days than I do in a month, and thus did reproduce results. This appears to be a viable method to increase rate of growth. I am going to continue doing this for the rest of 2015 as my scientific little mind finds this interesting. I will compile all my data at the end of the year.

Fairina
January 10th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I skipped one day so I did another and I have been massaging my scalp randomly throughout the day. I measure in at 24" however I notice that it's laying down more from the last picture and since I'm so new at measuring I wouldn't be surprised if I'm doing it wrong. If anything it's much healthier than 8 days ago!
http://i.imgur.com/GRc3Cly.jpg

salomers
January 21st, 2015, 09:49 AM
I read a while a ago about a girl who used to do gymnastics and claims that her normal growth rate was about 2 inches a month. She attributed it to being upside down s o much. If her claim is true it makes sense as being upside down by itself would rush a lot of blood to the scalp which is what happens when you massage it.

Aleahcim
January 21st, 2015, 11:43 AM
This is something I was been considering trying out. How has it worked for all of you? I figure it can't hurt as it is just promoting circulation in the scalp

Belle Paix
January 21st, 2015, 03:24 PM
I think I'm going to have to finally bite the bullet on this one and try it out. I'm going to start tonight, with a bit of oil most likely, and then every morning for the next week. I won't be using oil the entire time, but probably most of it. I keep pretty good track on a spreadsheet, both with pictures and actual measurements, so I'll post any results here :).

MeAndTheMaz
January 21st, 2015, 07:00 PM
Wow. The scientific approach. Can't have that! :p

rina06
January 22nd, 2015, 03:52 AM
I did this last month thinking that the process was to massage while inverting for 4 minutes and got no results.
This month, after reading this thread, I tried massaging first for 4 minutes - then inverting and got results of just shy of an inch in a week! ( I've only measured my front layer though)

LeMimi13
January 22nd, 2015, 04:07 AM
I'm doing with no oil, do you think it would work? It's impossible yo apply oil everyday when I'm trying not to wash it so often

LeMimi13
January 22nd, 2015, 04:07 AM
Sorry for the DP: really?? It's massaging first and then hanging? Omg I nneed to try it lile that!

Jennah
January 22nd, 2015, 07:37 AM
Oh, I´m on.

I´m going to start doing this again but not every single day, maybe a few days throughout the month and see what happens.

I tried it before but I´d get soooooo soooooo dizzy, OMG. I had to take a few minutes for my head to get straight after doing that. Maybe I´ll do it for shorter periods too maybe a couple minutes. And I think I´ll use coconut oil for it too, but just a dab on the fingers and see what happens.

I´ve been shedding quite a bit after being at the beach for two months and going in the water almost every day and my hair has thinned out, but I noticed the top of the head is still thick so I want "that" to grow long now so that I can trim the bottom. :)

Belle Paix
January 22nd, 2015, 08:56 AM
Started today: 6 mins, no oil, but it's day 4 w/o washing, so my hair was plenty oily (I know - eew). Massaged for half of the time, hung for the other half. Then I washed, conditioned, and finished with a caffeine rinse. I'm going to do it for a full week, but obviously, where I'm also taking vitamins, and doing the caffeine rinses, it'll be hard to say what growth would be credited to this method.

battles
January 27th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm doing it again. :p

I'm trying castor oil at my temples to try to fill in some sparse areas, but no oil anywhere else. I'm going to try massaging for longer periods of time and then putting my head upside down.

MeAndTheMaz
January 27th, 2015, 10:41 PM
I did this last month thinking that the process was to massage while inverting for 4 minutes and got no results.
This month, after reading this thread, I tried massaging first for 4 minutes - then inverting and got results of just shy of an inch in a week! ( I've only measured my front layer though)

Sorry for the DP: really?? It's massaging first and then hanging? Omg I need to try it like that!

See. I thought it was massage inverted for a few minutes, then done. I can certainly see the advantage of hanging your head for a bit after.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong too? :confused:

LeMimi13
January 28th, 2015, 04:48 AM
It doesn't work for me... waiting agsin to try it out..

Jennah
January 28th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Ack! I don´t know if this is worth it for having more growth....

I felt like :puke:, then like I was going to bleed from the nose and completely dizzy :dizzy: and a headache :headache:

I couldn´t even do it for a minute. :(

Begemot
January 30th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Oh no Jennah :( That sounds really bad. I have massaged my scalp without inverting and it's also supposed to be good for your hair growth so maybe you could try that.

I'm going to start with this again and hope for the best!

Jennah
January 30th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Oh no Jennah :( That sounds really bad. I have massaged my scalp without inverting and it's also supposed to be good for your hair growth so maybe you could try that.

I'm going to start with this again and hope for the best!

Thanks! :heart:

I was doing the head between the legs while sitting so the other night I tried the head down from the bed and it wasn´t as bad, but I still don´t like it and feel too :brains:

Good luck to you!

LeMimi13
February 1st, 2015, 03:35 PM
I think I'll give this a try again... but I ghink I might naturally br at my best growth rate, so ir might not work

LeMimi13
February 3rd, 2015, 04:32 PM
Question: would it work with no oil? Im trying this, hut I cant oil my scalp without rinsing after.. besides,.its a mess

Arete
February 4th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Question: would it work with no oil? Im trying this, hut I cant oil my scalp without rinsing after.. besides,.its a mess

Yes, I have done it twice without oil and gotten results both times

niane
February 4th, 2015, 01:18 AM
HI everyone, well this is my first post so I will tell you alittle about me, Im 54 have always been a very light blonde, very thin, fine and straight hair and I have white eyebrows and eyelashes. I have had long hair the last 5 years. It grew really fast the first 2 years, was 19"long, then I was diagnoised with hypothyroid and my hair stop growing and massive hair loss. My hair length was only 13" when I start to grow my hair and as of last night it was 22" long, so only grew 3" in the last 3 years. Last night I had a very bad situation where I burnt 5" off the bottom and the hair around my face so today I had to go to the salon and have it cut off, so I measured my hair and Im back at 13" again, ugh so today is the 1st day I will start the Inversion Method without oil since I have my daughters 30th birthday party tomorrow night and its very hard for me to get the oil out of my hair. In the last 5 years I have not blow dried, straighten, curled my hair. I have never dyed or highlighted my hair and Im now going platinum blonde which I just love. So I will check in to update my progress. Wishing everyone much luck this week. Niane

MeAndTheMaz
February 4th, 2015, 08:22 AM
Welcome to TLHC and this thread niane. From what I'm reading, you've gone from 13" to 22" in three years (unless I'm reading it wrong), so that's not so bad. The good people here will surely help you on your way to your (ever increasing, you'll see) goals.

What is the oil supposed to do, anyway? Make your scalp greasy so the hair slides right out? :)

So, I'm in the middle of my third go 'round. I'm trying an experiment. Every other day, I'm doing two sessions. One morning, one evening. Unfortunately, as always, I have no real metrics to go by. No measurements, no pictures, no normal growth rates to compare.

maryalana
February 4th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Okay, I'm in. Anything to grow my hair back! I dream of having hair long enough to put in a ponytail and right now I am about one inch away from getting the pesky little hairs behind my ears up and out of my face.

I actually started a few days ago, I just wasn't sure if I could commit to it. Found out that I'm just as good at watching tv upside-down as I am upright :D Today will be day 4 so I'll report back in a few days to let you know if I had any success. As I'm growing out roots it should be easy to measure growth.

niane
February 5th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Welcome to TLHC and this thread niane. From what I'm reading, you've gone from 13" to 22" in three years (unless I'm reading it wrong), so that's not so bad. The good people here will surely help you on your way to your (ever increasing, you'll see) goals.

What is the oil supposed to do, anyway? Make your scalp greasy so the hair slides right out? :)

So, I'm in the middle of my third go 'round. I'm trying an experiment. Every other day, I'm doing two sessions. One morning, one evening. Unfortunately, as always, I have no real metrics to go by. No measurements, no pictures, no normal growth rates to compare.

I went from 13" to 19" the first 2 years then the diagnosed with hypothyroid and hair stopped growing, only went from 19" to 22" the last 3 years so 1" growth in the last 3 years, so hate having hypo it really makes you feel super bad.
Oh wow you didn't measure the first day of IM, umm maybe you will be able to tell the growth from looking in the mirror.
What I plan on doing is IM this week with no oil, then next month on the 3rd again, do the IM with the oil to see if it makes a difference, maybe if I see results then in April 3 do it again with the best results I get with or without oil, maybe try to experiment with coffee/caffeine or maybe hair vitamins, depends on the results.
What stopped the hair loss was a pill I take called Hair Essentials, it has been tested and proven to work in women with hair loss due to medical problems and menopause, so I might start taking those again.
I measure my hair alittle different than the site says how, since it says to measure from the front hairline to the crown and back down to the ends of hair, but Im starting to have a receding hairline already lost about a inch. I used to have a widow's peak but now its just straight across, that bothers me the most about my hair loss

niane
February 5th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I went from 13" to 19" the first 2 years then the diagnosed with hypothyroid and hair stopped growing, only went from 19" to 22" the last 3 years so 3" growth in the last 3 years, so hate having hypo it really makes you feel super bad.
Oh wow you didn't measure the first day of IM, umm maybe you will be able to tell the growth from looking in the mirror.
What I plan on doing is IM this week with no oil, then next month on the 3rd again, do the IM with the oil to see if it makes a difference, maybe if I see results then in April 3 do it again with the best results I get with or without oil, maybe try to experiment with coffee/caffeine or maybe hair vitamins, depends on the results.
What stopped the hair loss was a pill I take called Hair Essentials, it has been tested and proven to work in women with hair loss due to medical problems and menopause, so I might start taking those again.
I measure my hair alittle different than the site says how, since it says to measure from the front hairline to the crown and back down to the ends of hair, but Im starting to have a receding hairline already lost about a inch. I used to have a widow's peak but now its just straight across, that bothers me the most about my hair loss
Oh sorry only 3" the last 3 year, 1" a year

LeMimi13
February 5th, 2015, 09:33 AM
I think I only did like 1 min yesterdag:s

lapushka
February 5th, 2015, 03:59 PM
My hair is washed upside down weekly, and that takes about 12-15 min. (with double conditioning and all). Yes, seriously it takes that long. I think I can see that as a sort of inversion method. Still, my hair grows at a normal rate, about half an inch a month. I'm not complaining. Just stating that I think inversion doesn't do much (not for me anyway).

niane
February 7th, 2015, 07:29 AM
My hair is washed upside down weekly, and that takes about 12-15 min. (with double conditioning and all). Yes, seriously it takes that long. I think I can see that as a sort of inversion method. Still, my hair grows at a normal rate, about half an inch a month. I'm not complaining. Just stating that I think inversion doesn't do much (not for me anyway).

wow it takes you that long to just wash your hair, wow that's along time to hold your head over. Well Im on day 5 of inversion so 2 more days, I haven't measure yet, I hope I get a surprise lol. My daughter has been using pills for growth, they are called IT Works for hair, skin, nails and already seen almost 2" in growth and her balding spots are filling in too, so maybe I will give those a try next month

lapushka
February 7th, 2015, 08:09 AM
wow it takes you that long to just wash your hair, wow that's along time to hold your head over. Well Im on day 5 of inversion so 2 more days, I haven't measure yet, I hope I get a surprise lol. My daughter has been using pills for growth, they are called IT Works for hair, skin, nails and already seen almost 2" in growth and her balding spots are filling in too, so maybe I will give those a try next month

Well it's not constantly down, when the conditioner goes in, I'm basically upright, so that's about 4 minutes to subtract from that. Yeah, it takes that long.

NuclearApple
February 7th, 2015, 08:12 AM
And that is because inversion method is meant to be done max once a month for a week, your scalp is used to your washing routine, there is no shock so your hair grows normally; if you do the method once a month for a whole week the scalp will receive a shock, as the blood flow increases, and this will promote hair growth. Obviously the growth rate varies from person to person.
:o

lapushka
February 7th, 2015, 09:16 AM
And that is because inversion method is meant to be done max once a month for a week, your scalp is used to your washing routine, there is no shock so your hair grows normally; if you do the method once a month for a whole week the scalp will receive a shock, as the blood flow increases, and this will promote hair growth. Obviously the growth rate varies from person to person.
:o

I... don't know about that, and the fact that "scalp" can be "shocked". :)

maryalana
February 8th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Well, I'm not really sure if it worked or not... My hair seems to have grown about a quarter of an inch in the last week but the growth isn't even. Think that I'll have to try again next month. If nothing else, my head really liked all the oils and massages :)

NuclearApple
February 9th, 2015, 01:01 PM
I... don't know about that, and the fact that "scalp" can be "shocked". :)

I think it makes sense, I saw many people who actually have had results from the IM, so I believe it works :o even if i'm too lazy to try a full week xD

niane
February 9th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Well the IM did not work for me:( I used no oil, massage for 3 minutes and also did a massage with inverted. I was at 13" the first day of IM and today still at 13", if the IM did anything, I no longer have shedding, so that's a plus, not 1 strain of hair has fallen out, Happy, Happy, Happy;) I did however pick some Monistat at the store today so well be testing that method next, starting tomorrow, I was gonna add caffeine pills with it, but couldn't find any in my town, and I have virgin hair and its platinum blonde so I don't want staining or discoloration, so Monistat alone. I will be applying it once a week for 4 weeks.
I had high hopes for the IM since I hate my hair cut, not that's its to short, just hate the cut and I it looks as if I have massive split ends or breakage, it should look smooth and healthy since I cut 9" off and had it layered, the ends of my hair stick out and bottom flips up, its feels very soft to touch. I did have it cut at Super Cuts, it was a emergency situation, since I burnt it, maybe I should go to a salon for a 2nd opinion.

lapushka
February 10th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I had high hopes for the IM since I hate my hair cut, not that's its to short, just hate the cut and I it looks as if I have massive split ends or breakage, it should look smooth and healthy since I cut 9" off and had it layered, the ends of my hair stick out and bottom flips up, its feels very soft to touch. I did have it cut at Super Cuts, it was a emergency situation, since I burnt it, maybe I should go to a salon for a 2nd opinion.

Maybe it's been through enough, and your best bet is leaving it alone. If you keep cutting it, it will never grow long. ;)

niane
February 11th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Maybe it's been through enough, and your best bet is leaving it alone. If you keep cutting it, it will never grow long. ;)
Im not planning on cutting it any time soon, just maybe a trim every 6 months. Yes maybe I should just leave it alone and let it do its own thing

Begemot
February 15th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Finally managed to start inverting! Last few weeks I would rub my scalp one day, then forget about it and after few days I would massage a little and forget it again. But now it's day two for me and I'm going to see this through. Three to four minutes of massaging while inverted, no oiling for me. I think I'm not going to trim my hair until summer and meanwhile just do the inversion method regularly and see what happens.

rina06
February 15th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Im currently on day 4. Im using castor and coconut oil to massage - when I'm planning to wash my hair that night or the next morning

Achlys
February 15th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I've started using my caffeine shampoo again. It doesn't probably contain very much, though. I've been washing my hair bent at waist anyway, so I incorporated massage into my washing routine. I use a caffeine and menthol spray on scalp and massage while conditioner is sitting on the length. On other days I've dry massaged, used an EO spray, or just brushed inverted, but not every day. I tried oil a couple times, but I'm too lazy for that. I started doing this at the beginning of February. I had hennaed a few days earlier, and I intend not to do my roots before the month is over.

I think I'll stop the bending from now on, it's not good for my back.

rina06
February 15th, 2015, 11:25 PM
I've started using my caffeine shampoo again. It doesn't probably contain very much, though. I've been washing my hair bent at waist anyway, so I incorporated massage into my washing routine. I use a caffeine and menthol spray on scalp and massage while conditioner is sitting on the length. On other days I've dry massaged, used an EO spray, or just brushed inverted, but not every day. I tried oil a couple times, but I'm too lazy for that. I started doing this at the beginning of February. I had hennaed a few days earlier, and I intend not to do my roots before the month is over.

I think I'll stop the bending from now on, it's not good for my back.

i know you do this in the shower but I've been hanging off of my bed, as per recommendations in this thread, and dont seem to have any issues with bending or soreness :)

Achlys
February 17th, 2015, 05:26 PM
i know you do this in the shower but I've been hanging off of my bed, as per recommendations in this thread, and dont seem to have any issues with bending or soreness :)

I've thought about it and will try probably. It's just somewhat uncomfortable with the way my bed is positioned in my ŕoom. I'll need to add a chair to one side of it. I've been washing hair separately from my body, and bending over the bath. Now thinking of reuniting them, as there's no reason to separate if I'm not bending.

copperlites
February 17th, 2015, 06:29 PM
I'm keen to give this a try so I'm starting today. I'm going to use coconut oil infused with rosemary and peppermint.

rina06
February 17th, 2015, 07:32 PM
Inversion method done for the month! I've decided that I love scalp massages more when I'm using an oil.
Now last time I waited a week before measuring so to be consistent - I'll measure my front layer again on the 25th

Nivine
February 18th, 2015, 09:08 AM
I do the IM every time I oil my hair. That's not everyday tho because I go places and can't keep my hair oiled everyday. So basically I oil my hair as pre-wash, do the inversion method for full 5 minutes and wrap my hair and leave it no less than 2 hours, or if I can.. a whole night.

I do that for a month now, and tbh with you all, I did notice a difference. I had my last haircut in November and didn't cut my hair since. I have those shorter front locks and bangs and I noticed they both grew faster than the back-of-my-head hair (because basically I massage the top of my head more than the back) my mother trimmed my bangs for me on Jan, then again on Feb because it grew fast. But I swear.. those short locks I have grew longer and they could almost be as long as the rest of my hair.

missblueeyes
February 21st, 2015, 05:37 AM
I did the Inversion Method for a full 7 days without any results whatsoever. I'm kinda disappointed, really. I'll measure again after wash day, though. Maybe my braid / bun waves meddle with the outcome.

Shibe
February 27th, 2015, 07:14 AM
I forgot I made this thread- holy moly, didn't expect it to get so long :thud:

Knifegill
February 27th, 2015, 07:39 AM
I'm still invert massage almost daily

rina06
February 27th, 2015, 08:21 AM
I dont think I've grown anything at all this month :confused: weird, since I scalp massaged more and oiled heaps

Knifegill
February 28th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Wife was looking at my hair and thinks it must be an inch a month, but I haven't measured.

M-L-E
February 28th, 2015, 07:16 AM
I did this a few months back and got .5" in just over a week. Can i be certain it was the inversion method, though? Probably not. It could have been any number of factors, and as I have posted before, my hair growth tends to grow in random spurts... But I think the inversion method is good for you, in yoga many poses involve being inverted and they make you feel more awake and energised:)

MeAndTheMaz
March 1st, 2015, 08:25 AM
Jeez, has it been four weeks already? Time to get back to it.

I did this a few months back and got .5" in just over a week. Can i be certain it was the inversion method, though? Probably not. It could have been any number of factors, and as I have posted before, my hair growth tends to grow in random spurts... But I think the inversion method is good for you, in yoga many poses involve being inverted and they make you feel more awake and energised:)

You can always do it again and see what happens.

M-L-E
March 16th, 2015, 06:51 AM
Jeez, has it been four weeks already? Time to get back to it.

You can always do it again and see what happens.

I have been meaning to for a while now, but I always end up forgetting about it! Will try again starting this week, and post any results on this thread :)

Avital88
March 24th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Anyone still doing this? Im on day 3 of inversion method today, iT feels longer already, im excited to take my picture on sunday.

IndyAndy
March 24th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Anyone still doing this? Im on day 3 of inversion method today, iT feels longer already, im excited to take my picture on sunday.

! Day 4 for me, I'm not oiling because my hair can't handle it but I've been doing a scalp massage while inverted for 4 minutes in the morning. (My children think I look hilarious with my head between my knees and my fingers on my scalp) I'm trying not to look for growth as I know a lot of people don't experience any with this method, but I'll try anything once ;) before starting I had just barely visible roots (1.5mm-ish) from my last henna so I'm going to use that as my benchmark for any growth.

MeAndTheMaz
March 24th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I am. Started Sunday. No oil.

It seems like I grew about two inches in three months (been doing monthly for about that long). Don't know what my rate would be if I wasn't doing inversion, but two in three seems a bit more than "average". I'll stick with it for a while.

PennyQuin
March 25th, 2015, 12:30 AM
I have been doing this since January, once a month, all 7 days, for 5 minutes. Most of the days I don't use oil since I'm into no poo. What I can say about it? It really really works, at least for me!!. Last year I gained pretty good results (From BSL to WL) so I decided doing this all this year and see if I can reach TBL+.

Of course, my hair now grows pretty fast and all, but I don't wash my hair pretty often and I'm really not sure if that affect the growth rate. Since I stopped using hair products, shampoos and stuff my hair just got crazy growing. I'm not measuring anymore but I will start a experiment and track it on Youtube. I have already planned all the inversion weeks of the year (avoiding them to match with the period) and have them marked on my calendar with the birthdays... no way of missing by now. My next IM will be on the 2nd week of April.

MeAndTheMaz
March 25th, 2015, 07:05 AM
I have been doing this since January, once a month, all 7 days, for 5 minutes. Most of the days I don't use oil since I'm into no poo. What I can say about it? It really really works, at least for me!!. Last year I gained pretty good results (From BSL to WL) so I decided doing this all this year and see if I can reach TBL+.

Of course, my hair now grows pretty fast and all, but I don't wash my hair pretty often and I'm really not sure if that affect the growth rate. Since I stopped using hair products, shampoos and stuff my hair just got crazy growing. I'm not measuring anymore but I will start a experiment and track it on Youtube. I have already planned all the inversion weeks of the year (avoiding them to match with the period) and have them marked on my calendar with the birthdays... no way of missing by now. My next IM will be on the 2nd week of April.

I've done that also. I even threw in a couple bonus weeks (waiting only three weeks, rather than four), so I've "scheduled" about 15 or 16 sessions this year.

missrandie
April 22nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
So, I inverted for a week, then left on vacation for a wedding. It is now two weeks since my start, and I have had a confirmed half inch of growth. From hairline to nape was 13 1/4 when I started, and is now 13 3/4. The hair on top my head was 4 3/4 inches long and is now 5 1/4 inches long. I am suitably impressed! Definitely going to keep it up.

My method was to hang off my bed and use my scalp tingler for 5 minutes, sometimes with peppermint oil.

Akville
April 22nd, 2015, 12:21 PM
I would love to massage my scalp everyday(no oil) the whole year.. does anybody knows if you really have to do a pause??? and why is that.. Im massaging my scalp with oil only once a week, day before wash...

Akville
April 22nd, 2015, 12:35 PM
What I mean is: does anyone knows if scalp can get used to massages and start to grow slower after a while?

cat11
April 22nd, 2015, 06:47 PM
Ugh, I've tried to start this a couple times but I never followed through. I just started using my computer calendar and tasks function to help me keep track of this kind of thing, so maybe with the use of that, scheduling the weeks on the calendar, it will help. I'm putting in the entries now, so hopefully I will be able to stick to it!!

Mammasaurusrex
April 22nd, 2015, 07:21 PM
Ugh, I've tried to start this a couple times but I never followed through. I just started using my computer calendar and tasks function to help me keep track of this kind of thing, so maybe with the use of that, scheduling the weeks on the calendar, it will help. I'm putting in the entries now, so hopefully I will be able to stick to it!!
I hope it works for you! I did this method for a week last month using coconut oil and didn't see much growth that week however I do feel like my hair grew a whole inch last month instead of the usual half inch I see so maybe it did help for me, maybe not. I am not sold yet on this method but I am trying it again this month just won't be using coconut oil while doing it.

yahirwaO.o
April 22nd, 2015, 07:28 PM
I have tried this with hair oil and shedding become crazy LOL!!!

I actually prefer just to brush my hair at night and the stimulation that a nice gentlle brushing session gives its good enought for me.

.... and somedays I feel my hands and finger tips are pretty dirty to put them on my head. :knuckle:

mzlbcmami
April 22nd, 2015, 07:31 PM
I LOVE inversion method. I only tried it once because I got lazy (shame on me I know) but it actually DID work. I did also use oil and enjoy a nice scalp massage. It felt so good and I could totally feel my blood flowing. I was so unsure of the method...but it worked. I'd love to do another one. ^_^

MeAndTheMaz
April 22nd, 2015, 09:21 PM
I would love to massage my scalp everyday(no oil) the whole year.. does anybody knows if you really have to do a pause??? and why is that.. Im massaging my scalp with oil only once a week, day before wash...

What I mean is: does anyone knows if scalp can get used to massages and start to grow slower after a while?

Yes. That's my understanding. If you do it all the time, your scalp becomes accustomed to it, and reverts to it's normal growth rate.

You can always try to do it every three weeks instead of every four. I find that by the end of a week I'm getting tired of doing it every day, so a few weeks off is okay by me.

hinabelle
April 22nd, 2015, 10:23 PM
I'm doing an inversion challenge that was unofficial but now it is official! I did one
for the last 7 days of the previous month, and plan to do the last 7 days of each
month for a year. I start month #2 this Friday! Last month I do believe I saw some
results. :)

cat11
April 30th, 2015, 01:45 PM
I'm doing this this month, this week, then starting again around the end of next month. I took a monthly length picture right before I began so I should be able to tell if it worked.

aurorae
April 30th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Im gonna be doing this from the 4th of this month to the 10th.

*hair you must produce that one inch,like it or yes*

kitcatsmeow
May 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM
Yesterday was day 3 for me! I def notice results when I do this. Since I'm washing today I used my cayenne hair growth oil and then castor oiled my scalp and did a coconut oil mask on my length.

Arete
May 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Starting my next round tonight! Going through a bit of a growth stall, so hoping this will help jump start my hair at least back to it's normal rate

kitcatsmeow
May 2nd, 2015, 06:43 AM
Well I forgot yesterday which would have been day 4. I did give myself a quick scalp massage before bed now I'm not sure if I should tack on another day or not? I guess I'll call today day 4!

cat11
May 5th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Tonight is my last night of inversion! I will have results on June 1st, and I will definately post them ! I feel like this thread has a lack of results. I took a pic of a month of untrimmed, unexperimented on, hair growth April 29th (not may 1 because I was about to wash and I take length pics towards the end of washes..just a days difference though which is negligible) so I'll be able to have a fairly accurate comparison!

found this experiment from a link off of a link I found early in the thread about oil vs not oil and thought it was great and very relevent since Im not using oil:
https://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/689/

kitcatsmeow
May 6th, 2015, 07:10 AM
cat11 great idea! looking forward to seeing your results. I have been terrible and only went 3 days. I'm unsure now whether I should continue or start over or wait until next month. :confused:

missblueeyes
May 6th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I totally forgot about inverting this month after day 2. :/ I'm terrible at this ever since I didn't see any progress when doing it for the first time. I'd personally start over next month, kitcatsmeow, just to be sure. :)

cat11
May 6th, 2015, 08:45 AM
cat11 great idea! looking forward to seeing your results. I have been terrible and only went 3 days. I'm unsure now whether I should continue or start over or wait until next month. :confused:

I did miss one day, but I just doubled up the next day to make up for it >_> oops

If it's only been a day or two I think you should continue! Maybe do one in the morning, then one at night, and then once a day for the remaining days?

missrandie
May 6th, 2015, 08:54 AM
I start my second round of inversion today! Last month I saw about an inch of hair growth, so it is time to do it again!

cat11
May 6th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Wow thats a lot of growth! That's very encouraging, thanks for sharing that !

Begemot
May 6th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Twice have I started inverting and twice have I forgot all about in three days :doh: How can it be so hard to remember this one thing?? Now I'm going to make a evening ritual of it. I'll invert before washing my hair and before going to bed.

Rapunzel_to_be
May 6th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Today was my seventh day inverting, and I'm currently sitting with oiled scalp and hair, so it will be exciting to see if I can notice any growth after I've washed it.. unfortunately I did not measure my length before I started, I just kind of know until where it reached me, so hoping to see a difference!

Waterlilly21
May 7th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Started first time doing inversion yesterday with castor oil and also afragreen total hair nutrition oil blend. Fingers crossed it works for me. I'm at chin length.

kitcatsmeow
May 7th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Started first time doing inversion yesterday with castor oil and also afragreen total hair nutrition oil blend. Fingers crossed it works for me. I'm at chin length.

Good luck I hope so too!

I'm gonna "try" and finish the next 4 days and definitely be more diligent about this next month.

divinedobbie
May 9th, 2015, 07:09 PM
I'm trying the inversion method for the first time. I've done it for three nights now. I measured out of curiosity and don't see any growth at all (and technically I should see 1/2" of growth if I was really going to grow 1" in a week like the article claims). I'm going to keep doing it for another 4 days but I mean I never actually expected this to work and there's no harm in doing it, so why not.

radiofreejenn
May 10th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I'm doing the inversion method! I haven't measured, so I'm going to gauge by pics. This is where I'm starting.

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z2lmj6.jpg

lilin
May 10th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Sure, why not! I admit I'm sceptical, but the worst that could happen is I give myself a head massage. I am trying to grow out a buzz, so nothing to lose really!

I'm going to do the inversion challenge without oil. I am WO right now, so I don't want to be adding oil to my scalp unnecessarily.

Today, my hair is 15/16th's of an inch long. On May 6 I measured it at 7/8th's of an inch (I measured for the the monthly progress thread). Based on that admittedly tiny snapshot of my growth over 4 days, I calculated that I am probably growing exactly a half inch every month. I think I am actually a little faster than that ordinarily (I grew about 3.5 inches in the previous 4 months, before I had to cut it off again), but I am under extreme stress right now and my diet has been up and down, so my growth rate might be a little slow compared to average.

So we shall see! I'm going to start tonight.

PalomaSincera
May 11th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I've been doing this for two weeks and I've finally gotten to CBL. But Im also doing other things so idk if it helped or not. I will continue to do it though!

unicornlady
May 11th, 2015, 06:01 PM
sorry for the double post! it was on accident

unicornlady
May 11th, 2015, 06:01 PM
For those (like me) who would not use oil every time... I'm wavy and co-wash and so much oil on my scalp would just not be a good idea.

(in case it has not been posted... it gives results too)

divinedobbie
May 11th, 2015, 06:25 PM
5 days in and absolutely no growth at all to report. I'll finish it for the sake of correct experimentation and science but it's pretty clear I'm not going to get any extra growth.

PalomaSincera
May 11th, 2015, 06:30 PM
5 days in and absolutely no growth at all to report. I'll finish it for the sake of correct experimentation and science but it's pretty clear I'm not going to get any extra growth.

I think 5 days is not enough to tell if it works or not. I don't measure my hair but I wouldn't expect it to ever grow fast enough to tell in 5 days. Maybe 3 weeks?

Has anyone noticed hair growth within a week? Maybe I should start measuring my hair.

divinedobbie
May 11th, 2015, 07:03 PM
I think 5 days is not enough to tell if it works or not. I don't measure my hair but I wouldn't expect it to ever grow fast enough to tell in 5 days. Maybe 3 weeks?

Has anyone noticed hair growth within a week? Maybe I should start measuring my hair.

That's my point, hair doesn't grow fast enough to see a measurable difference in one week. But this "inversion method" is claiming that your hair will grow a full inch in one week. Others have reported 0.5"+ growth in a week.

cat11
May 11th, 2015, 07:04 PM
I'm personally waiting until the end of the month to compare growth. I dont see how I could tell in a week since I dont take weekly pics to compare a non inversion week to

divinedobbie
May 11th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Here's a quote directly from the article:

WHEN WILL I NOTICE HAIR GROWTH? I WANT RESULTS … NOW! :-x I usually have measurable results (about 1/4″ give or take) after day 3 or 4. On day 8 (when I measure my hair), it’s a 1/2″ longer (or more) than when I started.

And many other blogs/articles/members are claiming similar results. So technically if it was going to work, I should notice at least 1/4" by now but I measure very precisely and I've seen absolutely no growth.

cat11
May 12th, 2015, 10:18 PM
That's lame :( Sorry it didnt work for you... im Trying not to get discouraged... maybe it works for some and not for others?

vpatt
May 12th, 2015, 10:25 PM
I wonder why they say to only do this 7 days out of a month?

vpatt
May 12th, 2015, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know why you should only do this seven days out of thirty?

cat11
May 13th, 2015, 12:01 AM
It's because if you do it every day your scalp gets used to it so it's not a "boost" of blood flow. it works because the increased blood flow makes the hair follicles produce more hair than usual

Smky_Mtn_Echo
May 13th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Day 1 for me.
I did both massage and hanging upside down off the couch. I didn't use oil though as we're going to the fitness center shortly. Next month I'll use oil (our membership is almost up).

radiofreejenn
May 13th, 2015, 06:39 AM
I did day 3 last night and I swear I can see growth already. Or maybe I have wishful thinking. I'll take pics Sunday and see.

vpatt
May 13th, 2015, 07:35 AM
It's because if you do it every day your scalp gets used to it so it's not a "boost" of blood flow. it works because the increased blood flow makes the hair follicles produce more hair than usual

Thank you! Sorry for the two posts....it looked like the first one did not go thru and then, of course, they both did.

vpatt
May 13th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I am on day three....I am not using oil as I use it before I wash and didn't want to wash everyday. I use coconut oil, castor oil and Jamaican Mango and Lime at least once a week. Either one of those oils or a combo of all three.

radiofreejenn
May 13th, 2015, 07:42 AM
I am on day three....I am not using oil as I use it before I wash and didn't want to wash everyday. I use coconut oil, castor oil and Jamaican Mango and Lime at least once a week. Either one of those oils or a combo of all three.

I'm not using oil either. I only wash every 3-4 days as it is. I might do oil next month to see if there's a difference.

vpatt
May 13th, 2015, 08:30 AM
How do I subscribe to this thread?

radiofreejenn
May 13th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Go up to where it says "Thread Tools" above the first post on this page and it should be in the drop down options.

divinedobbie
May 13th, 2015, 04:25 PM
So 7 days are up and I am sad to report not even 1 mm of growth. I will report back again at the end of the month in case I do get extra growth (maybe my follicles will jump start later).

Good luck to everyone else trying this. I recommend very carefully measuring your hair before and after to see if you're actually getting results or whether it's a placebo effect.

vpatt
May 15th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Day five and I believe I see a difference! I pulled up the front (what used to be my bangs) and it is at at least 1/4" longer...possibly a bit more. It is not an exact science with me measuring, lol. Not enough for me to tell just by looking in the mirror.....but I will probably try this for a while until I get APL length. I'm really looking forward to APL so that I can put my hair up better. I like it with a clip, but will clips damage hair?

Horrorpops
May 18th, 2015, 02:19 AM
Hi guys and gals I am currently doing an inversion week, starting last Friday. I have 4 days left before I measure and take another picture... it'll be interesting to see if any growth actually happens. I am not oiling my scalp every night but inverting and massaging scalp for 4.5minutes every evening.

I'll keep you posted! :)

PS DivineDobbie I can totally see this happening for me too. I am sorry to hear you didn't have any additional growth (but regular growth is still good). Still, it's good to try new things isn't it? And I do love scalp massages!

lilin
May 18th, 2015, 06:16 AM
I did it for a week and haven't seen any change, apart from the 1/6 to 1/5 inch I would normally expect in that period of time.

My hair is just over an inch long right now, so there is not much chance I measured wrong -- or at least not wrong enough to miss 1/2 to 1 inch of growth.

I can't say I'm terribly surprised, but I figured why not -- I could always do with more head massages.

vpatt
May 18th, 2015, 04:04 PM
My 7 days ended yesterday. I do believe I got a quarter inch.....but it is hard to be sure because of the layers....I will continue trying this. It can't hurt.

Mammasaurusrex
May 18th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see results from this? I don't see any growth the week of. I do see more growth that month overall though than during months where I skipped the week of inversion method. Im doing it again this week to see if by the end of June I can be complete shoulder length instead of just barely shoulder length.

Horrorpops
May 24th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Hey guys, soooo I did my inversion and scalp massage from Friday last week (15th) to friday of this week (22nd). I measured and took pictures today because I was too busy on the Friday but I think I actually got results... which to be honest I wasn't expecting.

Attached are two comparison pics: left is today, right is last week
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17404&d=1432472692
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17405&d=1432472724

What do you guys think? When I stretched my waves out it measured 28.5 inches... last week it measured between 27 and 27.5 inches... it doesn't look like I've grown an inch in a week from the pictures alone so I am still skeptical. I massaged my scalp without oil during a 4.5min inversion every night except for when I massaged my scalp with coconut and castor oil twice before washes.

However my hair has grown somewhat and all the head massages were nice. :)

hinabelle
May 24th, 2015, 09:54 PM
I start my 3rd month of inversion tomorrow! I've been looking forward to it! :D

cat11
May 25th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Horrorpops, it does look to me like your hair has visibly grown in the week. However I don't know about the exact measurement, and wavy hair can be very hard to consistently measure. But it does look like it got more growth in a week than hair normally would. It would be nice if you had a pic of the week before that too so we could see a normal week's growth

Lianna
May 25th, 2015, 06:28 PM
I just read this whole thread and I have a question. Why can't the obese do it? Have any overweight ladies/gents tried it?

cat11
May 25th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Lianna, I'm pretty sure it's because of high blood pressure making the added blood flow to the head unsafe. Ive also heard inverting (though for therapy) can cause muscle strains depending on how obese the person is

Horrorpops
May 26th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Cat11, I was thinking the same... waves are so tricky to measure. :/ I might take another picture this Friday to determine that a non-inversion week growth is like..
Normally i grow about an inch every two months (average) or a bit slower.

I just read this whole thread and I have a question. Why can't the obese do it? Have any overweight ladies/gents tried it?

Lianna I think its not necessarily that being overweight means you can't invert, but rather its good to consult with a doctor if you are in a higher risk group (due to weight, blood pressure or other systematic conditons) that can be affected with changes of body positioning (E.g. hypertension, hypotension, glaucoma). I think its a better safe than sorry approach. However if an individual is overweight but healthy and active, with normal blood pressure and no underlying conditions it isn't likely to be harmful. :)
Edited to add: seconding Cat11 here! Didn't see their post.
(TL,DR I think it is to avoid negative health and legal outcomes)

Lianna
May 26th, 2015, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I saw the warning for high blood pressure, but they added one just for obesity.

vpatt
May 31st, 2015, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I saw the warning for high blood pressure, but they added one just for obesity.

My yoga instructor always warned us against inversions if we had any cold or allergy head stuffiness. I don't think it would cause major problems, but I'm sure it might cause a headache or make your head more stuffy and uncomfortable. I think most people would recognize that feeling and stop.

I think I am going to try the seven days again. But this time I will get someone else to measure for me both before and after.

Nymphe
October 6th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Is anyone still doing this? I may try this for the fun of it.

Arete
October 6th, 2016, 07:52 AM
I'm planning on starting one on friday

Arete
October 6th, 2016, 08:00 AM
If also like to add I've had definitive, measurable success with this method (scientist here, so very skeptical initially), and I think it's just one of those things that works for some and not for others

Pacific
October 6th, 2016, 08:47 AM
I started today, but I don't use oil on my scalp.

Nymphe
October 7th, 2016, 12:11 AM
I massaged for 4 minutes without oil, then inverted, head hanging off my bed, for 4 minutes. Six more days...

QuietVixen
October 7th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I'm on day 5 out of 7 on the inversion method. My hair was exactly 3 inches from APL prior to starting. I'll post any measurement I may get from this.

Pacific
October 7th, 2016, 07:07 AM
I found a coffein scalp water in my stash which I'll use from today before scalp massaging for the next 6 days.

DarkChocolate
October 7th, 2016, 10:51 AM
I am in:) I will start tonight and use coconut oil.

vampyyri
October 7th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I'll have a crack at it for fun/because I'm curious, I'll start tonight. No oil here, got enough of that xD

Nymphe
October 7th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I have done my 4 & 4 today, five days left...

hopefulred
October 8th, 2016, 04:59 AM
I started yesterday no oil though. Can you do this every day? Or does it only work if you do it 7days of the month?

Nymphe
October 8th, 2016, 06:05 AM
I started yesterday no oil though. Can you do this every day? Or does it only work if you do it 7days of the month?

The idea behind the seven days was to make sure the scalp did not get used to the method, making it ineffective later. I have read about others doing it the whole month and getting a variety of results: either nothing, more length, or more thickness. It depends on the individual's physiology.

As for me, if I receive some extra growth, I will shoot for every other week and increase my protein intake.

Nymphe
October 8th, 2016, 05:01 PM
My 4 & 4 is complete, four days left...

Nymphe
October 9th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Today, I gave my hair and scalp a treatment, so I just inverted for five minute, skipping the massage. Three days to go...

hopefulred
October 9th, 2016, 11:21 AM
I think I will do this too, every other week sounds good I quite like doin it as it's quite relaxing a de-dressing having the massage

Nymphe
October 10th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Four minute massage, four minute inversion, and two days left...

kittengirl
October 10th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I'm starting this tonight; curious to see if it works.

Nymphe
October 11th, 2016, 08:45 PM
I just finished my 4 & 4. How are the rest of you doing?

Pacific
October 12th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Tomorrow is my last day.

vampyyri
October 12th, 2016, 10:29 AM
I'll have a crack at it for fun/because I'm curious, I'll start tonight. No oil here, got enough of that xD

Whoops. Forgot about this :lol:

CrazyWaves
October 12th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I'm starting this tonight. I'm going to try it without the oil though. I think putting oil on my scalp every day for a week would end up making me break out horribly.

I do have a question though... Would lying on my bed with my head hanging over the side have the same effect? I have back issues and bending too far at the waist for too long starts to hurt.

Hollylocks
October 12th, 2016, 10:37 AM
I'm going to give this a go again, I have done it before by just standing, flipping my head over towards my feet and massaging -without any oil- for 5 mins, everyday for 7 days. I think I did see some difference, but I stupidly forgot to measure my hair beforehand so I can be sure :rolleyes: Will try to remember to measure this time!

Hollylocks
October 12th, 2016, 10:50 AM
I'm starting this tonight. I'm going to try it without the oil though. I think putting oil on my scalp every day for a week would end up making me break out horribly.

I do have a question though... Would lying on my bed with my head hanging over the side have the same effect? I have back issues and bending too far at the waist for too long starts to hurt.

It should still work as well without the oil, I think it's the massaging that helps to stimulate the hair follicles to grow, along with inverting the head to help the blood flow to the scalp. Hanging your head over the bed, or sitting in a chair and leaning down towards your feet should work fine :)

I'm going to start this again soon too and will report back on how it goes!

Good luck, I hope it works for you :)

Nymphe
October 12th, 2016, 11:03 AM

That is what I have been doing. I can feel the blood rushing to my head.

Nymphe
October 12th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I will invert again after a week's break - headache today. I measured and got 0.5"!

CreatureBailey
October 12th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I'm in. I do this every now and then. Thanks for reminded me I need to get at it again! XD

QuietVixen
October 15th, 2016, 05:33 AM
I'm on day 5 out of 7 on the inversion method. My hair was exactly 3 inches from APL prior to starting. I'll post any measurement I may get from this.

I completed 5 days out of 7 only because I didn't want to test my body due to headaches. I haven't gotten any extra growth so far, but I'll post at the end of the month too.

Pacific
October 15th, 2016, 08:21 AM
During this week I too hadn't any growth.

vampyyri
October 15th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I did this last night, I just need to remember to do it before bed until next Friday. I measured beforehand so I'll report back once the week is up.

Nymphe
October 15th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Annoying, it made my greys grow even faster...

Mrstran
October 15th, 2016, 06:18 PM
I did this on oct 2nd- 7th. Before doing this I had my hair chopped off, so if stretched it would touch the bottom of my collar bone. On the 12th I could see a noticeable difference and am now measuring an inch more than I was. I don't even have to stretch my hair to see it's about an inch below the bone now. Don't get me wrong though, I still am questioning this thinking I must have messed up somewhere. I'm going to do it again on November 2nd and see if I get similar results.

Nymphe
October 23rd, 2016, 09:21 PM
I am back for week two, staring tonight.

Pacific
October 24th, 2016, 05:11 AM
I'll give it another try on November 1st.

Nymphe
October 24th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Two minutes of massage (no oil) and four minutes of inversion, day two is complete.

I got 1" total in four weeks, which is rare for me.

LaísB
October 26th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I did the inversion method last week. It always works in my hair, it grows about 1-2cm every time.

LaísB
October 26th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I did the inversion method last week. It always works in my hair, it grows about 1-2cm every time.

also I forgot to say that I only oil it twice! (I don't know how to edit that post to add it)

Nymphe
October 27th, 2016, 05:22 PM
also I forgot to say that I only oil it twice! (I don't know how to edit that post to add it)

There should be an Edit button next to the Reply button on your posts.

I am going to see if no massaging yields the same results.

mizukitty
October 28th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Okay, today is my second day of trying this since I never have. I'm using a vibrating scalp massager thingie for the 4 minute massage part since I, for some reason (probably due to my long nails), don't like touching my scalp with my fingers, much less scrubbing it around. And then follow with the inversion bit. I'm a little skeptical but I do think this method brings a lot of blood flow to the head. We shall see!

Nymphe
October 28th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I did a rice water treatment, massaging into my hair and scalp, so I inverted under a plastic cap and towel before rinsing.

ANoteToSelf
November 2nd, 2016, 04:26 AM
I started November 1st so the days would not confuse me. I have an alarm set around bedtime.

I start by brushing all of my hair back, then I massage my scalp until my arthritis won't let me anymore(hahaha) but mostly I do it until my scalp gets tingly--around 5mins. Next, I invert on my stomach off the bed and begin brushing my hair toward the floor. I do this to coat all of my hair and stimulate the back of my scalp. I invert for two minutes on my stomach, then flip over on my back and let my hair hang off the bed and finish the last two minutes of inversion with a little more massaging(couldn't hurt?).

I'll check back in at the end of the month. Right now, my bangs measure 7.5" root to tip.

Arete
November 2nd, 2016, 05:24 AM
I need to do this, but lately I've been so exhausted I just flomp into bed after getting home from clinicals. I just trimmed off 2" so an extra bit of growth would be nice.

Nymphe
November 3rd, 2016, 10:50 AM
I did it for six days, but missed a day in the middle. I think my roots got a bit thicker. I will take that even if I get no length.

Mrstran
November 3rd, 2016, 11:44 AM
I did it for six days, but missed a day in the middle. I think my roots got a bit thicker. I will take that even if I get no length.

Did you just get done this week? I'm on day 2 today. What oils are you using for your inversion?
I used coconut, olive, and caster last month.
This month I'm alternating essential oils and my regularly used oils every other day now.

Nymphe
November 3rd, 2016, 11:52 AM
Did you just get done this week? I'm on day 2 today. What oils are you using for your inversion?
I used coconut, olive, and caster last month.
This month I'm alternating essential oils and my regularly used oils every other day now.

No oils, I already have a slight trace of oil in my roots already. This time, I did it without massage or after I had washed my hair. I should measure to see if I got any length.

I love EOs in castor oil; makes my scalp happy and smell so good.

ANoteToSelf
November 11th, 2016, 11:28 PM
Okay, I started this challenge on Nov 1st and went for a week. I was just under collarbone stretched and my bangs had just passed my nose, stretched. I grew a solid INCH! ONE INCH! Beyond that, I could FEEL my hair reaching lower in the shower and could touch my ends without hurting myself!

Now I will say that I've had pretty good growth since cutting my hair. I get a bit more than half an inch, but the Southern California whether is to thank for that. But I never imagined I'd get this much growth. I would say it couldn't be true, but my collarbone doesn't lie.

I started doing this again because I realized that I'd gotten a pretty good growth spurt when I had started hanging upside down for my back and scritching, but I wasn't thinking this would happen.

LaísB
November 12th, 2016, 05:25 AM
Congratulations ANoteToSelf! :cheer: I will start my inversion method fir this month today. I don't think I will use any oils since I got pretty goood results without it, but maybe I'll use the oils once or twice. It will be for a week with up-side down scalp massages for three to four minutes and I hope to getsome nice growth.

Bea18
November 12th, 2016, 05:42 AM
ANoteToSelf, congratulations!!!!!! That's amazing!!!

Also, I'm starting the inversion method today, and I'll do it for a week, hopefully with the aid of my new shampoo I'll get a good growth.

LaísB
November 15th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Has anyone here done the inversion method on the same day that they did a blood exam? like I'll take some blood exams tomorrow (they will take some blood from me :( for two tests I really need to do ) and I don't know if I can do the inversion on the same day, like is it healthy to stay with my head upside down for a few minutes a few hours after the exam?

Mrstran
November 15th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Has anyone here done the inversion method on the same day that they did a blood exam? like I'll take some blood exams tomorrow (they will take some blood from me :( for two tests I really need to do ) and I don't know if I can do the inversion on the same day, like is it healthy to stay with my head upside down for a few minutes a few hours after the exam?

Sorry I misunderstood the question so I edited.
I don't see why there would be an issue

To avoid dizziness, I wouldn't do inversion if they take more than a few viles. Skip a day or 2. It won't hurt. Or just do the massage without inverting.

LaísB
November 15th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Sorry I misunderstood the question so I edited.
I don't see why there would be an issue

To avoid dizziness, I wouldn't do inversion if they take more than a few viles. Skip a day or 2. It won't hurt. Or just do the massage without inverting.

Thanks! I'll probrably skip if I feel a bit weak and dizzy...

hopefulred
November 15th, 2016, 12:16 PM
So is everyone doing the massage and inversion together or seperate and if so which way round do you do it? Is everyone doing 7days?

Hay_jules
November 15th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I'll be starting this today without the oils. I've already had almost .5 inch in the past two weeks so I feel like I'm getting greedy expecting more but I'm definitely going to to try.

I too was wondering if people are massaging before inversion or during. In the article linked in the first post she massages for 4 min and then inverts for 4 min. For this month I intend to do it separately but am curious what kind of results people see massaging while inverted. Has anyone tried a month to month comparison?

LaísB
November 15th, 2016, 12:49 PM
So is everyone doing the massage and inversion together or seperate and if so which way round do you do it? Is everyone doing 7days?

I'll be starting this today without the oils. I've already had almost .5 inch in the past two weeks so I feel like I'm getting greedy expecting more but I'm definitely going to to try.

I too was wondering if people are massaging before inversion or during. In the article linked in the first post she massages for 4 min and then inverts for 4 min. For this month I intend to do it separately but am curious what kind of results people see massaging while inverted. Has anyone tried a month to month comparison?

Hello! I do the massage and the inversion at the same time, but that is just how I do it. I do for seven/eight days an I invert my head, like I sit and lower my head fully and let my hair hang loose and then I massage my scalp for four minutes while my head is inverted. I get good results from doing this way. Sometimes I use oils and other times I don't, for me what works is the massage and not as much the oils I use. When is wash day I will do it in the shower while I apply my shampoo and it also works (as well as is very effective on cleaning my hair since every bit of my scal gets massaged with the shampoo).

Hay_jules
November 15th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Hello! I do the massage and the inversion at the same time, but that is just how I do it. I do for seven/eight days an I invert my head, like I sit and lower my head fully and let my hair hang loose and then I massage my scalp for four minutes while my head is inverted. I get good results from doing this way. Sometimes I use oils and other times I don't, for me what works is the massage and not as much the oils I use. When is wash day I will do it in the shower while I apply my shampoo and it also works (as well as is very effective on cleaning my hair since every bit of my scal gets massaged with the shampoo).

Thank you. I think I'll massage separately this month and then try massaging while inverted next month. I'll see of I notice any difference.

I have to say, after doing the massage (I Googled Indian scalp massage) I feel very nice and relaxed. I feel like I'm spoiling myself lol.

Strands
November 15th, 2016, 03:30 PM
I will break my rules to measure and do this next week. I am so curious!! No oil for me though, I have enough naturally I am sure.

Monsterkitti
November 16th, 2016, 03:48 AM
I keep starting this challenge, do one day and then totally forget to continue! I will start again tonight and try to keep it up! :)

Idreamlong
November 16th, 2016, 06:49 AM
I might start this but without the oils! I did try it last year but I thought it may have increased my shedding so stopped. I'll give it one more go as I'd really like to be solid, blunt BSL for Dec 31st, at the moment I am lightly resting on the top of my bra straps.

hopefulred
November 16th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Day two done! Im hanging off the bed on my back and massaging for the 4 minutes. I'm not using oil. I measured yesterday and have 4cm of root growth (Am growing out my natural colour) so will see if it has worked at the end of the 7days, if I got half a cm that would be amazing and if I was really pushing my luck 1cm would be even better!! fingers crossed.

Mrstran
November 16th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Just for those curious who are just starting. I've posted this before but...
My picture below is from October 1st to November 1st. I did the inversion every night, massaged & inverted with oils for 4 minutes each night and left the oils on my head with a cap for 4 hours.

My result is in my signature picture below. Measuring: hair was 13.5 on Oct 1st. By Nov 1st it was 14.5 in. I have not done the inversion this month because I have been measuring and I want to see If the inversion has caused this growth or if my hair normally grows like this. I will update In December when I measure, so I'll know for sure.

note:
[hair in left pic, space between hair and tattoo.]
[2nd pic- small space between hair and tattoo. Inch growth]

LaísB
November 17th, 2016, 05:27 AM
I really need to work on my measuring, like controling it. I always caught myself streching my hair to see the lenght and see if it has grown and I always end up seeing no growth at all because I literally measure every single day. Luckily I never measure my bangs so I decided that I will use them as a guide to see my growth with the inversion method for this month. And I will not measure the full lenght until next month. I first wanted to measure my lenght on December 31st, but then I decided that I will take a lenght picture on Dec 17th because I will blowdry it for my aunt's wedding so it will be straight and looking a bit different than my usual hair, and I have no straight lenght pictures to show so I may try.

Nymphe
November 17th, 2016, 08:01 AM
I really need to work on my measuring, like controling it. I always caught myself streching my hair to see the lenght and see if it has grown and I always end up seeing no growth at all because I literally measure every single day. Luckily I never measure my bangs so I decided that I will use them as a guide to see my growth with the inversion method for this month. And I will not measure the full lenght until next month. I first wanted to measure my lenght on December 31st, but then I decided that I will take a lenght picture on Dec 17th because I will blowdry it for my aunt's wedding so it will be straight and looking a bit different than my usual hair, and I have no straight lenght pictures to show so I may try.

Why not do the month-by-month picture challenge?

LaísB
November 17th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Why not do the month-by-month picture challenge?

It's a good idea, because then even if I keep measuring it every week I can compare pics and see that it ahs grown. But still I need to stop measuring it so much...

I did took a picture at November 1st. https://68.media.tumblr.com/6fd2ad413e84c80e1f4420a412313275/tumblr_og6d56CYJ21rwwkd6o3_r1_540.png

ps. APL is about 1.5 cm bellow the red line.

Mrstran
November 17th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Day two done! Im hanging off the bed on my back and massaging for the 4 minutes. I'm not using oil. I measured yesterday and have 4cm of root growth (Am growing out my natural colour) so will see if it has worked at the end of the 7days, if I got half a cm that would be amazing and if I was really pushing my luck 1cm would be even better!! fingers crossed.

If it was the inversion that caused my growth, I didn't see the results immediately after, but that's just my experience. My hair just grew faster throughout that entire month. I have heard people say there was an immediate difference though, but after some asking around I found out that oil stretches the hair sometimes up to an inch I guess.

Just to really be sure,
How I got an accurate answer is I measured my hair once a week throughout October (with a little oil in.) At the end of the month (with a little oil in) I measured and had gained 1 1/2 inches of growth (3 cm total). After washing out ALL the oil, I measured again and only had grown 1 inch total. So I lost 1 cm because of the oil. Still... :happydance:

I never really measured before so Like I said in my other post, I stopped inversion to see my average growth for comparison.

Vanille
November 17th, 2016, 11:03 AM
This is an interesting thread! There are many ways to increase circulation to the scalp, and (used with care) this might be a good one to add to the hair care toolbox.

In addition to the first post which explains the basic method and some (very important) precautions:

https://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/the-inversion-method-for-hair-grow-an-inch-of-hair-in-7-days/

There is a good follow-up post showing that A) it works just as well without the oil and B) overdoing the method (like inverting twice a day) can cause problems:

Seems like it's worth a go, just for the overall benefits, for those folks who are free of any of the health conditions that contraindicate it (listed in first post).

Direct stimulation of the scalp (brushing, massaging, etc.) is yet another way to increase circulation. However, oil can cause more problems than it solves for some people. My thought is that unless your scalp LOVES oil, you may wish to skip that part of the procedure and just do (careful) inversion -- with or without scalp massage

I'll be interested to hear of results from any who try this, especially if you compare your average growth before and after.

Mrstran
November 18th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Update Again!

Ok I'm editing this post... this is exhausting.

I'm now not so sure what my results are yet. I was sure the inversion didn't work until my hubby helped me comb the back of my hair and snap a photo. My hair grew 1 1/2 inches last month with a loss of 1cm after washing out the oils.

However, this month my hair SEEMS to be growing just as fast (1 inch through November) without inversion.

I'm expecting to gain a cm a month from the inversion. But it may "wash out" this is just my guess.

LaísB
November 22nd, 2016, 06:09 PM
I just noticed I didn't report back here after this month's inversion method, but better late than never!

Before I started my bangs were on my upper lip and now, after my inversion method, they are past my lower lip. So a good 1cm in a week! that's good!!!