PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else rocking a rat tail?

MissCattington
March 12th, 2014, 04:16 PM
A few years ago I was in a musical and I had to wear my hair in a very high, tight ponytail for a month straight. The end result was a huge clump of broken hairs at the nape of my neck that have slowly grown into a sizable "rat tail".

It's not noticeable when my hair is down (I'm at TBL), but when I put my hair up in a bun it likes to hang out in all it's rat tail glory.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y525/misscattington/photo2_zpsb1921dcf.jpg

My boyfriend recently noticed and dubbed it my "Jedi Ponytail", which I can live with. :luke:

Does anybody else have a "rat tail"? If so, feel free to post pictures so I feel less weird about mine. Also, what are some clever ways to either hide it or incorporate it so it will seem less... rat tail-y?

Kherome
March 12th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I'd use one of those snap clips to hold it up til it can be captured in a bun.

EmmAutumn
March 12th, 2014, 06:04 PM
I have one from years ago, because my high school boyfriend gave me a necklace and i wore it every day for 3 years. It always caught the hairs in the nape of my neck and broke them off.
"I went into a relationship, and all i got was this lousy rat tail"

melomane
March 12th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Last year I fell into the habit of wearing a high pony every day:/ Sometimes I use bobby pins, and whenever I wear buns I wear a jumbo barrette at the back of my hair instead.

Weewah
March 12th, 2014, 06:35 PM
I have a fuzzy rat tail all up under my hair, always thought it was normal but maybe it'll finally start growing longer now that I stopped abusing my hair, that would be cool!

Shibe
March 12th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I have one that's barely APL while most of my hair is almost waist.

Thats going to be one annoying layer to catch up.

LadyCelestina
March 14th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I have a voluntary bunch of short hairs from shaving the nape hair because of thickness and tangles,do I count? :D

Agnes Hannah
March 14th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I think it looks kinda cute!

0xalis
March 15th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Yes I am!! I shaved my nape area (only a very small amount, to make the hairline "perfect") and it's grown out to about CBL when pulled to the front now.
Here's a really old picture (from last summer) showing what I mean
https://31.media.tumblr.com/30237de17c775a10d0eb0b591190c1ef/tumblr_inline_n2gzk948sd1r2p7rz.jpg
Those hairs falling out of that really silly bun are what I'm talking about.

Stray_mind
March 15th, 2014, 03:41 AM
I had one when my friend made me a "permanent" small braid (with some thread and my "ankh" pendant on the end.).. It's grown out and i had to cut it off because i couldn't take it out otherwise. It was very small ammount of hair and it was in a place, where it's not visible though. I haven't even paid attention to it and then it grew back to normal lenght again.

MissCattington
March 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I have a voluntary bunch of short hairs from shaving the nape hair because of thickness and tangles,do I count?
Yes! And Voluntary Rat Tail sounds like a band name. :p