PDA

View Full Version : My first EVER Feyes trim - pics! What do you think?

Tini'sNewHair
March 12th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Hey guys. Here’s a confession, I haven’t trimmed since May 2012!! :O (from when I did one big chop to roughly shoulder length and decided to go virgin again). I have however done S&D which started up last year around July when i first joined this site (I used to brake my hair off from the split or snap it with my teeth before i knew the proper way to S&D - GAH!). My ends have gotten fairly wispy and some shorter layers are a bit dry which im guessing is the result of using heat a few times in the shorter days to stop the FLIP which happened so much. Anyhow, i was going to wait to start trimming until after i reach a solid waist, but my ends are bothering me a LOT. I started measuring my growth with the tape from Jan this year, my hair grows about (roughly) 2 cm a month and with this i decided to cut 1/2 and/or 1cm each month until my U hemline is back to being blunt again which will take about 1 year... So here is the start of my journey, im so excited that i did this and just HAD to share. Mind you, i have NEVER trimmed my own hair before and i was pretty scared but NOT ANYMORE!!

Can you spot the difference? My ends already feel fresh and bounce back so nicely, it feels great!!! (theres a bit more hair around the sink but i couldnt fit the picture properly in the middle without making the two side once smaller - anyway, you can see that even that bit made a nice difference)
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/feyesmethod.png (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/feyesmethod.png.html)

morrigan*
March 12th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Your hair looks great, really silky.

Tini'sNewHair
March 12th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Thank you :D ^^ Im probably going to feel embarrassed tomorrow when I read this post again because my trim is sooo much smaller compare to what others cut off BUT to me this is a HUGE trim in the sense that I never thought id actually do it, ive been so crazy attached to my length and even obsessed to just have my hair grow – this is a good change, now I can see WHY some people trim a lot as well, I can only imagine how much better my hemline will feel and look in a few months alone :D

ErinLeigh
March 12th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Big difference. Looks amazing. Cutting own hair for first time PLUS not trimming in 2 years had to be intimidating.
I think its great you mustered up the courage and went for it because the results are fantastic.

redtuss
March 12th, 2014, 04:15 AM
It looks great Tini! I'm glad you feel happy about it!
The important thing is always to be content with your own hair and a hemline or weird ends can make a big difference.

Your hair is so shiny! :D

Dessi
March 12th, 2014, 04:17 AM
It's amazing! I really like your hemline. And on the first picture I could never tell you haven't cut your hair in 2 years.

Addy
March 12th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Great job!

Wosie
March 12th, 2014, 04:45 AM
I'm very surprised to hear that you hadn't cut your hair for ~two years! It looked great in the before picture already, and even better in the second pic! I have to admit that I'm looking forward to my self trim now. :o

lapushka
March 12th, 2014, 05:00 AM
It looks great! Before and after. That doesn't mean you didn't need the trim, anywhoo you did great! :D

Stray_mind
March 12th, 2014, 05:03 AM
You did a great job. Your hemline seems pretty much evenly cut, there are no "stray" srands or strands that are much shorter than others.. And your hair looks absolutely amazing. That shine and smoothness.... :)

Kina
March 12th, 2014, 05:42 AM
it looks great :)

momschicklets
March 12th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Wow :bigeyes: Your hair is super gorgeous....I can't believe you grew all that in like, what.....18 months? Great job at trimming, too. The shape turned out very nice. :blossom:

Isilme
March 12th, 2014, 05:51 AM
I think your hair actually looks longer in the second picture, but with much nicer ends!

Stiria
March 12th, 2014, 06:02 AM
It looks great! I love the hemline, and your hair looks so smooth and shiny. Gorgeous!

duchess67
March 12th, 2014, 06:09 AM
You did a wonderful job, Tini. Love the way it looks, pretty!

kjb926
March 12th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Such beautiful hair!!

Squiggy
March 12th, 2014, 08:08 AM
It looks great! The first time I tried self-triming I took just a teeny tiny bit off, too. It's really amazing how such a small trim can make such a big difference in how the hemline feels and looks!

Personally, I think your hemline looks great in a U shape, but I am possibly biased because that's what I like on myself!

Weewah
March 12th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Looks awesome! I love the Superman cape effect that hair your length has, I want mine to be like that someday :)

Madora
March 12th, 2014, 08:19 AM
You did a wonderful trim, Tini's NewHair! Your hair looks marvelous!

Pallas
March 12th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Your hair looks great! You did a very good job on a neat and even trim, congrats ;)

Your hemline already looks very health and blunt to me, very beautiful :thud:

Scarlet_Heart
March 12th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Good job, Tini! :toast:

BrendaLoan
March 12th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Looks great, Tini! :D And you have gorgeous hair. I want to try Feye's method too when I reach my goal lenght :scissors:

swearnsue
March 12th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Epic Win! Your hemline looks much better after the trim, plus what doesn't show on a photo is how much better ends feel after a trim!

To get your nice U hemline, did you look up or straight ahead as you combed and cut? I'm never sure how much to look up or down to get the right shape with Faye's method. Your hemline is exactly the way I want mine to look.

spidermom
March 12th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Very nice result. It appears that your hair grows very evenly; your hem looked pretty good before the trim.

Colourful
March 12th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Woah, your hair looks marvellous!

AmyBeth
March 12th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Your hemline looks great. I remember being just as nervous as you when I first used Feye's method, but it's so simple and virtually fool-proof now, isn't it? Now you can grow to your heart's content and take care of your own ends.

jacqueline101
March 12th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Your ends look amazing. There is a sense of pride when one can trim their own hair.

ositarosita
March 12th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Your hair is absolutely amazing .. I hope I can go just 1 year no trims and have my hair look that good

stachelbeere
March 12th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I do see a difference! your ends look beautiful <3 and your hair is super pretty and sleek!

Nebulae
March 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
No way I would have guessed that hemline hadn't been touched in two years! Your hair is so pretty, Tini! :D

meteor
March 12th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Tini, you've got awesome hair! :) The shine, the silkiness, the gloss!

Could you please share your routine that kept your ends in such a phenomenal shape? 2 years of no trimming and such a thick straight hemline! Wow!

Frida
March 12th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous! Congrats on your first self trim. I've only just started to trim my own hair, too. It's so great not having to rely on hairdressers anymore for a trim!

Tini'sNewHair
March 12th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Thank you all so much!!!! I didn’t expect such wonderful comments :flower:

My routine was wash/put up and forget about it – benign neglect for more than a year THEN I discovered LHC and the crazy experimenting started with different washes and oils until I settled on coconut oil and SLS free shampoo which I still use now although these days my routine is pretty much back to old days of wash/put up and forget about it but this time I use better protective up dos and overall gentle care of my hair.

meteor
March 12th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your routine, Tini! :) More proof that benign neglect, keeping hair up and oiling ends are important for promoting healthy hair. Thank you!

Aingeal
March 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
It looks fantastic!

Chromis
March 12th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Nice work! I am a super fan of the microtrims and that first self-trim is always the hardest one! Good on ya for going for it :cheer: