PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of La Riche Directions...

oktobergoud
March 11th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone! I just did something stupid and I need to vent/ask for help haha. I dyed my hair with La Riche Directions Cerise about 1,5 week ago. I had copper hair so it faded to a bright pinkish red, which actually was really nice! But today I decided I wanted it to be more purple again. The saleslady adviced me to try blue instead of purple, because it would cancel out the red. I wasn't entirely sure about it (and neither was she haha) but I tried anyway. As soon as I put it on my hair, I realized I made a mistake. So I rinsed it out immediately!!

However, it did stain my hair and it's now a lot darker. I have already washed it again (with lemon juice and baking soda and all that drying stuff!) and it doesn't rinse out anything blue anymore, only pink. But, my hair is still a lot darker!! And it's now a dull brown/purplish red but not at all pretty :( And it's a lot darker, while I carefully lightened my hair bit by bit throughout the months.

Anyway, I wanted to try purple now because I have a week off and I'm going on holiday so it would be a nice period to try something bright without 1. hassle at work and 2. it would look nice at the pictures :D

But now it's so dull and dark and brownish and ugly! :( I want to get rid of it a.s.a.p. but without doing much damage, of course. I just hate myself so much at the moment, I can't stop looking into a mirror every 5 minutes to see if it's gotten any lighter :( But what would be the best thing to do right now, except for leaving it alone? Should I try a soap cap or something? Or wait how it will look like in daylight and just get some purple Directions (like Plume?) and try that so it will at least have a nice pretty purple glow and then just wait for weeks till most of it is gone? :o

Can't really post a picture now since it's not entirely dry yet and it's dark outside.. I know, I know, not the best moment to judge but I can already see it's TONS darker :/

I'm so angry with myself because well, red and blue is bound to get brownish I guess :P It's just stupid! Oh well, it's not like the colour right now is HORRIBLE, but it was so so much prettier before :( I just needed to get this off my chest, haha, I know this is the right place to vent about this! It's not the end of the world, I know!

Ok ok pictures.. this was before

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/beforeee_zps0b67ad79.jpg

and the ends were really bright.. like this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/before3_zps4c7cb123.jpg

But now it's this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/before2_zpsef8850ef.jpg

It's brown!! And so dark! D: Normally my hair is like this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haar5_zps37f72cf7.jpg

Will it ever get back to that with just a lot of washing? Will it take months? Should I just do a soap cap or something? :/

oktobergoud
March 11th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Aaargh I accidentally hit the 'enter' button!! I'll edit the post brb :P

red-again
March 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Oiling works for me, warm olive, turban it up and then clarify a couple of times after leaving the oil on for a an hour or so.

Repeat if necessary. Also using very warm water to rinse helps to fade too

RancheroTheBee
March 11th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I'd deep oil. Works well for me if I need to fade it a bit quicker. You can also look up using crushed vitamin c tablets (not the chewable kind) but when I tried it, it was quite drying.

Kherome
March 11th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I actually like the result. No advice on how to get rid of it though.

oktobergoud
March 11th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I guess the colour is okay, it's not ugly, but it's just so.. boring? And one side is lighter than the other haha! But I cut my bangs and now I like it better in general! :)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/pony_zps96083511.jpg

Not sure yet if I'm going to leave it alone and just wash it a lot or if I'm going to do more to let it fade faster... Again, it's not ugly, but I was so keen on having bright coloured hair so I miss that :(

lapushka
March 11th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Honestly, is it really the likes of something you can't live with while it slowly fades over the course of a few weeks? Patience ;) - again!

oktobergoud
March 11th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Honestly, is it really the likes of something you can't live with while it slowly fades over the course of a few weeks? Patience ;) - again!

haha I guess it's not that bad, but I have zero patience! Also, it's quite patchy. One side of it is dark and the other is a lot lighter.. it's a bit like Cruella De Vil (only less contrast) haha :P I think I'll oil it tonight and leave it overnight and then wash it out tomorrow, maybe that should get some more dye out...

cathair
March 11th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Blue on it's own is normally a b****** to make stay put more than a couple of washes. Maybe just wash it a few more times and keep it away from hairdryers? I don't know if the red underneath would change that, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you it will fade over the next 2 or 3 washes.

spidermom
March 11th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Warm oil treatments and time. It's actually a pretty color and suits you quite well. I hope it fades soon!

oktobergoud
March 11th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks everyone! It's not a bad colour, but I just wasn't ready to part with my bright coloured hair yet ;__; I'm doing a hot oil treatment right now! I'll be using a Lush soap bar on holiday so I guess that will work as well (I have heard that Lush shampoos strip colour like crazy) and well.. it will fade, eventually, I hope :P