PDA

View Full Version : Results of the trim and Progress Pictures! 4 years...

Little_Bird
September 12th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Hello LHC'ers!

As promised, I'm posting a few pictures of my 4th year session and from the trim results!
Here we go!

This is before the trim
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb116/LittleBirdLongHair/04-MeFromTheBack.jpg

This is a texture picture I liked a lot from the session
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=20838

This is right after the trim, so the hair is still kinda wet. You notice the trimmed ends in the very end of the hemline tough. I think it looks good and on it's way!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=20837

And a picture taken today after combing! My hair at 4 years, after trimming. I love my hair, and I do hope I will achieve the lenght and the hemline I wish :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=189&pictureid=20836
I guess, however, that my sister took this picture form a lower angle. My hair is still at a solid waist lenght, so it looks a tad bit shorter in the last picture. It was really a very minimal trim...

So, what do you guys think? :D

Love you all! :flowers:

Arctic_Mama
September 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Even that little trim made it look so healthy, you have a gorgeous head of hair and that COLOR, it's like warm caramel. Stunning!

:thud:

manderly
September 12th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Little Bird your hair looks soooooo soft and silky!!!

Steph0087
September 12th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I can only see one picture, the before one :(

TennesseeGirl
September 12th, 2008, 07:49 PM
me too. But even in the befor pic you have beautiful hair.

MadHatter
September 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
It looks wonderful!:cheese:

Jamie Lynn 40
September 13th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Littlebird-
Have you always had long hair? If not, how long was your hair to start with? Do you trim very often? How much do you take off when you do trim? I saw where you use almond oil. Is this all you use & do you use it everyday? Your hair is so pretty. Is it natural or do you color it? Thanks & have a great day.
JamieLynn40

nessthing
September 13th, 2008, 04:19 AM
You have such a tiny waist. No fair. Hair looks so much longer on the tiny-waisted.

Lookin' good.

Carina
September 13th, 2008, 04:29 AM
You have very beautiful hair.

tiny_teesha
September 13th, 2008, 04:32 AM
your hair is AMAZING!!!! WOW Excellent trim too! Wow 4 whole years without a trim!!! Well done. I know my hair would never have that! Your hair is great! :)

Little_Bird
September 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
MadHatter, TennesseeGirl, Steph0087, manderly, Arctic_Mama and Carina, thank you so much for the nice comments! The other pictures are in my photo album, feel free to check them :)

Jamie Lynn 40, I started growing my hair long 4 years ago from a pixie cut. I had never had it long, just about the awkward phase but not well mantained. I have learned a lot in these 4 years. I don't trim often. I had a trim in the second year mark and then in the 3rd year mark. Now I will be trimming every 3 months or so to get an even hemline. I don't use almond oil anymore, it was too heavy on my hair. I use jojoba now :D It's lighter and makes my hair soft and shiny I love the results! I only use it once a week after I wash my hair (I only wash once a week). And yes, my colour is natural :) I got it from my mother. I had a classmate once who didn't believe I didn't colour my hair. My mom had that too :p About the trims, I don't trim often, just once a year. I'm gonna start doing it more frequently now to even ou tmy ends tough... I used to trim like 3 cm (inch and a half) each time, but now I go like half an inch. Thank you for your comment and I hope I helped!

nessthing, it's great to hear from you! I love your hair :D I got my waist from my mom as well hehe... Actually, I don't know if it makes hair look longer but my volume makes it look shorter lol... Oh well! Thank's for your comment! Your hair is beautyfull!

tiny_teesha, actually I have had 4 trims in total so far. I'm going to trim more frequently now though. I had to take extra care of my hair to keep it growing non stop for the first two years tough. When I finally got a trim it was such a diference. I've learned trim are and feel good! It's just important not to go too drastic! Thank's for your comment!

:):flower::flowers:

morningstar
September 13th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Your hair is thick and gorgeous Little bird. I know you will reach your goal! :)

RoseRedDead
September 13th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Your hair is thud-worthy. It's very thick and very very shiny - it just looks terrific. Congratulations on four years!

(P.S. You have nice arms too!)

brok3nwings
September 13th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Little Bird you havent told me yet! As a portuguese living in Lisbon also i am wondering: what are your hair products of choice? Im asking cause i trully belive you have a wonderful shine and it seams your hair is always "clean" and sparkling..

SchnauzerMom
September 13th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Wow your hair looks fabulous, a gorgeous color and so thick and shiny. :D

Little_Bird
September 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM
morningstar, that's so good to read! I do hope so too! I'm working on it :D

RoseRedDead, thank you for both comments :rolleyes: :flower:

brok3nwings, I guess I recieved an invitation from you at MSN? Well, I have been using Elvive for two years and I love it. I use the pink bottles (with protein pearl) for sleek and straight hair in the winter, and the anti breakage in the summer (the yellow bottles). I use the shampoo, conditioner and the mask. Hope it helps! Your hair is incredibly shiny!

SchnauzerMom, thank's for your nice comment! I owe most of my hair type to my mom, altough my waves are from my father :)

:flower:

girlcat36
September 13th, 2008, 01:45 PM
What a gorgeous thick head of hair!

paper
September 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Looking good! Pretty color and waves. Good luck reaching your goal!

Jamie Lynn 40
September 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Littlebird-
Thank you so much. You have helped me a lot. I may try trimming once a year also for a while. I hope my hair grows as fast as yours. Do you take any hair vitamins or anything? Have a great day.
JamieLynn40

jeno
September 13th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! My braiding fingers wants to braid it!

Jamie Lynn 40
September 13th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Littlebird-
One more thing I forgot to ask you. Since you only use the jojoba oil once per week, do you just leave your hair dry the rest of the time or do you just rinse it & condition it since you only wash it one time per week? Sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks again.
JamieLynn40

Little_Bird
September 13th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thank's Jeno, Paper, and Girlcat!! You're making me feel so happy :)

Jamie Lynn, no problem at all :)
I don' take any hair vitamins, I just try eating as healthy as possible, specially fruit and protein. Sometimes I do it very well, others not, but oh well...
As for the oiling, yes, just once a week after I wash. I don't do anything to my hair the rest of the week, I don't even get it wet. This way I can spreat the natural oils down the lenght. Sometimes I even go longer than a week. As my hair is to the dry side, it works wonderfully for me. I hope I helped :)

:flowers:

xrosiex
September 13th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Your hair looks great. I think 4 years without a trim says your commited to long hair. The trim looks good. Can hardly tell. It's just thicker at your hemline. :)

FrannyG
September 13th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Your hair looks amazing, Little Bird. :blossom: Really amazing. You did a great job with the trim, too.

Jamie Lynn 40
September 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Littlebird-
Thank you so much for the info. It has helped me tremendously. Have a nice evening.
JamieLynn40

Jamie Lynn 40
September 14th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Littlebird-
I just thought of one last question. Do you put the jojoba oil on your hair when it is wet or dry? On the other days when you don't do anything to it do you just brush it out with a brush or a pick or something? Maybe a boar bristle brush? Thanks for your time.
JamieLynn40

Little_Bird
September 14th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Hello Jamie
I apply the oil with my hair wet, just after letting it sit with the towel for a minute or two. I apply it from ears down, massaging well at the ends. I also don't take all the water from my hair so it drips for half an hour or so :p
On the other days I only comb with a wide toothed comb, in the morning and before bed. I don't use a brush anymore because it destroys my wave pattern and fights it. It breaks my hair and leave it frizzy, so it's a no-no for me.
Sometimes, a day or two before washing, I wet my ends and put condition to make them extra soft (as I have a problem with dry ends for not trimming them as often as they need). It works actually. I don't use oil when I do this tough because I leave a little of conditioner.

Hope this helps, and it's always good to reply to questions, I don't mind at all!

ETA: Remember that, it's always great trying new things with your hair but it's not guaranteed that it'll work for it. Most of my routine is adapted from things I've been trying over the years. I've been having to change it over time as well, because as your hair grows longer, it's acts in a diferent way to the routine.
Good luck!

Chamomile betty
September 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Your hair looks wonderful. Such a beautiful color too.

Juanita
September 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Very nice.

Speedbump
September 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Little Bird your hair looks GREAT! It's a beautiful color and so healthy. Good growing! :cheese:

vindo
September 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
It looks great! Before and after the trim!

4 years of growing, congratulations your hair seems to grow super fast! 36" would be well past TB for some! ^^

Jamie Lynn 40
September 15th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Littlebird-
Thank you so much for all of your help. So you do use a leave in conditioner of any type sometimes? Thanks again & have a great day.
JamieLynn40

catekat
September 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Wow! What lovely hair.

jojo
September 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I think your hair is beautiful, you have done extremely well.

Does this mean you are updating your video? I love that video of you.

Indigo Girl
September 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Your hair looks great! You've made fantastic progress. :bluesmile

Cabelo bonito e saudável!

Jamie Lynn 40
September 16th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Littlebird-
I am thinking of coloring my hair your hair color ( I hope you don't mind) & then putting blonde streaks/highlights in it. I just love your hair color. I am starting to get so much grey in my hair & it just doesn't look good on me. :-) Anyway, thank you again for all the information you have given me. Oh by the way, on your shampoos , conditioners & leave-in conditioners, do you go " cone - free?"
JamieLynn40