PDA

View Full Version : considering most people are growing their hair long...

Steph0087
September 12th, 2008, 07:09 PM
what is the SHORTEST your hair has ever been?
(you know, like after age 3 haha)

Mine was cut in a bowl cut, just above the ears :shake:

prosperina
September 12th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Other than as a a baby, my hair was just below my earlobes two and a half years ago. To see a cute picture of me with short (toddler) hair look at my user icon. :)

thankyousir74
September 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Shortest ever was my starting length, about like two or three inches from scalp the hair was. Now it is just past shoulder. I am so happy :D

cutastrophe
September 12th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I had a pixie when I was a teen.

orbiting
September 12th, 2008, 07:32 PM
buzz cut

I got it all cut off 4.5 years ago and have been growing it since

psycho
September 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
About an inch above my jawline. Some reason I thought I'd like a change and cut off my waist-length hair...I think I was 11 or 12. As damaged as my hair was that actually would have been a good move, other than the fact that I looked HORRIBLE with short hair (someday I'll scan a picture in, I still have a couple), except that I still didn't take care of it and then permed it when it got out around waist length again.

Now, I've finally gotten rid of all the permed hair and no more cutting short! In fact, no more cutting, period, except micro-trims to keep my ends even. I finally got my blunt, even ends, I'm keeping them :D

Catladyintown
September 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM
1/4 inch. All my hair fell off I bleached my hair one to many times. I was almost totally bald.:(

Steph0087
September 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
buzz cut

I got it all cut off 4.5 years ago and have been growing it since

wow, really? is there a reason that you cut it all off?

Steph0087
September 12th, 2008, 07:49 PM
This is really encouraging - i mean, to see how long all you guys have your hair now, and how short its been! Gives me hope that mine will eventually grow out as well haha!

LadyMoon11
September 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Chin length in 2003.

CurlyNinja
September 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM
A pixie in 2004, for me. I exited the womb in quite hairy glory.

Magicknthenight
September 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
In 5th grade i cut my hair to shoulder length. That was the shortest its ever been for me. From there i got layers...got it evened out..repeated that process for a while then realized how much i wanted to grow my hair out. It was probably a little longer then APL then. But i didn't know any better and so every time i went in a trim they cut off most of the progress. Slowly i began learning. and here i am ^-^

I've been growing it a while though. I was a little bit from waist now im almost there on some days. really depends on how wavy it is sometimes. but its not a drastic difference in length. maybe i should stop checking so much -.-

may1em
September 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I had nothing below earlength in the back, shaved neck hairline, and the longest bits were about 4-5 inches. It was as short as I felt comfortable going, and it got about half the chemically dyed red hair off my head. This was about five and a half years ago (March 2003).

Either that or when I chopped from shoulder to ear again (all one length this time, no layers) in January 2004 to get rid of the last bit of the red.

Last short cut was April 2005 (still ear in the back, chin in the front).

Now it's past waist!

Indigo Girl
September 12th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Shoulder length, 10 years ago.

florenonite
September 12th, 2008, 08:06 PM
shoulder-length with layers, multiple times.

longhairedfairy
September 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Mine was mid to lower back for a while in junior high school (I think). The ends had dried out badly because I had been using only leave-in spray conditioner and no regular conditioner. That experiment turned out to be a bad idea. My mom ended up having to cut off about three inches to get rid of the dried up part. I was upset at first, but it wasn't really that much and it did actually look very good that way.

driven fool
September 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM
May I be the first to say completely bald. For a summer I took a razor to my head. I'm talking about a razor for my face type of razor. But on average no more than an inch until recently, I'm at about 2 and half inches right now.

Annushka
September 12th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I also had a buzz cut, except with bangs down to my chin. That was in high school, back in the '80s when I was punk.

In the middle of college I grew it to shoulder length, then cut to my ears right before graduation, but ever since then it's been APL or longer. Right now, at almost waist length, it's the longest it's been since kindergarten.

SweetPea88
September 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM
A smidge shorter than shoulder length, I think that was about 5-6 years ago.

Tangles
September 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Top of collarbone (ie, just above shoulder length). I think I would look really good with jaw length, and it's not like I'm not brave enough to try, just the regrowth time would be a pain in the ass.

Katahdin
September 12th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Mine was about shoulder length when I was 7. From then on, I've never had it shorter than APL.

MsHelena
September 12th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Mine was once chin-length. I liked it very much.

Himesama
September 12th, 2008, 09:52 PM
When I was in fifth grade, I thought it would be a good idea to fall asleep with gum in my mouth. To get it all removed, my mom gave me a "boy" haircut. It was probably about an inch long on top, and I looked exactly like my brother.

sweetkandi
September 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
This aweful adult styled cut when I was about 12. My gradmother's idea. It was very very short to the point where I could pass as a boy, especially being that young. It scared me out of ever having my hair that short again! It was almost a pixie!

peachrose
September 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
A very unflattering pixie that I got about age 13.. Bad idea, lol

wintersun99
September 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I'm currently shortest ever ... cut off a bunch a damage ... am now chin length ... an eerily similar hair cut to my first grade picture :)

Iphinoe
September 12th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Shaved a few times in my late teens.

psycho
September 12th, 2008, 10:45 PM
When I was in fifth grade, I thought it would be a good idea to fall asleep with gum in my mouth. To get it all removed, my mom gave me a "boy" haircut. It was probably about an inch long on top, and I looked exactly like my brother.

Hehe...if it helps, it could be worse :D. There was a girl in the orchestra with me with very short hair, just long enough to curl a little...and her name was Ryanne. Pronounced just like the name Ryan. I was friends with her for two months before I knew for sure if she was male or female!

LydiaMarie
September 12th, 2008, 10:48 PM
The shortest my hair has ever been was when I was 13 and didn't take care of my hair so my mom chopped it off from tailbone up to my ears .

Gumball
September 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM
The shortest mine's been since I was a bald little baby was probably about a half inch to an inch long boy cut and that was up until mid high school when I started growing it out.

eadwine
September 13th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Chin length bob.. bah.

winter_star
September 13th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Shoulder length

Alun
September 13th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Regular male short hair cut, using scissors, up until I was 15. Clippers have never been anywhere near my hair, much less a razor (flinches at the thought!).

Slug Yoga
September 13th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Closely cropped, like so short that combing or brushing had no effect.

Arctic_Mama
September 13th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Chin length. A bad bob on a round face - I was in third grade and going through my chubby faze, we chopped off a good 14 inches of hair, I think.

Faepirate
September 13th, 2008, 03:48 AM
About shoulder-length, maybe just above. All one length, no layers - gaaaawd that was horrendous! :bigeyes:

Finoriel
September 13th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Shortest cut ever was a razor cut with about 1 inch remaining "length". I liked that style for quite some years, but then decided that it was time for something new and I want to try longer hair again... and thatīs what Iīm doing (and enjoying) since almost 8 years. :D

Periwinkle
September 13th, 2008, 04:56 AM
About jaw-length, when I was 4 or 5. Since then, the shortest has been just above my shoulders, and it's varied between there and just below APL (until now!).

savi
September 13th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Pixie until 12 and shoulder lenght through most of teen years.
It's gotten pretty long already compared to that.

amiaow
September 13th, 2008, 05:28 AM
ear length bob, in 2003 and again earlier this year!

Gecko
September 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I had a shaggy chin length cut. Sometimes it looked more like a short cut then a short/medium bob.

orbiting
September 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM
wow, really? is there a reason that you cut it all off?

Yeah... a few.
One, I had killed it with dyes. I had bleached it a few too many times.

Another was I am one of those people who feels your hair has ties to your past, by cutting it off I was symbolizing my fresh new start. I was moving from Western NY to Hampton Roads, VA, my debt was paid, I was done with school, I was leaving my parents house to be with my boyfriend.. and I had the haircut done in MA , the state I was born in.
I've barely cut it since, it's been 4 years now. I left VA this summer and I've moved to MA to be with my family and my new fiance. I haven't cut it yet, though... Right now I'm kind of using what has happened in the last 4 years to stay strong and I'm not ready yet.

I might do it again, but right now it's BSL and I love it too much to cut it off.

spidermom
September 13th, 2008, 09:41 AM
This was about 20 years ago:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/SHORT.jpg
Talk about easy to take care of!

FrannyG
September 13th, 2008, 09:45 AM
In 1998, my hair was 2 inches long at it's longest point. I had it all cut off due to bleach damage. It wasn't pretty.

Unnamed
September 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM
For me, just about a pixie/boy cut in 4th grade or so. Hair was already shoulder length at the time (which I didn't like either), and figured while I was close should try it shorter. Suffice it to say it looked awful, and pretty much got immediately grown out, I think. :lol:

LadyLongLocks
September 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Chopped and layered at chin length with bangs. I was about 5. I don't know why my mom kept it so short. Maybe because she had to deal with it and not me. I'm making up for it now :)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/late%2007%20and%202008%20hair%20photos/100_4482cpyrtzsygmsPHOTO2-1.jpg

midnighttrain
September 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Chin length at 16, sides shaved (mohawk) at 18.

Forever_Sophie
September 13th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Well, I've had cancer treatments yrs ago, but if you mean by *choice,* I had that lip-length, layered, flippy cut that was in around '03. It aged me by at least 5 yrs!!

Buddaphlyy
September 13th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I clipped everything down to about 1/2 -1 inch in April 2007. It's almost to my shoulders now.

renarok
September 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I had a really cute A-line bob in 2004. It was easy to take care of, scrunch my curls and go.

anna1850
September 13th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I've had just about chin length or maybe an inch shorter. Really didn't look good on me.

Although I think part of the problem was that I was brushing out my hair so I ended up with a chin-length triangle. Not something I plan on ever having again.

ETA: Actually, I had a longish pixie when I was about 4. My Dad took me to the hairdressers and he doesn't know anything about girls hair of course so let them do what they wanted. My Mum didn't like it and I don't think I did either.

paper
September 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM
My Mom made me have a pixie cut until I was 10.

As an adult the shortest my hair has been is chin length, layered all over.

jeno
September 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2md53dw.jpg
Do I need to say more? I'm soon reaching APL and I love it!

Jamie Lynn 40
September 13th, 2008, 03:19 PM
spidermom-
How long did it take you to grow your hair to the length it is now? I think I read where you use coconut oil & only trim 1/2 inch every 3 months, is this correct? Has it been this long for s short or long amount of time? Have a good evening.
JamieLynn40