PDA

View Full Version : Odd hair day- how is it too silky?

dancingpoet
March 10th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I've been having a weird hair day. I washed my hair two days ago (shampoo at roots, jojoba hot oil for a few minutes, rinsed out and then conditioner)- nothing really out of the ordinary, and my hair gets greasy on the third day, so I usually just wear it up to camouflage that, and it usually holds better that way anyway. However, today, nothing that I did with my hair would stay. The roots were greasy, as usual, but the length was uncommonly silky for me. It spat out hair pins and bobby pins, and even sticks. The only things that didn't just slide out of my hair today were spin pins, but even the hairstyle that included them just wouldn't cooperate.

I've had issues with my hair having trouble staying up when it's freshly washed, but dry, so I know that if my hair is going to be up after I wash it, I put it up while wet.

Being that I dance and my hair has to be up and I can't have objects flying out of my hair like projectiles (yes, that happened today), any advice for what I can do with my hair to get it to stay on uncommonly extra silky days? (Especially since I have a hunch that the uncommon super silkiness may begin to become more common).

woodswanderer
March 10th, 2014, 08:22 PM
My hair spits hairsticks, but never flexi-8s.

dancingpoet
March 10th, 2014, 08:27 PM
That's a thought... I've been meaning to get a couple. I could see why one of those wouldn't go flying. :) But part of the issue is that I couldn't get my hair to stay solidly in styles that usually are solid for me.

Rio040113
March 11th, 2014, 05:05 AM
Have you tried a Nautilus bun with something like a Flexi-8 for extra security, as woodswanderer said? :)

Nini
March 11th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Wet it down before putting it back up.

Verdandi
March 11th, 2014, 07:09 AM
I have this problem when I've done deep treatments and ALWAYS when I use cones. My hair is super silky and even elastics slides off the braids. :rolleyes:

The only thing that works for me is to wet it, like Nini said or to wear a cinnamonbun with a ficcare, that's the only thing that doesn't slide out.
If I HAVE to style it I use a salt water spray to give it some hold (John Masters Sea Mist), but that is really drying.