PDA

View Full Version : ~If you could have any type of natural hair, what would it be?~

Kayto
March 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I'm not completely sure if this thread was made yet, if it was, sorry :(
If I could have any hair, I would want it to be stick straight. I'm so jealous of people who's hair is naturally straight.
It kinda seems like people who have their hair straight want curly hair and people that have curly hair want straight hair.
I'd also want my hair to get oily faster, I know that might sound weird but I have relatively dry hair so the natural oils never travel to the ends because it's so curly.
So if it was straight the oil would travel down faster.

If you could have any hair type, what would it be, and why?

sarahthegemini
March 10th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I actually quite like my waves, altho I do wish it was a bit more predictable :p I do wish my hair wasn't so oily.

MadeiraD
March 10th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I would love thicker hair maybe with a little bit of wave

DweamGoiL
March 10th, 2014, 06:11 PM
I want curls! Not anything crazy, but like a 3a-b type.

Arciela
March 10th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty happy with my hair...its easy to make stick straight if I want or wavy (without heat) :flower: I just wish it didn't look crazy on wash day...next day its fine but wash day it has a mind of its own lol

Monkshood
March 10th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I'd like tighter waves. But I'm actually pretty satisfied with how my hair is at this point.

midbackorbust
March 10th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Can I choose to have long, soft and shiny bright blue hair? If not I might wish for less frizz.

HappyHair87
March 10th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I like my hair. I just wish that ALL of it was 3b...not just half of it. My hair always looks like its in a bob because of my kinkier sections in the nape lifts it up. My 3b curls are easier to style and detangle and grow mostly because they are coarser in texture. I have to baby my 4a/3c section (nape) because they are finer in texture.:blossom:

BrendaLoan
March 10th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I like my natural waves, but I'd love to have hair that wouldn't turn into a gigantic frizz ball on humid and rainy days

Larki
March 10th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I like my hair's texture, I just hate how frizzy it is, and how it gets oily so quickly, and I'm not crazy about the color either.

alexis917
March 10th, 2014, 07:40 PM
I like my hair type, I just wish it were longer, hehe.

Arwenlily
March 10th, 2014, 08:13 PM
It's funny .... when I was younger I always wished that my hair would be a little thinner and straight; so basically the opposite of my natural hair. But now I just want my nature curl pattern and thickness to come back.

woodswanderer
March 10th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Curly and red

FallingDarkness
March 10th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Waist length naturally black 2b/c hair.
I want black hair without people thinking that the sudden jump from naturally blonde to deep black means I'm emo or something :( Plus hair dye is really damaging lol

Rushli
March 10th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I really like that my hair can be wavy or go straight. I just wish I could get it to go wavy and stay wavy more easily at this length (and longer) like I can when it is chin to shoulder length. There are times that I would love my sister's 3b hair.

As for color, once again I would love my sisters dark red or my cousin's bright red. I also love dark brown hair. DH loves my hair lighter, so I would *be* blonde for him. (I just wont bleach it for him.) In other words, anything but my medium auburn hair.

hannabiss
March 10th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I love my hairs softness. And that it is stick straight (if I comb it) I would change the color to a medium blonde. Also I would change my hair line. Think jud law in A.I. And sadly that's my natural hair line. Ok maybe not THAT bad...but you get the idea.

Shibe
March 10th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I'd have a thicker head of hair. Everyone in my family has nice thick ethnic hair but me!

jacqueline101
March 10th, 2014, 10:08 PM
I'd wish for my hair to be thicker. I love everything else about it.

Vampyria
March 10th, 2014, 10:45 PM
I would keep with 2b waves by any means, but I would prefer it to be a lot more defined, a bit finer and a bit thicker.

Jumper
March 10th, 2014, 11:14 PM
I like my waves but I would totally go for completely curly hair if I got to pick. Same color as now, same thickness, just curls.

Not being as dry (more natural oil) would be nice but I can always add oil to my hair, and a dryer scalp means washing less often for me since my hair never looks greasy (unless I have way overdone it with products).

sycamoreboutiqu
March 10th, 2014, 11:42 PM
That theory definitely holds true. I wish I had almost stick straight hair (or at least hair that "flowed" ) and a bit less of it.
The volume gets annoying sometimes and I am always looking for ways to tame it down and make it lay flatter.

If I were to wear it loose in public (which I never do) I think people would stare.
Not because of the length but because of the volume, I look like a lion let loose from the zoo.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9728&thumb=1&d=1394514788

I know a lot of people wish for hair with this kind of volume, but I just cannot understand why. It is a pain.

flemeister
March 11th, 2014, 12:17 AM
1a/M/ii medium-strawberryish blond, if it could be achieved naturally and easily. Always liked red and blond hair, so why not have both if I could?! :)

But whatever, satisfied with what I've got -- a mostly rich dark brown colour, on my scalp it's straight, wavy for most of the length, and wavy/curly/partial-corkscrews on the ends (depending on whether I brush it (wavy), gently fingercomb it (curly), or leave it as is (partial corkscrews!)). Variety is the spice of life eh? Awwyeah. :o

ErinLeigh
March 11th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Thick, low porosity, straight golden blond is my dream hair.
The complete opposite of my fine, high porosity, wavy, dark hair.

Stray_mind
March 11th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Probably thick, more wavy, dark copper coloured hair. But i'm actually starting to like my hair as they are now-medium thickness, hennaed and a bit wavy.

Rio040113
March 11th, 2014, 04:48 AM
I'd want thicker hair, with some pretty waves... Can I just steal BrendaLoan's hair please? :lol:

queenovnight
March 11th, 2014, 06:27 AM
If I could have any hair type, it would be 2a or 2b. I have curly hair, and I enjoy it.. but I would rather have wavy hair. I just find it so beautiful, you can see the length -which takes decades with curly hair- and it's easier to manage.

restless
March 11th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I´ve grown very fond of my colour and waves/wurls, but in the same time I´ve always had a soft spot for stick straight, pitch black hair too... So yeah, in another life in another universe that´s what I´d wish for.

Exodus
March 11th, 2014, 07:29 AM
It would totally be stick straight 1A/F/iii, white blonde. Or the darkest ash blonde you can have (think level 5 blonde, not level 5 brown).

My natural colour doesn't suit my skin tone at all, neither tone nor colour level. I look so much better with either much lighter or much darker hair. And thickness is something I really often envy.

Long_hair_bear
March 11th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Thick, stick straight hair.

LadyCelestina
March 11th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I would like to try stick straight hair for a change.But not forever.I'll never get to straight and sleek,not even with a flat iron,well maybe if I'd completely fry my hair but I'm not trying that.So having "unachievable" hair for a while would feel nice.

LongHairLesbian
March 11th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I'm pretty happy with what I've got. :) The only thing I would change is my hair's thickness. I've got average thickness, but I would like more volume; it can't hurt to have a little extra on your head, in case you have a big shed. Also, a hemline that stays thick, even at knee length. :D My hemline is good at waist, but I can't know if it will be at much longer lengths!

meteor
March 11th, 2014, 01:29 PM
My ideal hair would be exactly the same what I already have, only way blonder. :)
I'm looking forward to hair tech creating absolutely damage-free bleach... but by the time it happens, I will probably have gray hair, so it will be irrelevant to me.

jeanniet
March 11th, 2014, 02:19 PM
1a or 3c. I'm happy enough with my hair, but it would be fun to try out super-straight or curlier!

Kayto
March 11th, 2014, 02:29 PM
damage-free bleach... that would be absolute heaven.

Calaelen
March 11th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I love all the comments of people liking what they have! it was a nice read :)

I think I am happy with my type, but I would love for it to naturally be a colour I like, and which suits me, so I wouldn't ever have to deal with roots.

That said I would worry about losing my virgin colour, if that were the case, and wouldn't have done all the happy experimenting I have done in the past, so, I guess I am happy with that.

ichosethis
March 11th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I would like slightly thicker hair and hair that is naturally straight (like mine) but will hold a curl if I want to go curly for a day. I can't keep a curl for more than an hour or two unless it was overnight set in, and even then they don't last all day.

TheBalance
March 11th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I would want my hair to be thicker and my wurlies and curliest to be wurlier and curlier.

CremeTron
March 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
I like my hair. I just wish that ALL of it was 3b...not just half of it. My hair always looks like its in a bob because of my kinkier sections in the nape lifts it up. My 3b curls are easier to style and detangle and grow mostly because they are coarser in texture. I have to baby my 4a/3c section (nape) because they are finer in texture.:blossom:

Oh wow, I was reading through and I am the same! My 4 hair is on my crown and at my temples and it is not as glossy and shrinks more. I wish my hair was more 3. Sometimes I wish there was a 5 category because my hair is not 4b but I sometimes think it is not quite 3c either at times.

Looking at your photo I would say my hair is more tightly curled than yours but then there are 2 distinct hair types on my head and that would make me 4b?! It is pretty confusing.

I just washed and airdried my hair. Just took some not very high quality photos and will post them when I am allowed to on here and maybe someone could help.

I wish my hair was chocolate brown as well!

Ahl
March 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Thick 2c no-frizz subdued copper. Similar in color to Amy Adams on some of her redder days. :)

Rushli
March 11th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I forgot to add about thickness. I have a 3.75 pony and would love to bump it up to 4 to 4.5" pony just for braids. However, even with bsl hair, I cant do many buns because my thickness takes up a lot of space and I cant fold and wrap it like I want. I can just take the hair on my left or right side of my head and do quite a few.

CurlyCap
March 11th, 2014, 09:11 PM
My hair, just mega thick. Like, Disney thick.

And a lifetime supply of free conditioner.

ravenheather
March 11th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Mostly I would like a little more of it. Add 3/4 of an inch to the diameter. Also a stronger more consistent wave pattern like 2b. And longer, much longer.

Ambystoma
March 11th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Well, what I have suits me colour wise, and is pretty malleable in terms of styling but I would love 1a snowy platinum hair - the good news is that the pure white is just a matter of time (I'm already seeing a few sneaking in) and I guess I can keep on straightening it for special occasions like I already do so my dream hair is just a few decades away :laugh:

Frida
March 11th, 2014, 10:29 PM
If I could have any type of hair I wanted I would have wavy raven black hair. It would also be around knee length with a perfect hemline! Naturally, this is almost completely the opposite of what I actually have :p Oh well!

BlueMajorelle
March 11th, 2014, 10:29 PM
I would want my own hair, but thicker. It's gotten so thin. I want the hair I had in highschool ;)

Althooough, if it were possible I wouldn't mind having my friend's hair either. She's Japanese and keeps it natural so she has the longest, shiniest black hair ever and I'm jealous.

WilfredAllen
March 11th, 2014, 10:51 PM
curly and dark blonde (:

veryhairyfairy
March 12th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I get my dream hair when I style it properly, so I'm okay with what I have.
In a perfect world I wouldn't have to henna my hair, it would just naturally be henna-red... and I'd have a texture (don't care which, as long as it isn't the inbetweeny thing I got now). :)

Scarlet_Heart
March 12th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Extra THICK with beachy s-waves, please!

Bagginslover
March 12th, 2014, 11:00 AM
I would keep my current thickness, but it would be naturally bright copper, with the sort of wave thats happy to be brushed through and just be wavy, but if scrunches becomes loose curls (I've spotted a few heads here with waves like that, SO pretty!).

That would be heaven.

viva_emptiness
March 12th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Mine is dark brown, wavy/frizzy and chest-length. I would love it were naturally black, pin straight and butt-length. :)

heidi w.
March 12th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I have straight hair; stick straight hair. Oil does not travel down the length any faster or slower than anyone else. And the sebum takes around 6 weeks before it hits the ends, perhaps. Maybe a bit longer...Curly hair should spritz on the oil.
heidi w.

cwarren
March 12th, 2014, 08:16 PM
If I could have any type of natural hair, it would just be manageable hair. I love simplicity and the only area of my life that I haven't been able to simplify is my hair.

MaryO
March 14th, 2014, 01:05 AM
I just wish mine was a bit thicker otherwise I really enjoy my straight hair! :-)

Haybop
March 14th, 2014, 02:08 AM
I want my mum's hair. I've always wanted her hair - it just adds to her personality. She never grows it to shoulder length or longer but I'd love to be able to swap hair with her :)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/Lanky_Blip/mumrosettes_zps190fcebb.jpg?t=1394697987

followingup
March 14th, 2014, 02:14 AM
I would love to have straighter and also thicker hair. and an unusual, but still natural looking hair colour.