PDA

View Full Version : humidity. :(

Steph0087
September 12th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Do you guys have any style tips or products that are especially good for dealing with humidity? My hair looks crap no matter what if it is humid outside - which it always is here in the south - and i tend to straighten it because that is at least an improvement on what it would look like if I went outside with wavy hair to start off with!

If you guys have any tips, I'd really appreciate it!

tobikay
September 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I live in Indiana, so we are very humid 6 months of the year. I find that a french braid or a bun of some sort is my best bet in the humidity. Sometimes, depending on how much oil I used, I need to add a small spritz of hairspray to keep the babyhairs back, but sometimes I just let them fly!

Steph0087
September 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
thanks - maybe i will give that a go then!

Arctic_Mama
September 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Silicone serum works well, but I prefer good old fashioned coconut oil.

manderly
September 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
I live in Hawaii, which is like a gajillion percent humidity most of the time. In fact, it's been raining the last 2 days and the tradewinds are gone, humid city. You start sweating the second you step out of the shower.

Coconut oil is my best friend. I don't know what your hairtype is, but my hair looks just as good on crazy humid days like today as it does on regular humid days.

After taking my hair down from my towel I use a dollop of Giovanni Direct leave-in, a small squirt of AVG (this can be ommited) and 5+ drops of coconut oil. Rub all that together in my hands and run it though my length while finger combing and scrunching the ends to make sure the ends get plenty of goop. I then comb out my hair and rub this on the surface of my crown to help with the wispies.

Kimberlily's defrizz spray between washes is a must.

In fact, today I left my hair in the left side braid I slept in. It looked kind of sexy and purposely mussed, I just squirted my head with defrizz spray to coax out the waves and wurls.