PDA

View Full Version : Making DH/DBF/DGF/DW Do Your Hair?

MadeiraD
March 9th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking that because
1. I have insanely long fingernails and wear a LOT of big stoned rings (meaning I'm prone to snagging)
and
2. I'm not that manually dexterous and my husband actually is pretty dexterous
3. Because DH has long hair himself

it might not be unreasonable to ask him to watch some of the bun tutorials and get him to do my hair for me...

is this a terrible idea/am I literally the world's worst partner for even considering asking this of my spouse?

alishaxmarie
March 9th, 2014, 10:57 PM
I saw his hair on another post and I think he would probably be delighted to help you out! :) He must love hair and be pretty careful around it to have grown his out himself so I wouldn't worry too much, it's not as if you would somehow force him to do it on a daily basis or something. If you feel that bad about it then you can still take off your rings to style your hair yourself or wait to see if he ever offers to do it.

ravenreed
March 9th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Can't you just take the rings off? I can't imagine asking someone to do my hair for me every day. I can't even get anyone to help me trim my ends once a month or so.

Fericera
March 9th, 2014, 10:59 PM
If he's willing, go for it. It's a nice luxury to have someone else do your hair now and then.

MadeiraD
March 9th, 2014, 10:59 PM
He already does brush it for me.... hmm this sounds like a good idea. I figure if he'll do mine I'll do his cause it's so much easier (at least to me) when you can see what you're doing.

Synnovea
March 9th, 2014, 11:01 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask him. My husband does my hair and my makeup from time to time. He's very artistic, so he has a natural eye for what looks good. He's also very good with his hands and he's a perfectionist, so he'll do either/or until it's right. From his perspective, he likes making me feel good and look good, so it's a win win for us.

alishaxmarie
March 9th, 2014, 11:22 PM
He already does brush it for me.... hmm this sounds like a good idea. I figure if he'll do mine I'll do his cause it's so much easier (at least to me) when you can see what you're doing.

In theory, this is true. However, I have the worst time braiding tightly enough when doing my sister's hair since I'm worried I'll pull too hard and hurt her. Her hair is also finer and silkier than mine so it slips out of my fingers. I don't have much difficulty doing my own hair but I couldn't do anything beyond a ponytail or basic loop bun before I started my hair journey; thank you youtube and pinterest and lots of practice. I think it's good to be able to do at least some styles yourself but it's even better that you have someone whom you can trust with your hair. :flower:

queenieheather
March 9th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I think it's great if he is willing. And doing each other's hair sounds really cute!

Nadine <3
March 9th, 2014, 11:44 PM
sounds like a good idea to me. My bf likes doing my sleep braids for me. He actually asked me if I would teach him how to braid :)

Gumball
March 9th, 2014, 11:58 PM
If DW asks me to help braid her hair or some such, I've got no problem doing that. :) No harm in asking!