PDA

View Full Version : Ways to boost hair growth? I am afraid it isn't growing to it's full potential?

Leslieslsa
March 8th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Maybe it's just an illusion. But I am growing the dye out and one of my hairs came out of my head and I looked at how long the root was and it was only two inches long! I haven't dyed it since July! But when I compare length shots, it looks like it grew just about the right amount. Is it possible the hairs are not all the same length? Do they grow at uneven lengths? Also what can I do to help speed up the process? My hair is in good shape and everything.

Rio040113
March 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
As far as I know, yes hairs do grow at different/uneven speeds, you probably just got a slow grower :p

Madora
March 8th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Not all hair reaches maturity at a certain length. Some fall out sooner, for whatever reason.

You might daily scalp massage, in the bent at the waist position, to encourage circulation among your follicles.

tlover
March 8th, 2014, 01:15 PM
When I started eating a vegetarian diet my hair started growing like weed.

I'm not saying that a vegetarian diet will work for you, the thing was when I started eating vegetarian food I started to care for what I was eating so I started eating healthier (some eats pasta and ketchup on a vegetarian diet and I Think you'll rather lose all your hair on that diet if you get what I meen). So you might get closer to your full potential if you eat healthier (whatever that would be for you)

Leslieslsa
March 8th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Is consuming caffeine beneficial to hair growth, or bad for it? Because I consume a lot everyday.

Magalo
March 8th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I haven't dyed in a year and you can tell the hair on my temples grow much slower than the rest. Seems normal to me!

lapushka
March 8th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I haven't dyed in a year and you can tell the hair on my temples grow much slower than the rest. Seems normal to me!

Seems normal to me too. Nothing to panic about.

mrs_coffee
March 8th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Is consuming caffeine beneficial to hair growth, or bad for it? Because I consume a lot everyday.

I drink a lot of coffee and tea and my hair averages around an inch a month. But the only way to find out for sure whether or not it hinders your growth is to try cutting back and see what happens. Everyone is different.

swearnsue
March 8th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Not only does hair grow at different speeds but hair that is about to fall out stops growing or grows very slowly the last couple of weeks. So shed hairs have shorter "roots".

ichosethis
March 8th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I found that my hair grew faster (and that I wasn't actually at my terminal length) when I cut back on washes from daily/every other day to 2-3 times a week and taking a hair, skin, nails vitamin. My hair was stuck at APL for years and I've just reached my waist, it's grown 8 inches since this past June or July with 3+ trims and being less than diligent about remembering to take the vitamin after the first month or so. Find something that works for you for greasy roots; I use a cornstarch and cocoa powder mix and gently rub it in then brush it out again when I feel I need it (which is pretty rare now), I really dislike the smell of most of the commercial dry shampoos and end up washing my hair anyways with them.

lapushka
March 8th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I drink a lot of coffee and tea and my hair averages around an inch a month. But the only way to find out for sure whether or not it hinders your growth is to try cutting back and see what happens. Everyone is different.

Same here. Nonsense that it has anything to do with caffeine.

Leslieslsa
March 8th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Wow you all make me feel so much better, thanks!

evalina
March 9th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Think a proper supply of nutrients is the best way to enhance growth. Many young women are iron deficient so a blood test would help.
My hair grows much better since I got my doctor to prescribe me iron supplements. I based my diet on a lot of fruits and vegies and beef.
I also drink plenty of tea, most preferably japanese green tea from their traditional iron tea pots and in the evening rooibos tea. Left over tea is usually used for my rinses when washing my hair.