PDA

View Full Version : Is this 'normal'?

sarahthegemini
March 7th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Hi guys, I'm stretching washes and recently discovered that if I only put conditioner on from chin down (as opposed to from bridge-of-nose level) my length doesn't get limp or piece-y as quickly. I'm on day 4 now and my hair looks fine, however it feels a little, I dunno, heavy? I keep checking to see if it looks limp because it feels like it should be, but it doesn't. Does that make sense? Anyway, those of you that don't wash hair every day or every other day, does your hair feel differently (ie. heavier?) between washes?

TIA!

Anje
March 7th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Mine gets heavier/less fluffy when I run my fingers through it, as the days pass. I think that's pretty normal.

For me on my wash schedule, it seems like when it starts to feel heavy, I probably want to wash about the next day if I don't want my hair to start to look piecey. That's going to vary radically with how much you need to wash, but I actually use it to judge when I need to next, because how quickly my hair gets oily changes a lot with the seasons.

sarahthegemini
March 7th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Mine gets heavier/less fluffy when I run my fingers through it, as the days pass. I think that's pretty normal.

For me on my wash schedule, it seems like when it starts to feel heavy, I probably want to wash about the next day if I don't want my hair to start to look piecey. That's going to vary radically with how much you need to wash, but I actually use it to judge when I need to next, because how quickly my hair gets oily changes a lot with the seasons.

Thanks for the reply. For the past few washes (since discovering the conditioner thing) I have been washing on day 5 so I suppose it makes sense that the heavy-ness is sort of a pre-lude to next day greasies.

DweamGoiL
March 7th, 2014, 12:13 PM
It sounds perfectly normal. I think wavy hair tends to get less airy as the days advance. I also stopped conditioning from so close up the top of my head and have started to do it from below my ear lobes down; so around the same area as you. I am also prone to limp roots so this works much better for me.