PDA

View Full Version : Impossible bangs?

Amahaitz
March 7th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Is it possible to cut bangs, or get bangs cut, that will...look good no matter which side you part your hair on, or even if you part it in the middle or don't part it...AND camouflage a high forehead without taking too much thickness away from the length...AND be easily trimmable at home...AND look good growing out if you decide you don't like them? Or is this "the impossible bang"?

Anje
March 7th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I'm no bangs expert (which might contribute to why I'm growing mine out and saying "never again"!), but I suspect that if you cut sideswept ones right you could get most of these. Obviously, you'd have to part them, but I imagine if you did them a little long and symmetrically, you could move that part around.

Weewah
March 7th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I think your best bet is long side swept bangs, more like short faceframing layers than bangs. Shorter bangs are pretty difficult. :\

Carolyn
March 7th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I would say yes it's impossible. Stylists aren't magicians.

ositarosita
March 7th, 2014, 05:19 PM
You just described my bangs ... if you want you can pm me and I can tell you how to cut them yourself.

faeriehaerie
March 7th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I cut mine just straight on the upper edge of my eyebrows. They take pretty much care of themselves, agree with every parting, curl a little, don't interfere with glasses or goggles, disapear under a headband, ... And I can see exactly how slow my hair grows. :smile:
I had them grown out once, which was quite smooth with some "transition time" with bobby pins.

MeowScat
March 7th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I have mine cut straight across the middle with the sides angled down and they look good parted in the middle, on the side or no part at all. I keep mine a little long, like to the bridge of my nose so I can curl them under for a little pouf and to sweep to the side a little easier. I just need to wash them under the faucet every day or so since they look greasy much faster than the rest of my hair. But it only takes about 30 seconds and they dry within minutes.

sumidha
March 7th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Yes to every part except looking good growing out. Pretty sure there will always be an awkward phase at some point. :)

ExpectoPatronum
March 7th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I have 'pixie' bangs, which are a bit longer at the sides. This allows me to style them straight across, or sweep them to either side. This might be what you're looking for as you can change the part or wear them straight across depending on how you have your hair. To cut them, you basically just twist and then cut. There are a ton of videos on youtube, which is where I learned to cut mine. :)