PDA

View Full Version : buns twisting?

archel
March 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I have this problem with my buns twisting after a while, and then my hairsticks are sticking up instead of sideways, if that makes any sense. I have tried weighing/anchoring one side down with bobby pins and it doesn't help. Any advice for me?

akurah
March 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Are you anchoring at all with scalp hair or is the hair stick going straight into the bun with no scalp hair?

I find if I anchor with a bit of scalp hair my buns don't budge much.

eadwine
March 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Scroos. Or sticking the stick in a little against the twisting direction so it ends up sitting ok after it's done moving.

archel
March 19th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Yep, I anchor with scalp hair so tight that it hurts at first. An hour later, the whole thing has shifted. I guess I have slick hair or something.

I can't believe I don't know what a scroo is. I know it's not dirty like it sounds...so what is a scroo? :-P

icydove
March 19th, 2008, 02:12 PM
This happens to me a lot, because I rarely use more than two hair tools at once, including hair pins. I just accept it, rebun and go on :D

Using several Amish pins or hair scoos would probably keep your updo steadier. And, as mentioned above, you must use scalp hair to secure the hairstyle.

eadwine
March 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Here are hair scroos: http://search.ebay.com/hair-scroo

archel
March 19th, 2008, 02:48 PM
EEE! I just bought 4 SCROOS on ebay! I'm gettin' scroo'd good! LMAO!!! :cheese: