PDA

View Full Version : Am I at BSL?

Arwenlily
March 7th, 2014, 01:02 AM
I know these pictures kind of stink but do you think I'm at BSL yet?

http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p743/Arwenlily/IMG_20140307_011201_592_zpsbc0987a0.jpg (http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Arwenlily/media/IMG_20140307_011201_592_zpsbc0987a0.jpg.html)
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p743/Arwenlily/IMG_20140307_011004_609_zps0aba00c3.jpg (http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Arwenlily/media/IMG_20140307_011004_609_zps0aba00c3.jpg.html)

My hair passes slightly over the bra strap. Obviously can't see it in the picture :doh:

ExpectoPatronum
March 7th, 2014, 01:55 AM
I'd call it BSL. That's about where my hair is :)

Arwenlily
March 7th, 2014, 02:31 AM
I'd call it BSL. That's about where my hair is :)

:happydance: It's so hard to tell most of the time because my waves/curls are different day to day.

ErinLeigh
March 7th, 2014, 02:34 AM
I think so. Congratulations :)

GoddessLocks
March 7th, 2014, 03:23 AM
I'd say so as well :)

midbackorbust
March 7th, 2014, 03:26 AM
It looks like it to me, nice hair!

Tini'sNewHair
March 7th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Hard to tell because of the way you stand, looks like your head is tilted backwards (sorry to be picky) but you should know by looking in the mirror when you are in your bra anyway :)

red-again
March 7th, 2014, 03:37 AM
I'd say you have a bit to go yet as it does look like Tini'sNewHair days, like you are tilting your head back slightly to get a good pic.

Carolyn
March 7th, 2014, 05:49 AM
I think you are close. You have your head tilted back and your camera angle isn't straight on. Both of those things will add length. Are you wanting to call it BSL when dried and curly or BSL when wet and or straight? If you can see that it covers the top of your bra then yes you are there. BSL is a very personal measurement. We all wear different bras and a lot of ladies wear ill fitting bras. What I mean is the back of the strap hikes up in an inverted vee. If you are able, next time you wash your hair and it is combed out and drying, reach behind your back and grab your ends and see if they are reaching your bra.

queenovnight
March 7th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I'd say yeah, BSL.

lapushka
March 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I'd say you have about an inch to go.

jacqueline101
March 7th, 2014, 09:36 AM
It looks like bsl to me.

Arwenlily
March 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone! I didn't realize I was tilting my head back at all, when I was taking the picture I really felt like my has straight :( I'll try again and reassess.

Remi
March 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I think you are close. You have your head tilted back and your camera angle isn't straight on. Both of those things will add length. Are you wanting to call it BSL when dried and curly or BSL when wet and or straight? If you can see that it covers the top of your bra then yes you are there. BSL is a very personal measurement. We all wear different bras and a lot of ladies wear ill fitting bras. What I mean is the back of the strap hikes up in an inverted vee. If you are able, next time you wash your hair and it is combed out and drying, reach behind your back and grab your ends and see if they are reaching your bra.

I would say so. Your hair is a little curlier than mine, so maybe check the length next time you wash your hair. Mine is two inches shorter when dry because of the waves. But yes, I definitely think you are there! :applause

sarahthegemini
March 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
I would say you're not quite there as you're tilting a little, but I don't think you're far off.

mysticmanic
March 7th, 2014, 11:34 AM
If you're not there already, you ALMOST are! Love your waves. It looks like how I'd try to do mine with a waver (or triple barrel curling iron) when I used heat styling. (:

bunzfan
March 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I think your head is ever so slightly tilted back does your camera not have a self timer that's the most accurate way of doing it.

umbrellabones
March 7th, 2014, 11:58 AM
ALMOST! It looks like you are very close, if not there already. from the picture it looks like you have a little ways left

Arwenlily
March 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=Carolyn;2661828]I think you are close. You have your head tilted back and your camera angle isn't straight on. Both of those things will add length. Are you wanting to call it BSL when dried and curly or BSL when wet and or straight? If you can see that it covers the top of your bra then yes you are there. BSL is a very personal measurement. We all wear different bras and a lot of ladies wear ill fitting bras. What I mean is the back of the strap hikes up in an inverted vee. If you are able, next time you wash your hair and it is combed out and drying, reach be/hind your back and grab your ends and see if they are reaching your bra.[/QUOTE/]

I'd like it to be BSL when curly because that is how it would be most of the time. Ir is just that it is so hard to determine the length because my hair varies day to day. Maybe it would be easier to tell when wet though.

Arwenlily
March 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I think your head is ever so slightly tilted back does your camera not have a self timer that's the most accurate way of doing it.

I dont think my phone has a self timer :( I tried to have my husband take the picture after measuring for me but ir never seems to come out good.

lovehair10
March 7th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I dont think my phone has a self timer :( I tried to have my husband take the picture after measuring for me but ir never seems to come out good.

I think your more or less there :)

Arwenlily
March 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I'd say you have about an inch to go.

Yeah, I'm going to have to say I think that you are probably right. Maybe by the beginning of next month I will be there. I have been growing about an inch a month.

Bubbjo5
March 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
yes I wud say so

red-again
March 8th, 2014, 04:53 AM
I'd say you have a bit to go yet as it does look like Tini'sNewHair says, like you are tilting your head back slightly to get a good pic.

Saying that, you are very close though. You have the tiniest bit left to grow ( pun intended) Your hair is beautiful. You'll soon be asking us if you are at waist!

Marika
March 8th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I would call that BSL because you're definitely closer to BSL than APL. Personally, I don't like to use the term BSL because when I have a good and suppotive bra on, BSL = MBL. BSL is too vague achievement IMHO :p

BrownEyedBeauty
March 8th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I think that you are close but not officially there yet. It will happen soon.

jacqueline101
March 8th, 2014, 08:51 AM
I would call that BSL because you're definitely closer to BSL than APL. Personally, I don't like to use the term BSL because when I have a good and suppotive bra on, BSL = MBL. BSL is too vague achievement IMHO :p

I agree bsl is hard to determine due to bras fitting differently. That's why I am waiting until I reach the end of my sports bra. It's got a thick band which will put me near mbl. I look at it this way once I accomplish this my next goal will get easier.

Arwenlily
March 8th, 2014, 09:49 AM
I agree bsl is hard to determine due to bras fitting differently. That's why I am waiting until I reach the end of my sports bra. It's got a thick band which will put me near mbl. I look at it this way once I accomplish this my next goal will get easier.

Yeah that definitely makes sense. I think I'll too because then MBL will bw close behind.

jacqueline101
March 8th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Yeah that definitely makes sense. I think I'll too because then MBL will bw close behind.

That's why I'm using my sports bra band as a measuring length because when I'm done I have roughly four inches until mbl. It puts a damper on breezing through bsl but the next one will be easier.