PDA

View Full Version : Help.....what's happening/happened?

diddiedaisy
March 6th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hi all,

Bit of history...my hair is collarbone length but jumps up to shoulder with wave. My hemline at the bottom 2-3 inches is see though. I have fine layered hair which obviously doesn't help the hemline but my longterm aim is to microtrim these away. I had a massive shed last summer due to stress.

Problem now.... I've got my hair up today and I have noticed that a lot of the hair at the back (which would form underneath hemline) is only 3 inches long. My length from nape is 6 inches. No wonder my hemline looks thin, between layers and funny short bits there's only half of my hair there. These 3 inch hairs are all over my head on the underneath.

Do you think its regrowth with being my whole head underneath? Or could it be damage?

I don't want to cut the length yet, but it looks messy up and crappy at the back when its down. I cant braid or anything and my hairs so soft and fine these wispy bits stick out everywhere. So what do I do?

please help me

I cant do a photo as my phones in the shop

Lindseyh
March 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I have little hairs like that too and most of the time I just let them be. I think they're remains of pony tail breakage and haven't caught up with the rest of my hair. Sometimes I will gather them and bobby pin them into the base of my bun. They're so fine and wispy it doesn't last very long. You might smooth some gel over them to get them to stay together with the rest of you hair.
This is how mine looks:
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o669/lindseyh10/th_81A952EB-231F-404A-87AC-B32752556C78-7155-00000660545B0AFF_zps5a3a8038.jpg (http://s1337.photobucket.com/albums/o669/lindseyh10/?action=view&current=81A952EB-231F-404A-87AC-B32752556C78-7155-00000660545B0AFF_zps5a3a8038.jpg)

Anje
March 6th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Seems likely to me that it's regrowth. If you get about 6 inches a year and this stuff started coming in right after your shed last summer, 3 inches long would be about right.

ebba
March 6th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Are you me?? Your hair sounds exactly like mine lol but yes like Anje said its probably regrowth from your shed. I would recommend making sure you are trimming off any splits there and putting more oils there to protect it.

jg260290
March 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about :) after having my baby and going through some stress full times my hair was falling out in what seemed like clumps (no bald spots but noticeably thinner all over) and now I have tiny little 2 inch hairs all through my hair (almost like a double coat on a dog) but the only thing to do is really baby it and wait for them to grow out. Some of mine is breakage but a lot is new hair, in a couple of months they will look a bit better and blend better if you take care of them :)