PDA

View Full Version : What are your normal styles?

Periwinkle
September 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
While many of us here at LHC can do insanely complicated things with our hair, we also (unfortunately!) have concerns other than our hair and so can't spend twenty hours a day adjusting our hair. For that reason, I'm sure I'm not alone in having only a few styles that I wear, even though I can do many others - so what are yours?

I wear English braids (Dianyla's method and regular method), French braids, ponytails, scrunchie buns, figure 8s and occasionally cinnamon buns.

I don't wear anything with pigtails because it annoys me. I don't wear anything with a part because it doesn't suit me. I can do pinned-up braids but I don't like the look so much, and no fakkares or claw clips are large enough to hold my hair :( Still, I'm pretty happy with my lot :D

florenonite
September 12th, 2008, 02:03 PM
You think you only have a few styles you do with your hair? I've got French braids (one or two), ponytails, and cinnabuns (when they work out). I also sometimes do half-up ponytails held with a claw clip. This is about all I can do and all my hair can do.

Oh, and there's two English braids, though I can think of once in the past year that I've worn that, and that wasn't even for a full day, as my hair just doesn't like it. Solitary English braids don't work out as my hair tends to slip out of it.

ETA: I forgot that I sometimes do sock buns when I don't, well, forget about them xP

Gumball
September 12th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I've got a number of things I can do to my hair, given mood, time, effort, etc. Sometimes it helps to have help, too, with the things I know how to do on other people but can't quite do to myself. Mostly I tend to stick with either a regular braid or a figure eight bun as they tend to be the quickest to do. Sometimes I'll throw a rope braid into the mix as that is sometimes pretty quick, too.

may1em
September 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Down on wash day (unless damp bunning as is the case for night washing and washing on days I need to wear a bike helmet), half back with a claw clip or barrette on the day or two after washing.

The rest of the time, cinnabun with either a ficcare or sticks, figure 8 with sticks, forks, or Wavelength pins, or Chinese bun. I've also started doing more rope braids.

Probably once every other week I attempt something fancy.

Xi
September 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Braided cinnabuns and braided nautilus-ish bun -- I'm too much of a hair idiot to make non-braided buns stay up reliably.:rolleyes:

almudena
September 12th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Cinnabuns and english braid.

dorothea-brooke
September 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Here are my go-tos, in order of frequency :): lazy wrap bun/orchid bun (I sort of think of these as the same category); Gibraltar bun/cinnabun (ditto); French twist/log roll; braided cinnabun; low nape ponytail with barrette; half-up with barrette. Lately I wear braids down only for running or soccer. This is wrong.

Hmmm, it actually seems I do quite a few! :shrug:

SweetPea88
September 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
For me it's braids (English, Dutch, and French), cinnabuns, orchid buns, and half ups that are braided on each side and then braided together (combination braid?).

RoseRedDead
September 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM
English braids, banded pony-tails, infinity buns (love this to death), and occasionally what I guess is a cinnabun. I think I'm going to work on a French twist now...

.Amanaka.
September 12th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I can do cinnamon/blob buns, a faux crown braid, a 'braided mat' (I have no idea if this actually has a name or not, braids (English only), and I can sort of do a figure-ehh bun - but I don't attempt that very often.

Ohio Sky
September 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
While many of us here at LHC can do insanely complicated things with our hair, we also (unfortunately!) have concerns other than our hair and so can't spend twenty hours a day adjusting our hair. For that reason, I'm sure I'm not alone in having only a few styles that I wear, even though I can do many others - so what are yours?

I wear English braids (Dianyla's method and regular method), French braids, ponytails, scrunchie buns, figure 8s and occasionally cinnamon buns.

I don't wear anything with pigtails because it annoys me. I don't wear anything with a part because it doesn't suit me. I can do pinned-up braids but I don't like the look so much, and no fakkares or claw clips are large enough to hold my hair :( Still, I'm pretty happy with my lot :D

I've seen people mention Dianyla's method of braiding but how is it different?

Katahdin
September 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well, I'm totally crap at learning new hair styles, lol.

Right now I'm working on learning how to do a cinnamon bun, and I can get it to hold, but it isn't exactly nice-looking. One day maybe I'll be good enough to be able to wear one out in public. :)

My usual styles are just a plain braid, a cinnabun held with a large claw clip (because that hides most of it pretty well), a "twisty thingy" with a hairstick, and occasionally I may wear a Chinese bun, but I'm trying to stay away from pony tails, so that's not often. I can also get "plain" buns with this "Hairagami" thing, but that also needs a pony tail, so I avoid it.

LeaM07
September 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Lately I've been doing nothing but flipped buns and the occasional pinless braided bun. I can do others, but these are quick and low-risk. The braid part does take a little time, but I can usually count on it to look decent (others I often have to redo to get them to look like I want).

Teazel
September 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM
To me, a french braid is "insanely complicated". I cannot do it... I run out of arms and my hair tangles mercilessly. :(

My go-to styles are a single plait and the infinity bun. If I'm thinking about what I'm doing, my updo might be a flipped bun, nautilus bun, or rope braid bun. Or I might add a ribbon or gauzy scarf.

I can do a number of other styles - pix of most are in my album - but they'd only be for special occasions, or if I felt like a change.

Pierre
September 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Dutch braids (with my curly hair they stay in place for days), a bun held with a hair scroo, and loose held at the sides with Mini Maxes (one of which has gone missing in the past few days - I braided my hair part way down, held with elastics, and held the elastics together with one Mini Max).

Islandgrrl
September 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
<---- hair spaz. I can do cinnabuns (my go-to style these days), lumpy & lopsided french twists, a gibraltar bun (sort of), english, french and dutch braids. That sums it all up pretty well!

Denebi
September 12th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Well, if I just took some more time in the morning.... Most of the time I'm wearing a figure-8, it's so simple and quick. I also like the dutch braid very much, I do this rather often in the evening.

Yeah, that's it! And it's a pity, I *can* do a lot more, but I only do it to try out if it works. Which it does, so I'm happy with the fact that I *could* do it, but still never wear it outside! Silly, isn't it? On rare occassions, I do something else, but then I feel a bit uncomfortable, because I fear it might not look nice, or fall down a minute after I arrive wherever I was heading.

psycho
September 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I wear a cinnamon bun most of the time, an English or French braid otherwise. Yep, that's about it.

If it's a special occasion I'll wear my hair down or half-up in a barrette. I can do a lot more, but generally choose not to devote the brain cells to it :P

prosperina
September 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Here's my list of extremely varied hair styles: :rolleyes: :D

cinnabun with hair stick(s)
cinnabun with ficcare
cinnabun with hair fork
cinnabun with good hair days pins

wadded up hair explosion a.k.a. my hair is too long for a peacock twist held with a ficcare

half up with hair fork
half up with barrette
half up with ficcare or stick
down
sock bun

My hair is too layered and too thick for interesting stuff, plus I'm lazy.

Indigo Girl
September 12th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Scrunchie buns, three strand braids, and lopsided log rolls w/ Ficcares are my standards.

Pretty boring, but I like quick and easy styles as I don't have patience for nicer updos.

Magicknthenight
September 12th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I don't really know many styles. I try them all the time but they don't really turn out all pretty like the picture :shrug:
Mostly i wear either a lazy or infinity bun. But lately the lazy bun isn't really working..since its gotten longer i have to make constant adjustments to where the ends go. Once in a while i really try to do other hairstyles but usually just end up with tired arms and a bit frustrated. Also twisting with the little hairs that wrap around my fingers so rope braids are kinda hard for me. They kinda go lose. o i also know the basic braid but i don't really do that much anymore.

Hmm i haven't been doing the infinity bun lately cuz its kind of frustrating trying to twist my hair up the way i like it when I'm in a hurry. Especially when i have to redo it but its more stable then the lazy bun. i have to redo lazy buns a couple times a day.

KarenLynn
September 12th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Cinnamon bun, inside-out bun, non-twisted bun, wrapped bun, braided bun, modified swirly bun... Those are by far the most common styles I wear - out of the house. At home, I wear a single braid a lot.

The other day I got a wild hair and did a cascade style with a jaw clip, but I can't remember the last time that happened, so it doesn't count.

renarok
September 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I love the lazy wrap right now for my length, it holds well and is kind to my hair. I wear french braids, cinnabun, english braid, and flipped cinnabun. I wish I could still wear a french twist.

embee
September 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I do gibralter or orchid for everyday. Used to do equilibrium, but that takes two hairsticks and more time. Can do a wrapped braid (around my crown, like a coronet) but it's a nuisance. In summer I wear a sunhat so a low bun in back is best.

What is "lazy wrap"?

peachrose
September 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM
My hair is still pretty short but I usually do a simple bun, a french twist with sticks or double braids...

dorothea-brooke
September 12th, 2008, 11:22 PM
What is "lazy wrap"?

Lazy Wrap Bun Instructions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=72).

My daily bun. :)

Soniasonia
September 12th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Down when im out and bun when i'm home doing the cleaning and what not:D

eadwine
September 13th, 2008, 12:41 AM
In the 10 second quick bun but braided first.

Nevermore
September 13th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Cinnabun with a hairstick, braided bun with a stick, braided bun with pins (either a single braid or two braids), an updo I invented that looks like a figure 8 on the top and makes it look like I have LOADS of hair and a folded braid.

sexyjacksparrow
September 13th, 2008, 02:30 AM
My hair normally either down, in a single English braid or a little bun. Not sure what kind of bun - I just keep wrapping the hair around and secure it with a band or clip.

Slug Yoga
September 13th, 2008, 03:01 AM
I can do cinnamon/blob buns, a faux crown braid, a 'braided mat' (I have no idea if this actually has a name or not, braids (English only), and I can sort of do a figure-ehh bun - but I don't attempt that very often.

What's the "braided mat"?

As for me, I usually do some sort of pseudo-figure-eight thing crammed into a fakkare.

Carina
September 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
I love my scrunchies:crush:.My hair is to short for hairsticks:wail:.But small buns and braids works just fine.I don't like ponytails.

Celtica
September 13th, 2008, 05:08 AM
My hair is usually in a Cinnabun w/single hairstick, a single english braid down my back, or simple low ponytail. I like low fuss, quick-to-do styles that hold all day without needing to be redone.

rockkcor
September 13th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Pony tail at work loose at home...
Not so exciting I guess :)

Periwinkle
September 13th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I've seen people mention Dianyla's method of braiding but how is it different?

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=23652

The hair is parted differently, which makes a braid that starts in the middle of the head. It can also help with more even parting for some people, so the sections are even.

tiny_teesha
September 13th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I wear heaps of random cinnabun/bee butt bun hybrids, held with a mini maxima fake.
Lots of pony tails...and plaits at night.
Uh... yeah i think those are my main styles. But i do like to part my hair to the side usually. But I'm trying to shake it up more lately.
I actually like inventing weird hair styles....not sure why! I guess i have a lot of time on my hands!

Gecko
September 13th, 2008, 06:58 AM
My normal styles are regular buns and my bangs pulled back when it's down. I don't really mind that that's all I do...

akka naeda
September 13th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Single plait, plaited stickless bun, plaited fig 8, swirly bun

minuncy
September 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
My hair's usually in a single english braid when at school. Sometimes, on wash days I may wear it down. I've been doing a french twist a lot though...

^_^

freznow
September 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Braided bun, log roll with my one and only large ficcare, or loose inside out bun.

That's about it. Occasionally I'll try to do something else, but none work as well as those, so mostly that's it.

Akiko
September 13th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Because my hair is not so long, I like Gibson tuck. It doesn't hurt my scalp and looks pretty classy. I would like to make a nice braided bun. But I just don't have enough hair for it.

Melein
September 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Ponytail, Chinese bun, sock bun, and a couple of random styles involving a big claw clip that I don't think have names. I can't braid, so that limits me quite a bit.

LilyMunster
September 13th, 2008, 12:18 PM
French twist and cinnabun w or w/o braid.

Masara
September 14th, 2008, 12:30 AM
At the moment, I'm wearing a lot of braids; French, Dutch, 4-strand, 5-strand. I don't generally wear an English braid out of the house (I prefer to wait until my hair is longer) If I'm doing a bun it will be a karrenlynn knot, cinabun or rope braided bun.

I can do other things, but at the moment anything that takes more than one stick/clip/fork/elastic is too much hassle.

Meli
September 14th, 2008, 02:34 AM
One or two regular English braids, pinless braided bun or, if I'm in a hurry, a soft Nautilus bun. I can do several other styles, but I usually am a bit lazy... :o

Stevy
September 14th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I seem to do one day of twisted or wrapped buns to one or two days of braided buns, depending on whether my hair's clean or dirty - when my hair's clean I tend to default to the French twist, figure-8. cinnabun, Gibraltar bun, equilibrium bun, or some kind of wrapped bun, whereas when it's dirty I do a pinless braided bun (which is the only style that looks half-decent on fourth-day hair on me) or a three- or five- strand Dutch braid with a bun at the bottom.

SparklePi
September 14th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Lazy Wrap Bun Instructions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=72).

My daily bun. :)

THANK YOU For the Video! I just got a new 'do!:cheese:
Yes, it's cheese worthy to me, cause i usually (around the house hair, which is most days) do just a single English braid, ponytail with braid or mutli ponytails down the length to contain it, or my --whatever it is, twisty bun with chopstick thing i do--it's SO fast and secure.

That's my daily list! I am trying to vary it more since there are other choices to be learned here on LHC...but other than cinnibun, they have not made it to the daily use stage yet.
and i agree with PP who said "wish i could still do French Twists!" ME TOO. Quick, pretty, polished, professional. Oh well. I'm not trading a foot of hair for it. :D

immortalstar
September 14th, 2008, 04:57 AM
When I'm running, it's usually a bunned braid or a claw clip... When I'm in lectures, it's usually a blobby bun to keep me from resting my head against the (way too comfortable!) cinema chairs, haha.

At night it can differ, I'll usually do a high bun, but if I know I'll wash in the morning I'll do a comfortable Dutch braid (I don't like braid waves =(). Wow, that brings my styles to... 4 :p!

Chromis
September 14th, 2008, 01:46 PM
My everyday styles are logrolls, figure 8 buns, cinnabuns, and lately Gibraltar buns. I wear an English braid for sleeping, sometimes a French and I do false crown braids for traveling.

I can do a few others, but always love figuring out more!

Bene
September 14th, 2008, 02:13 PM
the only ones i do are the lazy wrap bun and the cinnamon bun.

Anlbe
September 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
as I can only use sticks, pins and ribbons my hair does regular bun with a stick most of the time and down occassionaly. For sports a french braid, one if its low impact, two if its high impact or rowing. I'd love to wear a french twist to work but I haven't found the right way for it to work in my hair.

dorothea-brooke
September 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM
THANK YOU For the Video! I just got a new 'do!:cheese:

Oh, don't thank me -- thank Savi! I am merely the bearer of good tidings. :bow:

:)

AnneAdeline
September 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I do mostly braids (Dutch, English, French) and put them up with sticks or make a braid-bun. They work so much better at keeping my shorter layers contained. I also do sock buns every once in a while.

Duchess of Erat
September 15th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I mostly wear a cinnamonbun, sometimes figure 8 or infinity (are they really the same except that one's horizontal the other vertical, or am I missing something?) and the wrap thing every now and then. Rarely an english braid or loose with a headband or something to keep it off my face.

My at home style is a single english braid.

rhubarbarin
September 15th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I am ashamed to say my only updos are a messy bun held with bobby pins; or a French twist. However my hair has to be in exactly the right condition for a French twist to hold and look nice, so it's mostly the messy bun. At least I am wearing it up instead of down!

My hair is thin (my circ. is over 2", but my length is all broken off) and I just don't like the way braids or buns look.. so scrawny.

Fencai
September 15th, 2008, 08:00 AM
im usually a braid, sock bun, twist with ficcare or sticks kinda girl.
hairs still a little short to do too much with it, oh and ponytails too.

Kaeri
September 15th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Hmm......
Normal braid,
Very occasionally 1 french braid (tho I don't like my face when I do this so its not often),
Infinity bun (only recently learned and I cant get it right everytime yet)
If I go out dressed up I tend to have half down with the top section split into 2 plaits, one on either side, that run about halfway down my back (leaving a long tail in with the hair thats down)
Occasionally in summer on holiday french plait pigtails (a single braid on holiday on malaysia = a very hot and sweaty back of neck)

I really do have to learn more styles :s

Suitsuki
September 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Outside, mostly a cinnamon or gibraltar bun held with a stick, or fork. Sometimes a ficcare. At home I just let it loose unless it's hot.

But I definitely need to practice braiding. I love how a thick, smooth braid looks.. too bad I can't do a decent one yet :silly:

rhysiana
September 15th, 2008, 10:29 AM
At work: cinnamon bun (with fork, sticks, or claw clip at top), flipped ponytail, and what I call the "cheater" French braid (half-up ponytail, with all the length braided together below it). I did finally figure out how to do a real French braid on myself, but I can't do it regularly or fast yet.

At home: low ponytail, standard English braid (also just learned Dianyla's English braid, so I've done that a couple of times), two braids, or loose

At karate: high ponytail, braided high ponytail

Molster
September 15th, 2008, 10:39 AM
My standard styles are the Split bun, the Nautilus, Figure-8, or just a simple English braid (mostly at weekends). If I'm feeling really adventurous I might do a Chinese bun or an infinity, or pin my braid round, crown-style.

Some styles I tried for a while but just couldn't get on with - the log roll is one of those. Never could get it to stay comfortably all day with sticks, and I don't like 'mechanical' clips like ficcares. I like a style I can shove a couple of sticks into and don't have to think about til bedtime!

However, I'm always on the lookout for something new that's relatively quick and simple - I watch this thread with interest...

aprilmay
September 15th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I wear my hair down, in a ponytail, in a pony braid, and in a bun with a hair comb/stick or a sloppy bun with an elastic.

Medvssa
September 15th, 2008, 10:52 AM
My more normal style seems to be loose :p but I also wear it up with a hairstick. Cinnamon buns don't seems to work for me, so I do a sort of folded under twist that I hold with a hairstick, and it stays very well. Most of the time I wear my hair up it's like this.

I ocasionally put on a very loose and low ponytail (doesn't fall due to my curls, tight updos of any sort annoy me).

danacc
September 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
My go-to styles are the wrapped orchid bun and the Celtic knot. I will also put my hair up in an inside-out bun, figure 8, and flipped bun (thanks for the reminder of this one--I love the way it looks). Single-stick or single-fork 'do's always top my list.

Occasionally I'll French braid it in a single braid, and loop up the braided tail, then pin the loops and ends into position with a small Flexi-8 at the crown.

At home, I wear a single English braid with no tie-offs anywhere.

Katze
September 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I can only make a very, very few 'dos work on my hair. I'm beginning to think my hair will always be updo-resistant (messy, scalp cleavage, tapered).

At the moment this is what works for me, in order of preference:

1) Down with or without long bangs clipped back is my preferred hairdo.
2) halfups of some kind, either the top/front pulled straight back or the front and sides back.
3) a "messy updo" - all hair scraped back up to the crown of my head, twisted and held with a Ficcare. Adding a headband helps keep the messy look like it's on purpose; otherwise I'd have to use about 6 bobby pins to keep the front, sides, and nape in place.
4) two Dutch braids, pinned along each other at the back of my head.

I have tried and tried to make folded braids, all kinds of buns, tucked French braids, log rolls, crown braids, braided buns, ponytails, half-ponytails, and all the other 'dos you people here have mostly mastered, with no success. My hair is so messy, never lies flat, the ends are thin and a different color, and the nape hairs stick out like a lobster tail. Trying to get any kind of smooth, elegant-looking or tidy-looking updo is impossible with my hair.

Therefore, I look and feel happier with myself as well as more "professional" when I wear my hair down.

sneakybea
September 18th, 2008, 01:19 AM
My most common hairstyle is the figure eight bun, followed by the regular bun. My favorite hairstyle for flying is two English braids, because I don't like having anything bumpy at the back of my head. I also wear this style for my dance class, because it's secure and again, no bumpies when we do warm ups/floor work.

Melisande
September 18th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Simple cinnamon bun, French twist, flipped bun, wrapped bun, braided bun, sock bun, figure 8 bun and scarf bun are my favorites, held with Ficcare, Flexi8, sticks, fork, Amish pins or scroos.

Dutch braids make my head appear flat but French braid is okay: tucked or braided or folded, one or two.

I should try half ups, rope braids (i can do them only on others), herringbone braids (the same problem) and the wonderful knots and buns found on this site. Note to self: let's start today with greater variation in my updos!

carolineb
September 18th, 2008, 05:39 AM
my normal styles are the nautilus bun, which i find extremely comfortable, the chinese or japanese bun, the knot bun, and when i don't want any weight, i just braid, english or french braid, rope braid and herringbone if i have a bit more time are my favourite ones for now.

curls2grow
September 18th, 2008, 05:53 AM
I wear a bun nearly every day in the summer. Other times of the year, my standard is a half-up or ponytail. I am starting to wear my hair loose/down more now. My hair is curly (3b/3c)

Amoretti
September 18th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I can do several nice updos/buns and they work well with my hair but I always wear a Figure 8. I have fallen into a rut with this one. Sigh.

I don't really like 2 long braids on me; I feel like an overgrown schoolgirl; I like sophisticated looking styles or messy (but artful) buns.

My Infinity buns look really bad now that my hair is so long. The whole bun just sticks out from my head in a weird way so I'm avoiding those now. LOL.

Vivien'
September 18th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Basic bun and simple braid for me. Basically the bun is for school/work and the braid for activities which requires movement (bike, hiking for example) or for sleeping. I didn't wear my hair in ponytail often (too many knots after). Loose hair is for No-activity-days.

Anyway, I don't know other styles, so... :D

LadyLongLocks
September 18th, 2008, 09:08 AM
BUNS...BUNS...BUNS 95% of the time. I have been wearing the basic cinnamon bun a lot since I can distribute the weight very well with small clips and I can hide the clips with my hair. I can also do this style in under a minute with no mirror! I started adding accessories to decorate the bun. I add a barrette or hair slide or some type of hair toy just to make it look different.
I also do a JJJ Pretzel Bun and a reverse "S".
All of these styles are in my bun album.

sapphire-o
September 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure I can arrange them in the correct rank, but I'll try. I have slippery hair so most of my styles are a bit altered to make it tighter.

- Gibraltar bun, with forks or sticks
- Tightened infinity bun, with sticks and forks
- Log roll with ends folded in, with Ficcare
- Log roll with ends sticking out, with slides.
- Butterfly bun, with a single stick
- Braids and about a dozen other styles

Oh and I forgot, I wear my hair down all the time, too.

Isilme
September 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
figure eight, definitely. Sometimes a dutch braid, either loose or pinned up. A wrapped bun or an infinity. From time to time simple braid but I find they get fuzzy very soon.

goodenough
September 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
cinnabun with stick or fork
figure eight with stick or clips
dutch braid (gets fuzzy quick)
two english braids for active endeavors

down
half up

my "cool" style right now--saw it on a customer--

pull your hair into a half up and english braid it down the length. secure w/pony holder
pull the braid and the bottom half of hair into ponytail
the pony looks decorated with the braid, and the braid helps the pony not slip out

AprilElf
September 19th, 2008, 05:37 AM
For a while now, I've been keeping a record of how I wear my hair each day, to see which styles I wear the most. I haven't yet gone through and totalled it all up, but I have done a quick analysis of my recent holiday (the last 6 weeks). I reckon this is a fairly good indication of what my go-to styles are; the ones I can rely on to be easy, quick and stable.

They are, in order of frequency:
=Celtic Knot and Orchid Wrap
=Infinity Bun and Flipped-Up Cinnabun
=Cinnabun (plain) and High Cinnabun (at the crown)
=English Braid (single, or twin) and Rope Braid (two, or four strand)

Anje
September 19th, 2008, 07:39 AM
My usual standbys are inside-out buns, orchid wraps, and English braids. I'll probably have one or two days a week where I vary from that enough to do a Karenlynn knot, cinnamon bun, or French/Dutch braid.

Two English braids is also fun, on non-lab days.

c_adkins
September 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I usually wear my hair half up/half down, in a pony tail, wrapped in a bun/knot, and a french braid. I would love to do an English braid but my layers are still too short. The lazy bun looks easy enough I may try that as well, but I don't have any hair sticks just yet.