PDA

View Full Version : Just trimmed off last of bleach damaged lengths

red-again
March 5th, 2014, 06:09 AM
It's in the title really, but, yes, I've finally plucked up the courage to use Faye's self trim method and trim about 2" of hair. I think that is the last of the bleach damage from two years ago gone now. I have been taking tiny bits off for ages now a but due to the damaged ends snapping off, I haven't seen a great deal of growth for a good while. The ends were also very thin, less than an inch circumference due to them being grown out layers as well as thin from the chemical processes. So I just decided to go for it and get it sorted one and for all. I haven't ended up with the straightest of hemlines, tis a bit wobbly but I'll get my eldest dd to sort it out when she gets home from school and will post pics then.

i was solidly BSL, part past BSL. I am now above BSL by about a centimetre but my hair feels great.
i am now going to start wearing my hair up pretty much all the time ( have been wearing it down all the time). And I'm going to buy myself a sleep cap as I didn't enjoy the feel of the silk pillowcase I had.
Other than that I am going to plunge deeply into benign neglect! I'm also going to get more into oils and smt's too

hopefully now I will finally see some growth! I've just treated myself to a three prong, purple heart wood fork from jeterforks and am off to order a sleepcap now too.

Thx for reading!

Rushli
March 5th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Congrats! I can only imagine how good it must feel to have virgin hair after dealing with damaged ends! Sounds like you have a good plan for taking care of you hair. I just started with a sleep cap, just got my first jeterfork (3 prong bocote) and just committed to 6 months of wearing it up.

emilia1992
March 5th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Hey there!

I recognise the feeling..... Yeah I was really nervous too before trimming my own hair for the first time (I had visions of a diagonal hemline - fortunately it came out fine, and straight!)

You hair will make it back to BSL in no time; meanwhile, enjoy your fresh ends! :)

slynr
March 5th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Congratulations! I too am growing out chemical processing for about a year and a half. I know what a pain it is and what a huge deal it is to be finally done. I cant wait myself. You should be very proud. I would think you will gain length so much easier now!!

Auburndreaming
March 5th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Congratulations! It must be such a wonderful feeling to have cut off the last parts of damaged hair, I can't wait for when I can finally do that. :)

clioariane
March 5th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Congrats! You must be so pleased. I'm in the same boat and am getting a trim in a week to cut out the last bits of bleach :)

Firefox7275
March 5th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Well done!

abauer789
March 6th, 2014, 11:58 AM
That is so exciting and a great accomplishment! I am doing the same and can't wait until I can say the same thing! Enjoy your healthy hair!:o

Nebulae
March 6th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Yay, congrats! That must be a great feeling. :)

I can't wait until I get to cut off the last bits of pre-LHC hair that is damaged by chemical dyes, heat and mechanical damage. I'm not ready to lose so much length yet so I'm trimming it off gradually.

Ambystoma
March 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Next time you trim, you might want to try Spidermom's trick for getting a good sharp hemline with Feye's method - she traps her ends in a book before snipping. I tried it with my last trim and got an even better result than usual so I'd recommend it! :)

Crumpet
March 6th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Next time you trim, you might want to try Spidermom's trick for getting a good sharp hemline with Feye's method - she traps her ends in a book before snipping. I tried it with my last trim and got an even better result than usual so I'd recommend it! :)

That's brilliant! Spidermom is a good thing!!

OP -- congrats! I got some highlights for a bit and stopped about 15 months ago. Hopefully my own hair will grow out well and I'll be in your situation soon.