PDA

View Full Version : Hair fall with MSM?

Saldana
March 4th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I started MSM again after a looooong haitus, and weathered the (mild) headache for a few days, and one night of awful insomnia (I forgot about how MSM affects me, and took my first dose in the afternoon - bad idea). But I'm noticing a few extra loose hairs in the past day or so; I don't remember having that reaction before. I seem to recall that previously when I took it, my hair fall decreased quite a bit. Has anybody else had increased hair fall when starting up MSM? I'm hoping maybe it's just coincidental, or maybe it's just an adjustment thing.

Ideas?

Firefox7275
March 5th, 2014, 07:54 AM
If you are getting any side effects that could be a sign this supplement or dose is not for you, that your body is not happy.

DweamGoiL
March 5th, 2014, 09:17 AM
I used to take MSM for joints. I didn't find out until much later that it was also beneficial for hair, but I never had an adverse reaction and I have a lot of food allergies and sensitivities. If you are having a reaction to MSM, I would stop taking it immediately.

diddiedaisy
March 5th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I've been taking msm for a couple of months now. My shedding has decreased but as I'm also taking biotin and multi vits I cant say for sure which is helping the shedding. It also gives me insomnia if I take more than 500mg. It's definitely one for taking first thing in the morning!!!

milque
March 5th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I started MSM again after a looooong haitus, and weathered the (mild) headache for a few days, and one night of awful insomnia (I forgot about how MSM affects me, and took my first dose in the afternoon - bad idea). But I'm noticing a few extra loose hairs in the past day or so; I don't remember having that reaction before. I seem to recall that previously when I took it, my hair fall decreased quite a bit. Has anybody else had increased hair fall when starting up MSM? I'm hoping maybe it's just coincidental, or maybe it's just an adjustment thing.

Ideas?

I experience this too with MSM, I even started a thread about it some weeks back. The shed became too much that I had to stop taking it after only 2 weeks of starting. The shedding decreased immediately when I stopped, but it was still, and continues to be, more than usual. I'm pretty sure it was the MSM that was causing the excessive shedding :(

If your body is reacting negatively in any way to a supplement, you should stop taking it and consult a doctor.

midbackorbust
March 6th, 2014, 12:36 AM
MSM had the opposite effect for me, but I'm sure it varies from person to person.

ywall
March 7th, 2014, 12:09 AM
MSM had the opposite effect for me, but I'm sure it varies from person to person.
Me too, I have had good benefits with msm

ywall
March 7th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Me too, I have had good benefits with msm

ErinLeigh
March 7th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Is this something that is taken daily, or in cycles. Such as a certain amount of time and then stopped for X amount of time before using again?
Is it the sulfer that is supposed to help with hair or is there more to it? I am not educated on this at all but if anyone cares to explain I would be curious reasons for taking and what desired results are.