PDA

View Full Version : Scalp massage HOWTO!

lapushka
March 4th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Found this video on YT on a scalp massage with coconut oil. She explains how she does it, and it seems like a good technique. You can also wear your hair out, still. She doesn't use too much oil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9LpfBEkF7s

hanne jensen
March 4th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'll have to try this this evening.

TheBalance
March 4th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this! I've never done oil treatments or scalp massages before and have been wondering how other people use these techniques with their hair. I'll have to try this soon.

mrs_coffee
March 4th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Nice video. Scalp massage is the most relaxing thing ever.

hairpleasegrow
March 4th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks lapushka great video I just tried it ....I feel more relaxed too:)

AmyBeth
March 4th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Interesting video. I am a huge believer in scalp massage and am almost religious about getting one in every day. I'convinced that it has helped speed up my growth from just under 1/4 inch a month (ouch) to just under 1/2 inch a month. I hendigo my hair so was able to mmeasure and compare.

Naima
March 4th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I like that video and I'm gonna try this massage this evening. Thanks for posting))

Tini'sNewHair
March 4th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Love this, thank you!

Nebulae
March 5th, 2014, 04:04 AM
Thanks for posting this! I just started spraying my scalp with rooibos tea again and I always massage it in a little, but never really had a technique for it.. I will try this next time!

HoneyDayTripper
March 5th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Nice! Will try this.

ichosethis
March 5th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Inspired me to get some coconut oil and try this out yesterday! Loved it so much!

christiansummer
March 6th, 2014, 11:38 PM
I just did this with coconut oil and a few drops of peppermint oil and it felt amazing! It also got rid of the headache I've had for two days. Definitely going to try to do this every week!

rowan fire
March 6th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I just did this with coconut oil and a few drops of peppermint oil and it felt amazing! It also got rid of the headache I've had for two days. Definitely going to try to do this every week!

I have headaches quite often. I'm totally going to try this to see if it helps. For the headache alone that's worth it, but if it helps with my scalp health and might contribute to faster growth, then it's an even bigger win.

I wonder if the peppermint oil help in regards to relieving your headache. Years ago I had a lotion that was meant to be rubbed into the temples and back of the neck to help with headaches. It had peppermint oil it in. Your post reminded me about it.

And thank you to the OP for posting the link. I'd love to convince my husband to do this now and then for me. It always feels soooooo much better and extremely relaxing when someone else brushes my hair. I'm sure this would feel wonderul.

christiansummer
March 7th, 2014, 12:14 AM
I have headaches quite often. I'm totally going to try this to see if it helps. For the headache alone that's worth it, but if it helps with my scalp health and might contribute to faster growth, then it's an even bigger win.

I wonder if the peppermint oil help in regards to relieving your headache. Years ago I had a lotion that was meant to be rubbed into the temples and back of the neck to help with headaches. It had peppermint oil it in. Your post reminded me about it.

And thank you to the OP for posting the link. I'd love to convince my husband to do this now and then for me. It always feels soooooo much better and extremely relaxing when someone else brushes my hair. I'm sure this would feel wonderul.

I definitely think the peppermint oil had a lot to do with it! And it feels so nice and tingly on your scalp. I get headaches pretty regularly too, so I can sympathize.

mrs_coffee
March 8th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I definitely think the peppermint oil had a lot to do with it! And it feels so nice and tingly on your scalp. I get headaches pretty regularly too, so I can sympathize.

One of my favorite headache remedies is to fill a small bowl with hot water, add 5 drops each of peppermint, eucalyptus, and lavender oil. Soak a washcloth in the water/oil, wring it out a bit so it's not dripping wet, and then lay the cloth over your face. The combination of warmth and inhaling the oils works wonders.