PDA

View Full Version : Rant against split ends

~Abi~
March 3rd, 2014, 08:42 PM
So...why is it, that when I sit down with a pair of scissors to start S&D, I find absolutely NO split ends, but when I'm sitting in church with no scissors around, I find a few (don't judge me for studying the ends of my hair in church! ;))? Now 5 split ends or so is not much at all, but I swear they know when the shears are around and they run and hide! :rolleyes:

Hele
March 3rd, 2014, 08:46 PM
if my hair is in a braid i don't notice any split ends until i'm waiting for a light to turn green in bad traffic. It never fails! (i can't lie...there's a pair of scissors in a cup holder in my car. A girl's gotta be prepared!)

Snidget
March 3rd, 2014, 09:07 PM
I get this too! I swear the only time I find split ends is when I'm really bored in class and examining my hair, and then I can't find them later.

ExpectoPatronum
March 3rd, 2014, 10:07 PM
Hm...So would this mean that the secret to keeping split ends away is to always carry a pair of scissors with you? :p

jacqueline101
March 3rd, 2014, 10:15 PM
I understand your issue. When I use to s&d all the time I swore my splits hid on me. I got where I grabbed the hair then grabbed the scissors.

BlueMajorelle
March 3rd, 2014, 10:21 PM
probably for the same reason why, when i look in a mirror to tweeze my eyebrows, I see no stray hairs. Then when i'm in the car and check the mirror it's like a fuzzy caterpillar. it's because of the lighting-- the hairs show up under direct sunlight as opposed to my dim bathroom. the splits probably show better in church lighting than in your home. i fixed my problem by keeping a tweezer in my car and pluck my eyebrows if i'm waiting in a parking lot... but i suppose you can't use the same remedy and cut your hair in church!

Stray_mind
March 4th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Maybe you Should carry your scissors around with you all the time. Though it wouldn't look very nice to some people if you took them out of your purse and started S&D'ing at the church :D

Zebra Fish
March 4th, 2014, 04:10 AM
I mostly see them during meetings while on job. I do carry a pair of scissors with me, but after a meeting, they all disappear!

woodswanderer
March 4th, 2014, 05:05 AM
I notice them at work. I have the sad choice of waiting until I get home to find them maybe or use a pair of kids scissors.

Verdandi
March 4th, 2014, 05:46 AM
This is the reason I always keep my hair up when I don't have any scissors (work, school, family gathering...) or otherwise I would go insane! I'm the kind of person that if I find a split end in my braid at the dining table, I will get up, go fetch the scissors and cut the little sneaky thing out. DBF doesn't even mind anymore. He thought I was crazy before, so another strange habit is far from a deal breaker :laugh: