PDA

View Full Version : Trimming on the Equinox?

Jessleigh
March 3rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Another member shared the lunar hair chart with me. It shows the spring equinox being an optimal time to trim. It'll be my first microtrim and my first time self trimming. I'm excited about it! Anyone want to join me and trim on the equinox? March 19-20.

swearnsue
March 3rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
Sure, I'll join you! I've been self trimming and really enjoy it. What time of day or does it matter?

Jessleigh
March 3rd, 2014, 11:45 AM
Here is the chart. It didn't specify a time.
https://www.morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-care

Lyv
March 3rd, 2014, 11:50 AM
I've been planning to do my trim during the spring equinox! I was going to go to the salon to do it but we may be getting orders before then so I might have to do it myself. Hopefully a mullectomy won't be too hard to accomplish by myself haha!

Wosie
March 3rd, 2014, 11:56 AM
I might join you guys! Actually I had pretty much decided to cut off about one centimetre off my ends during the spring equinox, and I had been looking forward to it for over a month (I want to have a blunt hemline and I have umpteen layers going on), but the past week or so I've gotten more undecided... We'll just see how it feels in ~two weeks! ...Feels a bit odd that one can get so attached to just one cm of hair. :o

Zebra Fish
March 3rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
Joining :) I like the "trim every 3 months" so I put it on the season changing :)

Enrapture
March 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
I was planning on cutting it on the Equinox, but I have a school trip to Rome, so don't really want to carry shears and cut hair in hotel :(

Verdandi
March 3rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
I was planning to do this anyhow so I'll join! :)
But It will probably be more of a dusting than the real trim, too close to my mini goal at waist to cut off any real inches, and the ends are in a fairly good condition. A serious trim will have to wait until summer solstice.

Hele
March 3rd, 2014, 03:06 PM
i can join in, i was planning on doing a micro trim then anyways. I generally dust the ends with the official changing of the seasons, it's an easy way to remember to do it. Good bye winter induced split ends!

Jessleigh
March 3rd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Glad to have some company! Mine will be minimal too. Only 1-2cm.

Jessleigh
March 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Glad to have some company! Mine will be minimal too. Only 1-2cm.

And I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I didn't realize the length of a cm. :doh: I'll be trimming 1/16-1/8 of an inch. :)

blace
March 3rd, 2014, 04:22 PM
I've been planning on this as well. I'm hoping to have my DH dust my length and then I will clean up my own layers. I'm almost to APL so am hoping to just take off the minimum.

MeAndTheMaz
March 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
What the heck. I was planning on trimming around that time also, so count me in.

I wonder if the salons get tons o' business around the equinoxes (and solstices?).

duchess67
March 3rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
I'm in :) have been planning to do a trim on the 20th of March morning.

Jessleigh
March 3rd, 2014, 07:27 PM
What if we all trim at the exact same time during the equinox? I'm sure that adds special hair powers.

Fairlight63
March 3rd, 2014, 09:05 PM
I plan on trimming on the 19/20th. also - just a little bit - like 1/4"

ErinLeigh
March 3rd, 2014, 09:57 PM
I already have my appointment set for March 20th :)

This is my trim schedule for rest of year based on the calendar. This will also help me to stop cutting so often. Now it will be seasonally.

March 19-20
June 21-22-23
Sept 26-27-28
Dec 17-18-19

Agnes Hannah
March 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I'm in the no trimming challenge, but am planning an S&D and dust at the equinox as this should keep things neat and tidy and I don't have to give up the challenge as it isn't a real trim. For me a trim is about 1cm so I am using this as my guideline.

Stray_mind
March 4th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I don't trim my hair according to moon charts, though i've read somewhere that if you trim your hair on new moon, your hair will grow faster, but be thinner and if you trim on full moon, it'll grow slower, but thicker. :D I don't know how much truth is in those sayings though.

teela1978
March 4th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I tend to trim around solstices/equinoxes. Not for any real reason other than they're spaced about 3 months apart and easy to remember :)

Jessleigh
March 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I don't trim my hair according to moon charts, though i've read somewhere that if you trim your hair on new moon, your hair will grow faster, but be thinner and if you trim on full moon, it'll grow slower, but thicker. :D I don't know how much truth is in those sayings though.

I tend to trim around solstices/equinoxes. Not for any real reason other than they're spaced about 3 months apart and easy to remember :)

Right. I don't know if there is any real truth to it. It can't hurt though and it's fun to have an "optimal" date.

Remi
March 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I plan on doing a micro-trim on the summer solstice.

spidermom
March 4th, 2014, 01:54 PM
I'll be missing it. Next trim appointment is March 23. I don't know if I want it trimmed, though. The ends seem good to me (as good as my ends ever get, seeing as how they love splitting more than anything).

jupiterinleo
March 4th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I'll be doing this. It's a good way to keep track of trims. Plus, I just got new scissors and I can't wait to try them out! Haha.
I tend to be more split-prone, as a fine-hair, so I think I should be doing more frequent smaller trims. I plan on doing around half an inch at every season change from now on.

AmyBeth
March 4th, 2014, 02:57 PM
I microtrim on the equinox and soltice because it's easy to remember. Trimming always produces a growth spurt whenever I do it.

Nebulae
March 5th, 2014, 03:17 AM
I'm due for my monthly trim right about now, but I think I will wait another two weeks and trim on the equinox instead. No real reason, it just feels like a nice time to do it.. and I will have freshly trimmed ends for my birthday ;)

I tried trimming with the moon last year but didn't notice any extra growth, it was always at the same steady pace. Now I just trim once a month because I'm maintaining at waist for a while, and it's easy to tell from my roots how much my hair has grown in a month. I'm yet to decide if this will be my last maintaining trim or not... I want to reach hip already!

In the future when my damage is cut off, I think I will trim on equinoxes and solstices because as previously stated it's an easy way of keeping track of your trims. :)

RegretsHerCut
March 5th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Another member shared the lunar hair chart with me. It shows the spring equinox being an optimal time to trim. It'll be my first microtrim and my first time self trimming. I'm excited about it! Anyone want to join me and trim on the equinox? March 19-20.

I will ! I have been waiting for the Spring Equinox to trim since I found out about it.. I can barely keep myself from doing it now ugghh ! I'm getting a pro to trim my hair though as I am helpless at trimming my own hair (I have so much of it !!)

swearnsue
March 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to our equinox trim. I think I'll do the Faye's method in a U hemline. I'm not sure the hemline matters at this point in my growth since it is up all the time but eventually I'll have fairy tail ends when I reach terminal. Yes, I'm a long term goal planner!

midbackorbust
March 6th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I really wanted to get my hair cut for the equinox but I couldn't :( boo

Oh well, there's the solstice...

swearnsue
March 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I hate to start a whole new thread since my question is related to the equinox trim I thought I'd just add my question here.

For very fine, thin hair like mine; would you suggest a slight U or more extreme U hemline? Or straight? I've been doing Faye's U which suits me since my front and side hair grows so much slower than my crown. But I'd like any advice.

Also, since I'm being a pest anyway.... have any of you sharpened your own scissors when they get dull? Does it work well instead of buying a new pair?

Thanks everyone!:cool:

White Lavender
March 13th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I'll join in too! I will self-trim about one cm from my almost waist-length hair on the Equinox.

Jessleigh
March 13th, 2014, 06:57 PM
I hate to start a whole new thread since my question is related to the equinox trim I thought I'd just add my question here.

For very fine, thin hair like mine; would you suggest a slight U or more extreme U hemline? Or straight? I've been doing Faye's U which suits me since my front and side hair grows so much slower than my crown. But I'd like any advice.

Also, since I'm being a pest anyway.... have any of you sharpened your own scissors when they get dull? Does it work well instead of buying a new pair?

Thanks everyone!:cool:

I would think the hemline is just personal preference. I'm wanting to eventually get a straight, thicker hemline. I have no answer on the scissors. I think you can sharpen them if you know what you're doing.

Only 6 more days until our trim!

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 01:13 AM
I will trim on equinox. I decided i will trim 4 times a year every solstice and equinox.

MeAndTheMaz
March 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
And another slightly off topic question. When I go get a trim and I tell the stylist to "trim the ends and dust the layers" (I'd like to get rid of those), is she going to know what I mean? (Assuming she can actually follow directions.)

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I don't know, i would just trim the bottom and leave layers alone.

swearnsue
March 14th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I would think the hemline is just personal preference. I'm wanting to eventually get a straight, thicker hemline. I have no answer on the scissors. I think you can sharpen them if you know what you're doing.

Only 6 more days until our trim!

Thanks, you are right, it's a personal preference thing. I'll stick with whatever U shape I end up with! As long as the right and left are the same I'll be doing OK.

I'm going to ask hubby to sharpen my scissors so they are nice and sharp.

Five more days until our trim!!!

Jessleigh
March 14th, 2014, 01:09 PM
And another slightly off topic question. When I go get a trim and I tell the stylist to "trim the ends and dust the layers" (I'd like to get rid of those), is she going to know what I mean? (Assuming she can actually follow directions.)

I think most hair stylists tend to be scissor happy and make large "trims". I would be very specific. Example, "I'd only like 1/4 inch trimmed off the length, but only 1/8 inch trimmed from my layers as I'd like to grow them out." And also ask her to show you how much she's going to trim before doing so, so you can see it visually.

Jessleigh
March 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Double Post.

duchess67
March 14th, 2014, 04:08 PM
countdown starts for our hair trim ;)

MeAndTheMaz
March 14th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I think most hair stylists tend to be scissor happy and make large "trims". I would be very specific. Example, "I'd only like 1/4 inch trimmed off the length, but only 1/8 inch trimmed from my layers as I'd like to grow them out." And also ask her to show you how much she's going to trim before doing so, so you can see it visually.

Yeah. I Figure I need to at least tell her to take less off the layers, rather than more off the ends. If that makes sense.

At this point, my hair is not in great shape, so I'm going in expect more like an inch or two. Hoping that it'll be good for me in the long run. I have years of abusive neglect.

swearnsue
March 14th, 2014, 07:54 PM
You could trim your hair yourself. I trimmed my own layers by feel. I felt down a small section of hair and if the very ends felt rough, I cut them off. If you do this many times with small amounts of hair, the hair doesn't look "chopped" or rough. Just the dry ends are trimmed off!

But that is just me. The stress of putting my hair in the hands of someone else and the cost gives me too much stress.

RegretsHerCut
March 16th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I seriously can't wait you guys !! Yesterday I almost had to restrain myself lol ! I had my hair sectioned and all, scissors in hand and everything and almost trimmed my hair (which is very healthy at the moment) even though I've been waiting for this d@$% equinox for ages !! Ugh make Thursday come sooner..

Avital88
March 16th, 2014, 12:08 PM
It is going to be a waning moon on the equinox which in my knowledge slows down growth.. ?

RegretsHerCut
March 16th, 2014, 12:23 PM
It is going to be a waning moon on the equinox which in my knowledge slows down growth.. ?

The moon is waning until the 20th. So those who have been planning a trim for the 19th.. should reschedule !
http://www.circleofself.com/Pdfs/MoonCycle/MoonCycles2014.pdf

snowyx
March 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I'm going to do the compact cut method on the 19-20th. I want to get rid of some bleach without taking off length and also I want my hair to have layers so it's not as heavy.

snowyx
March 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM
The moon is waning until the 20th. So those who have been planning a trim for the 19th.. should reschedule !

So should I trim on the 19th or the 20th?

snowyx
March 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM

snowyx
March 16th, 2014, 01:21 PM
sorry, double post

Verdandi
March 16th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I'll have to drop out of this. I let my hair down during an rpg-gaming night yesterday and I got a good while to study my ends and found a whole bunch of splits and white dots in the last half inch. The first thing I did today when I got home was to chop that off. I figured it would only get worse if I left it, and now my ends feel great. Guess I'll have to aim for Summer solstice instead :)

Remi
March 16th, 2014, 03:41 PM
http://antiagingpress.org/fabulous-hair-anthony-morroccos-2014-lunar-hair-cutting-chart.html/March 19-20 for hair lengthening. Scroll down to where it says Best Haircutting days 2014.

RegretsHerCut
March 16th, 2014, 04:21 PM

The 20th ;) that's when the Equinox is, which is supposed to give length (fingers crossed)

swearnsue
March 16th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Three more days till trim day!

Wosie
March 17th, 2014, 04:57 AM
I'll have to drop out of this. I let my hair down during an rpg-gaming night yesterday and I got a good while to study my ends and found a whole bunch of splits and white dots in the last half inch. The first thing I did today when I got home was to chop that off. I figured it would only get worse if I left it, and now my ends feel great. Guess I'll have to aim for Summer solstice instead :)

Here's hoping you'll have a harder time finding splits and white dots from now on. =) I personally mostly have them in my shorter layers, layers that haven't been cut for two years (since I got my pixie).

---

Yep, only three days left now! I'm getting a tad antsy. :o I will take a before- and after picture. I hope you will, too. :D Good luck to all of us self trimmers!!

veryhairyfairy
March 17th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Hey peeps! :waving:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've been following a moon-trim schedule for a couple of years now and I'm sorry to say that the Equinox is actually not a very good day to cut for growth.

The moon will be waning on the 20th, which is good for SLOWING growth.

The best days coming up are Sunday, April 6th, and Monday April 7th. The moon will be in Cancer (the most fertile and lush sign) and it will be waxing (getting bigger, 'pulling' for more growth).

I didn't want to worry anybody about slowed growth, but my sisters cut by the moon to keep their hair from growing out of short cuts quickly, and we always cut on a waning moon. I've also seen members here who had slowed or even stalled growth when they cut on the waning moon. (I should dig out the old thread and find those testimonials)

Sorry for the interruption, please do carry on. :flower:

duchess67
March 17th, 2014, 09:24 AM
After reading your post, I am in a dilemma. I was planning on trimming on this 19th or the 20th. Waiting to see what others have to say about this. I'll go along with the rest who were going to trim.

Hey peeps! :waving:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I've been following a moon-trim schedule for a couple of years now and I'm sorry to say that the Equinox is actually not a very good day to cut for growth.

The moon will be waning on the 20th, which is good for SLOWING growth.

The best days coming up are Sunday, April 6th, and Monday April 7th. The moon will be in Cancer (the most fertile and lush sign) and it will be waxing (getting bigger, 'pulling' for more growth).

I didn't want to worry anybody about slowed growth, but my sisters cut by the moon to keep their hair from growing out of short cuts quickly, and we always cut on a waning moon. I've also seen members here who had slowed or even stalled growth when they cut on the waning moon. (I should dig out the old thread and find those testimonials)

Sorry for the interruption, please do carry on. :flower:

truepeacenik
March 17th, 2014, 10:08 AM
The dichotomy is moon phase versus solar day length.

I'll say that "magic" is about intent, and intent trumps details most of the time.

Tigermama
March 17th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Absolutely! I will join you too. I may trim a half inch though.

swearnsue
March 17th, 2014, 05:09 PM
I went ahead and trimmed today instead of waiting. Waiting for the Equinox wasn't fun anymore and today was a good day because I had the house to myself for a couple of hours.

I ended up cutting 1/2 inch in a very slight U shape hemline. It's been a long time since I trimmed and I had forgotten how nice the ends feel after a trim! In fact, they feel magical, lol!

duchess67
March 17th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Oh wow, you trimmed! Glad that made you happy :) Waiting is getting to me too. I am also thinking of taking half an inch, don't like to lose the length. But to see a difference in the hemline I guess we need to cut minimum 1cm

I went ahead and trimmed today instead of waiting. Waiting for the Equinox wasn't fun anymore and today was a good day because I had the house to myself for a couple of hours.

I ended up cutting 1/2 inch in a very slight U shape hemline. It's been a long time since I trimmed and I had forgotten how nice the ends feel after a trim! In fact, they feel magical, lol!

CremeTron
March 18th, 2014, 04:11 AM
I am feeling a bit annoyed. It was my understanding that the 19/20th was best for growth but now I am seeing that it should have been on the 16th. Now the moon is waning it is for growth retardation?! :(

I was getting impatient and looking forward to it. So much dissenting information. Me sad.

Wosie
March 18th, 2014, 04:30 AM
I'm confuzzled as well... Is the chart over at morroccomethod.com inaccurate, or are there just several different moon chart methods one can follow?

"March 19-20 — Spring Equinox — are the best dates to cut for spring and the ultimate date for lengthening", from mentioned site. :hmm:

veryhairyfairy
March 18th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Well, I originally got my info from Long Hair Lovers blog, but it's been down for awhile now. Here's something I found that has similar information. http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip001.htm

With the Farmer's Almanac, they tell you to cut while the moon is waxing (after the new moon and before or during the full moon) for growth. To retard growth, you're supposed to cut during the waning moon (any time after the full moon and before the new moon).
The almanac gives similar tips for encouraging/discouraging grass to grow. :)

Here's how I figure out where the moon is at and what sign it's in: http://www.lunarium.co.uk/calendar/universal.jsp?location=Chicago,%20IL&ltt=41.51&lgt=-87.39&tz=America/Chicago&dformat=UK&geoFormat=degMin
(don't forget to change the location)

Long_hair_bear
March 18th, 2014, 07:39 AM
I'm in! It needs trimmed anyway. :)

Long_hair_bear
March 18th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Can someone tell me why trimming in the equinox supposedly works? Like what the moon has to do with hair growth? Mine needs a trim anyway, and at this point, I'm willing to try anything to get my hair to grow. Its been having a bad stalling habit recently.

Aaroo
March 18th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I'm from Persia where we celebrate the Equinox as the beginning of our new year (Norooz), and the exact moment of it this year is on Thursday 20th 4:57 PM GMT. But in Iran we believe that whatever you'll be doing at that special moment you'll be doing very often in the coming year. We'll usually sit with the family and exchange hugs and kisses after the Equinox rather than trimming hair :D but we also believe that you should start the year in the perfect state so trimming before that is a good idea in our tradition. But right on the Equinox, I don't think is good idea if your you are not a fan of trims :p

alishaxmarie
March 18th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Can someone tell me why trimming in the equinox supposedly works? Like what the moon has to do with hair growth? Mine needs a trim anyway, and at this point, I'm willing to try anything to get my hair to grow. Its been having a bad stalling habit recently.

It's more of a myth, at least in most users' opinions, but cutting by the moon has been done since we first began looking up at the stars (more or less, it was pre-historic afterall). A lot of the LHC-ers who cut by the moon but don't believe it will speed growth or thicken locks do it so that they don't get trim happy and lose growth, it's just an easy schedule to them. There are also multiple "methods" as to when one should cut their hair for maximum growth; some cut by the waxing or Full moon whereas others cut by New moons. There's that Morroccan method (https://www.morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-care) mentioned a few posts back (named after a guy not the place btw) and a few other popular methods which stem from occult practices.

alishaxmarie
March 18th, 2014, 08:47 AM
For instance, here's Redtuss's outlook on cutting by moon phases from the "official" thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119&page=91&p=2521012&viewfull=1#post2521012):
"...the moon trimming is not about actually believing this makes hair grow faster.. It's about continuity and paying homage to the agricultural lores of old so to speak.
At least it is for me, I trim by the moon because when the full moon is setting in it reminds me to take a look at my ends and decide if they need trimming soon or if I can wait one more month.
Most societies have a farmers almanac or some sort of superstition as to when is the best time to plant seeds, to reap and harvest. Superstition is not always bad, it can provide a link to our ancestors that is valueable." **BTW, I linked you to her post in that thread rather than the beginning of it, but you can probably find links to different methods in there as well as general information. Hope that helped! :flower:

Wosie
March 18th, 2014, 09:16 AM
I like Redtuss' point of view, it is similar to how I look at it as well, plus that I needed a small trim anyway and that I thought 'twas a neat idea to do something like this together with you all. :D
It was interesting to read all this new information, but I have to admit that I'm still not clear which date is the best (if one wants to follow the lunar calendar). :ponder:

Jessleigh
March 18th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I only looked at one source when deciding to trim on the equinox and haven't researched further. I thought it was more of a fun thing to do with everyone versus believe that I would get lots of growth. If someone more knowledgeable about it wants to share the "best" day to trim for growth, I'm willing to wait a bit. If not, I'm fine with going ahead and trimming on the 20th as well. :)

CremeTron
March 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
For me it was a chance to do a fun experiment! I was looking forward to us all cutting at the same time and then I could see if it made a difference. For some reason I was really over excited!

Also I never really know when is a good time to cut and my hair is due a trim so I wanted to find a good schedule instead of doing it randomly. Oh well I will trim it regardless during the next few days. It is excellent timing anyway as I have a few days off and am trying various other beautifying treatments during this time :D

swearnsue
March 18th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I only looked at one source when deciding to trim on the equinox and haven't researched further. I thought it was more of a fun thing to do with everyone versus believe that I would get lots of growth. If someone more knowledgeable about it wants to share the "best" day to trim for growth, I'm willing to wait a bit. If not, I'm fine with going ahead and trimming on the 20th as well. :)

It is a good idea for a thread, so thank you, to get a few of us together to trim at the same time. I don't think the point was to pick some "perfect" day, but to just have fun.

I jumped the gun, but I'm glad I trimmed. I didn't even know I needed one until I felt my new hemline, so thanks again for starting this thread.

MeAndTheMaz
March 18th, 2014, 10:18 AM

I'm with you on this one. I just don't see how the phases of the moon or where the sun is with respect to the equator. I need a trim anyway, and figure it can't hurt. So, I'll probably go for tomorrow (19th).

MeAndTheMaz
March 19th, 2014, 04:13 PM
The deed is done. The calendar that started this thread said 19th or 20th, and since I figured wouldn't have time tomorrow, I went for today.

The stylist said that I had "a lot of hair", which is a bit of a surprise to me. I never thought I had that much (CBL,or so). She also seemed concerned that I was going to chop it off, so I took that as a good sign that maybe she wouldn't just hack away at it. It feels shorter, but excessively so. Maybe 1", 1.5".

While I was waiting my turn, it occured to me that there ought to be an "Angie's List" for stylists who are long hair friendly. And probably more importantly, those to avoid.

So good luck ladies (and gents) on your Equinox trims!

alishaxmarie
March 19th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I successfully cut my hair via Faye's Self-trim Method (http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/)! :) I'm worried about the waning moon affecting my growth (I've always believed in folk stuffs) but my ends have been sticking together lately and I finally got my hands on another pair of scissors after not being able to S&D for a few weeks soo it was worth the way my hair now feels! :scissors:

duchess67
March 19th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I couldn't wait any longer to trim. Had planned to trim an inch on the 20th, instead did it today and took only 1cm off, didn't have the heart to trim longer than that. Looks a bit better. Tomorrow is wash day, after washing hair if it doesn't look good, I might take another cm off.

jupiterinleo
March 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I trimmed an inch off my hair today and MAN what a difference! I can actually run my fingers through my ends without any catching. My hair really needed that cut.

I think I'm going to wet my hair next time. It takes minutes of literal hacking just to cut one side when it's dry.

Hele
March 20th, 2014, 12:10 AM
i decided to wait on trimming mine, now that winter's ending my split end factory seems to have shut down for the season. My hair is much less tangley now. Despite several months of heavy s&d-ing my hair doesn't look bad at all (who knows, as many splits as i've had maybe i got every single hair and it stayed fairly even), and i'm just..so...close to classic. So my trim is postponed until an as yet undecided date!

Nebulae
March 20th, 2014, 05:14 AM
I remembered this morning as I was taking out the parandi I slept in that I'm supposed to trim today :doh:
This was a bad idea because I would like to keep the tight waves until next wash but if I'm going to trim I would need to brush it straight.. sigh :p I'll decide later today, I planned on trimming in the evening anyway.

Fairlight63
March 20th, 2014, 06:44 AM
I am trimming mine today also - just 1/2" though. Will trim again at the Spring Equinox another 1/2"

schnibbles
March 20th, 2014, 06:56 AM
I trimmed yesterday... More like a micro-trim, really. I probably took 2 centimeters. I don't know if it necessarily 'needed' it, but fresh ends do feel nice!
I also nipped just the tiniest amount off of my growing-out bang section which hasn't been touched with scissors since last May, that part did need it.

jupiterinleo, I know what you mean about the literal hacking. Even just micro-trimming, it's hard to get through that thickness and keep it straight.

hele, you are certainly close to classic (I like your new signature and profile pics, by the way) and there will always be other days to trim :scissors:

Hele
March 20th, 2014, 11:43 AM
hele, you are certainly close to classic (I like your new signature and profile pics, by the way)

aww, thanks! :flower:

i hope everybody's happy with their trims!

Katrine
March 20th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Decided to trim 1/2" the afternoon of the 19th. Wasn't planning on trimming that much but had to even up the hem line. One side tends to grow faster than the other.

Nebulae
March 20th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I went ahead and trimmed today even if it meant ruining my braidwaves. I took off about 1.5 cm so around 0.6 inches.
I think my hemline is a bit uneven now though.. lately I have just been winging it when trimming, next time I gotta do a proper Feye's method trim. So I guess that will make one more maintaining trim next month, then I'll carry on growing! :)

Jessleigh
March 21st, 2014, 01:42 AM
I did my trim. It ended up being after midnight, do the 21st. I only trimmed a small amount. A half inch or less.

morrigan*
March 21st, 2014, 02:05 AM
I didn't have time, and then i changed my mind so i will trim it on solstice, if i reach hip by then.

Lyv
March 21st, 2014, 03:02 AM
I went and had my trim yesterday. I just had my "baby mullet" trimmed off and a little bit trimmed on the ends of the rest of my hair. I think it ended up being about an inch from the back and maybe .25 on the rest, I'm not a fan of the amount of hair cut off but I am so glad to not have the horrible almost mullet thing going on lol.

Avital88
March 21st, 2014, 03:55 AM

i dont know which moon you are checking lol but if the moon was full as it was on the 16th of march then everything after that wll be waning (until march 29) then after there will be a new moon..and the moon will be waxing(growing) waning is the opposite which slows down growth, that the 2 weeks after a full moon..

Anyways, all these charts i dont believe in it, i only follow the moon.. from new moon to full moon is good for faster growth. from full moon to new moon slows it down. very simple.

edit: btw i looked up the chart you follow,, it is incorrect ,full moon was certainly not on march 8 but on 16 and 17 march. so only cuts until 17 march would have promoted growth.

Avital88
March 21st, 2014, 04:11 AM
i also dont believe farming by the moon is superstition how someone else stated. just as the tide of the sea changes so does the moon.its a natural occurance.
For example in Islam superstition is prohibited, but the calendars and holidays are according to the moon, it is easiest to follow like this.

duchess67
March 21st, 2014, 05:39 AM
I did another trim yesterday again. My hemline now looks a bit better after taking off an inch. Still have a lot of layers to take off with micro trimming. When my son saw how much I trimmed, he started laughing saying it is not micro trimming I did, it is macro trimming :) Anyway, I keep saying it in my mind that it's only hair, it will grow.

schnibbles
March 21st, 2014, 07:20 AM
i dont know which moon you are checking lol but if the moon was full as it was on the 16th of march then everything after that wll be waning (until march 29) then after there will be a new moon..and the moon will be waxing(growing) waning is the opposite which slows down growth, that the 2 weeks after a full moon..

Anyways, all these charts i dont believe in it, i only follow the moon.. from new moon to full moon is good for faster growth. from full moon to new moon slows it down. very simple.

edit: btw i looked up the chart you follow,, it is incorrect ,full moon was certainly not on march 8 but on 16 and 17 march. so only cuts until 17 march would have promoted growth.

i also dont believe farming by the moon is superstition how someone else stated. just as the tide of the sea changes so does the moon.its a natural occurance.
For example in Islam superstition is prohibited, but the calendars and holidays are according to the moon, it is easiest to follow like this.

Thank you for explaining this, and I agree. I plan on just checking the calender from now on regarding moon-trimming and not charts I see on-line. I had one bookmarked that was incorrect. :rolleyes:

I also agree with you, in that I don't believe farming by the moon is a superstition... there is a reason people used to plant, harvest, castrate animals, prune trees, etc during different moon phases. My husband comes from a long line of successful farmers and they swore by these practices. In modern society, we don't have the connection to our planet the way we used to but that doesn't mean that nature is no longer still operating the way she has been for millions of years. The moon effects earth, and I do believe that it effects us, even if we're disassociated with it.

Zebra Fish
March 22nd, 2014, 04:28 PM
I did the trim yesterday, just a little one. Almost waist :D

CremeTron
March 29th, 2014, 08:41 PM
I trimmed on the 20th but it was a tiny token amount as it is the first time I have cut my own hair properly apart from fringe.

I did not want to straighten so I did three big plaits and cut the ends off each. It is not straight but I will do a proper trim once I get closer to goal. My bleached ends are protecting the fresher hair anyhoo.

It was also time to do eyebrows, legs etc but I think just the positive thinking alone will ensure my head hair grows quicker and nothing else. Well I hope it works that way : /

AmyBeth
March 30th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I bit the bullet and trimmed on the 20th, using Feye's self trim. I was about an inch away from BCL and took off about an inch and a half, because the ends were so wispy and I think I'd like a thicker hemline. I hated to lose that much length (wow, a whole inch and a half, such a trauma:rolleyes:) but my hair does seem to grow better when I trim. I'm skeptical of trimming by the moon, but I have to trim anyway, so it helps me keep a schedule. So I do it by the moon, just in case:p.

Komao
October 3rd, 2014, 07:17 AM
I'm in. I just did a dusting on 9/28 so I will trim again on 3/20/15. It will be easy to remember as its my birthday. I only trim twice a year. :)