PDA

View Full Version : problem measuring

tlover
March 2nd, 2014, 11:33 PM
This is my second time measuring my hair the LHC way.

The last time it did wary a Little but only about half a centimetre (98cm/38,6in) now I wary between 98cm/38,6in and 100cm/39,4 in.

I Think it's my braidwaves that comes in my way but now when I never sleep without braids I Always have braidwaves What can I do? I can't ask my husband to measure, last time he did that I "lost" about 2 inches

Tini'sNewHair
March 2nd, 2014, 11:38 PM
I dont know, i have this same problem as well - my husband cant even take proper pictures :(

tlover
March 2nd, 2014, 11:58 PM
I dont know, i have this same problem as well - my husband cant even take proper pictures :(

I haven't even dared to venture into Pictures of my hair length yet

Weewah
March 3rd, 2014, 12:40 AM
Maybe measure your hair a few times and go by the longest measurement each time?

furnival
March 3rd, 2014, 02:52 AM
I think it's almost impossible to get a truly accurate hair measurement. Mine varies each time I do it, so I take ten measurements, write them all down and work out the average. It's tempting to use the longest one each time but doing this led me to believe my hair wasn't growing, as an extra inch mis-measured would take me two months to catch up, and a lot of unnecessary worrying about stalls and slow growth.

Rushli
March 3rd, 2014, 04:12 AM
My bottom layer usually is not wavy, but I use the stretch method anyway. I get accurate readings every time, so it works for me. I just pinch my hair along with the tape measure and slide it down until my nail passes over the longest hair and there is my length measurement. When I measure, I usually do it a couple times a day and often a few days in a row just to see if I get the same measurements. I just started measuring mid Jan and have done it every couple weeks. Now that I know it is accurate, I probably stick to only measuring once, one time a month measuring.

Anje
March 3rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
I think a number of folks with wavy or curly hair tend to measure their hair when it's wet or pulled straight. That might be more effective.

That said, 2cm isn't a lot of variation. It's hard to get the exact same measurement every time.