PDA

View Full Version : What was your biggest growth spurt ever?

RancheroTheBee
March 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM
So, the other day I had been inspecting my roots because I started with an experiment with using Special Effects on virgin hair to see if I could impart a good stain on it (didn't work, haha). I checked them again today to see how bad the fade was after my wash, and my roots had doubled. This isn't ZOMG amazing because my roots were less than 1/8" of an inch before, but I'd measured the regrowth about four days ago, and it's double the length, for sure! Whee! I don't even care if it keeps up or not, that's just neat!

I think the best spurt I ever got was a solid inch a month, just for two months or so. What was your best growth spurt of all time?

jeanniet
March 2nd, 2014, 08:50 PM
I got 3" in about six weeks once. It was just a growth spurt, nothing more. I don't take supplements or do anything special, but my hair does tend to grow somewhat in fits and starts.

Larki
March 2nd, 2014, 09:14 PM
I cut off about 13-14 inches when I was 9 or 10. We meant to donate it, and it's still, to this day, in a box in my mom's closet. :p But I cut my hair in October, and by May it had grown back over half of the length.

Rio040113
March 2nd, 2014, 09:30 PM
I've been getting a solid 1" per month for the last 2/3 months, I usually get 0.5" or less per month :p Nothing spectacular to most I'm sure but I'm thrilled! Maybe I'm just easily pleased? :lol: I'd love it to keep going at this rate, if it did then I'd reach Classic by September 2014! Heh, a girl can dream...

Agnes Hannah
March 4th, 2014, 08:25 AM
My best growth spurt was just before Christmas, when my hair grew 3/4 inch in one month!

LadyCelestina
March 4th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I had a huge growth spurt one spring where I trimmed off a noticeable amount of hair (to me at least) and it all grew back in two weeks.

LadyCelestina
March 5th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Did I murder this thread?:doh: I'm sorry. Maybe I just keep checking too much,but I'm really interested in the responses!

ExpectoPatronum
March 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM
My hair grows around an inch a month during the summer. I haven't been measuring long enough to see how it grows during the spring. I'm eager to see!

I did cut my hair from about 27 inches to 22 inches at the very end of September...so basically October. I'm already back to 26 inches :) My hair just grows pretty fast normally.

MinderMutsig
March 5th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I don't pay attention enough to notice massive spurts.
I used to measure all the time so I do know I get a spurt in fall/winter, shed in the spring and stall in the summer but I have no idea how much I grow exactly in any given time period other than that on average my hair grows about the average amount of 1/2 inch per month.

Anje
March 5th, 2014, 05:48 PM
I had an amazing one once, but it was back in 1999, long before I was measuring my hair. (Actually, I still don't measure my hair. :lol:) Over the course of about a month or five weeks, I got about four inches, from above the boobs to past them. I was an exchange student in Germany for that period, and it was enough that my family was wigging out when I got back.

ETA: I'd guess that my hair usually grows a little faster than average, and it definitely grows in stops and starts, but I'm not normally known for inches per month. It was a little unreal.

ichosethis
March 5th, 2014, 05:56 PM
I haven't been measuring much but for the last few years my hair has been hovering around APL as its terminal length. This past summer (mid June, I think) I made some changes to my hair care routine like washing less frequently and taking vitamins and my hair is now just about at my waist. I consider that a pretty big growth spurt, considering I've had it trimmed in July, September, and about 2 weeks ago.

HazelBug
March 5th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Well, I normally get .75 inches a month. Recently I got .75 in a little over 2 weeks. (17 days I think). There is an up side to all the pregnancy hormones! I might get over an inch a month for a little while!

swearnsue
March 5th, 2014, 06:12 PM
About 2 years ago I was measuring my hair constantly because I was a new member. I started taking diatomaceous earth and that first month my hair grew twice as fast. I don't remember the exact measurements, but my hair grew at least an inch in one month. But after that my hair growth slowed down to normal, half an inch per month even though I kept taking the DE.

It was very exciting and wish it would happen again.

Jessleigh
March 5th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I've been getting a solid 1" per month for the last 2/3 months, I usually get 0.5" or less per month :p Nothing spectacular to most I'm sure but I'm thrilled! Maybe I'm just easily pleased? :lol: I'd love it to keep going at this rate, if it did then I'd reach Classic by September 2014! Heh, a girl can dream...

Are you kidding?! I'd be thrilled about that too!! I don't measure often. Only actually measured once, but I've not ever noticed it growing any faster than other times. I'm doing a microtrim during the equinox this month so maybe that'll do the trick? :)

ichosethis
March 5th, 2014, 07:20 PM

I would love to get 1" per month. I'd be at hip length by the end of summer. Though I have started scalp massaging more frequently, so we'll see how that helps!

RancheroTheBee
March 5th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Agreed, an inch a month sounds like a dream! I'd be at collarbone in six months! [sigh]

Rio040113
March 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Are you kidding?! I'd be thrilled about that too!! I don't measure often. Only actually measured once, but I've not ever noticed it growing any faster than other times. I'm doing a microtrim during the equinox this month so maybe that'll do the trick? :)

:p I'm glad it's not just me who loves a little growth spurt then! Hopefully it will, good luck with your microtrim, fingers crossed for lots of growth for you!!

I would love to get 1" per month. I'd be at hip length by the end of summer. Though I have started scalp massaging more frequently, so we'll see how that helps!

I am enjoying the 1" per month thing so far haha, now if I could just figure out what caused it :lol:

Agreed, an inch a month sounds like a dream! I'd be at collarbone in six months! [sigh]

It was certainly a nice surprise when I measured and had added another solid inch, here's to hoping it carries on for another 2-3 months (or longer?!) :D If I figure out what caused it then I'll send some of it your way ;) but I bet you'll be at CBL before you know it!

jacqueline101
March 5th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I had my most amazing hair growth the year I joined here. I went from shoulder to top of the bra strap in a year. Then I got the dreaded trim. I've never had real good luck at fast growth. I did make a lot of changes I did take vitamins, daily oil that year, and wear it up. I did give up chemical services and I was exercising. I also thought the humidity helped it grow.

Lyv
March 5th, 2014, 11:09 PM
My hair grows between .75"-1" a month depending on the season but the longest mine has grown in a month is about 1.5", it happened after I started exercising, stopped eating so much junk, and stopped my "social smoking". I wish I could just get that every month especially now that I have short hair again!