PDA

View Full Version : Question on Stretching Washes

FallingDarkness
March 2nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
So I've been trying to stretch my washes when I can. For the most part, it means I wash every other day during the week, and not at all on the weekends. As it is, the last time I washed my hair was Wednesday night. It's pretty greasy today, so would it be better to wash it now or wait until nighttime? Also should I be consistent with how long I wait to wash my hair, or just go by whatever is most convenient for me?

bananahanna
March 2nd, 2014, 12:03 PM
I would wash it when it starts looking greasy. there's no reason to stretch past what looks uncomfortable to you, that is, if it makes you uncomfortable.

LaReineJaguar
March 2nd, 2014, 12:13 PM
I'm doing the same thing. I wash mine at night. I usually wash mine on Sunday night, Tuesday night and Thursday night. If it gets gross in the middle of that I'll rinse it with water, but not shampoo. I like to wash it at night because I don't like to get up before work to wash it. Its all all about sleep for me :-P

ositarosita
March 2nd, 2014, 12:18 PM
I've found that stretching is all about consistency .. this is going to sound weird but it's just like training a dog. If you aren't consistent how do you expect it to stick? Right now I am working on washing my hair once a week so I let my hair get to what ever point it wants to before I wash it on Sundays and slowly it looks nicer for longer.

Madora
March 2nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Ositarosita is right! Consistency really helps when stretching washes.

The-Young-Maid
March 2nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
Consistency is key. I've been washing mine once weekly on friday afternoons for the past three-four years.

FallingDarkness
March 2nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
Oh okay :) Thanks so much!