PDA

View Full Version : 7 years

fairystar32
March 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
Hi all, I have been a member for the last 7 years. I have used henna and indigo on and off, had a baby and moved from the UK to Australia during this time. My hair has gone from lovely and growing to thin, breaking and lank but I was breastfeeding for a long time and then diagnosed with a rare auto immune disorder, having issues on and off with thyroid which has settled and had 2 operations and LOTS of stress.

So I am not suprised!!

I have started using henna again and just recently indigo, hooping my hair can eventually recover or at least not get worse!!!

Here is a current picture of it :) freshly dyed and blowing in the brreze :)
NOW
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_6016.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_6004.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_6022.jpg

This is how it looked when I first started here :) 7 years ago hendigoed

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/hennagrowthjuly.jpg

when I loved it ((((sob)))) it was so thick and healthy :(

before I had issues, I dont know how to get this back
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_0875.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_1792.jpg

Wildcat Diva
March 1st, 2014, 09:17 PM
Oh, dear, your hair is lovely! I'm sorry for your medical problems. I have to say, your hemline now is REALLY wonderful, and it's going to be even better as you grow out. I think that Fairy Tale ends will absolute suit you. Keep up with the good hair care and you will get there!

ravenheather
March 1st, 2014, 09:18 PM
I think your hair is lovely then and now. It will only get better and better now that your health issues are settling down.

fairystar32
March 1st, 2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks for your kind words xxx
sadly I will have my auto immune issue to deal with my entire life and unsure if this is effecting anything?
Although my thyroid levels are normal now, my other condition is super rare and they do not know what will actually happen.
It is also connected to other auto immune issues :(

My hair is not breaking as badly as it was and it is growing, havent had it cut since Xmas time.
When I did have a few inches cut from the length but asked for a curved end finish.
Any tips fire away LOL
MY hair likes henna/indigo, it always feels super soft afterwards
I try not to wash too often, or put it up often as the bands cause breakage, except its so hot here, sometimes I have too.
I only use natural shampoo and conditioners and rarely dry it unless I need to be out quickly

fairystar32
March 1st, 2014, 09:28 PM
double post

ravenheather
March 1st, 2014, 09:38 PM
Hair tips from me are overnight oilings (preferably with a penetrating oil like coconut) might help with breakage. Not sure if you ever do this or not. Also I use nightblooming panacea on my ends. I think it protects them. Also put your hair up with sticks or forks to protect without damage. Sorry to hear that your health problems are ongoing. Remember it takes a long time for your newer healthier hair to reach the ends. Be patient.

fairystar32
March 1st, 2014, 09:42 PM
Thank you xxxx I will start oiling after my first wash from this hendig :) trying not to pull too much indigo out :)

Wildcat Diva
March 1st, 2014, 09:44 PM
I think that some oilings on your ends might help. And I can't help but wonder, are you secretly a bit wavy? Your ends just seem to be speaking to me. Maybe fingercombing only some of the time? A misting bottle and some scrunching? I don't know why but I suspect a bit more wave.

ravenheather
March 1st, 2014, 10:00 PM
I think that some oilings on your ends might help. And I can't help but wonder, are you secretly a bit wavy? Your ends just seem to be speaking to me. Maybe fingercombing only some of the time? A misting bottle and some scrunching? I don't know why but I suspect a bit more wave.

Wildcat may be right. My ends get a weird and flippy texture if I comb or mess with them before they dry completely.

fairystar32
March 1st, 2014, 10:07 PM
Yes, I have waves, not curls or straight, more waves which look like a mess and go a little frizzy, unless I blow dry it straight....
I actually rarely ever brush my hair anymore. I cannot even find the comb or brush most of the time, I use my fingers :)

queenieheather
March 1st, 2014, 10:37 PM
Your hair doesnt seem to have suffered! I think it looks great. I too have thyroid problems...and autoimmune problems...and autoimmune thyroid problems!! They are all tied together. Going gluten free(and a few other things) has helped my health problems more than I can put into words. If you'd ever like to chat about these things, please let me know!

Wildcat Diva
March 1st, 2014, 10:45 PM
Yes, I have waves, not curls or straight, more waves which look like a mess and go a little frizzy, unless I blow dry it straight....
I actually rarely ever brush my hair anymore. I cannot even find the comb or brush most of the time, I use my fingers :)

Do you use a leave in conditioner?

Tini'sNewHair
March 2nd, 2014, 01:12 AM
Your hair looks really pretty. Sorry to hear about your health problems and welcome to Australia, I came here about 7 years ago :)

fairystar32
March 2nd, 2014, 01:17 AM
thanks :) x I have unicentric Castlemans disease, its very rare :(
Your hair doesnt seem to have suffered! I think it looks great. I too have thyroid problems...and autoimmune problems...and autoimmune thyroid problems!! They are all tied together. Going gluten free(and a few other things) has helped my health problems more than I can put into words. If you'd ever like to chat about these things, please let me know!

fairystar32
March 2nd, 2014, 01:18 AM
No, never used it :)

Do you use a leave in conditioner?

fairystar32
March 2nd, 2014, 01:20 AM
Thanks, we have been here 5 years now :)

Your hair looks really pretty. Sorry to hear about your health problems and welcome to Australia, I came here about 7 years ago :)

Naiadryade
March 2nd, 2014, 01:53 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems and all that stress! I hope you are figuring out a good way to manage your long-term disease.

I think your hair looks beautiful at both times. It still looks thick, just with somewhat thinner ends--which is okay. I do think I can relate... as someone with thick, slightly wavy hair, I think I notice my thinned ends much more from playing with my hair and braid taper than other people can really see when I wear it down and it's a day with a little volume.

I was also going to suggest a leave-in conditioner. Perhaps a heavy one. Also try protein treatments to see if that helps. I have damaged, breakage prone hair--mostly mechanical, though I have had deficiencies in iron and some vitamins in years past, and I still have some of the hair that was grown then--and these two things have really really helped the condition of my hair.

And, you know, try to eat as well as you can and stay hydrated. And yes, definitely updos with sticks, forks, spin pins and the like. My hair gets a lot more breakage when I leave it down all the time, than when it is bunned.

bunzfan
March 2nd, 2014, 02:22 AM
I'm sorry you've had so much stress and health worries but I agree your hair looks so fabulously healthy now..

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2014, 06:27 AM
Your hair is lovely. I'm glad you're back on the boards we can help you with your hair. Your ends should thicken up since your health is improving.

lapushka
March 2nd, 2014, 06:33 AM
It looks great! :) Think about the *now*. No use living in the past, that's my motto at least!

Nebulae
March 2nd, 2014, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your health troubles, but it's good that you have them identified and under control (I hope?) now.

I think your hair looks lovely, I can't see much of a difference from then to now. A bit of oiling and pampering will get you right back I think! :)

swearnsue
March 2nd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Your hair is beautiful and I especially love the hemline! Good grief! Your "thinner" hair is still thick as far as I can see!

fairystar32
March 2nd, 2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks all, its actually pretty thin now, more than it looks!!
I am going to start oiling and applying leave in conditioner :)