PDA

View Full Version : Help? I am in a predicament about clarifying and moisturizing and I need to know soon

Leslieslsa
February 28th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Okay, so I had a thread on here about my ends being kind of tangly and I was using Mane N Tail. So you guys recommended either clarifying or moisturizing. So I went to Sally's and got an argon oil shampoo. I was just going to use that and them conditioner to see how my hair does, but right now my hair has coconut/mineral oil in it for the past two days. I want to both clarify AND moisturize all in one shower but don't know how to go about it because I don't know for sure whether the problem is protein build up or just dry. So I don't know what to do. I need to get the oil out of my hair, but reviews on this shampoo say it doesn't lather, so I don't know that that would remove the oil. I usually have to shampoo twice to get rid of it. I just don't know what the best thing to do here is. Can anyone help me? I am going to the gym in two hours and hoping to have answers and opinions by the time I come home to shower. What would you do?

ositarosita
February 28th, 2014, 01:58 PM
If it was me .. I would clarify then get out of the shower and do a deep moisturising conditioning treatment. The clarifying would get rid of product build up, then the conditioning would both take care of the dryness (if it's dry) AND balance the protein (if it's too much protein). 2 birds 1 stone

ErinLeigh
February 28th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Okay, so I had a thread on here about my ends being kind of tangly and I was using Mane N Tail. So you guys recommended either clarifying or moisturizing. So I went to Sally's and got an argon oil shampoo. I was just going to use that and them conditioner to see how my hair does, but right now my hair has coconut/mineral oil in it for the past two days. I want to both clarify AND moisturize all in one shower but don't know how to go about it because I don't know for sure whether the problem is protein build up or just dry. So I don't know what to do. I need to get the oil out of my hair, but reviews on this shampoo say it doesn't lather, so I don't know that that would remove the oil. I usually have to shampoo twice to get rid of it. I just don't know what the best thing to do here is. Can anyone help me? I am going to the gym in two hours and hoping to have answers and opinions by the time I come home to shower. What would you do?

Depends on shampoo ingredients. Creme of nature argan shampoo removes oilings for me. Without knowing ingredients I don't know if it will remove oil but I assume it will.
Since you just clarified recently anyway I would remove oil and simply condition. Then when you have more time later try the clarify and SMT or whatever other deep treatment you plan. I only clarify before SMTs so they penetrate better.

Are just the ends showing the symptoms? Or it is all hair?

Leslieslsa
February 28th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Mostly just the ends. But I S&D regularly and I don't see any splits or white dots. So I want to save it before that happens. I joined the "No trim for 2014" thread and I want to stick to it. I also want fairy tail ends, but not split ones.

jacqueline101
February 28th, 2014, 03:35 PM
From what I've read I don't know because I've never done this. Conditioner like vo5 will remove oils. Again try it at your own risk.

spidermom
February 28th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Massage conditioner over the oil, allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse out. Conditioner removes oil.

I will often clarify, then apply a deep treatment to my length, do other things in the shower (shave legs, etc), then rinse out the conditioner. Voila; clarifying and deep conditioning in one shower!

Firefox7275
March 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Conditioner only washing removes natural oils, it may not remove mineral oil which does is a completely different structure without polar ends.

Panth
March 3rd, 2014, 03:09 PM
Isn't Mane & Tail very protein-heavy? You could be suffering a protein-overdose rather than product build-up. The symptoms can be very similar.

(The solution for protein overdose is to cut out all protein and to go heavy on the moisturising for a while.)