PDA

View Full Version : Would you call this tailbone?

Leslieslsa
February 27th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I know it is hard to tell on another person, but I am having a hard time myself. Would you say this looks like tailbone?!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9510&d=1393557199

Sarahlabyrinth
February 27th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I would say that if your hair touches the seat of a chair when you sit down then yes it is tailbone. It looks tailbone to me but I can't be sure. It looks lovely though, luxuriant!

Leslieslsa
February 27th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Well in that case I think I have about an inch to go! :(

bunzfan
February 28th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Well in that case I think I have about an inch to go! :(

If i try that i'm a inch past tb not the same on everyone.

Leslieslsa
February 28th, 2014, 10:41 AM
bunzfan, I agree. And that is what makes it so confusing. I know I am past BCL.

bunzfan
February 28th, 2014, 11:08 AM
bunzfan, I agree. And that is what makes it so confusing. I know I am past BCL.

In that case your virtually there :D i can just feel mine but i'm super skinny have you tried to see if you can feel it?

jupiterinleo
February 28th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Sorry to jump in here, but what exactly is BCL? Butt-crack length? ;)

nakima
February 28th, 2014, 12:03 PM
jupiterinleo yes bcl is butt crack length :) that being said when I sit my tailbone is abt an inch or so from chair and Lesliesla your hair length looks like tailbone to me. Congratulations!

LadyCelestina
February 28th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Tailbone length is the end of your spine IIRC.Just grab your ass until you find it,you can feel the bone and it's pretty much unmistakable.

Rushli
February 28th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Just grab your ass until you find it,you can feel the bone and it's pretty much unmistakable.
I love all the laughs I get here. I have been learning how to keep the unexpected laughs quiet because I usually am on here when my kiddos are sleeping. I remember the first few times I busted out laughing I woke my baby I was trying to rock to sleep. Oops.

RapunzelKat
February 28th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Tailbone length is the end of your spine IIRC.Just grab your ass until you find it,you can feel the bone and it's pretty much unmistakable.

:spitting:

Leslieslsa, I'd say you're there, but that is one of the tougher markers to call for sure :) If not, you most definitely will be in a month!

spidermom
February 28th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Push your index finger through the ends of your hair. Do you feel your tailbone?

restless
February 28th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Just grab your ass until you find it

Lol oh my... brutal truth at its finest.

To OP: It certainly looks close (based on other pictures youve shown on LHC. The one in the first post in this thread is taken at a pretty strange angle) but real TBL is difficult for others to decide, due to its... location. Usually I just see hair that reaches mid-rear and think: "yeah, tailbone" even though its probably not always completely accurate.

durgidog
February 28th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I think sometimes we just have to get naked to determine these things. Tonight I realized I'm 1 inch past APL because I never looked at the back of my head without a shirt on. If you have to, just put a spot on your tailbone with a marker and then check it in the mirror. :)