PDA

View Full Version : Russian lady with long and beautiful hair --- need help here...

vb
February 27th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Dear all, I have watched this many times and I really admire her hair.I can see that she uses Egg yolks and some kid of oils and some leaves.Can somebody help me with what these oils are and the leaves are?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3abCYMWFpQ

Enrapture
February 27th, 2014, 11:00 AM
She doesn't say what the ingredients are :( And as she's from Russia, there can be herbs from the meadows, like nettle.

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Dear all, I have watched this many times and I really admire her hair.I can see that she uses Egg yolks and some kid of oils and some leaves.Can somebody help me with what these oils are and the leaves are?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3abCYMWFpQ

Maybe leave her a(n English) comment. She could reply back to you, who knows. It's worth a shot.

ArienEllariel
February 27th, 2014, 11:44 AM
From the comments, one said the herbs were Matricaria (chamomile?), hops (like what is used in making beer), arctium (burdock), and nettle. I'd love to try her routine sometime. It also appeared that she'd whisked eggs or just the yolks together. Not sure about the oils. Someone else also mentioned a honey treatment.

Edit: one of the comments: "There is an interview with this lady in some russian newspaper where she said exactly what are her recipes: 1. Mix in a cup 4 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of sunflower oil. Apply for 30 min then rinse. If you have oily hair dont use the suflower oil. Also the hair should be washed atleast once a month with the herbs - burdock, nettle, chamomile or hops"

Anabell
February 27th, 2014, 12:00 PM
They didn't mention the ingredients of the hair mask. She just said that she would put it on the hair for 20-30 minutes and then wash away. They seen to be very mainstream in this video- the hairdresser (the blond one) said that there very few options to style a hair that long. I wanted to laugh. Does she knows how many buns there are? and braids, and folded braids...
I also like the hairstyle that she (the long hair woman, no the hairdresser) wear in the video. She has such a thick braid and that way you can see the braid from the front. Good hair genes and good hair care.

Tini'sNewHair
February 27th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Wow!!!! Amazing hair!!!!! Sorry im no help tho.

meteor
February 27th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Sorry, they don't name them.
I found it interesting how they said that she uses 1 shampoo bottle a week, dozens pins per updo, spends 2 hours (!) combing her hair every day. She said that once she didn't get to detangle her hair a few times in a row, and the resulting tangles were so bad that her sister took 2 days helping to detangle it (6 hours on day one and 3 hours on day two).
She never uses conditioner (natural treatments instead) and never blow-dries (air-drying takes a day).

By the way, the lady is ethnically Tatar, so I guess you could call her gorgeous hair Tatar / Turkic, as well as Russian.

Interesting video! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Ingrid
February 27th, 2014, 02:13 PM
From my watching of the video, she uses Tatar names to refer to the ingredients she uses for the hair masks as she is technically from Bashkortostan.

But maaaaan, gorgeous hair...!

And it was hilarious how flabbergasted the hairdresser looked!! I can't believe she said there aren't any options for hairstyles with that length of hair :\

swearnsue
February 27th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Wow, even while wearing high heels her hair was dragging on the floor!

The blonde hairdresser looked overwhelmed with the amount of hair in front of her eyes! LOL

vb
February 27th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Thank you all for your inputs..

melusine963
February 27th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Wow, that is some very impressive hair!

Madora
February 28th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the video link, vb. That lady has some seriously terrific hair genes! But with all that hair, I would definitely try and keep the tangles out! Her brush gave me the willies...but it evidently works for her.

chen bao jun
February 28th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I love this stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Russianshoppe-Rus-1204-Burdock-with-Nettle/dp/B003R2LVJM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393640273&sr=8-3&keywords=burdock+root+oil
I think part of the great hair many russians and ukrainians have is from genes (not just the tatar ones either) but I love the burdock root oil and think it makes my hair behave better and grow faster. though my hair type is so different!

chen bao jun
February 28th, 2014, 07:33 PM
You can also buy burdock and nettle as teas in health food stores.
The blonde hairdresser might have a lot more hair if she kicked the bleach habit. Dark roots and fried ends is what I saw there, not conducive to growing hair. I would guess (being snarky here) that the hairstyles you can have when you wear shorter hair are mostly different hair cuts for loose hair in her view. Not that there's anything wrong with that,if its what you want, but its not actually more versatile, technically speaking.

Stray_mind
March 1st, 2014, 01:16 AM
Her hair is stunning and the thickness.. Just wow... Really good hair genes. :thud:

Marika
March 1st, 2014, 02:36 AM
Amazing hair! :thud:

That Russian shoppe seems to have really interesting products! Garlic for hair..:hmm: I have been in St. Petersburg once but I don't speak any Russian so I couldn't buy any hair products! :D

vb
March 1st, 2014, 08:37 AM
Thank you all for your wonderful advises. I am going to order that oil :)
Modora, you have a gorgeous hair...

Madora
March 1st, 2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks, vb! The lady's hair reminds me of mine, years ago. I wish the video could have included shots of her creating her braided hairstyle. It looked beautiful (from what I could see of it).