PDA

View Full Version : Is my hair at Waist??!!! :O Have been been taking photos at the wrong angle? :O Pics!

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 06:46 PM
EDIT: Thank you all for the comments and feedback. Some of you seemed to have been right when it was mentioned that my head looks tilted - I just had a friend of mine take measurements of my hair today and she said that I still need about 2 cm growth before im at waist and that my posture wasn’t right. This is really disappointing (I was sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!) and now its also embarrassing that i made such a mistake :(( Apologies and im going to wait a little longer now. Tini.

Heyas.

I been waiting to be at waist for ages now, since I did the big chop to THIS length 1 year and 9 months ago,

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/modifiedbacklenght2-2.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/modifiedbacklenght2-2.jpg.html)

I always thought that i'm at MBL, BUT my husband just took a photo of my length today and THIS is what came out (my hands are resting on my hips there),

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF0910modified.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF0910modified.jpg.html)

It is possible that my self shots/camera (with a timer) has been set to make my hair look shorter than what it is (really hoping so haha)? Because when i take my own photos, my hair turns out to be at THIS length :O,

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF0905.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF0905.jpg.html)
(Sorry about the blurry photo, that mirror on my head which was meant to help me with my posture, almost fell off)

So, who do you think got the right shot of my length, my husband or me? :( And can I be at waist already?

Thank you, Tini.

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 06:48 PM
My hair measures at 30 inches now.

ositarosita
February 26th, 2014, 06:55 PM
That's a year and 7 seven months grow?????????// holy cannoli ... you have AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZING growth and such beautiful hair ... from the pic your DH took i'd say yes you are at waist

GoddesJourney
February 26th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Absolutely at waist and it looks amazing! :)

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Thank you so much and huge appologies, i meant to write 1 year and 9 months :)

That's a year and 7 seven months grow?????????// holy cannoli ... you have AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZING growth and such beautiful hair ... from the pic your DH took i'd say yes you are at waist

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Thank you, I really hope so. It almost feels to good to be true tho :o

Absolutely at waist and it looks amazing! :)

Jessleigh
February 26th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Definitely looks like waist to me!! :)

Kina
February 26th, 2014, 07:36 PM
looks like waist to me. To be 100% sure, you could measure from your hairline to your waist and then see if it's the same as your hair measurement. e.g 30 inches from hairline to waist, 30 inch hair length.

duchess67
February 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM
You are definitely at waist. In the first pic you seem to have past waist. Your hair is beautiful as always, Tini.

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 08:34 PM
looks like waist to me. To be 100% sure, you could measure from your hairline to your waist and then see if it's the same as your hair measurement. e.g 30 inches from hairline to waist, 30 inch hair length.
I will get my husband to help me measure tonight. I think waist on me might be 31 inches tho :(

jacqueline101
February 26th, 2014, 08:43 PM
It looks waist length to me.

restless
February 26th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Its beautiful :) Its some amazing growth youve got there and it sure looks like waist to me at least.

When I wanted to check whether or not I had reached waist I tied a thread (or yarn/ a measuring tape/a rope/ a belt/ whatever works) around the most narrow part of my torso. When the hair touched the thread I knew I had reached it. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes.

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Hey guys i think im calling waist - these are a few more photos my daughter took as well and they all seem to be waist. Thanks heaps for the comments :)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/1185994_615201248572135_1221447851_n.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/1185994_615201248572135_1221447851_n.jpg.html)

Tini'sNewHair
February 26th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Thank you restless :) Im calling it waist unless someone insists that its not but from all the pictures i took today, i doubt that theres any error really :)

Thank you jacqueline101 (love your name so much!). Im calling it waist to :)

Thank you duchess67 :flower:

Thank you Jessleigh :)

Thank you GoddesJorney :flower:

Wildcat Diva
February 26th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Wow, really nice progress. Congratulations!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 26th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Well done, I hope to join you at waist soon. My photos show waist but I actually have another inch to grow yet before I will call it.

Nebulae
February 26th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Looks like waist, congrats Tini! :D
You've had some awesome growth, and that hemline is great looking!

RapunzelKat
February 26th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Yep, I'd call that a solid waist length, congrats! :cheer:
And such pretty hair!

bunzfan
February 27th, 2014, 04:12 AM
It looks waist but be careful i was getting my son to take my pictures and it appeared i was waaay longer than it actually was if the person is alot taller they can almost angle down..either way your or either there or very very close.

MinderMutsig
February 27th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I think in your own picture with your timer, your head it tilted down. In the other pictures it seems to be tilted up slightly. I think you are close to waist but probably not quite there yet.

Tini'sNewHair
February 27th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Thank you WildCat - Thanks nebulae :) - Thanks so much RepunzelKat :) - bunzfan, its actually my 6 year old who took those 3 photos posted in the reply, she took them from a distance and I cropped them so its closer and can see better and my husband who is taller than me took that second photo is my post, he stood a meter or so away distance. I also measured with the tape and its 30inches for sure :) thanks tho. Trust me ive spend hours obsessing over this :( it dosnt feel like waist ahhh.

Lyv
February 27th, 2014, 05:35 AM
It looks like you're at waist to me even if it's a tiny bit away I think you'd be there without a doubt in the next month. Your hair always gives me serious hair envy.

stachelbeere
February 27th, 2014, 08:12 AM
<3 I think you are totally at waist! congrats

Lyv, your hair looks just as beautiful as Tinis :) Your August 2013 photo looks divine!

Tini'sNewHair
February 28th, 2014, 01:00 AM
EDIT: Thank you all for the comments and feedback. Some of you seemed to have been right when it was mentioned that my head looks tilted - I just had a friend of mine take measurements of my hair today and she said that I still need about 2 cm growth before im at waist and that my posture wasn’t right. This is really disappointing (I was sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!) and now its also embarrassing that i made such a mistake ( Apologies and im going to wait a little longer now. Tini.

restless
February 28th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Oh Tini... you dont have to feel embarassed or apologise to anyone :flower: We all know what its like to finally (!) reach a milestone and the excitement that comes with it and lots of people do these kind of threads. Maybe youre not at waist just yet but youre damn close and either way, your hair is long and it is gorgeous on top of that. These new measurements doesnt make it any shorter IRL than it was yesterday when you felt happy about the lenght.

You´ll get there :)

0xalis
February 28th, 2014, 02:49 AM
You're so close, you shouldn't feel embarrassed! Honestly, if I saw you IRL with a shirt on I'd assume your hair was waist length. Above all, that's amazing growth for such a short time period! Congratulations!! ♥

bunzfan
February 28th, 2014, 03:18 AM
EDIT: Thank you all for the comments and feedback. Some of you seemed to have been right when it was mentioned that my head looks tilted - I just had a friend of mine take measurements of my hair today and she said that I still need about 2 cm growth before im at waist and that my posture wasn’t right. This is really disappointing (I was sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!) and now its also embarrassing that i made such a mistake ( Apologies and im going to wait a little longer now. Tini.

Aww dont be embarrassed it's easily done i thought i was near tailbone length and it was the angle of the camera it made me feel silly too :D

Tini'sNewHair
February 28th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Thank you restless I cant help but feel like that because i swore that i wont fall into that trap and i did big time :( It was fun to see my friends reaction when i let my hair down, she goes "OMG your hair is soooo long and definitely waist yeah for sure!!!" - I love non LCH-ers :D

Thank you for your kind words emilylightning :) You are right but LHC has changed me so much ... i MUST have that very last strand be right there on the line or else is not IT haha :)

Yeah thats it bunzfan, I cant actually seem to hold a proper posture without balancing something on my head like a book which i normally use so i will be going back to that technique to stop me from seeing things :)) Thanks tho, glad im not the only one then :)

bunzfan
February 28th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Thank you restless I cant help but feel like that because i swore that i wont fall into that trap and i did big time :( It was fun to see my friends reaction when i let my hair down, she goes "OMG your hair is soooo long and definitely waist yeah for sure!!!" - I love non LCH-ers :D

Thank you for your kind words emilylightning :) You are right but LHC has changed me so much ... i MUST have that very last strand be right there on the line or else is not IT haha :)

Yeah thats it bunzfan, I cant actually seem to hold a proper posture without balancing something on my head like a book which i normally use so i will be going back to that technique to stop me from seeing things :)) Thanks tho, glad im not the only one then :)

You aren't i've gone back to self timer pics ;) but you are so damn close 2 months at the most and your be there i heartily recommend peanut butter,protein shakes for a good growth spurt i started on the protein shakes after being frustrated that i wasn't at waist after a year of no trimming and BOOM 2 weeks later waist length hair :cool: