PDA

View Full Version : I put up a new YouTube video

LauraLongLocks
February 24th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/Ez2luyA-eD8

divinedobbie
February 24th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Such pretty hair wow! Thanks for sharing your video, can't wait to try this tomorrow.

Stormynights
February 24th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I loved it. Thank you.

LauraLongLocks
February 24th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Such pretty hair wow! Thanks for sharing your video, can't wait to try this tomorrow.

I loved it. Thank you.

Thank you! Please report back how it goes for you. It does take some practice to get the right amount of tension for this bun, but once you get it, it'll hold all day comfortably.

Henna Girl
February 25th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Beautiful hair Laura. Thanks for sharing this video. Unfortunately, my hair is too short to be styled this way, maybe not for another year :(

chen bao jun
February 25th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Very clear video, I enjoyed it. I don't have enough hair right now to try, alas.
I have the same hairsticks (pair), I got them at claires. though they are long, I think they are very pretty.
and I love your daughter's mirror!

lapushka
February 25th, 2014, 07:20 AM
That made the orchid bun much more clear and easy to follow for me!

SleepyTangles
February 25th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Yay, waist lenght tutorials!! I think there aren't a lot of them. Sometimes is difficult to adjust a classic lenght bun or a BSL bun to my lenght :o
I agree, the mirror is lovely!

LauraLongLocks
February 25th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Beautiful hair Laura. Thanks for sharing this video. Unfortunately, my hair is too short to be styled this way, maybe not for another year :( It could be possible as a half-up. Maybe. When my hair was your length, I didn't know very many styles yet. I think the only bun I knew was a scrunchie bun, which would fall out fast.

Very clear video, I enjoyed it. I don't have enough hair right now to try, alas.
I have the same hairsticks (pair), I got them at claires. though they are long, I think they are very pretty.
and I love your daughter's mirror! 7.5" is very long, but they were inexpensive, and I think they are pretty, too. My daughter also cleared me up on that when she watched my video. "Yes, Mom, it was from Claire's." I love my mirror, too. I got a new one and asked her if she might decorate it for me. I'm going to save the old one, because it is special to me.
l

That made the orchid bun much more clear and easy to follow for me! Great! Thanks. Sometimes I think I over-explain things, but I'm glad if you found it helpful.

Yay, waist lenght tutorials!! I think there aren't a lot of them. Sometimes is difficult to adjust a classic lenght bun or a BSL bun to my lenght :o
I agree, the mirror is lovely! Agreed. Waist is long enough to do a lot of styles, but there is a lack of tutorials with that length. As our hair grows longer, this bun will only get better, I think.

ErinLeigh
February 25th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Very nice video. Your bangs are growing fast! Looks good :)

Peggy E.
February 25th, 2014, 10:50 AM
so sorry you broke your lovely mirror. :o(

my hair is a bit longer, at tbl, but I have such a taper it doesn't really seem this long. the longer hair tuts seem to be geared towards much, much longer hair - such as torrinpaige's vids - and though they are great, it isn't that easy for me to follow for my length. I get rather overwhelmed with all the super long, gorgeous hair flying around!

your vids work better on my hair and it's easy to tuck the leftover strands, if needed..

the only problem I have is a common one: darker hair is so hard to see. you often can't get a distinct view of the style, as you can with lighter hair. don't know if it's due to lighting, but that would be my guess....

keep up the good work. am a subscriber and looking forward to more great styles!

LauraLongLocks
February 25th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Very nice video. Your bangs are growing fast! Looks good :) Thank you.

so sorry you broke your lovely mirror. :o(

my hair is a bit longer, at tbl, but I have such a taper it doesn't really seem this long. the longer hair tuts seem to be geared towards much, much longer hair - such as torrinpaige's vids - and though they are great, it isn't that easy for me to follow for my length. I get rather overwhelmed with all the super long, gorgeous hair flying around!

your vids work better on my hair and it's easy to tuck the leftover strands, if needed..

the only problem I have is a common one: darker hair is so hard to see. you often can't get a distinct view of the style, as you can with lighter hair. don't know if it's due to lighting, but that would be my guess....

keep up the good work. am a subscriber and looking forward to more great styles! Thank you. I am glad you find my videos helpful. About the dark hair... would you believe I have 11 bulbs going in that room, and it is STILL so dark?? I have two back lights, five key lights, and four fill lights. Plus it was daytime and I had some light coming in the window. I guess I would have to be outdoors to get better lighting. YouTube has some enhancements they offer, so I will fiddle around and see if I can get a better exposure.

Marika
February 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Thank you Laura, the bun feels definitely more secure this way!

You look so pretty!:flower:

LauraLongLocks
February 27th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Thank you Laura, the bun feels definitely more secure this way!

You look so pretty!:flower:

Thank you, I'm glad you like the bun. It is a lot more secure this way. And thank you for the compliment! <blushing>

jacqueline101
February 27th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I agree your bangs are growing fast and your bun is pretty. I can't wait until my comb destroyer reaches waist so I can try it.

LauraLongLocks
February 27th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Very nice video. Your bangs are growing fast! Looks good :) Thanks.

Here's a video on how I get my hair dry fast. Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbgB6WhMl4Y

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks.

Here's a video on how I get my hair dry fast. Hope you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbgB6WhMl4Y

Great, thanks! :thumbsup: :D

Belle126
February 27th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I enjoyed both of your videos! :D

0xalis
February 27th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Very informative, thank you! Now I just have to wait about 2 years until do that hahaha :D I wish I could find some cheapy hairsticks in real life. I'm iffy about buying things online :/

LauraLongLocks
February 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Great, thanks! :thumbsup: :D :)

I enjoyed both of your videos! :D Thanks, I have a few more on my channel, if you want to take a look.

Very informative, thank you! Now I just have to wait about 2 years until do that hahaha :D I wish I could find some cheapy hairsticks in real life. I'm iffy about buying things online :/ Cheap hairstick are pretty easy to come by, just grab a pencil and sharpen it and use that. ;)

LanaBanana
February 27th, 2014, 10:07 PM
I just have to say that your hair is GORGEOUS! You have my dream hair! I don't usually like it when people talk in tutorials, but you are so personable and down to earth that I just love watching your videos. Can't wait till I reach waist so I can do this one :)

LauraLongLocks
February 27th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I just have to say that your hair is GORGEOUS! You have my dream hair! I don't usually like it when people talk in tutorials, but you are so personable and down to earth that I just love watching your videos. Can't wait till I reach waist so I can do this one :) Why, thank you! Your compliments and encouragement are so nice to receive. You'll make it to waist! In the meantime, practice it as a half-up.