PDA

View Full Version : Hook 'em at any and every age... The Enablinator's Third Strike!!!!

GRU
February 23rd, 2014, 02:00 PM
If you haven't already read them, you can find my first Enablinator story (Hook 'em while they're young.... The Enablinator Strikes!) at this link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65684), and my second Enablinator story (Hook 'em before middle age.... The Enablinator Strikes AGAIN!!!!) is at this link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90129). This is the third episode of the saga, although I was crunched for time (Hubster and The Kid were ready to go home), so it's not nearly as fun a story as the other two were.

My son has a hockey teammate whose older sister (late 20s) and mother (old enough to have grandchildren -- the 20-something daughter is the younger of the two daughters, and the older one is married with kids) are both longhairs (mother to waist; sister to knees), but they always wear their hair up and covered for what I presume are religious reasons. Well, today they asked me about me and my hairsticks, and boy-oh-boy, the Enablinator did not disappoint! :lol:

After several demonstrations of my go-to bun (which is a modified version of the Nautilus), I handed them my phone and had them record video of it so they could follow along at home. It was a hair-down day for me, so they got to see exactly how easy it is to put "All That Hair" up in a bun. Even slowed down for demonstration purposes, with pauses at each step, the video is only about 30 seconds long -- this is my go-to bun mainly because I can put my hair up in less than ten seconds, start to finish (it usually takes me longer to find a hairstick than it takes me to do the actual hairstyle).

And being the good little Enablinator that I am, I of COURSE had several hairsticks in my coat pocket, so I sent them home with one to practice with! Sadly, I didn't have any Spin Pins on me (and we were in Hubster's truck instead of my car, so I couldn't pilfer from my car-stash of Spin Pins), but I told them all about them and will be sending some to hockey practice with my son tomorrow night. :eyebrows:

And when I got home I sent a long email with the video I had recorded, plus links to several YouTube channels with tutorial videos (*cough*torrinpaige*cough*), and there may or may not have been an Etsy link included for stick-purchasing purposes. :whistle: (Hey, gotta keep my Enablinator status active, right?)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 23rd, 2014, 02:23 PM
What fun! But will WE get to see this video? :)

lapushka
February 23rd, 2014, 03:02 PM
What fun! But will WE get to see this video? :)

Fun story, but I'm also wondering this! ^^

GRU
February 23rd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Sorry, there are people in the background from our hockey team who didn't know they were being recorded.... Maybe I'll get my kid to record me one of these days, and then I can share that one.

MeowScat
February 23rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
Atta girl! Another great GRU story! Now get to work on that video, I'm dying to see it! :)