PDA

View Full Version : My poor hair

sunflowersmiles
February 23rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Do you ever start a S&D and find so many splits that you just wanna cry? Yeah that is me today. I had to stop and just rebraid my hair. Maybe tomorrow I will find the courage to finish what I started. I guess it is just a reminder that I should S&D more than just every 4 months.

Pynasta
February 23rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
Aww, that sucks! :(

I always notice this one split, and when I get my scissors I can't find it any more... >.>

Decemberrose
February 23rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
:( yikes, I know how that feels... It's just horrible! Remember I chopped an inch or so because of frustration. Didn't see another option :( How often do you want to S&D now? I do it once a month :)

SleepyTangles
February 23rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
Splits are bitches! If you don't want to trim a lot of lenght, you can just maintain your lenght for two months...

sunflowersmiles
February 23rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
I was doing it once a month for a while. That worked well for me. My ends are color damaged and very prone to splits. Life has just kinda kept me busy and I have neglected my hair for too long. I will try and S&D the spits out, then give it a microtrim to even out the hemline. I just don't have the heart to actually cut it right now.

Kherome
February 23rd, 2014, 01:06 PM
Aww, that sucks! :(

I always notice this one split, and when I get my scissors I can't find it any more... >.>

Uh uh, I find that thing and hold it in a vise grip until I find my scissors! Haha

Leslieslsa
February 23rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
I S&D a few times a week so I really don't notice many splits. The last time I did it I think I got about five in fifteen minutes. And I only cuts the hairs that are absolutely necessary too. I actually enjoy S&D it kind of relaxes me for some reason. Maybe you should get a trim? That would take of all of most of them at once and then you can S&D more often. I second that I always find them without scissors and then when go to get scissors I can't find it again!! I also have a BAD habit of chewing them off if I don't have scissors, which probably just causes them to split again..

sunflowersmiles
February 23rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
I have lots of layers, so even though most of the splits are just those tiny ones, I would have to cut over 6 inches to get rid of most of them. Just not worth it to me. It doesn't look bad because they are small, but it is frustrating when you know if you hadn't been lazy it would be softer and less prone to tangle.

spidermom
February 23rd, 2014, 02:05 PM
Yup. When my hair was around tailbone to classic length, I always found thousands of splits - some of them really gnarly looking. Now that my hair is layered, longest at waist, I don't see so many. I'm trying to train myself not to look.