PDA

View Full Version : getting bored with hair color

Chocowalnut
February 22nd, 2014, 09:30 PM
This is a problem I've had for years and one of the main reasons that led me to get really damaged hair- I get bored with my hair color after a few months and want to change it completely. Well, I cut all that damaged hair off awhile back and have only used henna for a long time, but now I'm starting to get ideas of myself as a blonde again or other colors...how do I stop these thoughts/what can I do to be happy with my hair color so I don't go out and ruin all my hard work getting my hair healthy??:mad:

Raging Wolf
February 23rd, 2014, 06:56 AM
You could try using a demi dye color that will change your hair color temporarily. It washes out in about 28 shampoos and doesn't cause the damage to your hair that permanent dyes may. I have heard members on the board here talk about manic panic and other types of demi dyes.

I just ordered from esalon a demi dye color, soft black with pearl iridescents for my hair. No, I haven't tried it out yet; I will next weekend. The color that I chose is similar to my own natural color with just a hint of shimmer to it. I am not one for dying my hair to much, but I admit that it is nice to have a little bit of fun now and again. :jestor:

woodswanderer
February 23rd, 2014, 08:06 AM
Maybe focus on new styles or get a colorful paranda to take your mind off it.

Decemberrose
February 23rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
I have the same problem. I have switched between red, brown and black so many times... :(
I just started to use a semi permanent dye, it holds up to about 28-36 washes and fades a lot. It makes it easier to switch colour.

I really love my red hair, but when I see a nice chokolate brown I fall in love all over again! :(
Then I search for lovely long red hair on google and get inspired... that helps me to not color it again.
Think about the health of your hair, maybe that could help. :) do a deep treatment when you want to color.

Firefox7275
February 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM
You may not have the option, its seriously difficult/ impossible for many people to bleach out henna.

ositarosita
February 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Same place.. I ordered some manic panic so I can do some peak a boo highlights. So the colour wont touch bout 90% of my hair and I still have a change that will eventually fade away

SkyChild
February 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Switch up your styles. Get some demi-dye

Sarahlabyrinth
February 23rd, 2014, 02:25 PM
Try learning different updos or enjoying different hair toys and tell yourself that your hair is getting healthier and more beautiful every day that you don't change your hair colour...because you know that changing colour damages it. Learn other ways to enjoy your hair.

Weewah
February 23rd, 2014, 07:26 PM
Think about how annoying it is to have damage and split ends and hopefully it'll help you stay away from the bleach.

queenovnight
February 27th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I do the same thing. When I get like this, I start trying new hairstyles. I also look at old photos, back when my hair was a damaged dyed mess.
I very quickly change my mind haha.

ErinLeigh
February 27th, 2014, 04:55 PM
This is a problem I've had for years and one of the main reasons that led me to get really damaged hair- I get bored with my hair color after a few months and want to change it completely. Well, I cut all that damaged hair off awhile back and have only used henna for a long time, but now I'm starting to get ideas of myself as a blonde again or other colors...how do I stop these thoughts/what can I do to be happy with my hair color so I don't go out and ruin all my hard work getting my hair healthy??:mad:

What may work and be a happy compromise is taking either an underside section that you color or just a section of fringe/bang/front area? This way you can have fun with color without damaging all the hair and ruining your hard work.
I find that color really changes things even when just around face, so I try to do my highlights in bangs only for instance. This leaves rest of hair healthier. I look blonde, people refer to me as blonde, but hair is brown. It makes that much of a difference.
Maybe just lighten the front pieces and see if that makes enough of a change? This is also good because A. You can see how much damage it does or does not cause before jumping all in, and B. Its easy to take back if you find you don't like it.