PDA

View Full Version : What to cover hair w/ for all-day oiling or deep cond. to protect furniture/clothes?

DarleneH
February 22nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
I suppose if you're oiling all night this applies too, but the reason for my question is I don't want oil or greasy conditioner getting on my furniture if I lean my head back. Also I'm wanting to experiment with leaving a color glaze in all day and not rinse it out until that night, so that's something I'd want to try to avoid coming in contact with anything except my hair. So what's the best way to smear-proof when you have a heaping helping of these oils, conditioners, and other stuff in your hair all day?

YamaMaya
February 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Plastic shopping bags work well, as do plastic-y type shower caps :)

MeowScat
February 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Get a pack of those cheap shower caps. I bought one that has a dozen clear caps for only a few dollars. Maybe even some Saran / plastic wrap if you don't have small plastic bags.

SkyChild
I'd suspect that an updo with a scarf would be a good idea. I'm sure there was a thread recently involving scarf updos for sun protection, but you could use them.

meteor
Plastic shower cap. I sometimes wear two plastic caps if I need to be extra careful: e.g. heavy oiling with a bad-smelling oil like neem.

Oh, and antimacassars exist for protecting furniture (esp. armchairs) from hair oils - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimacassar
They were very popular in Victorian and Edwardian periods.

longishhair
February 22nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
1. saran wrap to keep condish off furniture etc. and to promote heating
2. (if you want to be warm): scarf
3. plastic shower cap to keep everything in place

sarahthegemini
February 22nd, 2014, 02:01 PM
Clingfilm with a scarf over the top.

Firefox7275
February 22nd, 2014, 06:43 PM
Reuseable/ washable shower cap, the type with a plastic inner lining and fabric outer. Stays on better than baggies and microfibre towel turbans. Don't wear valuable clothing I have a stained top reserved for hair dye. Towel over furniture I care about as an insurance policy (when my mother does my roots at her home).