PDA

View Full Version : Kate Middleton being pressured to cut her long hair???

turtlelover
February 21st, 2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2014/02/20/camilla-duchess-cornwall-tells-kate-middleton-cut-hair (http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2014/02/20/camilla-duchess-cornwall-tells-kate-middleton-cut-hair)

shudder:

I think I sense some jealousy!!!! *sigh*

Alun
February 21st, 2014, 07:33 PM
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2014/02/20/camilla-duchess-cornwall-tells-kate-middleton-cut-hair (http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2014/02/20/camilla-duchess-cornwall-tells-kate-middleton-cut-hair)

shudder:

I think I sense some jealousy!!!! *sigh*

She looks lovely just as she is.

Nadine <3
February 21st, 2014, 07:34 PM
What in the world, leave the poor girl alone, Kate has AMAZING HAIR and she looks like a princess to me. Don't princess have long hair? All the Disney ones do!! :D

LanaBanana
February 21st, 2014, 07:38 PM
Poor thing, I can't imagine having that many people telling me what I should and shouldn't do with my hair! Her hair is beautiful, and I've never looked at her and thought "bedraggled." Completely the opposite!

In2wishin
February 21st, 2014, 07:44 PM
I think some of the criticism is because she always wears it down in the same style and it has been distracting, often covering her face or forcing her to hold it back in the wind. The look in the first photo also got some criticism because the necklace was mostly covered up.

Having said that, she looks just fine and has beautiful hair. Perhaps switching her style a little with more half-ups when she has outdoors engagements or the occasional updo for formal events would make everyone happier.

blue_eyes
February 21st, 2014, 07:48 PM
Kate looks gorgeous!! She's glamorous and classy. I've never honestly looked at Camilla and thought she was any of those things...

ErinLeigh
February 21st, 2014, 07:49 PM
Too long? Bedraggled?
Odd. But it could help if she started doing some updos for more formal events.
Not my business but it could get folks off her back.

Carolyn
February 21st, 2014, 08:06 PM
Ok so if Kate is bedraggled I want to be bedraggled. I'd love to see her with some gorgeous formal updos now and then but down is gorgeous too. And I think Camilla is a frumpy old cow.

cathair
February 21st, 2014, 08:58 PM
I am really not her number 1 fan, but I think she has nice hair. Camilla might want her to go shorter and lighter because that's what she has. Also princess Dianna had very short blonde hair. She might be getting some of that, your a mum now therefore you must have short hair pressure too. She doesn't look like your standard royal, she has much nicer hair than any of them. If they don't like it, it's probably a compliment.

tlang
February 21st, 2014, 09:05 PM
Ah, what jealousy will do to some one, how sad. I am tremendously envious of her hair, I'm finally between chin and shoulder length, what I would t give for her locks.

Macaroni
February 21st, 2014, 10:06 PM
Camilla, Duchess of F̶r̶u̶m̶p̶ Cornwall, is least likely to be in a position to offer advice. The other two critics are hairdressers :), with a vested interest in cutting, etc. so no love lost there with longhairs.

I would like to see her wear updos at night, something elegant and she'll enjoy the best of both worlds.

Teazel
February 21st, 2014, 11:13 PM
I have a tendency to hang around on a site that looks at what celebs wear, and I've noticed comments on the Duchess of Cambridge's hair suddenly change from "OMG her hair is so gorgeous, I wish I had it" to grizzling about it being too long and needs a change. What? It's the same hair! If people are bored with it surely that's their problem, not hers? Honestly, I have to bite my tongue.

Leslieslsa
February 22nd, 2014, 12:35 AM
I don't really get it. Her hair isn't even THAT long and even if it was, why should she have to cut it, it is her hair not theirs. I would tell them to shove it if anyone told me to cut my hair. That is their problem, not hers. I am sorry, it just kind of enrages me that they would demand she cut it. That is really not their choice to make.

hairpleasegrow
February 22nd, 2014, 12:41 AM
Ok so if Kate is bedraggled I want to be bedraggled. I'd love to see her with some gorgeous formal updos now and then but down is gorgeous too. And I think Camilla is a frumpy old cow.

Yes haha i agree!!! Camilla's a jealous old frump

diddiedaisy
February 22nd, 2014, 03:44 AM
I read a piece last week that said her lank hair needed cutting. Lank....lank???? If that's lank hair they don't want to see my idea of lank. To me Kates hair still looks thick and full. I'd love Kate's lank hair

**Vera**
February 22nd, 2014, 03:56 AM
I have noticed this trend... which we here call "being modern". People who consider themselves as modern, fashionable or sophisticated are always giving such "advises". Personally i don't like such snobbish attitude. People should mind there own business.

Mya
February 22nd, 2014, 04:47 AM
I think it's a false story.

jacqueline101
February 22nd, 2014, 04:55 AM
Ah, what jealousy will do to some one, how sad. I am tremendously envious of her hair, I'm finally between chin and shoulder length, what I would t give for her locks.

I agree I think it's jealousy that keeps them going. That family is always criticizing someone.

sarahthegemini
February 22nd, 2014, 05:17 AM
Oh yes of course, someone says Kate should cut her hair so that person must be jealous. Jesus Christ not everything comes down to jealousy. As it happens, I think her hair is alright, I dont really pay much attention to her tbh. But if somebody doesnt like her hair, it means they dont like it. It doesn't mean they are secretly jealous ffs.

alyanna
February 22nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Camilla is giving fashion advice to Kate?! Bahahahahahahaaaaa!!!
Frumpy old cow indeed.

woodswanderer
February 22nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
It's sort of hard to think that it isn't jealousy when her hair looks so lovely. I can't imagine anyone looking at it and sincerely thinking it looks crappy.

pixldust
February 22nd, 2014, 09:27 AM
That's the fickle nature of the world, especially when it comes to famous faces. One minute their hair or dress sense is the best thing since sliced bread, and the next people are pulling it down and saying it's rubbish. No doubt if Kate were to cut her hair, people would gush over it initially. There would be magazine pieces showing you how to copy her style, and women dashing to the hairdresser clutching a picture of her, like there were over her hair as it is now. Then give it time, and the backlash would probably begin. Magazines asking 'why did Kate cut her beautiful hair?'
She needs to be strong enough not to bow down to pressure. And never, ever take syle advice from Camilla :D

Firefox7275
February 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
I struggle to believe this fluff and nonsense. Neither Kate nor Camilla like press attention outside public engagements, and the royal's staff are well vetted. If the advice came from anyone it would have come from William and Kate's own staff. You would make little money selling such an insignificant story to the press yet would risk sacking.

There is no need to insult Camilla, she is a human being.

lapushka
February 22nd, 2014, 09:48 AM
There is no need to insult Camilla, she is a human being.

Agree with this! ^^

MeowScat
February 22nd, 2014, 09:52 AM
I've read a lot of articles about her, especially in the Daily Mail. If the article doesn't criticize her hair, then the commenters do. Sometimes, there will be comments from several hundred people on one article saying that she looks like a wreck and needs to cut her hair off.

I guess they want her to follow in Diana's footsteps in every respect.

dulce
February 22nd, 2014, 10:12 AM
The general public does not like long hair,I belong to several facebook gray hair forums,if I post a pic of my hair in a bun or French twist,I get the same number of ''likes'' as a short haired person.If I post a pic of it loose or in a pony[where you can see the actual length]I get very few ''likes'' as compared to the short haired ladies pics ,who are the majority in those forums..coincidence? I don't think so especially after noticing that trend for several years now on those forums.The longer the hair the less ''likes'' or positive comments.Kate's hair is gorgeous,if she is getting pressure to cut,I hope she will follow some of the suggestions here to do elegant simple classic updos when out in the public, eg french twist,chignon,French braid,half ups.Then wear it loose privately,a much better solution than cutting off her beautiful hair just to conform to others standards.

longhairdesired
February 22nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Her hair looks beautiful. I hope she doesn't give in and cut it.

clioariane
February 22nd, 2014, 10:40 AM
I think this story is totally made up.

AmyBeth
February 22nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Kate's hair is beautiful. It looks to me like she knows who she is, and possesses the strength of mind to decide for herself. I don't think I ever heard her husband complaining.
As for Camilla advising Kate on what to do with her hair? Do you really think the Duchess of Cornwall, and future Queen has nothing better to do? Camilla has been a God-send for the royal family. She is a good wife, and a good representative of the monarchy. I believe this "story" is probably nothing more than an attempt to boost readership. After all, everyone knows Kate has perfectly enviable hair. It's time to stir up something new. And Camilla has always been a likely scapegoat. As for those who call her style "frumpy", I'd like to see you in your mid-sixties looking anywhere near as stylish!

OrangeStripe
February 22nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
This story is obviously made up. Glamour Magazine is one of the many magazines that quite literally make things up for headlines. If you don't normally read these kinds of magazines, I recommend reading the 'midweek madness' column on Jezebel. seeing all these nonsense stories highlighted really shows the depths the magazines will sink to to get views.

vanillabones
February 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
This is ridiculous. She's always had the same hair more or less and I highly doubt she will give in and cut it... if she does I would be royally disappointed. I think she knows how she likes to wear and style her hair by now. The world is bored with her hair as is expected for any celebrity I just hope she doesn't get bored with it! And if she does then it's time for some updos. I love her hair down but I honestly like it even better in elegant updos with simple accent accessories - simply stunning!

Parelli4life
February 22nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
I love her hair in that first picture on the webpage. It's beautiful. Whether or not it's a fake article if anyone suggested cutting her gorgeous hair they are :crazyq: . I wish my hair looked half as good as hers!

Micayla47
February 22nd, 2014, 11:37 AM
I seriously hope she doesn't do it. I mean taking style advice from Camilla Bowles??? I think the older, frumpier royals are trying to turn Kate into one of them and she's too young for that.

torrilin
February 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM
For formal (full dress uniforms or white tie for the guys, tiara and long gown for the ladies) events, normally a woman would have short hair or wear her hair up. Kate doesn't attend these sorts of events often, so it hasn't really come up yet. For informal (black tie or long gown), hair normally gets worn up. Down isn't forbidden, but it's seen as more casual or more appropriate for a girl.

That said, Crown Princesses Mary, Victoria, and Letizia (Denmark, Sweden and Spain respectively) all have APL/BSLish long dark hair that they sometimes wear loose to black tie events. And all 3 are quite willing to attend evening events wearing our beloved "skinned weasel" or "mean lady" buns or French twists that are the sort of thing anyone can learn to do. And Mary is a good bit older than I am. The big difference between them and Kate is Kate is pretty resolute in almost always wearing her hair down. Up is a once or twice a year thing for her.

Since both Queen Elizabeth and Camilla are avid riders, I'm sure they do think Kate should be a *trifle* more practical. It isn't always safe to have long hair loose. A silk scarf or two for outdoor events (as a more elegant alternative to ponytail holder on the wrist), and the occasional peacock twist for evening events would probably go a long way with them. I doubt they think she should chop her hair off. But it's fairly hard to have fun riding or doing sports if your hair is always in the way. And dragging your hair in your soup or through a candle flame, also really unpleasant... and I'm sure I'm not the only member who has had soup and fire accidents.

It's still Kate's head tho :).

YamaMaya
February 22nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Someone should tell her haters are gonna hate, and to just keep her hair how she likes it. Just because someone's in the public eye doesn't give everyone the right to tell them how to look.

divinedobbie
February 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
First of all, I think the article is fake or at least exaggerating to get more views.

But I admit, I'm quite lost as to what is wrong with long hair, whether on a princess or anyone else. A previous poster mentioned that she posted photos of her hair on a facebook forum for gray hair, and that short (or up to resemble short) hair got more likes. I really don't understand why. To me, long hair is way more beautiful and will always be more beautiful than short hair (no offence to any short hairs). And this is how I felt way before coming to LHC.

Specifically pertaining to Kate, why is the perception that short hair would be more princess-y or more formal? When I went to a formal ball (yes with tiaras, expensive ball gowns etc) almost every girl there had their hair down and reaching waist. I'm so confused, maybe it's just where I live?

SkyChild
February 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Since when has Glamour magazine been the Royals preferred method of getting views across? I bet it's one of those off-hand comments like my Granny has said to me before when my long hair looked bedraggled one day, and the media has gotten hold of this and gone "Whoosh, big problem!"

It's because anything with Kate in it sells more magazines for them. I think her hair is lovely and it's up to her what to do with it.

sarahthegemini
February 22nd, 2014, 01:58 PM
I don't understand those saying they'd be disappointed if she cut her hair, why would you be disappointed with what someone - who you dont know - does with their hair? :-/

meteor
February 22nd, 2014, 01:58 PM
Some people may want her hair shorter, longer, worn up, blonder, curlier... Unless she wears new wigs every day, she can't possibly satisfy everyone.
Personally, I really like her hair, but she's "not here to decorate my world".

dulce
February 22nd, 2014, 02:04 PM
divinedobbie,from my experience as a long hair and now as an oldster with long hair, most people in the general public, prefer shorter salon styled hair which is constantly and heavily promoted by salons and a lot of hairdressers,the media/ fashion industry[magazines and tv makeovers and tv shows,tv ads] and such.The gray forums only reinforce what I personally have encountered at salons and with hairdressers and a lot of the general public.Most people,in my opinion have been brainwashed that salon dos and cuts are better.Watch people's horrified facial expressions if you mention you cut your own hair..Sadly I could easily see her getting this pressure but I hope I'm wrong.Maybe not coming from Camillia but more from the mainstream fashion stylists hired to advise her.

Unicorn
February 22nd, 2014, 02:15 PM
I can't imagine there's anything in this. With Diana, it was said that she was being pressured to grow her hair as such short hair was less than royal. If you see any pictures in the earlier days of her marriage, her hair was longish for a while.

As for Camilla, she's very much of the 'upper class' horse/country set. I'd say that she is dressed by stylists for any formal/royal functions, but has little if any real interest in fashion herself. She does the consort role better than Diana ever could, so she'll be dressing according to what is 'appropriate' as opposed to exercising her personal preferences. I'd be surprised if she had even the vaguest interest in the length of Kate's hair unless it dragged through the soup one day and she made a casual comment.

Unicorn

Mainesongbird
February 22nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
She is so pretty and her hair is enviable. It doesn't look like she needs to lose 6 inches! Ridiculous and jealous peeps!

bunzfan
February 22nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
I don't love her hair but it's still very nice and I guess they have to find something to bitch about, I don't think it's that long.

Vanilla
February 22nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
Though I do love her hair, I have to agree with some of the other people here in saying she should change up her styles a little bit more. She seems to be most often wearing her hair down and large curls on the ends of the hair.

I would love to see her wear her hair in some different styles. I think braids would look amazing on her!

Bloom
February 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
I really sense jealousy here... Kate has amazing hair, and I really don't think short hair would even suit her! I hope she keeps it long!

PrincessIdril
February 22nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
I highly doubt Camilla actually said that to her, please note the "article" (it doesn't exactly deserve the word) said "rumored". And Glamour is hardly a reputable source. They love printing crap (made up crap usually) about William and Kate because it gets them more pageviews/sells more magazines.

And much as I love Kate, and yes she does have beautiful hair, but her hair is so boring. She is nearly always wearing the same style. In the first picture there you can barely see her necklace because of her hair and those are some serious jewels she is hiding away (possibly from the Royal Collection, I would check my book if it wasn't so late). And quite frequently her face is partially hidden by her hair. Now that would be fine in paparazzi shots of her but a lot of the time she is doing public appearances. And at those times her job is to be seen, something she is not doing well if her hair is constantly in her face. Why do you think the Queen and Camilla have their hair/hats in the styles they do? Because that kind of styling allows your public to see your face which is what is expected.

And as a side note, leave off Camilla. Calling her names is unnecessary and not exactly in keeping with KNIT now is it?

vanillabones
February 22nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Obviously that comment was directed toward me, although it was said indirectly as are most of your comments, which are all negative about other peoples posts instead of having your own opinion on anything. I stated mine. I'll be DISAPPOINTED if she cuts her hair DUE TO MEDIA PRESSURE. *rolls eyes*

ErinLeigh
February 22nd, 2014, 11:22 PM
I think what they are calling lank is PP Shedding. Before he has the future Prince everyone raved about her hair.
I dont see much difference but haven't been looking. Maybe this is what they are picking up on?

I cannot see Camilla as a royal. I often forget she married Charles. I need to keep up better on events! She may or may not be offering hair advise to Kate but if she is I am sure its really coming down from the top - the Queen and Camilla is passing the wish along.
Its hard to know with articles like this if it is gossip or true..but chatter on the internet lately has been negative towards Kate's hair. The Royals are in the public eye. This is what they do, so as strange as these things sound I can easily see this being a topic in the palace.

My vote is still just leaving the hair as Kate pleases, but having hair done up for more formal events with different updos and hair jewelry. I think it could be quite trend setting actually.

MaryO
February 23rd, 2014, 02:09 AM
Oh puh-lease!! Her hair is lovely, if the 'rumours' are true she shouldn't listen to them at all. What is more princess-ey than gorgeous long hair??

LadyCelestina
February 23rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
I have to agree,not that she should cut her hair,but definitely opt for updo's more.It doesn't look right being down in the photo with the evening dress,although the hair itself looks nice.

sarahthegemini
February 23rd, 2014, 06:10 AM
Obviously that comment was directed toward me, although it was said indirectly as are most of your comments, which are all negative about other peoples posts instead of having your own opinion on anything. I stated mine. I'll be DISAPPOINTED if she cuts her hair DUE TO MEDIA PRESSURE. *rolls eyes*

As far as I could tell, there was a few people saying they would be disappointed, hence why you wasn't quoted directly. I never said anything negative or horrible, I belive all I said was I couldn't understand why anyone would be disappointed. I'm not sure why you have responded in such a bitchy way.

eta: I apologise if my post came across as horrible, I can't see how it could but if I did, I do apologise. I'm also confused as to how you think "all my posts are negative" :-/

Jasperine
February 23rd, 2014, 06:15 AM
Well, it does look pretty untidy when she's at an official event and it's windy and her hair is all over the place.. Could be fixed with a nice updo tho :)

PrincessIdril
February 23rd, 2014, 07:15 AM

Is that directed at me? Because if so I wasn't directing my comment at you.

naopll10
February 23rd, 2014, 10:32 PM
Why? I think it's pretty:)

Amahaitz
February 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I love Kate's long hair. She looks like a princess to me.

Peggy E.
February 25th, 2014, 10:56 AM
does her husband get to weigh in on this argument? somehow imagine he'd prefer she not look much like his step-mother! wouldn't think kate would much want to, either.

she is lovely, her hair is lovely, short hair would make her a bit more ordinary, as I think she takes a lot of pride in it. she does wear it up for formal events and maybe she needs to wear it up a bit more - show off some of that hardware they have stacked up around the palaces....

chen bao jun
February 25th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Glamour magazine makes up this stuff because everybody cares. Or at least a whole a lot of people, which is why this post grew to 6 pages so fast. I'm sure they made it up. I am not a fan of Camilla (an adulteress is an adulteress no matter how they tidy the situation up) but certainly she is a classy lady in everything but her morals and has always been known for keeping her mouth shut (something Princess Diana unfortunately could not do) so I can't imagine her commenting on Kate's hair one way or another.

Kate is very pretty, she will look pretty whatever she decides to do with her hair, and continue to represent the royal family in a classy way (she also knows how to keep the mouth shut). If she doesn't like to wear it up, I see no reason for her to wear it up (I doubt she wants to grow to extreme lengths). If it is looking thinner, she may have stopped wearing the extensions she was doing for a while. so she may just have 'normal' thick hair at the moment, instead of 'extension thick hair' which is what celebrity stylists tend to do to you. Normal is never good enough for them.

I am also sad to see people calling Camilla a 'frump' and also especially sad to see 'old frump'. As I said before, i don't approve of the morals (because that actually hurts other people, the woman has done a lot of damage) but newsflash, everybody gets old if they live long enough and some of the young ladies talking about how this over 60-something year old lady looks are not going to hold up half as well, so be careful with the rock throwing. And realize that your own value needs to be in something other than being young and 'hot'.

dulce
February 25th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Well said ,Chen,so many good points..

NoRush
February 25th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I can believe that she's been pressured to cut her hair, can you imagine the booming business?? Like the rachel back in the day, only her hair will be followed for decades... I hope she gives the media a very elegant if veiled finger since they'll never be satisfied.

If she doesn't cut it she's stuck in a rut, if she does they'll say she caved under the pressure and in a few months time they'll say it's boring how she doesn't o anything different with her hair again. There is no winning so I don't se a point in giving in.