PDA

View Full Version : Will my layers ever stop flipping out!?!?

susieq998
February 21st, 2014, 10:55 AM
I hate that!! It drives me insane and it looks so ugly and stupid. Im not using heat to straighten anymore so i have no idea what to do to make it look better when it gets like this. It flips out all over the back of my head all these little wispy peices. It looks fine when its smoothed out but this just looks awful. Will this problem go away when the grow out longer?

Nadine <3
February 21st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Mine where like that too. As they grow out, they're becoming more manageable. I can't wait till i can cut them all out though!

Macaroni
February 21st, 2014, 11:43 AM
Do you want your hair straight? Is it long enough to wrap around your head? If so, look at YouTube for How To Wrap Your Hair.

Anje
February 21st, 2014, 12:11 PM
What's your hairtype? That'll influence the answers you get. If you've got quite wavy or curly hair, it's plausible that the person who cut it cut the waves at a point where they stick out. Some of it is probably just your length, though. Shorter hair like your layers loves to sproing out whenever it gets the chance. Growing it long and growing out the layers can leave it better behaved in many cases.

susieq998
February 21st, 2014, 12:23 PM
my hair is fine and thick. It has a very slight s wave to it. The shortest layer is my biggest problem but it does it for a couple inches down from there. My shortest layer is about nape length maybe a little longer. How long do you think it will take before it stops flipping out so much?

WilfredAllen
February 21st, 2014, 01:42 PM
it sounds like you have slightly wavy hair... my hair does that until collarbone length-ish. as it gets longer, the weight pulls it down and the full wave formation also becomes visible

spidermom
February 21st, 2014, 02:26 PM
Does your stylist point cut or cut with a razor? If he/she does, next time tell him/her "don't". Those kinds of cuts seem to create thousands of flicky and wispy ends.

The weight of longer hair does seem to cure a variety of ills.

meteor
February 22nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
It can definitely happen to wavies and curlies when the hairstylist cuts on wet or isn't paying attention to your curl pattern. The way your ends are cut can really impact the wave formation and the look of your ends.
Next time you go for a trim, ask for a dry cut by a stylist who has experience with wavy or curly hair and tell them about the flipping ends problem.

Firefox7275
February 22nd, 2014, 06:53 PM
my hair is fine and thick. It has a very slight s wave to it. The shortest layer is my biggest problem but it does it for a couple inches down from there. My shortest layer is about nape length maybe a little longer. How long do you think it will take before it stops flipping out so much?

It might not stop flipping if you fight your waves. Consider working with them with the Curly Girl method, you could be surprised how wavy it actually is: I have 2c ringlets at the front, brushed out it is nothing more than an annoying cowlick. That's a common hidden wavy tale.