PDA

View Full Version : The thick hair thread :)

indifference
February 20th, 2014, 11:42 PM
I searched and couldn't find a thread like this. This is somewhere to post rants, tips, hairstyles, pictures, etc of your thick hair.
I have EXTREMELY thick hair. I cannot use most hair toys because its so thick. Any ideas for hairstyles? (Ihave mediumlengthhair)

divinedobbie
February 20th, 2014, 11:58 PM
This is the thread for thick hair: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43020

You can find it stickied at the top of this forum under "Index to Important Threads" along with other threads like "Fine and thick" in case you fit in there too.

Sorry can't help you with hairstyles - my hair type is way different than yours.

Madora
February 21st, 2014, 08:24 AM
The secret to managing thick hair is to section it.

Parelli4life
February 22nd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Mine is rather thick. I cut about 13 inches off early this month because it was starting to give me headaches. I used to put mine up in a lazy bun using a hair stick. Right now it's so short I can't hardly put it up in anything other than a ponytail.

meteor
February 22nd, 2014, 02:18 PM
Thicker hair is harder to put up. I absolutely agree with Madora about sectioning it.
Another thing that helps is building your updo around 2 or 3 braids or ponies, also accent braids and other things that help redistribute the weight along the scalp and help grip the hair with hair-toys better.

Mine is rather thick. I cut about 13 inches off early this month because it was starting to give me headaches. I used to put mine up in a lazy bun using a hair stick. Right now it's so short I can't hardly put it up in anything other than a ponytail.
How long is your hair now? If it's at least APL-BSL, you might be able to do a cinnabun or a braided bun with a French/Dutch braid as your base. Crown braids work on that length. Or you could do French twists / peacock twists on shorter lengths.